Start by marking “Wild Things” as Want to Read:
Wild Things

Wild Things

Senna, the curvy Princess, and fierce protector of her kingdom, refuses to be given away in marriage to the Ottway, an evil bastard of a man, who just so happens to be aligned with her father. Marriage arranged, Senna is torn between what she must do for her kingdom, and what her heart truly wants.

Gabriel isn't just Senna's guard, but a powerful wolf-shifter, who just so
Published September 12th 2016 by Wild Hearts Press

To ask other readers questions about Wild Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Things

Cassandra
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!
***Received a copy of the book for an honest review

The cover is definitely beautiful, but it should have been a black wolf!!

This is a standalone book that is for adults only due to the steamy content and violence. It is a quick read and ends in a HEA.

I definitely think this is a unique and interesting world. I definitely wanted to know more about the past especially Gabriel’s and his village, but also what happened after this book. I real
Marta Cox
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've read a few of this authors stories and they are usually easy to read with a fast paced story so I was quite happy to spend an hour or two reading this her latest shifter romance. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting to be honest with an almost Arabian/ eastern feel to it in a world of sand and mountains with shifters and bizarrely even aliens! Well I'm game to read most things so dove in to find even more surprises!
Ok I confess the beginning had a Wild West feel with the princess Senna tr
Carolyn Brown
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great storyline

I love that these books re not all about sex and they have great storylines and a lot of reality to them.
Looking forward to more of her work
RetiredHsMom
Definitely a worthwhile read!

A bit of a slow start for me, but when the pace picked up I was kept well interested. I think the slow start was probably due the steampunk references in the early chapters. I haven't read much in that genre so it took me a little bit to slip into the story. It was my problem as the author did a great job with the descriptions throughout the book. I was able to easily delve into the scenes while I was reading and invest in the story.

I loved the two main characters,
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)

Omg I really loved this story! It was an incredible adventure full of action, suspense and of course romance. I had a hard time putting this one down. By far this is my favorite book by Catherine Vale yet! The story was crafted beautifully with an interest world with not only shifters but aliens as well. I would've loved to see more of this world but the characters journey more than make up for it. It was fast paced and flowed seamlessly. The characters were fun to read and I loved each of their
Melanie Cesa
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
What an adventurous ride this story is. Senna is a Princess and Gabriel is the Highest Command, the shifter who rules all the shifters that protect her father’s kingdom. Their love is forbidden and would come at great consequences for Gabriel. Not to mention, Senna’s father has now told her she is to be entered into an arranged marriage.

For the short length of this story, it is sure packed with a lot of action. Fights among kinds, an evil villain, exciting plot, romance, action, and danger; I co
Rebecca Stigers
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was hard for me to get into and I don't know why really. But once I got into it a ways I couldn't put it down! The characters were really good, I guess it's because it's more of a Sci-fi book and not a regular shifter. It's got strange aliens, and it's more futuristic than I'm use to. But once in I couldn't put it down! The Princess went from stubborn "child" to have d headed woman and I loved it. Her shifter was handsome, brave and really loved her. But did they get away from bad guys ...more
Kristen Lewendon
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a wonderfully unexpected blend of genres and themes: shifters, aliens, deserts, and dystopian societies, mixed with political intrigue, middle eastern pageantry, and romance. Senna’s about to be sold into a marriage she wants nothing to do with. While Gabriel, the man her heart desires, has no power to save her from this fate worse than death. Or does he? The story started a little slowly for me, but once it got going there was not stopping it
frances dunning
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wildly romantic. I loved the story. The emotional rollercoaster ride of Senna and Gabriel kept me on the edge of my seat. I could only hope for a happy ending. They were challenged at every turn and only had each other. Senna came into her own during their adventure and will now be able to lead her people with Gabriel at her side. Loved this story.
Sharon Hatt
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pampered princess Senna petulantly refuses to wed an older (and descriptively disgusting) man to align their kingdoms, until her love Gabriel (head of the guards) insists neither of them has a choice and cannot stop it. There is much more going on behind Senna's father's back and the marriage is a ruse for far more nefarious purposes. Luckily Gabriel smells something fishy and stows away on Senna's train ultimately saving her and the kingdom. OMG this was such a passionate and exciting story. Th ...more
Faye
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written

