Start by marking “The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want” as Want to Read:
The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want

The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  4,013 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews

The author of the acclaimed New York Times bestsellers The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success and Ageless Body, Timeless Mind now presents a guide to using spiritual alchemy for awakening the magic in everyday life.

Audio Cassette, Abridged, 0 pages
Published December 26th 1995 by Random House Audio (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Way of the Wizard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way of the Wizard

Steve Cran
Aug 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author Deepak Chopra uses the metaphor of Merlin raising the future King Arthur in the Crystal cave to teach the reader 20 lessons that will transform the reader's life.

Each lesson or chapter is divided into three sections. The first section tells a story where in Arthur learns his lesson from Merlin. The second section is understanding the lesson where the teaching is given further explanation. The third section is called Living the lesson which is how to apply the teaching to daily life.

The fi
Virag Padalkar
May 14, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Deepak Chopra follows the way of all self-styled "spiritual" gurus. Here's the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) of such quackery -

1. Pick an obscure metaphor for a little-understood concept (in this case Merlin and Arthur)
2. Concoct very weird tales that can be passed off as meta-physical connections to certain inexplicable concepts.
3. Relate to those concepts using a chain of even more convoluted logic in such a manner as to confuse readers.
4. Package the whole product using really cool bu
The Goon
Sep 29, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible book! Pretentious and horrible, I left this book on a park bench. I didn't want it sitting next to my other books and contaminating their space. This book was not worthy of my bookshelf.
Min Yi  Su
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has so many nuggets of valuable information, I read it slowly over many nights. Though much of the information is familiar, I enjoyed the format Chopra delivers with the story of Arthur and Merlin. I digested the lessons with reflection in my own life and the choices I make. And in the same slow and stead manner, I allowed my perspective to adjust and change when needed.
Cassie
Dec 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phenomenal book. Fascinating, and Magical!!! A must read for those on the path for purpose, transformation, fulfillment, joy and contentment in life. The old saying "The teacher will arrive when the student is ready" is very true for those of us who is willing to open our hearts to learn, understand, and become a pupil. The complexity of life is overwhelming, yet was exemplified with stories and lessons in the Way of the Wizard as told through the character portrayal of the young King Arthur and ...more
Gabriel Iqbal
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deepak is visionary... a human soul on fire. I have read most of his works and he continues to excite fresh paradigms. He is scientific as well as meta-physical in a single heart-beat.
Kathy
Sep 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Borrowed this from Mom. I really like the way the ideas are presented, but more than that, they make sense to me - feel familiar.
Waseem
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think this is a bookt hat must be read as opposed to heard - as I did with the audiobook version, nevertheless the metaphors and parables of merlin and arthuer, were 'ok' but not too appealing for some reason in my preffereed method of learning. Ive read/heard similar style books but this just didn't get me excited enough to give it a serious listen as opposed to it ending up being a passive listen towards the end..perhaps thats why ive rated it so low as I didnt get enough of it...

but i prefe
Catherine
Jul 31, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that enfolds Hindu wisdom within the tale of King Arthur and Merlyn the wizard. Rather than directly instruct the reader, the lessons are told through stories about Merlyn's tutoring of the young Arthur. Each lesson has a story, an explanation of the lesson and an explanation of what it means to apply the lesson to your life. It's a clever way of introducing these spiritual concepts to someone raised in Western culture, especially if, like me, a person is enthralled with the King ...more
Althea Flame
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I decided to read it in one sitting, since it is a short book, but one can easily spend a much longer time reading it and I am sure it won't be the last time I have read it. I feel this is a book to carry around with you every day and read the lessons again and again, and every time you learn something new from it. I know that to fully grasp its content I will have to read it more than this one time.
Jonathan Sudler
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book comes from a very unusual direction combining the author's Hindu traditions and his fantastical view of the Arthurian legend. Beautiful wisdom is presented in an enticing manner however, periodically I found myself thinking/pondering the question of would a medieval Merlin even think along these lines? And then I would get caught up again in the beauty of the writing. Short and easy to read but its lessons will stick with you for a very long time.
Jose Rampinini
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Nuestro tiempo necesita hoy más que nunca la sabiduría del mago", dice Chopra. Una sabiduría que nos conduzca al mundo de la libertad y el milagro.
A Los magos se les ha atribuido el conocimiento de la alquimia, del arte de convertir un metal inferior en oro. Pero el verdadero poder esta en el conocimiento que es mucho mas Grande.
Corey Jonez
Feb 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put the book down, and yet most of the time the book was in my hand- I wasn't reading it, I was merely soaking in the reality of what I had just read! This book is right up there with seven spiritual laws as my favorite!
Elly Sands
Sep 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read this book over and over again and even indexed it. I avoided Chopra's books for a long time thinking he was too main stream . He may be but his writing is superb and very very insightful.
Cecilia Zuniga
May 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book does a great job of integrating teachings from not only Merlin but that are found across ancient traditions. It's an easy, lovely and powerful read.
Kayla Lakings
It was ohkay.
Dee Halzack
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, though a little abstruse. Most of it fit neatly with what I learned in Avatar.
Fariz Danial
Dec 15, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Buku yang mak aku rekemen, bahase mudah dan senang nak fahami. nilai dan moral nya sangat bagus, sangat similar dengan metafizik yang dibawa oleh islam. sesuai bagi orang yang kurang percaya pada rohani/spiritual. no wonder penulis ni pernah jadi best author.

