Start by marking “The Weight of It All” as Want to Read:
The Weight of It All

The Weight of It All

(The Weight of It All #1)

After being dumped by his long-term boyfriend for being overweight, Henry Beckett decides to make some drastic changes. In a vain attempt at getting his boyfriend back, Henry does the most absurdly frightening thing he can think of.

He joins a gym.

Reed Henske is a personal trainer who isn’t sure he’ll ever be ready to date again. He’s sick of guys wh
Published September 12th 2016 by BlueHeart Press

To ask other readers questions about The Weight of It All, please sign up.
Quartknee I have friends that look like Reed. They too were fat growing up and work out like crazy to never get back to that state. One is a muscle mary who…moreI have friends that look like Reed. They too were fat growing up and work out like crazy to never get back to that state. One is a muscle mary who only wants to date guys like himself and the other friend is more like Reed and dates a variety of differently shaped men. Because of my experience, I found the romance believable but I also got really frustrated with Henry and never really found him all that funny or charming. The whole, "I'm gonna die" thing and felt like a thin veneer over his own shallow and vapid view of life and it wore thin with me rather quickly. In that regard, I couldn't understand why anyone, especially Reed would even be interested in a sad sack like Henry. I thought it was an interesting premise so I continued reading. Much later we get Reed's story which wasn't in any way surprising, but it would have made Reed's attraction more plausible had it come earlier. In my experience people who are so fixated on 'perfection' as Henry is, tend to be much harder on themselves and more critical, wound tight or depressed. Henry as a flower that has yet to bloom is a nice idea but as presented here, that was the unbelievable part for me.(less)

Start your review of The Weight of It All
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I am a fan of stories about imperfect MCs, and my heart went out to Henry, whose boyfriend of eight years left him, claiming Henry was old (at heart) and fat (250 pounds at 5’10”, which qualifies as obese).

Henry decides to lose weight to get his boyfriend (the One Who Shall Not Be Named) back. He is really whiny and negative when he first begins his workout regime. He complains about EVERYTHING and constantly makes self-deprecating jokes. He puts himself down before others can.

Honestly, bitchi
Gigi
It's Friday night and I'm super crabby that I had to miss GRL2016. AND I have to work all weekend too. FML.

BUT, I just finished N.R. Walker's newest piece of perfection and lets just keep this review nice and simple, umkay?

~Mindy Lynn~
Once again I found a book that held my attention from beginning to end. I absolutely loved this story and adored the MC and his Thor, Reed.
I like it more and more that authors are putting out books with imperfect characters. Not only is easier for us readers to relate to them, it’s more realistic.
Henry has recently been dumped by his asshole of a boyfriend who claimed Henry as being old and overweight. Of course Henry is heartbroken and took the overweight jab to heart. So in a decision to win
Dia
5 stars full of laughter
This sweet story went directly to my heart and warmed my soul!
It's my first book by this author and what a discovery this was!!

Henry was such a hilarious character: his whining, his "no filter" conversations made me laugh so hard! It was exactly what I needed right now.

Reed: he was beautiful and smart and funny, had a huge heart and was so sweet - too good to be true! Well he was beautiful on the outside, but on the inside too and that is the most wonderful thing in this book.
BWT (Belen)
ETA for Audio

Light-hearted story about a man getting his groove back after the end of an eight year relationship.

Joel Leslie shines in his performance. The character voices are great, his timing with the humor is spot on, and the pacing was perfect. 5 Stars for the narration!!

Henry's humorous outlook and how easily and completely he and Reed fit together make this a very sweet romance.

Low angst, humorous romance with a sigh-inducing HEA.

Meep
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK, seriously, I want to grab sparkly pens, write it's name with floating hearts, then write it some horrendous emo poety and plan for future little booklets. Thankfully I'll settle for writing a review-type-thingy here. With gifs.

This book came at the right time for me, that likely has a big effect on my opinion. I'm on the diet and learning to like
Fabi
It never fails to amaze me the absolute gems I find sitting in my tbr list. Books that for some crazy ass reason I haven't made time for.

