Start by marking “The Attraction File (Cake Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Attraction File (Cake Love, #2)

The Attraction File

(Cake Love #2)

She's Cold. He's Hot. When they get together they burn.

Published September 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Attraction File, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Attraction File

MiDouradoP
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Cold meets hot, it melts!

This is a standalone about Edgar and Evaleen, that is also a part of the Cake Love series. As I said before, I started this series backwards. The first book I read was actually the last one in this series (The Spy Ring), and it got me hooked. And since that book I was curious about Edgar and Evaleen!

Then, when I read Rules of Payne, I got even more intrigued. but when I started to read it, it was even better than what I was expecting!

Edgar and Evaleen and polar opp
Coco.V
Jul 18, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (7/18/2018)!💝

Blurb:
She's Cold. He's Hot. When they get together they burn.

Evaleen Bechmann is too busy running Human Resources for the billion dollar company, Mimir, to even consider dating. As for emotions, she refuses to discuss that too. It doesn't matter anyway. She's invisible to men, especially one man in particular. Evaleen is fine with that. Not everyone gets their happily ever after, that's only for novels.

Edgar Mirmir is a Nordic god to some, a tech-savvy genius
Elizabeth Lynx
Sep 18, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-actual-books
Hey Goodread Readers!
I wanted to give everyone a sneak peek at The Attraction File. So, here is an excerpt from Evaleen & Edgar's story -

“It’s ten forty-five, almost time for the Brooks Bomb. I told Payne on Friday that this would be your first day back but he had meetings out of the office all morning.” I said.
I turned to head back to my office but stopped as Morgana yelled out for me. “Maybe I’ll take an early lunch. You up for it?”
I was about to tell her no, that I had some work that nee
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ratula
3.5 stars!

I was very interested in reading Edgar and Evaleen's story in the The Attraction File. It was a fantastic addition to the series as I really loved their chemistry and his devotion to her.

We first met Evaleen Bechmann as the upright and rigid woman running Human Resources for the billion dollar company, Mimir, in House of Payne. She had a reputation of being unfriendly, emotionless, cold and too busy to even consider dating. But she has always had a crush on the one man she feels invisi
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
I have to be honest. I struggled to finish this one, and I hate saying that but it’s the truth. I just couldn’t get into the story; I felt no connection to it. I don’t know if it is that I don’t mesh well with the author or if it was just I wasn’t interested when I started it but whatever the case may be, The Attraction File Just sadly didn’t work for me.
Sassy Southern
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book in the Cake Love Series. In this story you have Evaleen and Edgar. They are also in the characters from the first book. There is also Morgana and Henrick in this book. But they are more side characters.
When you first meet Evaleen you think of her as a stuck up person. Edgar is one of the head honchos of the company. And is very easy on the eyes. Lol. In this book you learn more about Evaleen and start to understand her. Also you realize that even though Edgar can have any
Dana
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it

I was laughing from page 1! The humor that went along with the romance was spot on. The character development was perfect! I loved Edgar and Evaleen were so perfect together!!!

I would recommend this to my fellow book friends.
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Elizabeth Lynx did it once again, she wrote another wonderful love story. It was a very emotional book I laughed, cried a little, and felt a bit helpless. I felt like I became part of the book throughout reading it.

I thought it was funny when Evaleen first met Edgar; he was the stranger at the coffee shop, that she practically molested. The same day she had her interview at Mimir with his brother Jacob. I loved how they fought their attraction for each other till they just can't anymore. They h
Char Sowers
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been a fan of Evaleen Bechmann ever since Eliza beth Lynx released her first version of "Rules of Payne". I am partial to intelligent, snarky, vulnerable ball-susting heroines and Evaleen is that Heroine's Poster Girl. Her Hero Edgar is a scrumptious Beta Hero (another favorite). He allows Evaleen to set the pace for their relationship then he guides her as a partner. My big issue with "The Attraction File" is a Red Herring that might not be a Red Herring. There are no satisfactory explanat ...more
Busy Bees
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Star Rating - ****

The second book in the Cake Love series The Attraction Files I was yet again drawn in by the blurb. A secret crush on the sexy guy that doesn't even know you exist is enough to have every girl picking up the book in commiseration, only to find out that he likes you to when things get a little more steamy at your next encounter.

