Start by marking “Lost Girl (Neverwood Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lost Girl (Neverwood Chronicles, #1)

Lost Girl (Neverwood Chronicles #1)

Wendy doesn't remember anything about Neverland—or the experiments done on her there as a child. Seven years later, all she wants is a normal life, but shape-shifting shadows plague her dreams and turn her life into a waking nightmare. When the shadows attack at a football game and a boy disappears right in front of her, she realizes these wraith-like shadows are real. The ...more
Published December 13th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Lost Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Girl

Haadiya  Ahmed
Update for the second book which I'll remove from this review once its out
Fuck, I just found out CHANDA HAHN PLANS TO RELEASE LOST BOY BEFORE JUNE 22ND AND THE COVER REVEAL COULD BE ANY DAY NOW AND NOW IM DYING. HALP ME HOLY SHIT.
She couldn't remember Neverland.
He wanted to forget.

T.L. Fullerton
Dec 25, 2016 T.L. Fullerton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. Chanda Hahn has never failed to weave a great tale. Looking forward to book 2
Kathy Osborn
Oct 19, 2016 Kathy Osborn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The beautiful cover and the synopsis drew me to this book. I was so excited to get an ARC from Chanda Hahn and the opportunity to read this book.

This is not your typical Neverland story with Peter Pan and Wendy, but looks at their lives after they leave Neverland. Wendy is now a teenage who is plagued with nightmares and shadows that change shapes, but doesn't remember anything from her past.

Peter and his side kicks are chasing the shadows that are plaguing Wendy, but now must try to keep her
S.F. Benson
Nov 09, 2016 S.F. Benson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m a big fan of modern retellings of childhood favorites. When I found out Chanda Hahn had written a new version of Peter Pan, I jumped at the chance to read it. I must say I wasn’t disappointed.

Hahn’s reworking of the classic is so imaginative. Neverland isn’t what we grew up thinking it was. There are Lost Boys and Lost Girls as well. Her spin on the characters and their roles left me smiling—Smee as a female psychiatrist, Captain Hook as the head of a secret military group, and even the play
E.J. Bennett
Mar 30, 2017 E.J. Bennett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Retelling of Peter Pan

Loved this retelling of Peter Pan. Wendy is an experiment that escaped from a lab. She has no memorise of her time being there.
The formatting could have been better and in some places it could have done with a bit more explanation but all in all a good tale.
Susan
Apr 25, 2017 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent storyline if a bit predictable and juvenile at times, several typos in the book and formatting errors which is kind of annoying.
Kristy
Dec 02, 2016 Kristy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Jessica
Jun 14, 2017 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘Lost Girl’ is a well-written page-turner and brilliant re-imagining of the Peter Pan tale we all know and love. All the classic elements are present, each with a new spin.

For the first seven chapters, readers follow Wendy as a child, locked in the Neverland Institution on an island, fearful of the Red Skulls who force the doctors to run further experiments on the children. Wendy is slow to make friends in her captivity, but the one she calls Boy, with green eyes and auburn hair, she knows she
Taylor Freeman
Dec 13, 2016 Taylor Freeman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Neverland is no longer full of fun and mischief.

Wendy is your average teenage girl. She’s co-captain of the cheerleading squad. She has a mother, father, and younger brother. Oh yeah and she sees things no one else can see.

Wendy might not remember Neverland, but it remembers her.

Peter wants nothing more than to forget Neverland.

Peter has been spending the past 7 years trying to save everyone, in order to make up for the guilt he’s harboring. But even he knows, you can’t save everyone.
I LOVED t
Heidi
Jun 13, 2017 Heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love fairy tale re-tellings, and though Peter Pan isn't exactly a classic fairy tale, I'm still going to put it in this category. I loved this; it was a fast-paced YA read that kept me so interested I could barely put the book down. The characters were engaging, and I enjoyed the way Hahn wove details from the original Peter Pan into her story. My only complaint is that now I want to read the next one and I have to wait!
Mimi
Mar 07, 2017 Mimi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teenagers
I enjoyed this reimagining of the Peter Pan story. The connections to the original tale worked wonderfully and the new twists were creative. I don't love that Wendy ran away, because as a parent that would be devastating, but I'm more willing to overlook it since this is just a story. The Teddy/Wendy storyline made me sad. I marked no excerpts from the book as I read, but I enjoyed the tale. It was engrossing, and I'm looking forward to the sequel.
Betsy Simmons
Dec 28, 2016 Betsy Simmons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chanda creates wonderful YA characters.

Her characters are so unique, believable and compelling. You quickly come to care about them and their journey. Put that with a great story that is a twist on a famous children's tale and you have a winning combination! Cant wait for book 2.
Kristen
Overall, this was good. Once I got into the story a bit, I found it interesting, but I almost stopped reading it because the first part just didn't flow. I love most of the other books Chanda Hahn has written, but this one struggled to get off the ground (no pun intended). Hopefully the next in the series will feel more inspired and less like she's trying to meet a deadline.
Alexandra Strong
She did it again. It wasn't even halfway into the book when I was laughing out loud, getting frustrated that a character (or two) hadn't realized something important, and being completely in love with the main characters.

