Start by marking “Three Simple Words (Kingston Ale House, #3)” as Want to Read:
Three Simple Words (Kingston Ale House, #3)

Three Simple Words (Kingston Ale House #3)

She's holding out for a happy ever after.

Annie
I know where to find my happily ever after—between the pages of a romance novel. It’s why I sell books, why I blog about them, and why I’ll never get disappointed by love.

So what if my brother’s best friend from high school is now a bestselling author? Or that he just blew back into town on a Harley, filling out a pair of je
ebook
Published October 17th 2016 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Select Contemporary)

To ask other readers questions about Three Simple Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Simple Words

Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 13, 2016 Wendy'sThoughts rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: A.J. Pine Fans, Romance
4.5 Who's The Romantic/Who's The Cynic Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free- It's Live
My three little words for this book are really quite easy to say...
Adored This Book!
A.J. Pine has a charming way of putting an idea on the page and then backing it up with a layered, touching story... with just enough snap, crackle and pop to entertain throughout the journey. It was like an "insider's nod" to the Romance community... touching on the readers themselves, bloggers, publishers and authors.

We have Annie D
Jen
4 Stars

“We keep doing what we started last night —in secret. No one has to know, and no one has to get hurt. You get inspired to write, and I get—well, I get to keep sharing my cider with you.”

Three Simple Words is a humorous and hot little ditty that utilizes one of my favorite romance tropes, the secret relationship with brother's bestie. Unlike the usual formulaic books that overrun my Amazon feed, this one contains a little twist in that her bro's bff is younger. And he's all grown up now.

We
Natalie The Biblioholic
Looking for a great, light, feel-good story? How about one that many of us can relate to? Then this is the book for you!!

I can't tell you how many times my mind and heart have been stuck in a book. Sometimes it takes a real long while for me to let the story go. And I have to admit that the female main character in this book reminded me of me. *shrugs* I love a tortured hero. Or one who truly believes that love just ain't in his cards. And I absolutely love watching him get knocked on his ass by
Give Me Books
Oct 15, 2016 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
I have a whole heap of gushing to unload here, so where would you like me to start? The adorable, laugh-out-loud banter, perhaps? The unexpectedly heartwarming Wizard of Oz references, maybe? The love letter to romance books craftily blanketed in a…romance book? Or maybe the sparky, heated chemistry between Wes & Annie that lights up every page? You guys – all of those things are in this book and I freaking loved it so much.

It’s clever, and witty, and fun. I laughed so much more than I was e
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo e695bb0720a91d1cded7b56cddfa55_zpsgs75zdyh.gif

Once upon a time. Immediately, once you hear the beginning of this phrase, you automatically think of that ending, “And they live happily ever after.” Right? No one wants to read a romance story that ends open ended or tragically. So what happens when you have a romance writer who doesn’t believe in happily ever afters?

photo 11b8cdec29ccaab8b8dd06ec525f07_zpspoyjhwnk.gif“He loved her now with every pulse of his blood through his veins. But was love supposed to wreck you this hard so s
Mindy Lou's Book Reviews
Oct 17, 2016 Mindy Lou's Book Reviews rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2016
Annie is a bookshop owner and romance blogger. She believes in happily ever after and knows she will get hers someday. Wes is a romance author who doesn't believe in happily ever after. He's the confirmed bachelor who writes about confirmed bachelors. He's also Annie's brothers best friend who just so happened to have a huge crush on Annie when they were kids.

This book felt like I was reading a romance novel inside a romance novel. You got the player trope and the brothers best friend trope. Ad
Maria Rose
This review appears at All About Romance: http://allaboutromance.com/book-revie...

Three Simple Words is the third story in the Kingston Ale House series, and is a fun look at the world of romance authors and bloggers, plus a sibling’s best friend trope romance (one of my favourites). The first in the series, The One That Got Away, is an okay read, but didn’t knock my socks off. The second, Six Month Rule, on the other hand, is one of my favorite reads of 2016. So I had high hopes for this one as
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review

I somehow missed the release of Three Simple Words by A.J. Pine, but as soon as I realized it I jumped up and bought it because I thoroughly enjoyed the first two books in The Kingston Ale House Series and this one did not disappoint. A bestselling author whose book is being touted as a romance and whose hero is somewhat autobiographical returns to Chicago hoping to get rid of his writer's block and pen his next bestseller. What he doesn't expect is that his high school be
Vera Neves (Sinfonia dos Livros)
Oct 13, 2016 Vera Neves (Sinfonia dos Livros) rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-ing
awesome... really love Annie and Wes...

Now that's what I call a couple made in heaven! A writer and a book addict. What could go wrong, wright? That's what we all could think about Annie and Wes, but the truth is very different.
I was, once again, one of the lucky bloggers who could read this story before it came out to the major public. This book is the third one of Kingston Alle House serie and like the previous two it was a privilege to read it.
Wes and Annie have known each other since they we
Sep 27, 2016 Jennifer rated it liked it
ARC received for review

I haven't read the first two books, but this was a stand-alone and I wasn't lost at all. For those of you have read the first two, you'll be happy to know that the previous couples make multiple appearances.