The M/M Romance group March Mini Monthly Gang Bang challenge brought this gem to the top of my tbr. Thank you Saturnine for picking this wonderful book for me to read this month.

I have choked, coughed, snorted and cried in an effort to not laugh out loud while reading this book. It was all in vain, the laughter peeled out of my lungs and belly li
Martin
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a feel-good story!

description

I absolutely loved following Henry's path from being an unhappy recently single gay man with a weight problem to becoming a confident man who is happy with his place in life and whose kind character and humor even has his hot personal trainer from the gym he's frequenting after his break-up fall for him.

What a feel-good story!

description

Hot gym rat Reed is almost too good to be true. I didn't find a single flaw about him, which might literally be the only weakness in this story. Everything else was pure heaven and a great reminder that *we* are in charge of our lives and can make a change if we only want it enough.
Sure, we don't have a hot personal trainer like Reed, who gets REALLY personal with us, but still...
Amazing characters, amazing story.

And even though she only got a very small role in the story, I absolutely loved Henry's mom who keeps frequenting Nespresso shops in hopes that George Clooney himself would show up - because, well, that's what the ads imply, right? Adorable ;-)

5 feel-good stars!
Renée
4.5 stars!

I really adored this book. I'm always a Walker fan, but there's something to be said when any author writes an MC whom you, personally, can relate to. And I related to Henry all over the place.

Henry's partner of 8 years ups and leaves him with a nice parting shot about how he's gotten fat. Douchebag. Henry takes a good look at himself in the mirror (and later the scale) and realized that he does want to lose some weight and be healthier. Enter Reed - the ripped, smokin'
Denise H.
*** Witty, relevant and entertaining ! *** This is an amazing story ! It is so worthwhile and eye-opening.
I loved it ! In Australia, Henry, 30ish, a successful Financial Actuary

is depressed and dejected because he's been dumped by his partner of 8 years. In his despair, he realizes he must find the courage to pull himself up and move on.
Reed, a fitness trainer, is his salvation,
(Cris Hemsworth look-alike)

because he truly understands Henry; he's patient, and helps him.
Henry's journey to healthy living is f
Bev
4.5 stars for this read, which put a huge smile on my face throughout. Didn't much care for Henry's whinging when he started the gym, but who doesn't whine when they first start exercising after years of being a couch potato?? I loved Henry's filter-less mouth [which wasn't malicious...mostly 😉], and the ability he had to make his personal trainer Reed smile even when Reed and especially Henry didn't really feel like it. Loved all the secondary characters too, especially Henry's bestie Anika and ...more
Sophia Triad
So the solution in order to get fit is to find a nice, gorgeous personal trainer
... who likes texting me and calling me to ask me how I feel any time of the day and night, because he is worried about me
….while I whine and KEEP TALKING AND TALKING about the cruelty of life.

Eh… sorry it will never happen, mainly because my husband is a bit aggressive.

So I guess I am doomed. There is no way I will go back to the gym and use all the torture devices without somebod
Jaela
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This has been the best book by NR Walker so far. Absolutely wonderful! Flawless! Total win!

I loved both Henry and Reed. I loved how real Henry was. I loved how Reed helped him rebuild his confidence and not only. Their slow-burn relationship was the best thing that could have happened.

There isn't a single thing I didn't like about this book. It was so so Funny. I laughed so much at what Henry said all the time. He really is a drama queen. His character was amazing. Reed i
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.75 Stars!

This is probably one of my more likable NR Walker reads. Travis and Charlie still remain my favorite couple, but this was a good read.

I liked the humor. A lot.

But Henry was almost too much. Almost. His lack of self-esteem and constant negative thoughts and comments hovered right there on the edge of being annoying. But I get it. I get why he was like that.

Reed was a great character. Almost too great. He was pretty perfect. I would have liked his POV at times.

