Start by marking “Promise (Lords of Action, #2)” as Want to Read:
Promise (Lords of Action, #2)

Promise

(Lords of Action #2)

A deal with a notorious rake may be her only hope.
In a desperate search for her missing sister, Lady Natalia Abbingale is out of money, out of options, and out of hopeuntil she spies the one man that may be the key to finding her sisterthe Marquess of Lockston. He was a rake. A connoisseur of young widows. She knew that. But he was also the only man that could help her.
Published September 12th 2016 by AWD Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promise

Start your review of Promise (Lords of Action, #2)
MG
Promise is the second book in the Lords of Action series by KJ Jackson. I actually read this one before the first book (Vow), and perhaps because of that I like this one a little better...? It was also the very first book I read by this author who quickly became a favorite and auto-buy for me. The plot line is original and fresh; the story was interesting; the characters were likable even when they were not supposed to be... the author brings the goods!

Fletcher, Lord Lockston as he is known in
Cheryl
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I love a strong woman in a story and in Promise we have such a one, in Natalia or Talia as she is known to close friends and family. Talia has lost her home and her luxuries on the death of her father but these circumstances seem to have strengthened her character. She is looking for her sister who has been abducted from their village and is willing to take on a job as a cleaner at a brothel to find her. Whilst doing this job she comes across Fletcher, a marquess, who she knows by his ...more
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Sorry I am not a fan of human trafficking stories.

Lady Natalie Abbingale sister Louise is missing. She is believed to have been kidnapped and taken to a brothel in London to be sold as a virgin sex slave. Lady Natalie takes jobs in brothels looking for her sister. After the death of the Earl of Roserton there father the family has fallen on very hard times. No money for food or lodging.

Flecther Bartholomew the 11th Marquess of Lockston goes to brothels to to bid kidnapped virginal young girls
Cynthia Houser
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Promise

Wow! Another wonderful book by K.J. Jackson! I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I loved the characters, they're so real. Talia and Fletch are so strong, loyal and honorable. Talia has such a strong sense of responsibility that she will fight anything for someone she loves. I recommend this book.
Susanne M.
Jul 27, 2019 is currently reading it
Curses only have power if you believe in them

Ms. Jackson did an incredible job with this historical romance! Characters were well rounded. The story flowed with mystery, action, steamy intimacy scenes and of course a love that was self sacrificing. Bravo! No cheating or cliffhanger and you get a happy ever after. Enjoy
JackEllena
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An inspiring, delightful romantic action novel!

I really enjoy stories of brave, strong women and the men who realize their worth. That love can make such wonderful changes in our lives. That I can feel a tug in my throat and a tear in my eye at a well written phrase. Thank you, Jack.
Ella Foisy
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Only my opinion

I have read most of the series and have enjoyed all. They are well written and the characters stay true to form. I seethe formu!a but can ignore it because the story is so good.
Lisa Mills
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very fun read with a great plot

I am a voracious reader and I do love it when an author decided on a plot with depth and difference. Fletch's "curse" and Talia's story were a new idea and I loved this.
MELISSA
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fully entertaining

A lady desperately seeking her sister in the brothels of London. A lord slowly awaiting his death. Neither wanting love or entanglements. Both fighting for justice. An HEA than warms the soul.
S. Nicole Winters
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved this book. Talia was strong but a bit too strong at times and stubborn. The ending was well worth it.
Louiseann Walter
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING STORY!

This was an amazing story of white slavery in old London. It also was a discovery of HEART problems and how they helped people. And it really wasn't a CURSE.
EMMA FAIRMAN
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this x
Betty
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fate

While searching for her kidnapped sister destitute lady meets gentleman sure he is soon to die, what happens to them makes a very good story
Kristi
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great series.
Eileen
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I really liked Talia, so strong, honest and caring. Fletch was a little harder to warm up to; to believe in.
June Barrios Wiley
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marvelous Love story sting wim

When I first started reading this story I almost d interest. In the beginning she is not the kind of Lady that I love to read about U love strong women bd age certainly didnt start out that way ! I
Melinda
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway for an honest review.

