Start by marking “Madden” as Want to Read:
Madden

Madden

(The A.W.E. Crew #4)

Seven years ago, Lieutenant Jacob Madden chose the Navy over a life in the Amish settlement several generations of his family had called home. When he receives concerning family news, he steels himself for the cold reception he's certain to receive and catches the first flight to his neck of the woods just outside of Lucasville, Kentucky. But that steel is not enough to sh ...more
Published April 1st 2017 by Éire Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Madden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Madden

Start your review of Madden
Zita
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-arcs
A sweet second chance romance for former Amish…

This is a novella in the CELEBRATE: A Love Brothers Anthology that can be read as a stand-alone.

The Amish have a ritual they go through during adolescence, Rumspringa, a rite of passage where the young are allowed to experience the outside world and then they are supposed to return to their faith but not everyone does. Some know they are not meant for the life of the Amish though the cost of not returning is great, those who leave are forever excomm
Karen
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Chris Almeida wrote a 5 star book about a young Amish boy that left for a life away from his family and beliefs. Jacob Madden us a Navy Seal that comes home to see his sick mother. Abigail is his first love that went with him on their Rumspringa. Jacob does not go back but Abigail does.
This story is fantastic it gives you look into the Amish believes and the hard decision that the young people have to make. Jacob loves Abigail and she loves him he's been gone but the feelings haven't changed.
Ab
Amy R
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
MADDEN by Chris Almeida and Cecilia Aubrey is a captivating novella with a unique plot and charming characters. While it is short in length it packs quite the emotional punch. The inclusion of the Amish community was fascinating. I don't know much about their beliefs so this aspect of the book really captured my attention.

As for the characters, I instantly fell in love with both Abigail and Jacob. They each have several layers to their personalities and I felt as if I had known them my whole lif
Mayas
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Acceptance of one's self goes both ways. You have to be willing to accept that you cannot pleaase everyone by living the life that fits you but know without a shadow of a doubt that deep down the love is still there. That was the lessons of both Jacob and Abigail while fighting for the love of their parents when they chose to leave the life that did not suit who they ultimately wanted to be.

I learned a lot reading this book on culture, growth, love, and change. Although some were a punch in the
Cinthia
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book very short... but with a good story, a second chance and true love.

One can notice the care and affection that the authors have as the searches ... in this book the main characters left their Amish families and tried to live their lives away from the customs to which they are accustomed since they were born, all their lifes.

Jacob Madden's reunion with Abigail is beautiful, and the connection they have, even after seven years without seeing each other, is intense and true.

I want more... about
Karen Gower
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is another must read from these two talented authors. It's heartfelt, educational and quite emotional. It draws you in at the beginning and leaves you at the end craving more.
Cynthia
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jacob wanted more he wanted to see the world and joined the Navy leaving behind his true love Abigail. He didn’t want her to make the choice between him and her family and the Amish community off he went to spread his wings that is until he gets the call his mother is very ill. On his return he finds Abigail working in a dinner separated from her family. Leaving him wondering if he made the right choice in leaving her behind.

Abigial has demons of her own letting the one man she every loved leave
Nikki Brooks
Jacob Madden never returned to his family after Rumspringa. He chose to see the world with the Navy but in doing so he left his heart with Abigail. He knew she would never leave her family and he didn't want to make her choose between him and them. But when he gets a call that his mother is terminally ill, he returns to town. He never imagined he'd find Abi working in the local diner, having left her family after all!

Abigail now regrets choosing her family over Jacob. Her fear of the unknown ma
Maria Mercedes
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mad Madden is a character I look forward to getting to know better, as part of the AWE crew he shows great promise at being a very exciting and interesting character. His past quickly catches up with him as he runs into Abigail, the girl he left behind. The heat between them ignites instantly and this short read, warms nicely and sweetly. Both Jacob and Abigail have grown up Amish and left their roots behind. The authors really did their research on living Amish and the long-term effects of Rums ...more
Anne Blyth
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book in return for my honest review.

Wow, what a surprise! Not only did I thoroughly enjoy the story line but I learned a great deal about the Amish way of life. As an Australian I only had a passing understanding of their ways so it was a fascinating experience for me. Getting back to Jacob Madden and Abigail Wyse, unlike many romance novels, I found this one to be real and believable and so very easy to get lost in. This was my first Chris & Cecilia book but it wo
Cheryl
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great read! The authors give an excellent account of a couple struggling to be a part of a life they never knew existed... and loving each other in the meantime.

