Start by marking “Midnight Mysteries:” as Want to Read:
Midnight Mysteries:

Midnight Mysteries: (Sarah Booth Delaney #16.75 (Clacking Bones))

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  162 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Nine Cozy Tales by Nine Bestselling Authors

Ritter Ames – “Organized for Masked Motives” (Organized Mysteries series)
Kate McKenzie never dreamed when she started her business, Stacked in Your Favor, she’d spend nearly as much time crime solving as organizing. But with Halloween approaching and too many items on the to-do list, she and Meg Berman find themselves in another

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Mysteries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Mysteries

Jeanie Jackson
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Midnight Mysteries includes nine great stories by nine amazing authors. I naturally turned to Ritter Ames first, I do love Kate, Meg and the Organized mysteries series, but after that it didn't matter which way I turned; each story was delightful or enthralling! Ritter Ames, Carolyn Haines, Maria Grazia Swan, Larissa Reinhold, and Connie Shelton are amazing authors that I already follow, and I discovered a couple of authors who will probably be on my must read list from now on. The perfect read ...more
Elisa Hordon
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great collection of cozy shorts from some of my favorite authors.
I especially love Morgana Best and Ritter Ames they never, ever disappoint.

Some wonderful characters and great mysteries to keep you entertained
Doward Wilson
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Halloween tales to tantalize and delight every cozy mystery reader! Nine authors weave nine tales of murder and mystery that will entertain you while keeping you glued to your chair. Murder, ghosts, greed, curses, wedding cakes, embezzlement and every mortal sin you can think of is showcased in this fantastic anthology that covers the haunted Halloween season. A not to be missed adventure by any dedicated cozy mystery reader.

I received this book from the authors. This is my honest opinion and fa
Joanne
Midnight Mysteries is a compilation of cozy mystery novellas penned by nine renowned cozy mystery authors. Each novella in this book is related to the authors respective, published cozy mystery series or one of the lead characters from a specific series. Each author provides adequate dialogue so readers don’t feel lost, rather they can easily embrace the series and characters. I couldn’t wait to see what several of my favorite authors offered! Organized for Masked Motives by Ritter Ames tops my ...more
Maria
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review"
Do you have plans for Halloween? I would recommend you to cancel them and instead read this book full of mystery, murder and ghosts!
There are nine short stories from Cozy Mysteries Authors, some of them known to me, some new. I have to say I really enjoyed reading this book, the stories were great and some of them made me want to read more!
Here's a short description of each one of the stories...
Ritter Ames, oh yes, she made a
Angie Parish
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book. While their were many authors I hadn't read, many of them I have. You don't have to be familiar with the series in order to read these short stories. All are a ball full of fun, and mystery. While your at it you may just pick up a few more authors to stalk like I did. Enjoy! !
Gale
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this box set in exchange for an honest review. I think this is the first Halloween group of stories I’ve read in a while – at least all in one download – and I have to say it was fun! I have two more stories to read however I can tell you that so far? The stories are easy to read, make you think, make you laugh, and as I said before, much fun.

I’d like to highlight a couple that really stood out for me. First, an Organized Mystery by Ritter Ames – Organized for Masked Motives
Kelly Hobbs
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Midnight Mysteries" is an anthology that will surely get you in the Halloween spirit. In "Frightening Features" we have a murder in a ghost town and in "Salad Days, Halloween Nights" we meet a chef who is in a loveless marriage and covets his neighbour. "Spellbound Sweets" takes us to a Halloween party in a bookstore where someone dies and a rare book is missing. "Weeping Moon" has nefarious acts being committed in an assisted living home and we find a ghost detective and male escorts in "It T ...more
Andrea Stoeckel
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
[ I received this book in exchange for an honest review. In no way did it influence my ideas]

I am really beginning to LOVE short mystery anthologies!

Each of the 9 stories of this book are focused stories about the characters we may already know. If not, there is enough "backstory" to "catch you up." And most of these authors are well known to the "cozy crowd". Characters like Kate McKenzie(Ritter Ames), Sarah Booth Delany(Carolyn Haines), Cherry Tucker(Larissa Reinhart), Lella York (Maria Grazi
Barbara Hackel
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Midnight Mysteries is a collection of nine stories of various lengths all by different authors. Some I liked better than others because they were favorite authors of mine. Those included Connie Sheldon, who had written a full length book, Carolyn Haines, who wrote a Sarah Booth Delaney ghost story, Morgana Best, who wrote a short paranormal almost time travel prequel to her Miss Spelled series, Ritter Ames, who wrote an actual Halloween story complete with costumes and organizing a garage, and m ...more
Pam Guynn
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Midnight Mysteries: Nine Cozy Tales by Nine Bestselling Authors

***I received an ARC for an honest review***

I truly enjoyed this book the characters are well written. These stories are fast, fun reads and can be read on a fall day while sitting on a porch with your favorite bag of Halloween candy. I knew who a few of the authors are and enjoy your Mysteries but I also discovered a few who I plan on reading their mysteries.

