Start by marking “Vegan 101: A Vegan Cookbook: Learn to Cook Plant-Based Meals that Satisfy Everyone” as Want to Read:

POP QUIZ! Cooking healthy vegan meals at home is complicated and expensive. True or False?

False! You can eat—and love—vegan food at home no matter your skill level or the diet you regularly follow. Culinary instructors extraordinaire Jenny Engel and Heather Bell, owners of beloved vegan cooking school Spork Foods, have helped thousands of students incorporate more plan

Kindle Edition
Published September 13th 2016 by Sonoma Press

To ask other readers questions about Vegan 101, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegan 101

Start your review of Vegan 101: A Vegan Cookbook: Learn to Cook Plant-Based Meals that Satisfy Everyone
Lynne
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'll never be finished with this book because it's such an amazing resource and inspiration for vegan foods. I love the carrot bacon and tofu feta. Two ingredients you sometimes think about when following a vegan eating plan. Because of this and more, it's a great cookbook!
Tytymytyaes
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
My first vegan cookbook

I'm very new to the vegan lifestyle and this definitely offers a versatile way of cooking veggies. I'm looking forward to trying the recipes.
Sarah Wagner
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I started off the new year thinking I'd try a vegan diet - surprise, surprise, and I didn't get very far. Still, I did cut back significantly on cheese (which has always been an issue for me), and I tried several new recipes! This cookbook was a mixed bag, although I definitely liked several of the recipes. (I can't wait to make the red bean burgers or the Thai curry again.) Other recipes just didn't come together the way I wanted or I found myself wishing for traditional diary ingredients to gi ...more
Mary Miller
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Better Than Expected

I almost didn't read through this book after seeing the author's extensive use of foods I don't care for -- like tofu, tempeh and seitan -- but I decided to give it a chance. I'm glad that I did as I found many recipes that I want to try. I especially interested in the many recipes that offer me delicious non-dairy options.
Kara Prem
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Decent information and recipes, many of them used ingredients that I do not typically use - this isn't bad, it just means that they were a bit more work since I needed to find these ingredients. I have found a few recipes that I will use over and over.
Angela
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been vegan for a long time but this book had new and easy recipes. I’m very excited to make these meals for my family!
Inez
Some pretty great recipes.
I would have given it 4 stars if there were more photos. I need photos!
Hoover Library Nonfiction
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking, vegan
From novice to experienced, this recipe book is a good guideline for Vegan and Vegetarian cooking alike. The recipes contain items and materials that are easy to obtain and the instructions are clear.
Janice Hart
Aug 15, 2018
Lesley Looper
Apr 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, cooking, non-fiction
I bought this cookbook for my Kindle, knowing I'm not very good (yet) about referring back to cookbooks on my Kindle. That being said, there were some nice looking recipes in this one. I'm not vegan, but I could stand more vegetables and less cheese in my life. I was inspired to add a bag a lentils to my grocery list.
Sherry Denning
Oct 13, 2018
Rob
Mar 03, 2017
Stacy M
rated it did not like it
May 06, 2018
Marilea
Jan 16, 2017
F.P.
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I haven't tried many of the recipes, but because I can't stop eating--and my husband can't stop asking for--the CLT sandwiches (carrots, lettuce and tomato), I must give this a YUMMY 5 stars.
john lightbody
Feb 17, 2018
Vegan 101 1 1 Oct 24, 2017 01:57PM

• The 150 Healthiest Slow Cooker Recipes on Earth: The Surprising Unbiased Truth About How to Make Nutritious and Delicious Meals that are Ready When You Are
  • Power Juices, Super Drinks: Quick, Delicious Recipes to Prevent & Reverse Disease
  • Paperback Crush: The Totally Radical History of '80s and '90s Teen Fiction
  • Raw Food Made Easy: For 1 or 2 People
  • Superfoods for Dummies
  • The Cases That Haunt Us
  • The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, Revised Edition
  • Skeleton Man
  • This Is Why You're Fat (And How to Get Thin Forever): Eat More, Cheat More, Lose More--and Keep the Weight Off
  • Lesson Plans: The Hate U Give
  • The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, and Long-term Health
  • Vegan Cookbook: 200 Healthy & Delicious Recipes For The Beginner Vegan
  • The China Study Cookbook: The Official Companion to the China Study (Over 120 Whole Food, Plant-Based Recipes)
  • The X-Files Classics, Volume 1
  • Sleeping Murder / The Murder At The Vicarage
  • The X-Files: Stolen Lives (X-Files, #2)
  • 30 Days of Night / The X Files
  • No Meat Athlete: Run on Plants and Discover Your Fittest, Fastest, Happiest Self

News & Interviews