Start by marking “Geliebter Schuft” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Geliebter Schuft

Jane Feather

Geliebter Schuft (Matchmaker Duncan Sisters #1)

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  1,185 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
U ovoj izvrsnoj novoj trilogiji Jane Feather, prema New York Timesu najprodavanije spisateljice, tri poduzetne sestre potajno vode uspješnu agenciju za ženidbeno posredovanje. No ove tri dobre partije besprijekorna porijekla uopće nisu zainteresirane za brak — sve dok, jedna po jedna, ne nađu odgovarajući par...
POPIS NEŽENJA - prvi dio trilogije
Constance Duncan je najstari
Published (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Geliebter Schuft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Geliebter Schuft

Koki
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jane Feather je známa tým, že vo svojich dielach sa venuje politickým témam. Politike sa nevyhla ani v tejto knihe. Kým vo svojich ostatných príbehoch sa zameriavala skôr na intrigy na kráľovskom dvore alebo riešila vojnové obdobie za Napoleona, v tomto románe sa zameriava na práva žien. Z knihy číha feminizmus, ženská inteligencia a túžba po rovnosti a emancipácii.

Hlavná hrdinka je sufražetka ako bič. Bojuje za práva žien ako levica, i keď v danej dobe to nebolo vôbec jednoduché. Spolu so sest
Gerrie
This is my first book by this author. It's terrific in so many ways. The story takes place in 1906 Edwardian England, and is the first in a series about three sisters. Constance, the heroine and eldest sister, is a suffragette. She is mature, fiercely intelligent, and passionate about her cause. Max, the hero, is an up and coming member of Parliament, as well as a member of the inner circle of the Prime Minister. Max, like the PM, is opposed to granting women the vote, and they are looking for w ...more
Julie
May 30, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went on a Jane Feather reading kick at one point and now I have a hard time remembering which ones I read. I remember liking them, but I also remember that after a few books, they're pretty much the same book but with different characters - and in the case of the series, the characters aren't even significantly different. Therefore, they aren't memorable enough to remember details. But I did read them and like them. I'd say if you're looking for a romance to read by the pool or on the beach, t ...more
Vina Raintree
Feb 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
membosankan.. hahaha
bener-bener gag kuat baca

masa 3 bersaudara cewe, cantik-cantik, semuanya memutuskan untuk menghilangkan keperawanannya di usia muda...
dan yes, di critanya semua udh gag virgin,,
wkwkwk

give up smpe halaman 187, langsung tidur
Marian
May 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Constance Duncan may be the eldest of three sisters, but she has more important things on her mind than finding a husband--for herself, at any rate. Through the Personals services of her popular newspaper, The Mayfair Lady, Constance connects lonely hearts. But her own heart lies in her work, and nothing will distract her from it--until she finds herself irresistibly drawn to a man of disastrously different views. Max Ensor is a politician whose out-moded attitudes outrage her--even as his power ...more
Keri West
Jul 10, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Preachy. I'm a big time feminist. Nonetheless, I don't really want that to be the focus of a romance novel. In this book the author pits a suffragette against a man-of-his-times manly man. The result is that they spend a lot of time having distinctly unromantic arguments about politics. The heroine finds the hero's views repugnant and after that, it is hard for the reader to consider him much of a prize. Eventually I found that I didn't like either of them and couldn't care less whether they got ...more
Titis Wardhana
Jadi ceritanya ada 3 bersaudara Constance, Prudence, Chastity yang bikin koran gosip kalangan atas gitu. Tapi isinya juga ada politik, kebetulan mereka bertiga ini pendukung supaya wanita diberi hak pilih. Terus, mereka ketemu Max, anggota parlemen yang anti sama kesetaraan hak antara pria dan wanita. Meskipun begitu, hubungan Max sama Constance jadi deket meskipun hanya sebatas hubungan fisik hahaha (you know lah. Berantem terus tapi akhirnya ya balik2 juga.

gw baru nyadar kalo baca buku ini du
Shelly
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5. This book moved a little slow for me. It didn't help that I really didn't care for either of the main characters. They both were hypocrites. Here's hoping the next book in the series will be better.
Mahareni Sukadi
Belum 100 halaman udah nyerah euy! Ternyata critanya emank gak menarik kayak sinopsisnya. Yeaaaahhh...ato mungkin daku yg gak berselera ama HR yg ada politik2nya ato emansipasi wanita, dan lain lain, dan lain lain.

Kok malah bagusan Widow's Kiss ya daripada buku ini?
EB
Apr 10, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't even think I hated this book, I just didn't fucking care. Neither party is particularly likable or loathsome. But it's the most ill-conceived and poorly thoughtout coupling I've read in a while. Not to mention there's zero spark between them.