I loved Henry and R
Nazanin
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is so far my favorite N. R. Walker's book. The romance is a slow burn and the message behind the story was well delivered. It never felt cheesy. Henry also made me laugh out loud quite a few times. *sigh* such a good comfort read!
Meags
4 Stars

I truly enjoyed this story. Although, I must admit, I was a bit apprehensive going in. I've always struggled with my own weight issues and I don't particularly find it a fun topic to read about in my books, but I appreciated the way Walker handled this particular story. For me, this was primarily about self-acceptance and the importance of being your own personal best - screw what anyone else thinks! These are two mentalities I can definitely get on board with.

I adored Henry to piece
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars!

Truly a really, really enjoyable read. I would not be surprised to hear just how many people connected with this. I seriously think Henry is my long lost kindred spirit because I could so relate to every one of his snarky comments towards all things exercise and good health.

So, per the blurb, Henry gets a brutal wake up call and is determined to make some changes. Little does he know what’s in store for him as he is mercilessly tortured by his new trainer Reed. Reed howeve
Nicola
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was one of those little treats that you discover when your Bookbub daily offers email lands in your inbox. A feel good journey of making changes in you life for you and no one else and finding love along the way, it was worth every penny.

"You’re the Disney prince, and I’m Shrek."

It didn't hold any particular surprises, but that mattered not, as it's easy-read, humorous, heartfelt and has two fabulous relatable men who complement each other in the best possible ways, making you smile as they discover tpenny.
Lost in a Book
4.5 Stars

Ok, Why did I wait SOOOOO long to “read” this? I adored The Weight of It All and the narration by Joel Leslie is everything needed to bring Henry and Reed to life. I’m not sure I can go any further without mentioning the epic Harry Potter references. AND. ANDDDDDD, Joel Leslie’s impressions while doing them is on point. *happy dance*

Now, where was I? Oh yes, the story.

Henry- gets dumped by his ex for aging and looking like he’s aging. He's desperate to get his ex life back and heads to the gym where he meets Reed.

Reed- large, muscular, abs
Ky

"The Weight Of It All" is one of the most motivational books I've ever read! If you want to start working out, but you keep postponing it, pick up this story and by the middle of it you will find yourself running along with the MCs.

There's no preaching about how good exercising can be or what an amazing body it helps you develop, and that's the best part. The positive effects it has on everyday life are simply part of the story, subtly there but not in a lecture kind of way. The MC who/>"The
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***5 Stars***

"...we do belong together. Because you get me, and I can talk to you and be with you like it's the easiest thing in the world."

I LOVED THE CRAP OUTTA THIS BOOK!!!

Image result for in love gif

I'm so mad at myself for letting it sit on my kindle for so long. I don't know why I always passed it by when I was looking for something to read. N.R. Walker is one of my favorite authors, and I'm so disappointed in myself.

I read this thing in practially one sitting!!

This book had it all...humor, heart, relatability and all thoseStars***
~Kristin~
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
It is no surprise I adored this book, Ms. Walker is one of my favorite writers for a reason. This book was wonderful, I find stories with less than perfect MCs so inspiring, in many books we find such unrealistic "perfect" characters, but here they felt like real people who were searching for personal growth. Having a perfect body and a better body image wasn't where Henry found happiness, but he did find that he was much happier when he worked on himself, for himself. I loved the sinceri
Ula'ndi Hart
Second time around and still a feel good favorite. ;-)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall book rating: 4.5!! - First Read 28 May 2017
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 3

This was brilliant! NR Walker, you made my weekend with this little gem.

Sweet
FUNNY
Great characters
Great side characters
So very entertaining and it felt real

Loved it
*TANYA*
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What!?!! I have NEVER laughed so much with a book before. Ever!! (Funny like a Sophie Kinsella, Tessa Dare, Sally Thorne, or Mathew Quick book. ) So well written, super funny, very witty and heart wrenching at times. I could so relate to Henry’s weight struggles. A very good read indeed.
.Lili.
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
 photo image.jpg1_zpsm4njknvo.jpg

The Weight Of It All by N.R. Walker is a delightful, feel good story. It's a simple story about a man who suddenly finds himself alone and overweight. After taking a hard look at himself, he decides to make some changes in his life. He starts working out with a trainer and eating healthier. Reed, his trainer, is kind, encouraging, and patient and their friendship takes a natural progression.

