Start by marking “Five Fall Into Adventure (Famous Five, #9)” as Want to Read:
Five Fall Into Adventure (Famous Five, #9)

Five Fall Into Adventure

(The Famous Five #9)

Julian, Dick and Anne are really worried - George and her devoted Timmy have just disappeared! Not only that, somebody has broken into Kirrin Cottage. Could there be a connection? The Famous Five think so, but it's going to be tough getting to the bottom of this mystery when there's only three of them . . . About The Author: Enid Blyton, 1896 - November 28, 1959 Enid Blyto ...more
Published 2001 by Hodder Children's Books (first published 1949)

To ask other readers questions about Five Fall Into Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Fall Into Adventure

Mark Lawrence
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
So this one yet again revolves around "bad men" after Uncle Quentin's marvelous inventions.

We see again the repeated theme of a dirty gypsy child (or sometimes just a child of the serving classes) in need of betterment being befriended and ultimately parted from their criminal lone parent/guardian. This one happens to look exactly like George ... clearly this will come in useful later.

First papers are stolen, then Timmy is drugged and George is kidnapped in circumstances that mean the others do
Shirley Revill
Another book from my childhood that is also loved by my children and grandchildren.
Enid Blyton was my absolute favourite author when I was a child and she still is today.
I was reading a bit of the information on this book about Enid Blyton and apparently she was going to be a musician but changed her mind and became an author.
I'm sure Enid Blyton would have been successfull in whatever choice she made in her chosen path but I'm so very glad she became an author.
Kelly-Marie
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
5 🌟 love the characters that get added to the adventures. Jo was amazing in this one.
Paul E. Morph
Feb 12, 2016 rated it liked it
This instalment of the Famous Five series (number nine if you're counting) is pretty high on the thrills-and-spills-meter, what with its international espionage, multiple kidnappings and cliffhanger chapter endings.

The reason for my only giving it three stars are twofold:

1. Due to being abducted pretty early on in the story, (view spoiler) are absent for most of this book. I wasn't over keen on this as they are my favourite characters! I appreciate that Blyton re
Ula \\thelostlibrary\\
I loved reading these when I was younger and I just found my old audiobooks, so I thought it would be nice to listen to. It was quite nostalgic, I remember why I loved them so much.
Needless to say, they are timeless children's classics and I still enjoy them very much.
Nadja
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hörspiel, time-2018
Bisher die schwächste Folge der Hörspielfolgen. Die Entführung von Georgie ist mir eine Spur zu dramatisch und ein Helikopter zur damaliger Zeit? Die Zigeunerstereotypen machen es auch nicht besser.. [16.08.2018]
Shauna
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Five are in a lot of trouble. Someone has broken into Kirrin Cottage in an attempt to steal Uncle Quentin's valuable scientific papers and George and Timmy have been kidnapped. Jo, the ragamuffin gypsy girl ( I note this has now been changed to 'traveller' in the newer copy I read this time around!)makes her first appearance in the series and shows how plucky and resourceful she can be. Thankfully all is resolved in the end and The Five (and Jo) can get back to eating their way through the r ...more
L.H. Johnson
There's a little part in this where Julian, after detailing the current predicament that the Famous Five have gotten themselves into, remarks, "...This is all very stupid and melodramatic" and it's kind of the highlight of the entire book for me. It's a breaking of the fourth wall, a moment where Blyton throws all of her stubborn fire at the critics and goes 'well, yes, it is kind of melodramatic but it's what happened and besides I'm writing this and not you' and I love it. The Famous Five are ...more
T
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite Enid Blyton books being one fo the very first I have read. It was way back in 1989 my parents gifted this books to me for my Birthday when I was in hospital. Really loved this book. Reading it again it brought back the pleasent memories evoked the first time I read it. So probably this is my favorite in the entire Famous Five series - the series itself being one of my least favorite.
Kirsti
Nov 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I've been in an Enid Blyton reading mood all day, so I decided to go with this one again 'Five fall into adventure". I've always thought this book was a little darker than some of the others, from Jo's blatant child abuse at the hands of her father and his friends, to George's kidnapping and the doping of Timmy. The adventures aren't as light hearted as the ones before it, but that doesn't keep me from enjoying it.

A bright spark is Jo herself; she's a plucky but downtrodden version of George. Sh
Karina
"Anak itu memang aneh. Tapi hatinya baik, benar-benar anak yang budiman."

Petualangan kesembilan Lima Sekawan!

Di liburan kali ini giliran George dan Timmy diculik segerombolan penjahat yang mau mencuri dokumen paman Quentin! Julian, Dick dan Anne bingung dan sangat khawatir dengan keselamatan saudara sepupu mereka. Belum lagi ada ank jahil nan liar yang selalu merepotlan mereka. Waduh!