I liked this book. I read both in the series, and I liked this one a little better. Mostly because I liked the characters a little better. The heroine in this book is a tough woman who will do whatever she needs to for the sake of her sister. It wasn't too predictable and I liked that. This is the fifth book I have read by this author and i would recommend all of them so far. I can;t wait to dive into the rest of her books.
Nazmin
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Promise is the second novel in K J Jacksons Lords of Action serial, and is loosely connected to her previous series as well.
It is a worthy and enjoyable addition to the series but it can be read as a stand alone.
Fletcher, Marquess of Lockston, has inherited the responsibility of discreetly rescuing virgins from brothels from his friend Caine, Earl of Newdale [hero of the first book in the series Vow]. He is approached for help by Lady Natalia Abbingale who is desperately searching for her
Lily
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This second book in the Lords of Action series didn't quite live up to the first but was still a good read. Here we get Fletch's story who we know from the first book. Fletch was very solid and likable in book 1, so I was eager to know more about him. Unfortunately, I never really connected with him here and Talia as well. I like strong women, and Talia was that, but she was almost too strong and focused so that she made rash and dangerous decisions. Fletch was a contradiction. First he seemed ...more
Darlene Young
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome story!

Wow! I have read most of Ms. Jackson's Regency novels but this was one of her best! The story was so unique and dramatic but had all the delicious elements of romance that we Regency romance lovers crave. The writing was superb and nearly flawless (kudos to the editor)...the only two errors I found mildly annoying were the misspelling of the word "discreet", as in, "remaining careful or circumspect". The author, like many others, spelled it "discrete" which is incorrect,
MaryD
The second in the Lords of Action series. Talia's family has been betrayed by the heir to her father's estate after his death and then her sister is kidnapped. Talia is determined to do whatever she can to find and rescue her sister, even if it means blackmailing "Fletch", Marquess of Lockston for his help.

I was amazed that Talia was willing to do so much, even (view spoiler) and is determined to break the curse that Fletch's family
Crystal
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star, soft-copy
I was a little annoyed with Natalia, she just wouldn't let anything go and then the writer makes the sister so insignificant that you are left wondering why was she so determined. There is a little story about why but it just didn't seem to have the depth that would explain why she wouldn't let it go. Other wise a very good read.
Sharon Rudolph
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I have never been disappointed by any of K.J. Jackson's books or series. She writes the books that keep you totally engaged from the first page, the characters are wonderful. You love them, laugh with them, and sometimes hate them, but she has a way of turning a hero or heroine back to the good side!

Any book you read by her is wonderful!
Bonnie B Billings
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Very different romance

I have not read any of this author. It is so well written book but I did not feel the characters were real. There was no clear reason given to why they fell in love. They just met under unusual circumstances and..
There is a curse overshadowing the hero the main driver of half the story.
Cely R Bush
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Adventure

The story line was fabulous. Almost cried several times. Romance and Adventure. Both characters have their struggles but in the end they won the fight.
jane charbonneau
Aug 11, 2019
DQ2
Jun 28, 2017
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 15, 2017 05:40PM

• Married to the Rake (The Wallflower Brides #1)
  • Too Wicked to Wed (Chronicles of a Bluestocking Book 3)
  • My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
  • Hell's Belle (Devilish Debutantes Book 3)
  • Only a Duke Would Dare  (Seductive Scoundrels, #2)
  • The Awakening of Lord Ambrose (The Lost Lords #6)
  • Deceiving The Duke (Scandals and Spies, #2)
  • When the Earl was Wicked (Forever Yours #5)
  • Married to the Lord (The Wallflower Brides #2)
  • Too Wicked to Woo (Chronicles of a Bluestocking Book 1)
  • A Lady's Guide to a Gentleman's Heart (The Heart of a Scandal #2)
  • At Last the Rogue Returns (Avenging Lords, #1)
  • The Mark of a Rogue (Scandalous Sons Book 2)
  • Duke of Depravity (Sins and Scoundrels #1)
  • Too Wicked to Want (Chronicles of a Bluestocking Book 2)
  • Wild in Winter (The Wicked Winters Book 6)
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Shelley Sisters Book 1)
  • Sophia and the Duke (Forever Yours Book 7)

Lords of Action (3 books)
  • Vow (Lords of Action, #1)
  • Oath (Lords of Action, #3)