I do not plan on giving any spoilers because I think that if you knew the e
Michelle
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this anthology of Nine Cozy Tales by Nine different authors. Great start to the Halloween season these short stories are full of mystery, romance, laughable moments and also some strange and twisted stories. This has been a great way to get introduced to new authors and also enjoy the authors I already read. I could fill up the whole review page and then some on each of these well written and thoroughly enjoyable short stories. Although I am partial to one of my absolutely favorite aut ...more
Lynne Moody
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So many Awesome books :) Loved all of them ! So many Great Characters that keep me reading and reading more. The storylines are A must read for all Cozie mysteries lovers. Was given as a ARC for a honest review.
Paula Ratcliffe
Debbi
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable!

I had this book in my TBR list since last year. Finally got a chance to read it, and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I was familiar with several of the authors, but now have some new authors I'll start following. This was a great way to sample different authors.
Donna Vitarelli
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked the mix of stories in this collection. Loved the murder solving baker and the super hero duo who aided in the capture of a bank robber.
Christine
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Halloween Collection

A terrific collection of stories centering around Halloween by some of my favorite authors. You will enjoy them very much.
K-BRC
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This collection just may rock your world. Every story is a winner. Grab it!
Alice Hazelbaker
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Happy Halloween!

A bunch of Halloween short cozy mysteries by some of my very favorite authors!! And by a few authors new to me. Read and enjoy
Kay
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-rc
Really enjoyed this book. I love anthologies, especially ones that include my favorite authors. Already a fan of LynDee Walker, and now I have had to add Maria Grazia Swan and Larissa Reinhart to my Amazon Wish List.
I'd just learned about the Cherry Tucker series (Larissa Reinhart) and was glad to see The Vigilante Vignette even though I'm not that far into the series yet. It just confirmed that I have to continue.
Carolyn Haines also has me hooked with her protagonist Sarah Booth Delaney. We've
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great boxed set by nine bestselling authors. Each book in this set is part of a series by the authors. So if you enjoy getting to know some new authors, then you will want to get this boxed set. There are several authors in this set that I enjoy reading and some new to me authors. I am looking forward to reading more books by all the authors in this set. Each story is great and have great characters that you want to read more about. This set kept me reading until the ends because once ...more
Kristina Trawick
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
ZZZZZZZZZ

Have last story to read so going to review without since I love the Haines series. I gave this collection a 2 because it was free. The stories were not scary, spooky or eerie . The writings for the most part were sophomoric at best, with writing like a ninth grader just passing English and unbelievable or downright unlikable characters. Not bad people, just boring and /or boorish. The first five I read to their ends, the next three I just gave up; waiting to read the last because, well,
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Shelves: cozy-mystery, 2016
Halloween hi jinks abound in the wonderful collection of short stories from several beloved mystery authors. These stores are all delightful and enjoyable. One of the nice things about this collection is it's a great way to find new authors. There is enough back story to fill the reader in on what has happened without overwhelming the reader. Each story is well told and will have you wanting to read more.

I received a copy of this manuscript from one of the authors in exchange for an honest revie
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

This is a great collection of stories sure get you in the Halloween frame of mind. There's something here for a variety of tastes and genres - though all still mysteries, of course. Most of the authors involved in this anthology were new reads to me but I'd read a couple of the authors before, Maria Grazia Swan and Ritter Ames, and it was so good to spend time with Lella, Kate and Meg again.
Lester Allen
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lots of Halloween spooks to go around. Join in the fun with more stories and new people.

Here is your chance to read these fun Halloween stories a d find some new series you might have missed. They range from murders to mysteries and getting to meet new people with more stories to be told. I know I have found some new series I want to check out.
Joann Clifton-manske
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Mystery Tales

I have to say I was abit disappointed by this book of short stories. A few were good but the vast majority were mystery stories that happened to take place at Halloween. No e of them were the least bit scary and some unfortunately weren't even very well written. I'd skip this collection & sticks with authors you know.
Nola Arganbright
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Fun stories of Halloween

A varied group of Halloween cozy mysteries to put you in the Spirit if the day. I loved each story. They were all excellently written and filled with quirky characters, a wide range of p!it's and loving sleuths.
Pauline
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
W o wonderful collection of short stories

Each cozy tale has a paranormal element. All are well written. Thoroughly enjoyed this collection. This book is a wonderful gift for Halloween.
Anne
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm not normally a short story kind of gal. But this one fit the bill this busy week. I discovered a couple of new authors and a new series and enjoyed some old friends as well. Very fun Halloween stories.
Lisa Hibbard
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good mystery anthology

This is a nine-story anthology of mysteries that is paranormal as well. Each story is engrossing, fun and easy to read. Great to read on lazy days when it's cold and snowy and all you want to do is curl up under the covers - that's what I did.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Ritter Ames is the USA Today Bestselling author of the Organized Mysteries series and the Bodies of Art Mysteries series. When she's not writing or brainstorming new mysteries Ritter is usually trying to get her favorite yellow Lab to stay out of the pond, or keep her grouchy black cat from trying to give the dog away on Freecycle. Ritter would love to live on a boat and write from far flung locat ...more
More about Ritter Ames

Sarah Booth Delaney (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Them Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #1)
  • Buried Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #2)
  • Splintered Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #3)
  • Crossed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #4)
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #5)
  • Bones To Pick (Sarah Booth Delaney, #6)
  • Ham Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #7)
  • Wishbones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #8)
  • Greedy Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #9)
  • Bone Appetit (Sarah Booth Delaney, #10)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Mind's Eye (Inspector Van Veeteren #1)
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
  • The Secret Mother