Start by marking “Deceived” as Want to Read:
Deceived

Deceived

How well do you know your loved ones?

A girl struggling to cope with the murders of her mother and five-year-old brother.
A journalist chasing the ghost of a potential serial killer.
A thirteen-year-old girl who slaughtered her parents.
And a revenge-driven psychopath who is about to destroy everyone’s life.

After 9 years, a young writer is still coping with the brutal murder
Paperback
Published by Citrus Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Deceived, please sign up.
Heena Rathore P. Thankfully, no. I have never come across a serial killer in my life as far as I can tell, nor have I lost any loved one the way Ally does in the book.…moreThankfully, no. I have never come across a serial killer in my life as far as I can tell, nor have I lost any loved one the way Ally does in the book. As mentioned in this book this story is a work of fiction.
Though, I do know how grief affects human psyche and how adversely it can affect different people. (less)
Heena Rathore P. The inspiration behind Deceived was simply an unyielding urge to share my obsession with psychopaths with everyone (or at lease like-minded people who…moreThe inspiration behind Deceived was simply an unyielding urge to share my obsession with psychopaths with everyone (or at lease like-minded people who love reading books.)(less)

Alejandro
Astonishing debut for this author!

The author sent me a copy of the book in exchange of a honest review.

DON’T JUDGE A BOOK FOR ITS COVER, BUT…

It’s true that you can’t judge a book for its cover, but I think that a cover is a priceless resource to inspire a reader to choose a novel.

If you’re looking for a classic or a mass-popular book, you won’t care about the cover, you are looking for the title, but when you’re deciding to read a book, especially a new book, if you watch a bad cover, with
Supratim
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Citrus Publishers for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Deceived, a psychological thriller is a debut novel by Heena Rathore P. and I must say that she has done a pretty good job.

Even before I started with the story I got the feeling that this one is going to be good. You know why? It was the Foreword by Patrick H. Moore, a crime blogger cum writer, which clarified the difference between psychopath and sociopath. I had a basic idea but did not kno
Vishnu Chevli
I have started reading Deceived by Heena Rathore 3 days back and I couldn't put it down. Out of curiosity, I have completely devoured all 350 pages in 3 days to know what would happen next. Most of the books get boring in the mid part but this book has kept me on my toes throughout.

Before we get into the story I just want to take a minute to appreciate the cover because that is what made me pick the book in the first place and a line written on the cover "How well do you really know your loved o
Archit Ojha
Imagine a girl missing from her home, being suspected for her entire family's murder, has nowhere to go and you are the one who has to decide right from the wrong.

Scary, isn't it?

The book starts withe explaining the difference between sociopath and psychopath. Since that moment, your mind is set that you are going to read something wonderful. The fascinating way it creates the lies and mystery around the reader just to deceive him even more, amazed me.

Allison Stone has lost her mother and small
Pooja
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, owns
Explosive.

This was the book I had been waiting to read since few months. And finally!

The story unfolded itself with a news article about murders in a family. The main suspect is the little daughter of the family who is now missing. Neighbors are supporting the theory that the small girl can be the killer as she had some mental issues already. The police is convinced to get the girl behind the bars.

After that, how brutally everything happened, kept me stick to the pages at the edge of my bed. Ban
Vicki
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-thriller
The story is unnerving and dark. The characters were well conceived and had a lot of backstory and content which made you feel you did know them. Not that you understood them, only that you knew them.
Harsh in realistic horror that made me want to continue reading while at the same time, I wanted to look away. There is a lot to be said for this book. It has a lot of terror and it has a lot of psychologically wounded people. It is a great first book.
Surabhi Sharma
‘Deceived’ is a story of a girl Allison Stone and her ordeals. At a small age of thirteen, she lost her mother and her five-year-old brother who was found brutally murdered in their own house. Since that day she struggled to cope with the loss and harsh reality but nightmares did not leave her alone. When everything looks coming back to normal less she knows the past loved her dearly more than her present and never wants to leave her alone.

The cover of the book is totally apt with the theme and
Heena Rathore P.
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I love my work, so yeah, I love this book :)
Harshad Sharma
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Citrus Publishers to provide me with a free copy to read and review, thank you guys, you chose a good one to publish..