Now,I love that Wes is a romance author and afraid of a HEA. Annie is a bookstore owner and sister to Wes' high school BFF and loves all kinds of HEAs. I enjoyed their romance and the heat they created when they were together. His nickname for her was great, she is his
Irene
4 stars

Three Simple Words was a fun, sexy & sweet read.

I really enjoyed watching Annie and Wes together, they made me laugh, they frustrated me and they made my heart swoon.

description

A.J. Pine has once again given her readers a well written, enjoyable read with relatable and likable characters that will entertain you and leave you with a heart full of love.

Three Simple Words is a wonderful addition to the Kingston Ale House series, each book can be read as a standalone and I highly recommend them all
Samantha
Sep 30, 2016 Samantha rated it really liked it
4 sometimes fiction and reality are on in the same, sometimes fiction is just fiction stars. The story kicks off with the reader introduced to Annie and how much she doesn't like Wes's book. When Wes is finally introduced, he learns that Annie hates his book and that he can help her by hosting a signing at her book store if he can convince her. From the beginning the two characters are carved out and easy to like.

Annie loves books and reading, it's partially why she's a very happy book shop own
Elaine
Oct 27, 2016 Elaine rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful romance where Annie is a bookseller and blogger who believes in the possibility of meeting the love of her life and achieving her own happily ever after. Wes is three years younger, was the teen best friend of her brother, Jeremy, and has written a best selling novel which concerns the romantic liaisons of a fictitious character who does not believe in any HEA being possible. When these two meet, they're seriously attracted to each other but he doesn't want to upset his best ...more
Cyndi
Oct 18, 2016 Cyndi rated it it was amazing
Gosh, what a fan-freaking-tastic read! 5 stars all the way. This story had so many tropes that I love, switched up in ways that made it unique and totally captivating. This story put my head and heart in such a good space. As I finished it late last night, I felt a blanket of warm-fuzzies surround me and left with perma-grin.

What makes all this work are 2 magnetic characters, Wes Hartley and Annie "HappyEverAfter" Denning. Each come to the table with relationship or non-relationship baggage whi
Jackie *Fire and Ice Book Reviews*
4 stars

AJ Pine has created a book basically about a book, and it was awesome.

This book was different and I liked it. AJ Pine's writing style is fresh and unique. This book grabbed my attention from the first page.

Wes and Annie were adorable. I loved how loyal Annie was to books having a Happy Ending. I also loved the discussions she had on her blog. I must say that she put ideas in my head about doing something simular.

I enjoyed this book and definitely recommend anyone reading this review to
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

This wasn’t a game anymore—no secret arrangement between two people who claimed they only wanted fun. This was her heart, and she had given it to him without the guarantee of the happy ending.

photo Three Simple Words Teaser 3_zpsz5e0dxfr.jpg

I love the ”romance with the brother’s best-friend” trope and THREE SIMPLE WORDS had it with just a little twist. The heroine ends up getting involved with her younger brother’s best-friend. There’s only a three-year difference between them which isn’t
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Read this away from prying eyes and ears. You will laugh, loud. You will laugh, hard. You will laugh, with joy. You may even laugh to the point of tears. I had a great time reading thing one. The banter. The witty comebacks.

The hot sexy younger man. The sweet, endearingly sexy older sister of his best friend. Chemistry. Steamy. Engaging. The man that writes the book goes to the girl that sales the books and get clarity. There is a story behind that you have to read to find out.

Annie and Wes kn
Alison
Four smoking hot little brother's best friend stars.

This is the third book in the series, I haven't read the previous books and found it perfectly easy to read as a stand-alone.

Annie Denning owns her own book store, Two Stories, she also writes a book blog about romance. She believes in true love and happily ever after. He younger brother Jeremy's best friend is Wes, he is the best-selling author of a novel about a man who roams from woman to woman satisfying them sexually and emotionally whilst
Bente Bendiksen
Sep 20, 2016 Bente Bendiksen rated it it was amazing
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for the purpose of an honest review.*
Third book in the Kingston Ale series but can be read as a standalone.

To sum it up I love this book, not so much in the beginning but in the end WOW!!!

In the beginning I thought it could have had more feelings written in to it, for example when Wes kisses Annie for the first time I felt like it could have been anyone he kissed not his crush from the past........... No offence for the authors wri
Monique Daoust
Oct 16, 2016 Monique Daoust rated it it was amazing
During a book signing, author Wes Harley notices a lovely woman, Annie Denning, who asks him questions. Wes is a best selling romance novel author, and his book is making women swooning with the hero’s sexual techniques; they all wonder if it’s autobiographical, even Annie. At 25, Wes has a best seller under his belt, “Down this Road”, but words haven’t been coming for months, and he has three days to send his editor 50 pages of his still unwritten second novel. Wes had moved to New York eight y ...more
Tina Lynne
Oct 25, 2016 Tina Lynne rated it it was amazing
AJ Pine has outdone herself with her latest release, Three Simple Words. This book was everything I wanted it to be and so much more. The trope of a young woman falling in love with her brother’s best friend is one that many people love, but Pine takes it one step further. Annie is a reader, blogger, and book store owner. Wes is a world renown bestselling author on the rise. Add in a wicked sense of humor and incredible fun; how can you not fall in love with this book?!