Different from any other shifter book I have read characters came together you were left wondering how it would end
Petula
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is set in a savage desert world that has been invaded by Aliens with lizard like skin.
Senna is a princess who is being forced to marry a powerful neighbour, although she loves someone else. To cross the desert she must travel on a train. Even that doesn't guarantee safety.
Gabriel is a wolf shifter and the captain of the royal guard. He cannot let his princess leave without a guard of her own.
The man our heroine is marrying is even more evil than she thought.
An exciting, danger filled tr
Debra
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shifter Love meets Arabian Nights, meets alien maurders. Wow what an adventure, truly an exciting face pasted adventure into a different realm of possibilities. Loved it and would definitely recommend.
No cliff hanger, stand alone, happy ending.
I will be looking for more from Ms Vale.
Patricia Kieffer
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-it
Wild Things by Catherine Vale

Senna is given away to Ottway to be his bride, trying to bring peace. Senna hates Ottway and does not want to marry him but her father insist on it. Senna is in love with a guard Gabriel and he loves her. He has came to her room and they have shared there love but have to keep it a secret. I wasn't sure about this book with shifters, aliens, and a princess but the farther I got in the book the more I liked it. The princess was at first a spoiled young woman and it wa
Lyn Mckenzie
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! What a roller-coaster of a ride this book is!!! Filled with so much action and adventure, betrayal and courage and so many emotions are invoked in you while reading this amazing book. Catherine Vale is one seriously talented writer!!! Everyone should read her work and I just cant wait to read more of her work, from this book alone she is definitely at the top of my favourite authors list! This is definitely s book that will stick in my mind for a long long time.

The storyline to this was j
JoDeen
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I Love Catherine Vale Books . I literally have a big grin on my face every time she announces a new book, so it would come to no one as a  surprise when I say I dived into this book as soon as I possibly could and I loved it. Wild Things is another fantastic story by Catherine Vale

In this book we follow Gabriel  and Senna ,I love these two characters. I really felt for them in this story ,Gabriel and Seena are in love however Senna has to marry someone else who is rather dreadful if you ask me
Sue Davis
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
SPOILED PRINCESS,HANDSOME SHIFTER GUARD, ALIENS, AND A DIRTY OLD MAN
I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK FOR AN HONEST REVIEW...... OVER 18+ READING
Senna is a spoiled princess who has lead a sheltered life till now, when she has been ordered to marry the Ottway(a man older then her father). A political arranged marriage for her kingdom, not a marriage to her secret love Gabriel,a powerful wolf shifter and her guard who loves her has much as she does him. The train Senna rode back from Ottway was attacked (
Sherry Haynes
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Gifted copy in exchange for honest review:

Wild Things is a different type paranormal. It offers the romance of a shifter and human but the drama of aliens. There is betrayal, love, hatred, manipulation and political power that just adds to the drama and suspense. Really would love to see this go into another book because I want to know what happens next. Hint hint to the author.
iliana G
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Gabriel isn't just Senna's guard, but a powerful wolf-shifter, who just so happens to want her as his own. It would be tr
Linda Levine
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Senna is the royal princess expected to do as her father wants. He wants her to make a political marriage. The problem is she already is in love and can't stand the man her father wants her to marry.

Gabriel is a shifter and in charge of the royal guards. He would be killed if it was discovered he had a relationship with Senna. It hasn't stopped him though from secretly meeting her. When he realizes she is in danger, he will risk everything for her.

