Start by marking “Secretos de belleza coreanos para una piel radiante” as Want to Read:
Secretos de belleza coreanos para una piel radiante

Secretos de belleza coreanos para una piel radiante

¡Los secretos de la piel más bonita del mundo! En Corea, tener una piel sana y brillante es una prioridad. En este libro, Charlotte Cho te guía a través de los pasos de la rutina coreana para cuidar la piel que te ayudarán a conseguir que tu rostro luzca un aspecto inmejorable. Con los tutoriales paso a paso de Charlotte, sus consejos y productos recomendados, aprenderás a

Published September 13th 2016 by Zenith (first published November 10th 2015)

Ailin You are correct, stressors, nutrition are a big component-cause-reason of how our skin, hair, nails looks. The more reason of taking "care" of our…moreYou are correct, stressors, nutrition are a big component-cause-reason of how our skin, hair, nails looks. The more reason of taking "care" of our biggest organ (our skin) is important. You couldn't have described it better: "under capitalist system? do mediation or yoga to 'cleanse'." That means everyone tries their best under whichever circumstance they currently live in including food consumed, to take care of our bodies. The k-beauty steps are more of "you" time and to pamper oneself, a relaxing time to wind down and feel good about your day and reduce stress which in turn you sleep better and feel better. Doesn't take more than 10 mins to do, unless you do a sheet mask (20 min spa time) which if you've never tried it, I recommend one asap. (less)

Roya
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: okay
If you love skincare like I do, this book may prove to be helpful. The Korean skincare routine is something that's often talked about and many swear by. It's usually ten steps, but it really boils down to your skin type and its needs. The routine shouldn't take longer than ten minutes unless you're using a sheet mask or something along those lines.

I do have a few objections (because I'm a jerk). This routine is based upon layering. What that means is that you're basically going to apply your pro
Carlie K
Feb 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
3.5 stars.
This review is originally posted on The Bookish Girl
You can get this book on Book Depository
-----------------------------------------
I discovered this book when I stumbled across a blog post titled "10 coffee table books you need to have". Since it was described as a coffee table book, I expected it to be fun, entertaining and beautiful instead of super informational. I guess this is why I wasn't disappoi
Janet
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: asian, purchase, 2016
I am a big fan of Korean dramas and Kpop and wondered how Koreans have such flawless skin. So when I saw this book in the library catalog I knew I had to check it out.

Charlotte Cho tells her personal story of growing up Korean-American in California. She neglected skin care in her youth and didn't give much thought to using sunscreen. A job opportunity took her to South Korea where she discovered the cultural obsession with looking good. Her co-workers and friends gave her advice on skin care (a
Vivian
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe more on the 3.5 side. Lots of useful information told in a really friendly and personal tone although I don't think this should have been labelled as a skin care book specifically. Theres a lot of stuff unrelated to skincare in this - which wasn't unwelcomed but the title is kinda misleading. Also didn't love the formatting of a few pages where paragraphs would be interrupted.
Denisse
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Korean beauty is not about vanity, is about nourishing your skin and body. I should really start doing it. Fuck you laziness!

La segunda mitad del 2018 fue terrible para mi piel (grasa y con tendencia al acne). Me llene de espinillas en la frente y puntos negros en la nariz. Ahorita ya tengo eso controlado pero me quedaron unas marquitas feas y ahi es donde entra mi interes por la K-beauty.

No he usado muchos productos pero espero este 2019 encontrar una rutina no muy complicada que me mantenga f
jess
Fine. I'm obsessed with Korean beauty secrets. Who are you to judge me?

This book is fine. It's a little basic if you have read a lot of kbeauty blogs, but the information is good and the delivery style is like hanging out with a cool friend. I enjoyed it.
Weronika Zimna
I have no idea how to rate this book to be honest. It did give me some important information and I appreciate this. At the same time, there were parts that I found completely useless.
Kristan
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book to have around for reference. It definitely taught me a lot.

I've never been someone who liked wearing a bunch of makeup, but I've found myself wearing it more and more in recent years. My skin is a jerk: it's dry, oily, sensitive, prone to breakouts and shows scars easily. I started wearing foundation more to even my skin out, which tends to make me breakout more. So over the last few months I've been doing a bunch of research and trying a bunch of samples (birchbox!) to tr
Deff✨
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me almost a month to read this book? What? Good to know goodreads!
Mariana Quesada
Who would have thought I'd give 5 stars to a book about skin care!? But wow this was so helpful and eye opening. It not only tells you what's good for your skin health but also why. So you can comprehend better the reason for all those products out there and use them properly.

This book targeted all my fear and doubts of using so many different labeled products and now I can walk into a store confidently knowing what I'm looking for!

At the end it also includes a guide to traveling to Seoul which
Melanie
In the midst of mourning Carrie Fisher (and, like, the country) I checked this out from the library to distract myself and learn about the 10 step skin care routine which I've been curious about. Yeah I'm like 100 years late, but whatever. And I learned about it and found the book pretty helpful. So good job, book. Apparently random grief over a beloved celebrity death can lead us down untraveled roads to the land of skin care knowledge. \_(ツ)_/ ...more
Eri
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I took a tumble down the beauty section of my library and decided to pick up this gem. I feel so educated now lol and one of these days, I might try out this supposedly brilliant skin care routine (most likely when I have a job though bc investment)
Cidney Mayes
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very excited for my new skin care products to arrive so that I can begin my regimen! Book was informative and the author used a great conversational tone to convey information.
Emma | everemmareads
This book and the information found in it has changed my skin and my life for the better. I think everyone should read it and then we should go on a field trip to Seoul to buy all the skin stuff.
Joanna Marie
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads, self-help
very informative and i've realized so much about taking care of myself!
Sneha
Adorable and informative!
Maja
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
January 24 2019// UPDATE: It's been some time since reading this book (within which I've changed SO MUCH). So long story short, ever since I've stopped using any kind of bullshit for my face (and I used to do all 10 Korean skin care steps) my skin got cleared. Simple as that. Literally, days after stopping with the bloody serum, my chin got 50% better! Now, I enjoy a clear-skin life, only washing it with black soup and moisturising with argan oil. Please, heed my advice and don't waste money on ...more
Ubiquitousbastard
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfic, asia
I picked this up after I had already been doing the 10 Steps for a few weeks. I wanted to know a little more about what I was doing and why. This book pretty much answered all of my questions. I also liked the little extras, like about Korean food, because now I'm hooked on boricha. Charlotte Cho wrote a very accessible explanation for Korean skin care, especially since she's a few years older than me, I understood her references and stories a little better. So besides being helpful, the book is ...more
Jessica Hansen
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who thought that my first read of 2018 would be a book about skin care. But actually, I found Charlotte Cho’s experience with Korean skin care to be very insightful and interesting.