I definitely recommend this book and this series. As a military veteran I'm not always happy to read about authors "sharing our secrets", but I believe they did this respectfully. And even though is a part of the story, it's not the main point of the story.
Candy
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-challenge
As a young man, Jacob Madden walked away from everything he knew, including his family and the girl he loved. Growing up Amish, Jacob knew he wanted to see the world and he couldn’t accomplish that in his community. Now Jacob, a special forces operator with the A.W.E Crew, has returned home to say goodbye to his dying mother. What he didn’t plan on was running into Abigail Wyse, the girl he loved as a teenager. Like Jacob, Abigail has walked away from their Amish community and is slowly finding ...more
Victoria
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Madden by Chris Almeida and Cecilia Aubrey

Hello dear readers. Let me start by saying that this book was given to me as an ARC by the authors for an honest review. Now, that being said I will go on with the review.
The book is quite short. It’s still a novella. But even for the twelve chapters it’s…well I don’t know. But it wasn’t enough for me. Don’t get me wrong. It’s a great book. Finished and with an ending I love. But I want more.
The main character is Lieutenant Jacob Madden. He is military
Nicole
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lieutenant Jacob Madden has thrived in the military, earning his place in the 8th Special Warfare Logistics Group. He is currently on a week long leave, in hopes of seeing his mother. Normally, this would make anyone happy, however, Jacob left his family and the Amish religion behind, seven years ago. After reading a concerning letter from his sister, he is compelled to go home, no matter how much dread lies in his heart. What he doesn't expect to find is his first love, Abigail, working in a ba ...more
Kathy Newcomer
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by these authors but I can guarantee it won't be the last!! I love Jacob and Abigail's story! They were both Amish and were shunned for leaving. Jacob went on to become a soldier in the special services, and Abigail was working as a cook. They hadn't seen each other since Jacob decided to stay in the world and Abigail went back to the Amish community, and Jacob was surprised when he came back to the area and saw that Abigail was no longer living the Amish life. T ...more
Becky Burciaga
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With each of the books I've read by these authors, the reader's attention and emotions are seized from the first paragraph then taken on a gripping ride...Madden is no different. There is so much heart and feeling contained within this story that it is hard to put down once you start reading. That the characters revolve around Amish believes and rigidity, makes it that much more interesting in terms of the conflict surrounding Jacob and Abigail and that they have dealt with all their lives.

These
Donna
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read in the A.W.E. Crew series and yes I started with the 4th book -so I'll work my way backwards! - Madden is a story of losing roots, planting new ones and finding love in the midst of it all. I don't like spoilers , it ruins the book for others. So you'll get no spoilers from me but let me say Madden is endearing heartwarming and in some ways heart wrenching. I love Chris Almeida's and Celia Aubrey's work. Having read all their books in the CounterMeasures series Madden is a ...more
Carissa Janes
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought Jacob and Abigail had a great story. Jacob is dealing with the struggle of coming home after being away for so long, and trying to get his family to acknowledge him. Abigail had turned her back on Jacob once, but now she's finally ready to fight for what she wants. This is a great story with the added bonus of learning more about the Amish lifestyle, which is always so intriguing. Great read, and I hope to read more about the Love brothers and the A.W.E. Crew.
Ginelle Blanch
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Change.
Acceptance.
Finding each other.

Jacob and Abby are just good together. A shared past.
Letting go.
Holding on.

Really good addition to the Love Brothers world.
Amy R
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Danille Dillon
Dec 14, 2016
Ches
Dec 14, 2016
Susan
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Madden is a standalone and you don't need to have read the other books to enjoy this one. Chris and Cecilia packed a lot of action, emotion, and twists and turns into this quick read. And as usual with their books, the sex is hot and steamy. The novella is short, yet they managed to richly describe the characters, scenery, and get you caught up in the emotions between the two main characters. I'm definitely going to want to read more of the stories in their A.W.E. series.
Toni French
Sep 07, 2017
Sandi
added it
Dec 24, 2017
Chris Almeida (also known as C. Almeida) began writing children’s stories at a very young age. Born in Brazil but currently living in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Chris’ life took a totally different course when technology came into play, and the following 17 years were spent delving deep into the world of programming and web design.
It was in 2010, when Chris began role playing online as a hobby, tha

The A.W.E. Crew (4 books)
  • Ace (The A.W.E. Crew #1)
  • Double H (The A.W.E.. Crew Book Two)
  • Gator (The Omega Team; The A.W.E. Crew #3)