Start by marking “The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 2 (The Girl from the Other Side, #2)” as Want to Read:

The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 2

(The Girl From the Other Side #2)

Untouchable

To be touched by an Outsider is to become an Outsider. A clawed, black hand reaches out to touch Shiva's cheek in her sleep. The hand does not belong to Teacher. Who is this strange new Outsider, and what do its creepy murmurings about "mother" portend?

Enter a fantasy realm shrouded in mystery, in a dark fairy tale-like setting for fans of The Ancient Magus' Bri
Published May 16th 2017 by Seven Seas (first published September 10th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Girl from the Other Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl from the Other Side

David Schaafsma
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stories about traveling to “the other side” include Stranger Things (The Upside Down) and Neil Gaiman’s Coraline. The Girl from the Other Side is fantasy, involving two kingdoms; it appears to be dark fantasy, richly atmospheric, with an increasing sense of foreboding regarding—again, as in the above stories--a vulnerable little girl in peril. This volume largely features the relationship between young Shiva and (seemingly? in appearance only? demonic) Teacher. He appears to be her protector and ...more
Victoria ♡
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-manga
I'm loving this series so much it's so eerie
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more manga and graphic novel reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

A quiet fairy tale begins in a land distant and hazy where there are two kingdoms. The Inside is where humans cower worried the twisted beasts of the Outside will come a curse them with a touch. A young girl named Shiva lives on the other side, in a vacant village with a demonic guardian known only as “Teacher.” And so starts our tale... a little girl comes to rely on an inhuman beast...

I ADORED the first volume of The G
Elizabeth A
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Just take a look at the cover art. It's a good example of how wonderful the art is in this Manga series.

This installment of the story shed more light on this dark fairy tale of a story. To be touched by a monster makes you a monster, and Shiva has been touched by one. What will happen to her?

There are some wonderful sections in this one, especially surrounding the relationship between young Shiva and Teacher. However, there are also sections (the lake and creatures for example) that do not make
Maija
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, comics-manga, own
The art is so beautiful.
Alexandra
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
this one was good but nowhere near as good as the first volume. i was kind of bored by the big lake and the dog-like creatures. some of it seemed like filler. actually a lot of it did.

but the ending was another cliffhanger! and it was really interesting and i can't wait to get to the next volume and figure out what's going on. i have really come to love Teacher and Shiva and i hope they can stay together forever 💕💙😥 we shall see what happens!

i really wish the 4th volume was coming out sooner th
Neil R. Coulter
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When David Lynch was making the original Twin Peaks series, he said that he really had no intention of ever revealing who killed Laura Palmer. Rather, Lynch wanted to continue peeling away the layers of the town and its residents, always learning just a little more, but never finding the ultimate solution.

I'm thinking about that as I read through Nagabe's amazing The Girl from the Other Side series. Nagabe seems to share Lynch's delight in simply letting one scene transition to the next, always
Etienne
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4,5/5. This series is such a good one so far! Even if I was expecting a bit more from the story evolution in this one, the characters, illustrations and story are still very strong. The first one was better, but definitely a god one anyway and I will be looking into the next one during the nexts fews days!
Aleksandra
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I like this volume as much as the previous one. It has soothing calm atmosphere, but at the same time a lot happened in this volume.

Shiva is my second favorite kid after Kanna (Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid). If anything bad happens to Shiva...
Liz
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Oh, the anguish! I couldn't read fast enough- as fast as the right to left reading allowed me to! :) - Enjoying the story a lot- the artwork is brilliant and the plot truly thickens with the Insiders and the ... the.. other creatures! The ending left me wanting to know more...
Jack Stark
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Check out this review on my blog - Random Melon Reads

Oh my. This story. These characters. The setting. The overall feeling. I love it so much.

Do you remember back in the day three days ago when I fell in love with book 1?! No? Well, read my review of it here. Well, I instantly jumped on Amazon and bought book 2 in the hope that the story continues to be amazing. I was not disappointed!! The story continues to be amazing.