This author writes a hot story it's a little disjointed in places but I think that's with the authors need to cram as much plot in there as she can wanti
Mellissa Fraley
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Attraction File by Elizabeth Lynx is the second in the "Cake Love" series. This story is about Evaleen and Edgar who we met in the first book, Rules of Payne. The two books overlap a little bit, so you can see how they occur in the overall timeline of events. I loved this story. I didn't fall in love with them right away, after all Evaleen wasn't my favorite character in the first book. The character development was well done, and believable. You don't necessarily understand right away, and ...more
For the love  Of romance
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first read by the author and I chose the book purely based on the blurb. I'm a bit in two minds about the book. I liked the storyline, the mystery, the twists and turns. I loved the chemistry between Edgar and Evaleen. But I just felt like the story was a bit slow and it took me a while to get into. Normally I get absorbed in a book and with this book I just didn't feel the need to keep on reading to find out what is happening.
Don't get me wrong, this a good book, there's some hot lov
Becky Wise
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I adored the first book in this series Rules of Payne. But I absolutely love The Attraction File. Evaleen has that sassy attitude. You will love her and the rest of the ladies in SWIM Meet. You wonder why she sees herself the way she does. Why she hides her other part of her. When you add in Edgar wowza. Edgar slowly breaks down the walls and its amazing to see her transformation. Edgar oh Edgar. He is swoon worthy material that's for sure. This is an amazing read. I really don't want to give aw ...more
Cee Cee Houston
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed The Rules of Payne, the first book in this new series by Elizabeth Lynx but this one, The Attraction File is even better. I was such a great, sweetly sensual love story, in an emotion-filled tale. I laughed, cried, maybe even wanted to pull my hair a little bit at times.
Evaleen and Edgar are a great couple, their first meeting before her interview was so funny it made me laugh out loud. It was like being a fly on the wall watching the sexual tension brewing as they fought their
Reckless Readers
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
You should read book 1 Rules of Payne before starting The Attraction File, this book does overlap slightly from the first but gives us a different POV.

Evaleen Bechmann is the Head of HR at Mirmir & Edgar is the head of IT. This is a true tale of opposites attract. I love how Edgar see past Evaleen's beauty and falls in love with all of her other qualities. Their chemistry is a back and forth that will give you whiplash but it is so worth it to get to the end. I loved how their past and pres
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Romcom at its finest! The Cake Love series is hot, funny, sweet and just a bit nerdy which makes it an awesome read overall!

Evaleen is a busy bee and blends in to the background and she's perfectly good with that. She does her job and no one takes notice of her. Including her hot boss, CEO of the company she works for.

Edgar has a dream life: millionaire playboy who doesn't wont for money or companionship. Except for the one that got away. When suddenly, there she is!

I love the laughs in this b
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
"I went into this book without having read the first one; which I think you don't really need to read the first one, but it does give the back story for a couple of the characters that appear in The Attraction File.

I would recommend this to my fellow book friends."
Monique
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing... loved every word. This book had me hooked from start to finish. The romance was so good and sweet. It makes you laugh, maybe even cry a little and it has it moments where it leaves you guessing what is going to happen with Edgar and Evaleen. Take a chance and read this book and fall in love with the characters like I did. Very interesting and it's a must read.
Jeune
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had it in my mind that Evaleen's story could in no way be as fun as Morgana and Henrik book. But I found myself laughing out loud and truly enjoying this tale. Evaleen and Edgar steamed up my tablet. Great job.
Aaly
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Lynx did it again!! I adored the Cake Love series. The characters are colorful, utterly awkward and a bit crazy, I was entertained and I got hooked until the end. Add in the mix a hint of emotional moments and some suspense, I was sold!