I’m super interested in Korean skin care and I really enjoyed reading more about the topic. For the beginner essential informations it’s perfect and I don’t felt that she wanted to sell me stuff. She talks about ingredients and products she likes and you can decide for yourself if you want to check her website out or
Ashlee
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: skincare lovers, Korean beauty lovers, people wishing to take care of their skin, health addicts.
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a nice little introduction to the world of Korean skincare, and skincare in general. I enjoyed the lightheartedness of it all and how accessible it would be to people of all ages, however I can't help but wish that Charlotte delved more into her knowledge as an esthetician and revealed more of he science behind the skin.

That said, there was a good solid base from which one could explore further. I also liked the parts about her experiences in Korea, however I felt that the title should
Mariana Ferreira
Very complete and thoroughly researched, it gives a broad explanation of the Korean skin-care regimen without making it overwhelming. A very enjoyable and informative read!
Anne
Jul 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being obsessed with skin care and the health of my skin, I love learning about Korean beauty secrets. I also enjoy Soko Glam's products, so I was excited to read this book. There are parts of it I love, like products commonly used in Korea as well as an entirely different mindset then we have in the west about skincare. However, the book is a bit bogged down with stories about Korea. I love learning about Korea, but it did detract from the subject of this book. However, if you are interested in ...more
Sibil
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting reading. It's ideal if you want to know more about Korean skincare and you are a newbie, but it's interesting even if you know about it and you just want to refresh your knowledge. Cho has a good writing and she explains things to you using her own experience, or the experience of people close to her, and that's good. It makes the reading easier. And she gives advice also about where to buy Korean products and she speaks about her favourite products, and this is a thing t ...more
Natasya Wiah
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: study, 2019reading
I like how writer explain every ingredients benefit.. what best and what ingredients not to use when u have such different condition of face.. I think I will always look up for this book. Recommended for every girl/women... not even girl but also suitable for boy/men. treat your skin with care and love. ❤☺ ...more
Danielle Sliepka
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I absolutely loved this little book on Korean skincare! There is so much good and interesting information packed in it! I also loved how Charlotte threw in information about Seoul towards the end. Ah, makes me miss Korea so so much! I can only imagine how much it has changed since 2008. Already made my first purchase from Soko Glam and can't wait to dive in more with Korean skincare brands!
Trish
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. I met the author briefly and she was authentic, down to earth, and lovely. The book was also authentic and unassuming.

I've adjusted my skin care routine and ordered a few things.

I also enjoyed the insighrs to Korean culture. I so want to try a Korean spa full body scrub!
Courtney
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Good information about Korean Skincare. Although, I've got a lot of similar information from watching Youtube already. I read it as a suggestion from a youtuber, in fact. I didn't find the personal anecdotes helpful or entertaining. The little snippets from other people were similarly uninspiring.
Halah
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-book, favorites
great book
she make me love Korean people more and more
Julia Perillo
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So informative! I love the illustrations, too.
Soraia
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

• Korean Beauty Secrets: A Practical Guide to Cutting-Edge Skincare and Makeup
  • The Urban Cycling Survival Guide: Need-to-Know Skills and Strategies for Biking in the City
  • Twelve Days in May: Freedom Ride 1961
  • Under the Bus: How Working Women Are Being Run Over
  • Fairie-ality: The Fashion Collection from the House of Ellwand
  • The Chili Cookbook: From Three-Bean to Four-Alarm, Con Carne to Vegetarian, Cookoff-Worthy Recipes for the One-Pot Classic
  • No More Dirty Looks: The Truth About Your Beauty Products and the Ultimate Guide to Safe and Clean Cosmetics
  • Writing Poems
  • The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart, Fiction, Fantasy, Literary
  • Cool Japan Guide: Fun in the Land of Manga, Lucky Cats and Ramen
  • The New James Beard
  • Unit Origami: Multidimensional Transformations
  • Beyond Heaving Bosoms: The Smart Bitches' Guide to Romance Novels
  • The How Can It Be Gluten-Free Cookbook Volume 2
  • Southern Pies: A Gracious Plenty of Pie Recipes, From Lemon Chess to Chocolate Pecan
  • Rose Water and Orange Blossoms: Fresh & Classic Recipes from my Lebanese Kitchen
  • Period Power: A Manifesto for the Menstrual Movement
  • The Science of Sexy: Dress to Fit Your Unique Figure with the Style System that Works for Every Shape and Size
Charlotte Cho is a South Korean-American esthetician, author and entrepreneur. She is best known as the co-founder of Soko Glam, a company that specializes in Korean beauty products. She is considered a major contributor to the current K-Beauty emergence in the U.S.
“I'm a big believer that there is only one person who will motivate you to do things that require discipline: you.” 1 likes