Let's start with the review.
There are two kinds of dread, first one where you have no idea and you don’t know what is going to happen, so you are mortified of the unknown, Second where you know things are going to go wrong, you know exactly what is wrong and you can do nothing but read further waiting for things to inevitably go wrong., this is a second kind
Andrew
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-in-english
*** I would like to thank Citrus Publishers and the author, Heena Rathore, for providing me with an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review ***

I followed Heena's comments and posts for two years, many times exchanging opinion about books with her. I was curious to read her first work and I wasn’t disappointed: Deceived is a psychological thriller that kept me glued to pages from start to finish.

The story revolves around Allison Stone, whose mother was brutally murdered years earlier with her b
Sheetal Maurya - Godse (Halo of Books)
You may check out the full book review on our blog Deceived by Heena Rathore P.| Book Review

Being a lover of mystery and thriller I always look forward to reading a book which is gruesome and can quench my reading thirst. After reading the blurb and seeing the book cover I was pretty much convinced that this is a MY TYPE of book. I have received an ARC of this book from the publisher so big thanks to them. So let’s check it out what this book offers.

Plot summary:

Allison stone aka Ally is totally
Kate
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Deceived" was a book that I read a review of and was intrigued, not something I would usually pick up but this book screamed out "read me" and I was only too happy to oblige.

This is a very fast paced thriller that grabs readers from the very beginning, the explanation of the differences between a psychopath and a sociopath makes for very interesting reading and really sets the tone for this book - a book that will get under the skin of the reader.

Without retelling the plot, I will say that the
Ammie *Ammie's Book Obsession*

FOR MORE REVIEWS VISIT-- http://ammiesbookobsession.blogspot.in/

Cover Rating

Book Rating

**Thank you Citrus Publications considering me worthy enough to send a review copy **

Be still my beating heart!! So this was an all consuming, nail biting and heart leaping out of my damn chest read.... Suspense is not my usual genre but this cover was like-- come ammie and get me I am already yours.

This was me looking at the cover!!
Image result for coming gif

I usually read romantic phycological thrillers but this book was certainly
John

When it comes to my reading it's usually all horror, all the time , but when i was asked to read this psychological mystery suspense thriller I said "why not?"

I enjoyed this book a lot! There were 2 or 3 characters that were likeable, but it seemed that most of the characters had mental issues to some extent or were just plain suspicious, so it got a little confusing when trying to figure out "who done it." Towards the end it got pretty suspenseful.

Recommended if you like psychological
The Reading Bud
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brutal!
Maya Zada
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this e-book in exchange of an honest review.

You should know that I usually don't read thrillers but I decided to give the genre a try and I must say that Deceived was a suitable choice to enter the genre. Deceived is one of those books that you'll read and finish but the story itself and the thoughts you had about it will linger in your mind and continue to amaze and horrify you for a long time afterwards. If you ask me, that's precisely makes a novel of any genre attra
Dr Rashmit Mishra

banner

So as usual , before I start , Let me give out a disclaimer stating that I recieved a free ebook copy of Deceived from Citrus Publications and My views and reviews of this book has in no way been influenced by this generosity shown by the publication .

What I Liked:

rate

This is from what i know a debut novel for the author and if you didn't know that while starting to read this book , chances are you won't be able to guess it to be so . Her writing stays clear of any unnecessary attempt to throw i
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
This was an odd one for me! I just couldn't get past locational issues, like where was this book set?! I don't know. It just didn't work for me!
Anika Kalia
A gripping debut that keeps you guessing till the end !! An absolute page turner that will keep you at the edge of your seat throughout.

I would like to thank Citrus Publishers for providing me with the ARC of Deceived in exchange for an honest review. Deceived had me hooked right from the very beginning. I enjoy horror and dark thriller genre and this book had all the elements including suspense, a psychopath serial killer and a very horrific end. The book begins with the introduction of two te
Heather
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow..
A wonderful book that was hard to put down. A young girl that murdered her parent. A family that is torn apart by the murder of half of it that remains unsolved. Time passes and strange things start to happen and a young woman starts to think she is losing her mind just as her cousin is connecting dots. Read and come to your own conclusions.
Hanna  Cristobal
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Visit blog for more book review: Hanna
Banana Reads

“Denial, the only thing that keeps most of us from losing our sanity.”