My highlights:

-Reed & Henry. I just loved them. At first glance this would seem like opposites attract story except it's no
Catherine
*** 3.5 Stars ***

This story had humour, and heart, and a chubby MC that I could completely relate to (even when he was whinging about working out. Okay, especially when he was whinging about working out!). But as much as I liked the story premise, the writing style, and the characters, I felt as if it was missing that indefinable quality that has made so many of Walker's other books (especially RDH) such standouts for me.

That epilogue was everything, though.
I~❤️~Books
5 AMAZING Funny Stars

I loved this book!
I smiled the whole time I read the book. Harry, I love him so much,''He crack me up''. He was so funny, and  Reed so sweet.

ada-adam-adamlevine-adorable-favim-com-989775

Harry's boyfriend leaves him, after eight years together, saying that Harry is fat and old. After that, he decides to lose weight and live more healthy to get his boyfriend back. He joins a gym where he met Reed, who will be his personal trainer.

Related image

These two begin a beautiful friendship based on trust and honesty and over time it w
Susan
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, comfort-reads
This was funny and just adorable.

35 year old Henry has just been left by his boyfriend of 8 years. The last thing he told Henry was that he was old and fat. Henry is indeed overweight, and he feels old, even though he’s 35.

So Henry decides to change his life. He goes to the gym to try to perhaps lose some weight. It is there he meets personal trainer, Reed. These men hit it off immediately, but Henry is not sure what a gorgeous man like Reed would ever see in someone like
Line
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is going STRAIGHT (heh) to my low-angst-high-cozyness-shelf.
Such a fun, nice, chill romance.

So Henry has been dumped by his partner of 8 years, the parting words threw Henry for a spin, until he decided to DO something. Off to a gym he goes, where his personal trainer is Reed.
They start up a friendship, and slowly but surely Henry is changing his outlook on himself, as well as on his life.
Reed was a sweetheart, BUT I sometimes got the sense that he did not want to be more than friends with Henry. I can't put my finger on it, but it took some of t
Ele
Sep 17, 2016 rated it liked it
*3.5 stars*

I felt that first and foremost, this story was about Henry's journey to self-acceptance, and his effort to reach his full potential, and be the best he can be. I loved that part of the story.

The romance part didn't do much for me, I'm afraid. Henry was too much or maybe that's how he looked like compared to Reed who was bland and just too perfect. Obviously, his character had some depth, but without his POV I didn't manage to see it. I didn't feel any particular chemistry or co
The Backlot Gay B...: The Weight of it All, by N.R. Walker 1 14 Mar 19, 2017 05:41AM

• Christmas Kitsch
  • Tell Me It's Real (At First Sight, #1)
  • Not a Game (Friends, #1)
  • Loving Jay (Loving You, #1)
  • Unwrapping Hank (Unwrapping Hank, #1)
  • Beauty and the Bookworm (Beauty and the Bookworm #1)
  • Latakia
  • Bowl Full of Cherries (Avona Tales, #1)
  • Adulting 101
  • Life in Fusion (Summit City, #2)
  • The Last Thing He Needs (The Last Thing He Needs, #1)
  • What Remains
  • Ethan, Who Loved Carter
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but like

The Weight of It All (2 books)
  • A Very Henry Christmas (The Weight of It All #1.5)
“I stared at her. “Is that another compliment? Because we’ve just been through that.” She walked to her desk. “You mispronounced thank you.” 5 likes
“I won’t change that much,” I replied. “Because believe me, when this pasta comes out, I’m gonna suck those carbs down like a blowjob.” 5 likes