Yay, saya suka buku ini karena Dick mendapat peran yang penting disini. Kebetulan selain George dan Timmy, Dick k
Sophie Crane
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a good book so well thought out enjoyed it thoroughly and do glad I found it really way to spend your time would recommend it to everyone who loves adventure novels, Also try the whole series you will be holding BRILLIANCE IN YOUR HANDS.
Ivana M.
Kao maloj Pet prijatelja su mi bili za pet sa zvezdicom. Serijal mog detinjstva. Mislim, kakve pustolovine, kakva hrana! Danas su mi, međutim, tako nekako meh... Sve vidim, i što treba i što ne treba (formulne zaplete, rodnu, klasnu problematiku). I ne mogu a da se ne upitam koliko godina ta deca imaju? Avanture doživljavaju za vreme praznika, knjiga u serijalu ima oko petnaestak, možda i više... Oni kao da se iz knjige u knjigu pripremaju za veliki svet, svet odraslih u koji ipak nikako ne odla ...more
Nina
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this story they introduce "ragamuffin Jo" who I think is simply wonderful. The way she comes to trust the famous five, her pure admiration for Dick for simply treating her kindly and her amazing confidence is delightful.
The plot consists of the typical mad criminal and secret passageways. I felt that due to the intensity of George missing and Timmy being drugged as well as Julian feeling so helpless, the plot did feel a bit darker than the previous ones. Overall, it is one of the best adventu
Dave Johnston
Ragamuffin Jo was a beautiful character
Monish
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book because I love adventure books. I like all of them Julian,Dick,George,Anne and Timmy the dog.
Gurnam Sodhi
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wish I had read all these adventures when I was a kid. I still find these marvelous and intriguing to the max.
Angela
I absolutely adored these stories as a kid. I'm so glad they continue to be reprinted for current generations to enjoy!
Erta Lin
Berbeda dengan liburan sebelumnya, Lima Sekawan tidak melakukan perjalanan (baca: petualangan). Mereka tetap tinggal di Pondok Kirrin karena Paman Quentin dan Bibi Fanny memutuskan untuk berlibur ke Spanyol, mengistirahatkan Paman dari segala pekerjaannya selama ini.
Julian, Dick, Anne, George, dan Timmy berencana untuk berenang di pantai setiap hari. Suatu hari, mereka bertemu dengan Jo, gelandangan yang duduk di lubang yang dibuat oleh George. Pertengkaran pun terjadi. Jo dan George tidak akur
Sunshine
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Rebecca
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
This was one of the first FF books I ever read so I've read it a fair few times; every time, I feel annoyed that these kids don't go to the police even when George is kidnapped. Instead, they jolly off pretending to be paperboys and go walking around woods they don't know, sailing up the coast to remote locations, and come out unscathed!

Anyway - that aside, this feels more fleshed out than the previous; more action, more drama, more grown up happenings....but, don't fear, we still have the magi
Nicola
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, children
"The five meet up at Kirrin Station and find Aunt Fanny and Uncle Quentin are going to Spain on holiday leaving the five at home with their maid, Joanna. On the beach they meet a gypsy girl called Jo. After the house gets burgled, George gets kidnapped and Jo comes with a card telling them to leave some documents to exchange for George...."

I absolutely adored Famous Five as a child. I trawled through secondhand stores and slowly acquired all of them. For some reason in my childhood, there were l
Damien Evans
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Well it's probably 25 years or so since I last read a Famous Five. I was curious to see how it would go now I'm an adult. I loved these books as a kid! As an adult, I guess it was ok. Familiar friends doing exactly what I expected. I can't believe how much food features in the book! Every time something happens and the five get half a chance, they are tucking into hearty helpings of whatever's available and it always tastes delicious.
Meanwhile Timmy is still eating up ice creams in one mouthful
Neja
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-childhood
These books (Famous five) are hands down one of my favorite books from my childhood. All those adventures and mystery …and those sandwiches they always packed! aww, just the best! I would love to read one of these again. To bring back those memories..memories of first experiences with reading books.
sparrowcrazy
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For some reason this was one of my favorite ones so far. Not sure why the series has to have two kidnappings in a row but it's ok.

Joe was a nice addition and I like that she got more of a closure ending than in the 1997 series.
Vicky Ball
I don't like this story at all. Too much violence and child abuse.....
Shloka
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book 😁

I really like the book
It a great book full of adventures
I like all your books thank you much
Monika Sembiring
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It feels nostalgic to reread the story that I used to read in my childhood
Richa
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good fast paced story. Though, Jo, a new character seems to be the hero in this book. The famous five are pretty helpless here.
Rhian Ball
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I chose this rating because it was a very adventurous book and I like adventurous books
It was very interesting and I would highly recommend it
  • Di Gua Kelelawar (Lima Sekawan)
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's
  • The Secret of Skeleton Island (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #6)
  • A Rebel at the Chalet School
  • The Secret of the Crooked Cat (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #13)
  • Uma Aventura no Deserto
  • The Mystery of Monster Mountain (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #20)
  • The Mystery of the Nervous Lion (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #16)
Enid Mary Blyton (1897 - 1968) was an English author of children's books.

Born in South London, Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 192

The Famous Five (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Five Go to Smuggler's Top (Famous Five, #4)
  • Five Go Off in a Caravan
  • Five on Kirrin Island Again (Famous Five, #6)
  • Five Go Off to Camp (Famous Five, #7)
  • Five Get Into Trouble (Famous Five, #8)
  • Five on a Hike Together (Famous Five, #10)
  • Five Have a Wonderful Time (Famous Five, #11)