Start by marking “Oh, the Meetings You'll Go To!: A Parody” as Want to Read:
Oh, the Meetings You'll Go To!: A Parody

Oh, the Meetings You'll Go To!: A Parody

Every young grad needs this fun, snarky primer for the real world.

You'll meet the world's brightest, you'll hang with the best!
And now that you've met them, you'll work with the rest!

If you're looking for an inspirational book for young people starting life's great adventure, you probably want to read Dr. Seuss's Oh, the Places You'll Go! But before your first day of actu
Published April 18th 2017 by Portfolio

To ask other readers questions about Oh, the Meetings You'll Go To!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh, the Meetings You'll Go To!

Start your review of Oh, the Meetings You'll Go To!: A Parody
Jon Nakapalau
Anyone who has ever worked in a large corporation will smile at this parody of work and how we must all reevaluate or expectations as time goes by - very funny!
Roger Smitter
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The author of this very short book provides a number of laughs to help new college grads who are making the adjustment from the college classroom to a job that requires meetings. In some ways, the book is the anti-theme of Dr. Seuss.

As someone who taught courses in small group dynamics and organizational behavior, I often had a big smile as turned the pages.

While the book captures the fun of the cadence that the "real" Dr. Seuss used in his poet, it might be best to give the book as a gift onc
Makayla
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shout out to bekah for sending me this, I love it! It’s the perfect amount of Dr. Suess nostalgia meets millennial humor.
Theresa Hildebrand
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Seussical parodies should be great fun ~ this one falls short, yawn-yawn, ho hum.
Colorful creatures indeed are inside ~ such high hopes as pages I turned with a glide.
Not Horton, Not Yertle, Not Cindy Lou Who would approve of this tale & neither should you.
If one wants to Seuss, then Seuss you should do ~ but make sure your Seussing is Theresa approved.
Emma
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I saw this book at the library on the shelf and started reading it. It's actually a book to read not even in one sitting, but in one standing, lol!
It's really funny, but is certainly not very hopeful if you are a young person near the end of College, ready to launch into "real life" and work!!
Pat
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: College grads
Styled after Dr. Seuss' "Oh, the Places You'll Go", this is a cute little read that takes a somewhat humorous look at making one's way in corporate life. Perfect for the college grad.
Meghan
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really cute. Would be a great gift for college graduates
Cristine Williams
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Humorous verses and delightful images make one laugh.....tough love and inspiration as young people begin their first adventure in the working world!
Freddy
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
The zanily illustrated and worthy, if sobering, parody of the Seuss classic definitely makes the better college graduation gift.
Bekka
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: illustrated, humor
Kind of dumb. Obviously this is aimed at recent grads, and its a parody of our beloved Dr. Seuss, but I felt like it really falls flat. The rhymes are not that clever and the overall concept gives a pretty limited and stereotypical view of what the job market is like. I realize this is just a light piece of fluff humor aimed at the millennials, but for me it was not that entertaining.
Andrew
Oh, the Meetings You'll Go To! by Dr. Suits, is a parody of Oh the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss, the cliched graduation book read to new University graduates everywhere. This one takes a different approach, looking at the troubling world of getting your first job, trying to find a career, and the slow loss of energy and eagerness that new graduates face as they grind their way through entry level careers. The book is stylized and written exactly as a Seuss book would be, and the author really ...more
BeanbagReads
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
This pictorial book’s title is a parody on Dr Seuss’s book “Oh The Places You’ll Go!”. It’s a very quick read, less than 20 minutes since it’s only 26 pages in all. It describes the challenges faced by a fresh graduate entering the workforce, in an entertaining and humorous way. Most of what is written is fairly true, so it might be a bit of a downer for folks entering the workforce with high hopes. Nevertheless the entertainment value is not bad, for a short read.