Full review to come!
Konny
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Attraction File by Elizabeth Lynx is the second book in the Cake Love Series. Every book can easily be read as a standalone, there are only few crossover.
This is Evaleen and Edgars story.
Evaleen is the head of human resources of Mimir, the Internet retailer. Shes a professionell woman and maintains the picture of a cold and calculted woman. But under her cols shell beats a hell of a hot heart. She had a crush on Edgar for a long time. Edgar is the founders brother and head of IT at Mimir.
The
Rebecca
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
I loved this book and will look forward to reading the rest of this series.The author made me cry and laugh at the same time. she is a very good author and I will keep this book in my personal collection to read over and over
Sally Giglio-dauda price
An amazing read

Had me so on the edge of my seat I could not put it down! Will make you blush but a fantastic storyline for someone who loves romance with a twist of adventure
Lou
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Attraction File is the second book in the Cake Love series by Elizabeth Lynx. It is the story of Evaleen & Edgar. The two books in this series overlap slightly which only serves to clarify the order in which the events take place.

Evalen was never my favourite character in the first book but I was still curious to find out more about her & what makes her tick. In the beginning Evaleen made me wonder why she behaves the way she does & why she sees herself the way she does. The more
Joanne Carr
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Evaleen was younger she fled her mothers house to get away from her mothers boyfriend. It just so happened that Edgar was waiting for Damien when he sees Evaleen climbing out of her window. Evaleen was the head of HR at Mimir Company where she was head over heels for Edgar Mimir. But he had no interest in her so she thought. Evaleen was waiting in line to get her coffee but the women in front was taking so long and she had a interview shortly. Evaleen tapped the women in front and when she ...more
Desiree
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to Cake Love part 2. This is Evaleen and Edgar's funny, hot & steamy story.
They'd met years before in a coffee shop when Evaleen was on her way to a job interview. Evaleen felt things she'd never felt before. This man, whom she'd mistake for a female, sent shock waves through her. Little did she know at that time, she'd be working at the same company with the gorgeous man she'd just referred to as 'Miss.'
Evaleen lives with her mom and has never experienced love. She's a romance write
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Are you ready to laugh, cry, swoon, and be completely captivated by another entertaining read from Elizabeth Lynx?

Good because she brings us another exciting adventure in the Cake Love series.

Edgar and Evaleen have a deep attraction right from the start, although they attempt to fight it. And when they stop fighting, it get's hot, hot, hot.

It gets a little rocky when the past comes back to haunt them, but it's how they work through it that makes this couple endearing.

Edgar is hero that will make
Melissa Feist
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Edgar and Evaleen's story was brilliant. Coming off Henrik and Morgana's crazy, zany and sexy escapades I wondered where we'd go. Not a moment was wasted or recycled, it was completely their story. I can't give away anything, but each characters backstory exposed you to how Evaleen became so guarded and what Edgar was essentially trying to...right? Forget? You have to read to understand these two, but man it's so rich and layered, not your average or typical RomCom. I LOVE Evaleen's strength and ...more
Astha
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: do-not-fuck
Well it took me good 12 minutes to put this book in a particular shelf .

I dont know what am I suppose to say about this book at some point I liked it and some at some point I felt I cannot connect with this particular book .I wont say my brains wifi did not get any network but it was as bad as trying to find it in a jungle.
With such a uptight heroine it made me feel its only good for those who would like to have a slice of real life with actual real life problems.

So in simple words those who lov
Fleur
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I was stoked the next book was about Evaleen as I knew there was so much more to her than her despise of Payne and frumpy outfits and boy was I right! Evaleen shares many a secret about herself in this book some will make you giggle while others make you sad and angry and the fact that Edgar has known her longer than she thought. This story is deeper than the first and shows you the real vulnerability Evaleen has as well as another side of Edgar that is not his flirty self but a guy he has deep ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I'm an indie author that writes steamy romantic comedies and erotic romance.
VISIT MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE:

VISIT MY FACEBOOK AUTHOR PAGE:

CHECK MY NEWSLETTER:

HANG WITH ME IN MY FACEBOOK FAN GROUP:

FIND ME ON TWITTER:

Cake Love (4 books)
  • Rules of Payne (Cake Love, #1)
  • One Wild Ride (Cake Love, #3)
  • The Spy Ring (Cake Love, #4)