Megan
First of all, there is no bachelor list in this book. There is a brief line in which one of Constance's sister suggests they compile a list of bachelors to help with their matchmaking business, which they don't start until almost halfway through the book, and which is all but completely tangential to the actual romance plot, but they never make such a list. The bachelor list is a lie.

Unfortunately, that sums up a lot of The Bachelor List . Duncan sisters Constance, Prudence, and Chastity are ta
Nancy Brooks
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having accidentally read #2 in the series, I was a bit out of order. I'd already developed a fondness for the Duncan sisters, especially Prudence, the heroine of #2. This is Constance's story. She is the older Duncan sister whose fiance had died in battle. She is a suffragette like their late mother. Her romance with Max, a member of Parliament with opposite views, is interesting, but not as compelling as Prudence's story. I look forward to reading #3, Chastity's story soon.
My biggest question
Nikola
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5/5*
Amanda
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the addition of suffragettes to the plots, and the heroine (and her sisters) with non-traditional views for their time.
Kat
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, romance

This one doesn't quite get a three, not because it was badly written, but because the romance honestly felt rather stale. The Duncan sisters, Constance, Prudence, and Chastity, are lovely characters and I had a good time watching them as they promoted women's rights and arranged more satisfactory marriages among their acquaintances. But the romance between Constance and Max Ensor felt like digressions from the main plot, and quite frankly I did not find Max very interesting or engaging.
Meliana
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ketiga kakak beradik Duncan harus memutar otak dan mengatur keperluan rumah tangga keluarga mereka diambang kemiskinan tanpa sepengatahuan ayah mereka yang menjadi depresi karena kematian ibu mereka. Constance Duncan putri tertua sekaranglah yang bertanggung jawab akan kelangsungan keluarga mereka dan bersama kedua adiknya, Constance meneruskan apa yang sudah ibunya mulai, yaitu surat kabar The Mayfair Lady. Surat kabar yang beredar dan ditentang banyak kalangan atas itu tidak hanya berisi gosip ...more
Nightwitch
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-20th-cen
Every time I read this book I feel like I ought to love it, but I don't. The setting is fantastic - it's set in the Edwardian era and the author does a good job of breathing life into the period. The heroines eat at Lyon's Coffee House, take trains to the country house, and worry over their father's desire for a motor car; they wear their hair in those poofy Gibson Girl hairdos and hang out with suffragettes. It doesn't feel like a repurposed regency - it definitely has a setting, and the author ...more
Elle
A new trilogy dealing with three bluestocking, suffragist sisters.

Setting: Edwardian England.

Heroine: Constance (Con) Duncan, the eldest of three sisters. Their mother was an intellectually independent woman, who died some years ago. Shortly after, their father began blowing the family's money, and he's just not willing to face facts. So while he's merrily spending away, the three sisters are at wit's end trying to find ways to recoup the losses. One thing they have going is a newspaper that t
Oky Septya
Awalnya aku pikir buku ini jenis HisRom yang tumben nggak mengangkat kisah bangsawan. Lihat aja Tokohnya: Max Ensor, seorang politisi. Constance Duncan, seorang feminis yang menerbitkan surat kabar untuk memperjuangkan hak-hak wanita.

Tapi rupanya mereka memang bangsawan kok. Cuma bukan bangsawan kelas atas dengan gelar mentereng macam Duke, Marquiss, Viscount, dst.

Tokohnya lebih ke bangsawan biasa dan keluarga terhormat soalnya jarang disebut embel2 lord/lady dan gelar lainnya. Si Ensor gelarny
Amanda Sheila
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
Lumayan bagus, sedikit membingungkan tapi menyenangkan.

Constance setengah mati membela hak-hak wanita. Meskipun itu artinya dia harus membuat koran ilegal yang mengecam pemerintah dan mengancam nama baik keluarganya. Dan niatnya itu semakin menggebu saat dia bertemu Max, seorang politisi yang enggan mendukung hak-hak wanita. Malah, Max berniat mempengaruhi Con agar berhenti membuat koran dan menjadi wanita pada umumnya. Tanpa Max sadari, Con berniat untuk merayunya agar memberikan suara..

