Start by marking “Embers in the Sea (Fire in the Woods, #3)” as Want to Read:
Embers in the Sea (Fire in the Woods, #3)

Embers in the Sea

(Fire in the Woods #3)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Alien scientist David has dealt with disappointment his entire life, but failing to breathe life into the planet Mars is his greatest regret. Out of options and in need of a new home for their people, the alien Caretakers rekindle their plan to inhabit Earth. First they will have to eliminate the human race, including Jess, the only human David holds dear.

Humanity has one
Published January 31st 2017 by Month9Books

To ask other readers questions about Embers in the Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Embers in the Sea

Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Rating: 4.5 stars

First off, this is the third book in a series by Jennifer M. Eaton. If you haven't read the first two – and you really should – check them out using the covers below! Needless to say, this review will have spoilers for the first two. Consider yourself warned.

I have been waiting for this book. What you need to understand is that I have a minor obsession with David the purple alien. It's like with Th

Sharon Hughson
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the third installment to this series. I really didn't think Eaton could give me more gut-wrenching moments or blow my mind with twists after ASHES. Wrong.
This book takes us inside David's mind and life in a way we haven't been before. We understand more about the unique tie between them and how it happened. And we discover an incredible, self-absorbed, deep sea dwelling race of creatures. I would say aliens, but they might pre-date humans' existence.
David wants to save Jess and Mars. Jess
Linda
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED IT, what an understatement. Oh Jennifer, I bet your parents (wherever they are) are so very proud of you, you have created something so magical with this series featuring David & Jess. The series all real page turners full of suspense and your fantastic out of this world imagination. I'm so glad I stumbled across the 1st book. As cute as Edgar sounds I still don't think I'd like to meet him in person! What were you thinking letting Australia go first??? To anyone contemplating this s ...more
Hannah Michaels
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
What. A. Finish. 10/10 did not see that coming. David and Jess are forever one of my favorite alien and photographed duos, and the thing I liked most about this trilogy is the three very distinct settings in each book. It didn't feel like we were returning to the same place over and over. There was diversity, there was action. There wasn't a lull in the books and especially this one. Forbidden love anyone? ;) highly recommend if you want a change of pace! Romance, aliens, action, adventure. What ...more
kelly {BookCrushin}
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full review is on BookCrushin blog on 2/7/17!

"Each time our lips met, a renewed energy surged through the contact."

Embers in the Sea is the third book in the Fire in the Woods series by Jennifer M. Eaton; there may possibly be some minor spoilers from the previous two books in this review, however I always do my best to keep my reviews spoiler-free. I loved the previous books in this series and highly recommend you pick them up if you love out of this world romance!

Embers in the Sea starts up tw
April
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book starts a start two years after the Ashes in the Sky and Jess is away at Columbia, trying to concentrate on schoolwork avoiding people that want to take her picture, and trying not to think about David. Then David shows up and tells her Earth is in danger of the scourge again if he cannot figure out how to make it rain on Mars, which starts this new adventure.
I absolutely love this series; it is a great blend of roman
Stephanie Cassidy
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for the Month9Books' Embers in the Sea Blog Tour.

Jess and David, once again, went on a wild adventure. This time, for Mars to have rain. I could not stop reading it once I started. I absolutely love this series and I really hope there is another book coming! Jess having some sarcasm and David combatting it with his own...the Earth being in danger, again.......I loved it all. I definitely recommend reading this book!!!
Erika
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc, ebook, january
I received a free e-copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

It's been two years since the end of the last book and Jess is away at Columbia, trying to concentrate on schoolwork, avoid people that want to take her picture, and not think about David the alien or the fact he hasn't come back to Earth to visit. And then he just shows up in his new spaceship to tell her Earth is in danger of the scourge again if he can't figure out how to make it rain on Mars.

This begin
Luna
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let me start of by saying "daammmnnn" Jennifer really kicked this book up a notch.

Embers in the sea really heated up in the best sense. With non stop action, saucy scenes that you can't help pant at and cliff hangers that will leave you screaming.

I felt so sorry for Jess and David, they just can't seem to catch a break! They need a vacation after this book.

Maddy
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, this book was good.

The only thing I though could have been different was that t just seemed like too much was happening. It was just one struggle after another and the plot seemed frazzled.

However, I still really love this series and I can't wait for the next one!
Shaila
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read this! I flew through Books 1 and 2 :)
iamnotabookworm
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book of the Fire in the Woods series. I have read the three books in succession, one after the other. I was so into it. It was such an awesome experience. This series took me to the skies and to outer space, to the depths of the Marianas Trench and finally to Mars. It was truly an out-of-this-world experience.

Embers in the Sea maybe the third book but I think it is not yet the last. The ending in this book hinted of more adventures to come for both Jess and David. Things did n
Allison
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
It got to be super repetitive and a little boring. Also, what was that ending?? That made zero sense.
Alyz Hall
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
spoiler alert!

wtf kind of ending is that????? all i have to say for now. will update this at some point....
Kester Nucum
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received a free electronic ARC copy of this book from the publisher for review consideration from being part of the blog tour. This will not affect my review.

The Fire in the Woods Trilogy is one of the only series I have ever completed, and I am so glad I did! Embers in the Sea was as action-packed and engrossing as the first two books–there were times where I felt transported into the text, battling villains and trying to save the world! Although it might have not given me a ton o
Katelyn
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer you have done it yet again! Another show-stopper for the books! Embers in The Sea was so much fun to read, I loved it. I was so excited that I was chosen for this blog tour, and I was so excited to hop into Jess's and David's worlds again, I missed them so much! I loved how adventurous this one was. There was such an array of settings, new characters as well as old ones, and plot twists that captivated from the very first page, to the last line. I loved how in this one readers are taken ...more
Shivira
Jul 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars. Not my favorite from the series. I felt I was going circles over and over. The end was not satisfying for me. I like the author and the story but I felt the last book was not her best. Did liked the other 2 books of this series.
Emily H Phillips
Mickala
Aug 08, 2018
Dax Buchelli)
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Embers in the Sea is a gripping Science Fiction sequel with unlimited action. When Jess Martinez sets out to save the world (yet again), she leaves behind all she knows and joins former partner and Erescopian alien, David.

Both Jess and David appeared to be well-rounded characters, with quirks that I came to love. Joining their sea-exploring journey was ten-legged arachnid, Edgar. Edgar made for a loveable pet and companion, much to my own surprise. I've never liked arachnids, or spiders (too man
Tiwana
Nov 29, 2017
BookLover89
Jan 18, 2018
Jennifer M. Eaton hails from the eastern shore of the North American Continent on planet Earth. Yes, regrettably, she is human, but please don’t hold that against her.

While not traipsing through the galaxy looking for specimens for her space moth collection, she lives with her wonderfully supportive husband and three energetic offspring. (And a poodle who runs the spaceport when she’s not around.)

Fire in the Woods (3 books)
  • Fire in the Woods (Fire in the Woods, #1)
  • Ashes in the Sky (Fire in the Woods, #2)