I love Pine’s writing so m
Ashley
In her acknowledgements for Three Simple Words AJ Pine writes “I finally found the characters who let me use their story to write a love letter to romance.” It definitely shows. Word to sentence to paragraph, Three Simple Words shows us how much Romance, and books in general, can mean to a person, how easy it is to get swept away in a story.

Three Simple Words combines a few different tropes to create a charming story of two people who view love very differently. Annie is not just an older woman
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Sep 29, 2016 Danielle from Short and Sassy rated it really liked it
Another great book by AJ Pine. I am loving this Kingston Ale House series!!! If you are a book lover, then you will love this book!

Wes is an author who doesn't believe in HEA's !! Let me stop you right there, I NEED HEA endings in my books, if not I hate them. So Wes, who is a male author who writes romance, doesn't believe in love or happily ever afters. He believes in sex and one night stands. He wrote a best seller on his life, which is loosely based on his life.

Now Wes is needing with a fol
Jessica Alcazar
If you're an avid romance reader and reviewer, this ridiculously sweet and sexy story should be just the thing for you. How could it not?! We have a romance writer and a bookstore owner/blogger as our MCs!! :) I devoured every single word in this book in mere hours. IT WAS FUN and it put a HUGE smile on my face :)

I was really afraid this book would turn out to be way too cliche but A.J. Pine turned all those typical tropes into something unique and fun with relatable characters that you just ca
Tamara
Nov 26, 2016 Tamara rated it liked it

On paper this book should have worked for me, it's about an author and a bookstore owner. Add in the brothers best friend and you should have yourself a book I'd love.

Unfortunately I struggled with the early parts of the story and it wasn't until about the 50% mark that I really started to enjoy it.

For me it felt like parts of the story jumped around and didn't always follow a logical path. I found myself re-reading sections because I couldn't make sense of it.

The drama with Annie's pa
Cátia
Oct 16, 2016 Cátia rated it it was amazing
For more reviews click HERE

Actual Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars

*I was provided a copy by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Here’s the thing, I loved the previous books in the Kingston Ale House series but I loved this one even more. First of all, Annie has a bookstore and a blog about romance books. How relatable is that girl?? She’s one of that persons who want a HEA like the ones in the books she reads and she believes that they exist. Wes is just the opposite. He doesn’
Michelle
Jan 18, 2017 Michelle rated it really liked it
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: https://bookbriefs.net**Three Simple Words is the third book in the Kingston Ale House series by A.J. Pine. I have not read the first book in the series, but I did really enjoy book two- Six Month Rule. You can easily start off at any book you would like. They are very easy to follow and each book follows a different couple. I have read several books by this author, so I feel like I pretty much know what to expect going in. I know it is goi ...more
Christi Snow
Oct 17, 2016 Christi Snow rated it it was amazing
My Review:
I loved so many different things about this book. This is a book that is custom-made for romance book-lovers. Annie is a bookstore owner and a huge romance genre proponent.

Wes is a best-selling author whose "romance" best-seller defies the rule about happily ever afters and how they have to be present in the book for it to be a true romance. Annie hates that about the book although every other reader out there loves it. To make matters worse than hating her childhood friend's book, now
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Read full review HERE

description

This was my third book of the Kingston Ale House series, and I have to say, it was my favorite of the three. I still think that Jeremy’s story will take the crown though. Here are my reviews for The One Who Got Away and Six Month Rule.

Even though AJ Pine’s writing is still really my cup of tea, I thought it belonged in this book, you know? Somehow, having two characters that use words as a living, came well together with the 3rd person narrative. It’s still a contemplative w
Samantha Bilodeau
Oct 12, 2016 Samantha Bilodeau rated it really liked it
I'll start this by saying that I eagerly gobble up every Kingston Alehouse series book that comes out and have loved both of the previous books!

"Three Simple Words" is no exception! This book is Annie's story. Annie is a fairly quiet bookstore owner who loves romance and also blogs about it. She meets Wes again, who is her younger brother's best friend from high school, and sparks don't exactly fly for her right away since he is a writer of a not-really-romance bestseller and she hates his book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
AJ Pine writes stories to break readers’ hearts, but don’t worry—she’ll mend them with a happily ever after. As an English teacher and a librarian, AJ has always surrounded herself with books. All her favorites have one big commonality–romance. Naturally, the books she writes have the same. When she’s not writing, she’s of course reading. Then there’s online shopping (everything from groceries to ...more
More about A.J. Pine...

Kingston Ale House (4 books)
  • The One That Got Away (Kingston Ale House #1)
  • Six Month Rule (Kingston Ale House #2)
  • Worth the Wait (Kingston Ale House, #4)