(I read the eBook)
Kristelle
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got this as a Christmas present from my sister right before starting my first full time job after graduating from college. It’s colorful and funny in some parts and very realistic and a bit sobering in others. I’m glad this book addresses the latter, because life after college definitely isn’t always sunshine and rainbows. I think it’s important to keep in mind that this is a parody. If you’re expecting Dr. Seuss quality rhymes, you’ll be a little disappointed. It’s similar, but not quite.
Rex Libris
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
An entertaining "parody" of the Dr. Seuss book "Oh, the Places You will Go." I put parody in quotes because it is not necessarily a send-up of Dr. Seuss, but of the workplace. "Dr. Suits" uses Seuss' style to send up the average office job. Perhaps the best joke was the next book Dr. Suits is working on, "One Job, Two Job; No Job, New Job."
Shanna
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
Fun take on a classic but might not age well due to references. Art style is reminiscent of the classical Dr. Seuss style but not to the point of mimicry. -- actual quote from my best friend who read it alongside me.
Jules
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humorous
A humorous adaptation of Dr. Seuss's classic, "Oh the Places You'll Go" (which my mom bought me for my high school graduation), for college grads. A quick, fun read that I think will resonate with
many of us as we feel our way through careers and work-life balance. Great illustrations, too!
Booksandball
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sharon Royle
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't pass this one up at the library. The ideal audience is recent college graduates. Life after college with all those college loans to repay and no job lined up is the basis for this book.

Very delightful!
Julie McKenna
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This parody of the Dr Seuss book Oh the places you’ll go would make a nice graduation gift for the student about to enter the workplace. A good message about sustaining oneself through the lows and highs of a career — and that those experiences are all “normal”.
Donna Luu
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A parody or just the truth??? Only you can decide, but it's hilarious at times. My spouse adds that the meter is correct (as I can't always tell), which most Dr. Seuss copycats get wrong.
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was very creative and loved that it was like a Dr. Seuss book. Suggesting this book to all my college friends!
Jessica
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humorous, poetry, business
Oh so funny! Cannot wait to read Dr. Suits' next book "One Job, Two Jobs, No Job, New Job".
Claire
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
This was quirky and worth a chuckle, read it in about five minutes standing in the library. I might order a copy for my business school cohort.
Samantha
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was definitely a quick and humorous read. It's a funny way to look at life after college and the misery you'll face in the corporate world.
John Jeng
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As far as parodies go, this is an imitation of genius.
BookLionQueen
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, 4-star-books
4 out of 5 stars

This was a very cute and very funny parody.
librarian4Him02
Why I picked it up: I was walking by the new books shelves at my library one day and spotted this title on the shelf.

Why I kept reading: Simply put, it rang with a bit of truth and a lot of funny-ness.

In the end: While I don't necessarily agree that starting in an entry level position has quite that much hardship and grunt work, I did like the overall message directed at those hunting for work. That is, don't be afraid to start at the bottom and keep working hard. One day your work will be rew
Kris Dersch
Actually much better than I thought it would be.
It's "Oh, the Places You'll Go" for the milennial generation and it will be out of date in five minutes, but it will get a snicker or two from milennials and Gen Z or whatever we're calling them now. And it is somehow accurate and not as negative as you're expecting. As Seuss parodies go, it's worth the thumb through. And for some weird reason my kid likes it.
Emily
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
A book to encourage college graduates in their career ahead. It’s a great parody of Dr. Seuss, both rhyming wise as well as pictures that remind you of those books from childhood. It lays out the bullshit that no one tells you is coming at you in adulthood, while also making light of the fact that meetings are useless, your promotion will be hard going if ever accessible, but you will survive. Enjoyable, though I was really hoping for a book that put into words the uselessness of meetings.
Kathryn Bergeron
Nov 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
Why I Read This: I thought that it looked easy and fun when it passed my way at the library.

Summary: Work is the worst! Be disillusioned, because you'll never get anywhere.

Review: I am surprised that I don't have a tag for "this author is a jerk". I almost made one just for this book. The illustrations are like grotesque versions of Dr. Seuss, and the content is not acceptable for me.

• Hedgehog Wisdom: Little Reasons to Smile
  • Live, Love, Laugh
  • And Though She Be But Little, She
  • Pretty Things
  • Crap Taxidermy
  • (SAFE BABY HANDLING TIPS [WITH SPINNER]) BY Sopp, David(Author)Hardcover Nov-2005
  • Yoga for Bros: Your Guide to Manly Mindfulness
  • Screw Calm and Get Angry
  • Brave Girls Club: Go Where the Peace Is
Dr. Suits is the pseudonym of a first time author who has gone to far too many meetings over the years.