Please publish the next one soon.
Alissa York
Jun 19, 2017 Alissa York rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect read for every lost boy and girl

It's no secret that everything Peter Pan is a weakness of mine and this author nailed it. Wendy, Peter, Tink, and even Nana make an appearance. But read at your own risk, once you go to Neverland, you may not want to leave.
Emma
Jun 15, 2017 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting twist on the Peter Pan tale, in fact more a whole new entirely different story featuring characters with the same names. It was really clever and I liked the characters, the plot was fast paced and I eagerly await the next instalment.
Brittini Richards
Cannot wait for the next one!!! I love fairytales twisted/retold and I've yet to delve into a Peter Pan one!!!! Absolutely LOVE Chanda Hahn and this book was no exception!!! Beautifully written and keeps you completely enthralled the entire book!!!
Emily
Jan 16, 2017 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed how the author re-told the story of Peter Pan. I thought it was a unique twist on the story
Live Laugh & Love Books
Originally posted on my blog Live Laugh & Love Books

This is the first book in a new series written by Chanda Hahn and I absolutely freaking LOVED it!!

I knew that it wasn’t going to be a simple Peter Pan story because the synopsis was different and by different I mean…DIFFERENT! There were so many twists and curves to this book that sometimes I really did just have to say “Are you kidding me” out loud! If my husband didn’t already know what a book freak I am, he would probably think I was cra
Jennifer Petrie
Jun 01, 2017 Jennifer Petrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woodrow!

Another amazing book by Chanda Hahn. I cannot wait for the next installment! If you love Peter Pan, this is a great twist!
Carrie
May 04, 2017 Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
I absolutely adore this book.
Kelly Abdul
Mar 15, 2017 Kelly Abdul rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love, loved! Hate that I have to wait for book #2, but this is definately up to par with her other novels. Her last series was a real disappointment to me, but this one is right up there with her Unenchanted and Iron Butterfly series. I really like fractured fairytales and this one is an awesome modern take on Peter Pan. She has totally redeemed herself in this fans eyes! Waiting with baited breath for the release of Lost Boy!
Michelle (tinyturtle88)
Great retelling of the Peter Pan story. Made modern, slightly creepy, and even a little humor. It reminded me slightly of the Alice in Zombieland book. A confused girl in the midst of a group of misfits. Looking forward to the next one.
Camille Fargo
Mar 08, 2017 Camille Fargo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and how it mirrors the story of Wendy, Peter, and the lost boys.
Katrina
Mar 06, 2017 Katrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this! Such an intriguing take on Neverland and all of the magic inherent in that story!
Siv Therese
Loved absolutely everyting about it!
Priscila
Dec 14, 2016 Priscila rated it really liked it

Forget everything you know about Neverland.

No one does retellings quite like Mrs Hahn.
I fell in love with her books, a retelling no less, by chance.
Here I was at home, bored out of my mind and looking for a new book to read, when I came across Unenchented, after that I immediately started the Iron Butterfly, the rest is history. I have read every single book by Hahn so far, and have yet to be disappointed.

Lost Girl is no exception.

In this version of Neverland, 17 year old Wendy is a bit differe
Leslie M.
Oct 05, 2016 Leslie M. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wendy has always been a bit different. She has nightmares which are not helped by medicine, and, while awake, she sees things others don’t see. Wendy gets a job in a bookstore, in hopes of a bit of normalcy in her teenage life. Unfortunately, nothing is typical about Wendy. That fact is solidified when she sees a boy disappear in front of her eyes at a football game. She meets Peter and his group of friends, and they take her to Neverwood Academy. Peter’s friend Tink isn’t sure that Wendy can be ...more
Kara
Feb 13, 2017 Kara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So pretty much everything Chanda writes, I love. And I'm a sucker for Peter Pan stories and spin offs. So this was just perfect. I've been putting off reading it because now I have to wait FOREVER for the next installment and that's just painful! Can't wait for the next one.
Christina
Jan 19, 2017 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of Peter Pan & this book did not disappoint me at all. There were so many references to the classic book that even the original author makes an appearance. My favorite character, Peter (of course) was exactly who I imagined in a modern setting; flirty, protective and yet unsure if he was the right leader for a group of kids who were experimented on and abused.

The only reason why I gave it 4 stars was the repetitive & unrealistic way Wendy kept running away. The pace of t
2017, year of the...: Lost girl 1 5 Feb 15, 2017 07:41AM
Chanda Hahn is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Reign An Unfortunate Fairy Tale. She was born in Seattle, WA, grew up in Nebraska and currently resides in Portland, Oregon with her husband and their twin children. She attended North Central University in Minneapolis Minnesota for Childrens Ministry. She was also a children's pastor, bookseller and children's librarian.

Books pu
More about Chanda Hahn...