Original Rating: 4.5/5

Disclaimer: I received an ARC copy of this book from the author, Heena Rathore P. & Citrus Publishers in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion in any way.

Deceived is a psychological thriller book that you would not want to put down. For a debut novel, it is truly brilliant and exciting to read. From the start up to the last wo
Tavleen Kaur
Deceived is a psychological thriller and horror book by debut author Heena Rathore P. It follows the story of four characters and the book switches between their perspectives. Elizabeth is on the run after brutally killing her parents. Allison’s mother and brother were murdered and she is still haunted by it. Steve is trying to find the truth about their deaths and chasing a serial killer. Michael is a psychopath who is seeking revenge.

The book starts with a foreword by Patrick H. Moore about th
Faouzia
I would like to thank the Author for giving me a free copy of this book in exchange of an honest review.

4.5 Stars.
What a fascinating story!
Psycopaths, serial killers, unexplicable murders, dark secrets, revenge... this book had it all.

I liked how the story was structured. It was told, alternatively, through the different point of views/perspectives of 4 characters:
- Allison Stone: the girl who survived the murder of half of her family, and after 9 years still trying to get back to normal life.
Alretha Thomas
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew from the onset that Heena Rathore’s new novel, DECEIVED, was special. A consummate wordsmith, it’s very apparent Heena painstakingly took her time with this masterpiece. Combining magical prose with breathtaking imagery, Heena immediately drew me into the story about Allison Stone, a young woman whose mother and brother had been viciously murdered by an assailant who after many years has never been found. Who killed Allison’s mother and brother and why? Those questions continue to haunt A ...more
Rêvvâ Tênâg
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very engaging read with lifelike characters. I was 100% invested into the story. Some things I guessed half right, but couldn't confirm them until the very end. Ally frustrated me sometimes and made me shout out 'what the fk are you still doing in that house?! Get the fk outta there!' :-D
A quality read and a book I'll surely remember for a long time.
D.H.
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A captivating read! Heena Rathore starts the reader off with a foreword that immediately puts you in the mindset for this mystery thriller. Things only got better as the author weaved a complicated web tying past and present events leading up to an ending I was not expecting.

The characters in this story are easy to identify with, especially Allison who is still struggling to recover from her tragic past and she believes her mother killer is still at large. The other main character Steve though
Shelly Bajwa
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Allison Stone’s life suddenly is torn to pieces when her mother and little brother are brutally murdered for no reason. Baffled and confused, she grows up with inhibitions and doubts, stemming from the scarring incident. She find solace in her Dad, her best friend and roommate Sam and her lovable dog, Max. She reconnects with her cousin, Steve who was her best friend growing up but cut off all the ties when Ally’s mum and brother were murdered. Now an investigative journalist, he is determined t ...more
Vincent Pablo
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is miles ahead of other Indian books I've read in the past. The writing style of the author is really good and I was able to follow each and everything nicely.
I loved the diary entries and they really took the book to a whole new level. And the nerve-wracking parallel stories were really chilling.
I guess we've got ourselves an Indian Gillian Flynn here.
Loved the book, the psychological aspect for me was 10/10 and the storytelling skills of the author are exceptionally good. I'll be on
Naveen Verma
What an excellent debut work. For all those who love suspense and thrill, this book is sure going to keep you on edge of your seat.
You'll be turning pages and you wouldn't know it.
Oh! Be ready for the surprise at the end. You're in for a brutal treat.
Preeti Lingayat
Love it! I felt scared to death for most of the time.
The writing was great and characters superb! I love Ally and Max <3
Way ahead of other Indian books in terms of writing as well as creativity and imagination.
Can't wait for the next book by author Heena Rathore P.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Heena Rathore Pardeshi is a novelist, novel critic, as well as a book reviewer. She is also the Editor In Chief at a publishing house and an acclaimed YouTube Podcaster. An award-winning writer, she has won several NaNoWriMos and JuNoWriMos since 2014.

Heena also manages her own book club, RMFAO on Goodreads.com.

A fan of crime-thrillers, apocalyptic fiction and slasher movies and series, she draws
“Denial. It’s the only thing that keeps most of us from losing our sanity.” 18 likes
“It wasn't the wild animals that scared her, but the civilised ones.” 4 likes