Start by marking “House of Chaos” as Want to Read:
House of Chaos

House of Chaos

Sixteen years ago, Tabri showed up in the mountains an orphaned child with the magic of the Chaotics running through her veins. She survived the bitter winter, the wrath of a yeti, and mutinied on the flying pirate ship Stallings, but then the Madnesi came.

Nell’s Furyon bloodline and elemental magic make her the perfect warrior. Perfect to revenge her sister’s death at the
Published September 13th 2016 by House of Chaos Publishing

To ask other readers questions about House of Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about House of Chaos

Start your review of House of Chaos
Desiree Shay
Aug 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Rating: 1/5
I received this E-ARC via NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I wanted to like this book so bad. The idea is wonderful, the summary sounded great. But no matter what I did, I couldn't even bring myself to finish it because it's just so bad. The writing sounds the same over and over, the characters are written in a very juvenile? way (I can't decide the best way to phrase it, but this one seems to work). I think the book is self-published, but it reads like the
Jessica Julien
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was given an ARC of this book for an honest review from NetGalley. And I will say, I'm sorry, but I am about to be brutally honest...

I want to start out by saying that the foundation and concept of this novel are outstanding. It would make a fantastic series that most YA readers could get easily absorbed into, but I had quite a few issues with it overall. There are a lot of things that could make it a complete five-star book that will fly off the shelves that the novel is severely lacking in.
Valentina Markasović
I received an e-copy of this book from NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

This is a story about a girl called Tabri, who embarks on a quest to find out who she really is, along which she finds out about a prophecy that apparently marks her as the "chosen one". On her journey, she loses her mentor/friend, but also meets all these other people that become her new family in like 3 days. You win some, you lose some.

There are 4 houses, or bloodlines, of magic wielders, and the antagonist of
Sylvia Mcgrath
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the story of Tabri, Arsan, Nell, and Ruan. Their struggle to find their bloodlines and help save their people. This an easy read book that held my interest until the end, it is sweet and full of adventure, fantasy and magic ~ It's a fun YA book
Ksandra
2.5/5 Stars

Overall, this was an interesting story. But I feel like there was so much thrown into this novel.

Here's a summary of everything that happens: a monastery gets attacked, there is a band of pirates, an evil lord trying to steal magic, he subsequently dies and goes to the underworld. The characters fight a Hellhound, find a secret place of magic wielders, battle an undead army, and kill the evil lord once again. Oh, and let's not forget that the main character, Tabri, learns to wield her
Kathryn at Book Ink Reivews
A copy of this review can also be found at Book Ink Reviews.

Whew. House of Chaos is a whirlwind of action that just does.not.stop. We start with a dash to the monastery and end with a dash to save the world. Between the start and end, Tabri is on the run. For the first time reading a book in the YA genre like this, I was shownhow there was no rest instead of just being told how tired the characters were.

Y'all, really. I was actually tired after reading this one. I wanted breaks, but there wasn't
Lotte
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
This review contains no spoilers

After reading the description of this book I thought I would really enjoy reading this, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case. The idea and storyline behind the book sounds really good but I feel like the book could have been written better.

It took me a long time to read this book because for some reason I just couldn’t get into it. I would have gotten to know the characters better but there are barely any backstories to the characters. Tabri also forms
Chelon
Aug 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: sci-fi, arc
I understand what the author was attempting to accomplish with this book, but it fell significantly short. It started well but then lost focus. Things needed to be narrowed down and time invested on a solid beginning and a lead in to the middle. Instead I felt like I was reading various stories layered on one another, with multiple middles and an end, then another end. An editor is greatly needed for reasons beyond those listed in this review. This book has potential and I hope to reread it one ...more
Marylin
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-reviewed
This author is a new author and this book is a sweet book for one of her first ones. I see promise in her writing and hope she can be successful in future books.
I enjoyed the story of Tabri, Arsan, Nell, and Ruan. Their struggle to find their bloodlines and help save their people is sweet and full of adventure.
It's a fun YA book.
Steve Breland
I’ll start with the good. I enjoyed the story in this book. The characters, I felt had a depth despite not knowing too much about their pasts. The pacing was good, I never felt like I was being bogged down with boring exposition, nor did I feel like the story was being sped along. I see inspiration coming from several places,Lord of the Rings and Hercules to name a couple. All in All the story was structured well.

Now the Bad.
Chapter 26 and 27 were the same, verbatim.
Below is a list of the
Sofiraindrop
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.*
I feel so bad giving 3 stars to this book! I blame that gorgeous cover and summary. They raised my expectations too much.
Anyway, this is great YA, with little romance and an interesting enough plot. The heroine was OK, as was her romantic interest.

Basically nothing out of the ordinary.
Beth's books
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Sarai weaves a world full of magic and wonder. The story line follows Tabri and he new friend Nell as they embark on a journey through the frozen wilderness to find the Wilders. On the way, they are attacked by the Madnesi who want to steal their magic. I found that I was lost in the action and world. My favorite part is when Tabri is taken captive on the flying pirate ship Stallings and she has to use her magic to escape.
Sarai Henderson
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Heather Howarth
Marilyn
Kathy Heare Watts
Kathy
Sep 22, 2016
Sarai Henderson is a retired ballerina from Oregon City, Oregon, where she spends most her time chasing down her three rambunctious boys and writing on her lunch break at work. She enjoys DIY projects, Photography and writing on her blog about life as a mother of an autistic son. Find her online at www.exballerina.com, Instagram @exballerina or on Twitter @Shendersonbooks.