Sudah
Lin Stepp
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in a series about the Duncan sisters - this one featuring Constance Duncan. The sisters' mother, a remarkable blue-stocking and very intelligent woman, has died ... and the three sisters find themselves struggling to make ends meet, as their father handles finances in a very poor way. Scrambling for money, the sisters write a newspaper, The Mayfair Lady, get involved in a matchmaking service, dabble in politics, and support the rising women's movement of the time. In areas ...more
Megzy
May 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: victorian-era
I truly loved this book. Constance is a strong-minded feminist, and Max is pretty realistic for a traditional Parliamentarian of his era: the early 1900s. The three sisters are suffragists, and after the passing of their mother are keeping their family finances in order by publishing Mayfair Lady anonymously. The Mayfair Lady is a newsletter originally published and offered for free by their mother about the suffragist movement. The sisters have included an advise column and society gossip to in ...more
Tressa
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Initially, The Bachelor List had a shaky start for me, but the characters, Constance, Prudence, and Chastity, started to bloom within the first ten or so pages. The book is set in one of my favorite time periods, but I’ve usually only read stories set in the United States so this was a delight. As the story developed, Con, Prue, Chas, Max, and the others became well-rounded, interesting, and distinct characters.

I loved the bond between Con and her sisters as well as that they were all suffragis
Gail
Nov 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
: The first in a new, late Victorian trilogy. Three sisters, raised by their suffragette-type mother, are trying to keep body and soul together and keep their father, who is some sort of nobility, but I can’t find out what, from discovering just how nearly impoverished they are. They make their money by publishing a gossip sheet for money, and by running a “go-between” matchmaking service. The eldest attracts the attention of a Member of Parliament and they have a rather stormy courtship. Good r ...more
Tantri Setyorini
Nah, yang ini meskipun HR british, sama seperti seratusan HR lain yang aku baca, tapi settingnya agak beda. Nggak tahu setting-nya tahun berapa tapi di sini sudah mulai marak gerakan yang mendukung emansipasi wanita dalam politik. Sudah ada mobil dan anggota House of Lords nggak didominasi bangsawan lagi. Mungkin ini termasuk steampunk kali ya. Critanya bagus sih. Aku suka perdebatan intelektual antara Constance dan Max (yang selalu ada setiap mereka bertemu), tapi HR tanpa virgin heroine kok ra ...more
Fanny Roswita Ria
Con, seorang debutan yang sudah cukup diambang garis umur pernikahan, memiliki karakter yang berkemauan keras, feminimisme, pandai melobi orang dan sayang kepada adik-adiknya.

karakter Con berbeda dari tokoh-tokoh wanita yang sering gw baca. menurut gw terlalu luas pemikiran Con sebagai wanita, dimana mengorbankan keperawanannya karena berpikir tidak akan menikah. Aneh tapi mungkin banyak yang seperti itu.

Lucu pertengkaran Max dan Con ketika pemikiran mereka berbeda antara 1 hal
Naira
Feb 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-novels
Different time period, women's rights movement. Definitely an interesting, yet good choice. Constance was an intriquing character, but I still hoped to see more. Not as funny as to be expected based on the title. The romantic development is slow, but that's not a disadvantage. Finally, no love at first sight. That tends to get exasperating after a while.
Kay
The first in a series featuring three strong minded women trying to keep the family finances together. Set in 1906 in London, the story is fast moving and makes for a very entertaining read. I look forward to reading more by this author.
Rebecca Huston
First and best of the series, with some unusual elements not found in most HR's. Heroine is not a virgin, late Victorian setting, and some real maturity among the characters.

For the complete review, please go here:
Barbara Woodford
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like reading a series and this was certainly worth continuing the series. The two characters who seemed like oil and water were interesting to watch. It was also satisfying to see the father finally realize his financial situation. His daughters were very loyal and devoted to their father.
  • A Visit From Sir Nicholas (Effingtons, #9)
  • Almost a Princess (Men from Special Branch, #4)
  • The Charmer (Liar's Club #4)
  • My Fair Temptress (Governess Brides, #8)
  • Libertine's Kiss (Rakes and Rogues of the Restoration, #1)
  • Impetuous Innocent (Regencies #3)
  • Surrender to a Scoundrel (American Heiresses, #6)
  • The Wife Test (Brides of Virtue, 1)
  • Undone
  • One Little Sin (MacLachlan Family, #2)
  • The Damsel (The Bride Quest Book 2)
  • An Independent Woman (Women and Men, #1)
  • Late for the Wedding (Lake/March, # 3)
  • A Hint of Wicked (James Family, #1)
Jane Robotham was born on 1945 in Cairo, Egypt, where her British parents were stationated. She grew up in New Forest, in the south of England. She earned a Master’s Degree in Applied Social Studies from Oxford University. In 1978, she, her husband and their three children moved to New Jersey. There, she worked as a social worker. She began writing in 1981 after another move, this time to Washingt ...more
More about Jane Feather

Matchmaker Duncan Sisters (3 books)
  • The Bride Hunt (Matchmaker Duncan Sisters, #2)
  • The Wedding Game (Matchmaker Duncan Sisters, #3)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
  • In The Flesh
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)