Start by marking “How Food Works: The Facts Visually Explained” as Want to Read:
How Food Works: The Facts Visually Explained

How Food Works: The Facts Visually Explained

(How it Works)

An easy-to-understand visual guide to the facts of food and nutrition.

A nutritionist in a book that explains key concepts about food and what makes it good or bad for you, How Food Works brings the science of food to life. Through a highly visual approach that uses bold infographics, explore the good, the bad, the confusing, and the trending world of food. Discover
Published May 23rd 2017 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published May 2017)

To ask other readers questions about How Food Works, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Food Works

Start your review of How Food Works: The Facts Visually Explained
Scout Collins
Gorgeous, but sometimes misleading/incorrect/false infographic-type book. 90% is informative, well designed and interesting to the reader. 10% touts questionable information as fact.

Examples:

Fluoride
"Helps keep our bones and teeth strong. Lack of fluoride may lead to an increase in tooth decay." (35)
>> Actually, a quick Google search reveals a Harvard Dental School study found a correlation between fluoride and osteosarcoma (bone cancer). Hmm. It's already questionable for teeth health. Don't think you should be advocating fluorfact.
"Helps
Alison
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful DK book, with loads of information, simple to understand facts and diagrams, and also looks more into food than just food, but also looking at the environmental impact, human impact, food trends, diets and nutritional health. Was impressed with the more environmental and healthy stance of the articles. A really good book for students to get their heads around the basic information of what makes food, food.
Olivia Victorius
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love to understand about nutrition and about what we eat everyday. This book is the gun! It shows everything we need to know from a-z packed nicely in a book. Great for beginner who wants to understand about nutrition. Worth every penny.
Arshad Pooloo
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
As with of books from this publisher, this one too contains well researched facts that are beautifully presented. This is the kind of information I believe should be accessible to everyone especially from a very young age. The book is filled with visual guides and loads of useful information that can benefit anyone who takes time to learn these stuffs about nutrition.

The book is divided into 6 parts namely:
1. Food Fundamentals
2. Storing and Cooking
3. Types of Food
4. Drink
Urbandale Library
Everything one could ever want to understand food. This book is well organized with bite-sized (get it?) chunks of information. It is peppered with infographics, as well. Although this book is found in our juvenile area, adults will find lots of useful information from nutrition facts to storing and cooking and how environmental choices affect food. I couldn’t sit down and read this straight through but in bits and pieces, it was quite interesting and helped me grow my food knowledge.

Dachokie
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
Effectively Simplifies Essential Information …

This book was reviewed as part of Amazon's Vine program which included a free copy of the book.

With all the “advice” we receive daily regarding the benefits of “healthy eating”, the more I realize how uninformed most of us are on what we really need in order to be healthy. Words like “organic” and “natural” sound safe enough, but are they really that beneficial or simply effective marketing tools? What about those nutrition bo
Patris
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You are what you EAT
You are what you READ
MP
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Biết cuốn này lâu rồi nhưng chưa có dịp đọc.

Hôm nay đi Nhã Nam tình cờ thấy em nó nên chộp liền.

Sách có nhiều hình minh họa đẹp, full màu và giải thích khá chi tiết về chuyện ăn uống, tiêu hoá của chúng ta.

Là 1 kẻ ngoại đạo, bản thân thấy sách viết tương đối dễ hiểu đối vs 1 cuốn cung cấp quá nhiều kiến thức mới và phức tạp.

Ai quan tâm đến dinh dưỡng thì PHẢI ngó qua cuốn này.
Cazan Cristian
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
How a food works it’s a book that explains the basics of the nutrition on multiple plans ( what are the micro/macro nutrients, food categories, different types of diets spread across the world, etc. )
This is a book from which I have learnt many things that I did not know about those topics, but it also contains some terms with which I’m not used and it’s hard to remeber all of them.
Ramadhani Mahendra

• How Money Works: The Facts Visually Explained
  • War and Peace, Volume 1
  • The Literature Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained
  • Wade in the Water: Poems
  • The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life
  • The 7 Levels of Change: Different Thinking for Different Results
  • Socorro Diez: Libro pesadillesco (Socorro, #10)
  • Mystery (Alex Delaware, #26)
  • Poesía Completa
  • The Seven Dumbest Relationship Mistakes That Smart People Make
  • White Lies and Barefaced Truths (Truth Or Dare #1)
  • The Wedding Dress
  • The Disney Book
  • Análisis de Crónica de una muerte anunciada
  • L'art de la Simplicité: How to Live More with Less
  • Ăn dặm không nước mắt
  • Seven Kinds of Smart: Identifying and Developing Your Multiple Intelligences

Dorling Kindersley (DK) is a British multinational publishing company specializing in illustrated reference books for adults and children in 62 languages. It is part of Penguin Random House, a consumer publishing company jointly owned by Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA and Pearson PLC. Bertelsmann owns 53% of the company and Pearson owns 47%.

Established in 1974, DK publishes a range of t

How it Works (6 books)
  • How Psychology Works: The Facts visually explained
  • How the Body Works
  • How Money Works (How Things Work)
  • How Business Works: A Graphic Guide to Business Success