In the beginning, Senna is a pretty spoiled you
Kathi
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling and sexy ride; complete with aliens and werewolves!! 4.8 stars

Senna is a princess dealing with a newly arranged marriage with Ottway Venn. Ottway is older than her father, eats like a pig and smells. Even his castle in the valley feels claustrophobic. He will not allow her any of her own servants or guards as he requires full control. If that weren’t bad enough she is in love with another.

Guards are werewolves from the neighboring desert. Ottway’s guards did not fight when the lizard
Mona Livsey
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wild Things by Catherine Vale

Here is the age old story of marrying off a daughter to unite two kingdoms, but what happens when the daughter, a Princess is against this marriage. Where there is a Prime Minister up to deadly games, with the future Groom of the Kingdom. And the Bride to be is in love with someone else, Chaos reigns everywhere!
Senna the curvaceous princess falls in love with her Wolf Shifter Guard Gabriel, who is head over heels in love with his charge.
Together they need to find a w
Racy
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this of a honest review. Loved the book but it was a little different then what I am use to.

Senna was a curvy Princess. She was suppose to marry royalty. Her father had promised her to a man she did not love. The name is was to married was as old or even older then her father. He was a discussing man. It did not help that Senna’s heart belong to another. She has a forbidden love.

Gabriel did not only vow to keep the Princess and the kingdoms safe but he loved the Princess with all hi
KelticKat
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great story, Fun and unique steampunk world, Female MC that's a bit feisty, unconventional, and has character growth, A HOT male shifter MC - Loved it!

This was a great shifter story with many twists. Thought the world was interesting and has lots of potential. Conflicts between neighboring kingdoms and invading aliens. It was such a melting pot that I read straight through.

Senna, is a princess and is being forced into a politician marriage to of course a very unappealing man, Ottway. (Okay so no
Rochelle
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
*I received this ARC from the author in exchange for a honest review*

WILD THINGS by Catherine Vale

Senna is a princess and a fierce protector of her kingdom, when her father wants to give her away in marriage to an evil bastard of a man, a man aligned with her father, she refuses. But Senna is torn between what she must do for her kingdom, and what her heart really wants.

Gabriel is a powerful wolf-shifter and Senna's guard, he wants her for himself but to go against the King would be treason. Wh
Gwendolyn Thaggard
Sep 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review. Senna is Princess about to be married off in a political arrangement to Ottway Venn. She does not love the Ottway. She sees it as an old man being gifted with a young, beautiful plaything. The reason that Senna does not love the Ottway is because she is in love with one of the guards in her father's palace, Gabriel. Gabriel is a wolf shifter charged with protecting Senna. Senna has given all her love and her body to Gabriel not aware of the c ...more
Cassie
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Crystal
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Princess and the Wolf

Aliens, shifters, and a princess, oh my! A forbidden love between a princess and her shifter guard, this story set in a unique world is riveting. Senna is a princess who's father has ordered her to marry a disgusting and vile old man, but she is in love with Gabriel, a wolf shifter guard who returns her love. Danger is all around them as they have to hide their love, and stay safe from aliens who are growing wilder and more savage. Even though they are far apart in the e
Annetta Sweetko
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wild Things is an intriguing combination of paranormal, alien and steampunk. A fun romp centered on Senna and Gabriel. She is a Princess who has been bartered by her father and he is one of her father's guards and leader of all shifters in her father lands. Her trip to her new husband to be doesn't go quite as planned.

Gabriel is in love with Senna and when he realizes she is in danger, he will do whatever it takes to protect her. But with so many enemies will his protection be enough?

In this sho
Linda
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wild Things is more than a romance, it's also a thrilling adventure set in a fantasy world. Senna is a princess being forced into marriage with a loathsome man for political reasons. Her heart however belongs to wolf shifter Gabriel, commander of her father's guards. He loves Senna with all of his heart but he is far below her station and they can never be together openly. He thinks he is prepared to let her go but when he finds out her life is in danger, he will do whatever it takes to save her ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY bestselling author Catherine Vale writes urban fantasy and paranormal romance.