nilai dan ilmu fizik dia sangat bagus, namun tak perfect seperti islam. contohnya, ia nak cakap 'wizard' [Allah] tu ada kat mana2, tapi dia tak terangkan apa tu sebenarnya 'ada' dimana2 tu.

kepada sesiapa yang minat buku ni, aku rekemen baik
Aaron
I gave this book a light read, and should really give it a thorough read to get a better sense of it. Chopra takes the novel approach of explaining life lessons with brief fictional stories about Merlin and King Arthur at the beginning of each chapter followed by a more in depth exploration of the ideas. It's a good introduction to Chopra's ideas for a general audience. I really don't know enough of his writing or his philosophy to tell you where this fits into it, but I thought it was a fairly ...more
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not the hugest Deepak Chopra fan, mostly because I find his writing pretty dense when you are trying to get your mind wrapped around something. That being said the concepts are good and I definitely walked away with some good reminders for my life.
Dennis Selby
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Compared to the challenging medical books from Deepak,
this is an easy read with priceless information on love, life &
all that is holy to oneself. It's nice not having to hurt
the brain to be enlightened; keep it simple & learn. I found this
to be an excellent book to gift to the young at heart and us that want to return. I can't keep this book onhand because I keep giving my copy away to people I care for; that's a good sign.
LemontreeLime
I remember thinking this was nice. And short. Not saying that's a bad thing. Big message little package. And I also remember the copy I read had every other line underlined by a previous reader. In orange highlighter and pen. That unfortunately was just annoying. It's a short book, just reread it when you feel the need. I will probably reread it eventually, but with an unmarked copy. Which I assume will be very nice also. But still short.
Kris
May 12, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting as always, Deepak Chopra manages to get me thinking and flowing in a spiritual tamber. It was especially interesting to read right after having read The Hero Within. I am fully on my way to becoming my own wizard/magician.
Jen
Jan 30, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's very philosophical, it's about the power one has to control how one feels. It uses examples to help paint a picture. I picked this up and I have been reading it for 4 years. It is a book that is read over and over. I analyze each sentence in a new way every time I read it. It gets too "heavy" and then I put it down until next time.
Dale
May 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quantum
I thought wizardry was something akin to evil before reading this book. The story is based on the imaginary relationship of Merlin and the young Arthur, before growing up to be the King of Camelot. On my second reading right now. 11/05/2012 Reading this for the 3rd time. Great lessons and entertaining.
ZaRi
تا موقعی که شما یک فرد هستید، شبیه یک قطره در اقیانوس می باشید؛ موقعی که شما بخشی از آگاهیِ کیهانی باشید، کلِ اقیانوس خواهید بود.
آرتور پرسید: آیا یک قطره در اقیانوس ذوب شده و گم نمی شود؟
مرلین به او اطمینان داد: خیر، یک فرد هرگز نمی تواند محو شود، حتی به واسطه ی تجربه ی اقیانوسِ آگاهی . تو می توانی همزمان هم خودت باشی و هم همه. این ممکن است یک معما به نظر آید، اما با این همه همین طور است.
Holli
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know that a lot of people consider Deepak Chopra a charlatan, but I really get a lot out of his books. This one is full of small and big truths and I will read it again. The thought crossed my mind that perhaps the reason some people don't like The Way of the Wizard is because they are Muggles. Just sayin'. : )
Adriana
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aside from the constant references to wizards and kings (which I do not like), this book was the perfect read for me. Good reminder about many life skills we should all acquire and one that I will go back to for sure.
Rob
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I know the message that was being conveyed was worthwhile but the use of Merlin was a bit distracting. I did not hate this book because it is just a book, but as an observer I feel that perhaps this book may be useful as a weight to keep other papers from flying around.
Gosia
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mind, 2013
I heard the book while riding on my bike. Probably would not have read it if I had to. Despite the fact that I like Deepak Chopra, this one was just a story, a nice idea to hear but altogether a bit boring.
  • Manifest Your Destiny
  • Entering the Castle: An Inner Path to God and Your Soul
  • The Voice of Knowledge: A Practical Guide to Inner Peace
  • The Astonishing Power of Emotions
  • Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
  • Healing with the Angels: How the Angels Can Assist You in Every Area of Your Life
  • Beyond Fear: A Toltec Guide to Freedom and Joy: The Teachings of Don Miguel Ruiz
  • Living the Liberated Life and Dealing with the Pain-Body
  • What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality
  • Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians
  • Hands Of Light
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of eighty books books with twenty-two New York Times best sellers in both
More about Deepak Chopra...

“The most creative act you will ever undertake is the act of creating yourself.” 235 likes
“A person desperately searching for love," Merlin said, "reminds me of a fish desperately searching for water.” 48 likes