Book 2 has everything that I loved from book 1 plus more. In
 The Black Geek
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
I will reserve a review of this book for a later date. Needless to say, I am not interested in reading volume three. I will be perfectly content with brushing up on fractal geometry and the first chapter of my old high school calculus textbook (as stated in previous comments & updates on this book)😔
Sandra
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aaaah, vol 2 was as good as the first one! I'm so fascinated by the world the author has created, and I love the drawing style. I love where the story is going as well.

I have to wait for forever for the next one.... :(
daisy
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5-3.75!

Art is as lovely as always, but not a lot really happened tbh - it felt kinda filler-y. Still really enjoying it, though!
Mike
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
On par with the first volume. Great little series developing here.

Review: https://derailmentsofthought.wordpres...
Ryan Michael
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't love this series more. It's warm, thoughtful, sad, and funny. The black and white art convey so many emotions by itself. I'm going to try not to read the next two volumes too quickly, but no promises.
Kaisu
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nach der Vorgeschichte, geht es hier nun ins Detail. Am offenen Ende des Bandes merkt man, wie sehr einem Shiva (das Mädchen) und ihr Doktor ans Herz gewachsen sind.
Ana
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series keeps the mystery going, but makes you care about the characters and be patient. You want answers, but you also enjoy the quiet little moments between Shiva and her Teacher.

Megan (ReadingRover)
This series is sooo good!!! It definitely keeps me wanting more. What exactly is “mother” though? Just a pit that wants souls? I can’t get through these fast enough.
Mangrii
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 / 5

Igual de misterioso que el primer tomo, Nagabe nos narra otros 5 capítulos en los que en realidad, nada se desvela. Y creo que ese es el mayor problema de este segundo tomo. La historia no avanza. Descubrimos un poco de la cultura de los seres del exterior, vemos alguna cosa de los seres del interior, y vivimos varios momentos cotidianos entre Shiva y el Doctor que apenas aportan. Nagabe planta la semilla de algunos misterios, pero nunca obtenemos una respuesta a nada. Sin embargo, recono
Dani (ダニ)
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I absolutely loved the first volume and I was hoping the second one doesn't disappoint and it didn't. It was amazing and so mysterious and dark and I love it so much. This is exactly the type of story I love. Like the first volume, this one left on a cliffhanger and I really want the 3rd book. This story is amazing and definitely one of my favourite Manga Series at the moment.
Kitkat
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I honestly am really confused on what Shiva is but I really like the book. Shiva is an adorable child with teacher who is the protective parent figure. I honestly I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Vanessa
Nach dem erstem Band hatte ich doch einige Erwartungen und habe gehofft, dass der zweite Band mich weiter in die seltsame Welt trägt und mich verzaubert.
Ich bin aber doch eher enttäuscht. Mich hat die Handlung nicht mitgerissen, gefesselt oder wirkte spannend auf mich.
Ich möchte schon sehr gern wissen wie es mit der kleinen Shiva weitergeht, allerdings habe ich doch Zweifel, dass die Geschichte mich noch richtig packen kann.
Patty
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
** 3.5 stars **

I have more questions now! I kind of feel like nothing really happened when actually quite a bit did happen, I think I just wanted it at a faster pace. I now need to try and track down vol 3 since my library doesn’t have it :(
Chrissie
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Shiva has been touched by a "cursed" one and Teacher fears she too is cursed. Teacher and Shiva go off to search for the monster that "cursed" her and it leads them to a pond. Teacher jumps into the pond to find the "mother" this cursed being mentions. Meanwhile, Shiva is waiting by the bank for Teacher to come back up to the surface. What Teacher learns about the curse is a mystery. He is worried about Shiva thinking eventually she will turn black and be a "beast" like himself.

The humans who l
Jenna
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this volume. This series is so cute and I love Shiva and teacher. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Priscilla (Bookie Charm)
*3.5 stars
This is a super creepy fairytale story with haunting art that grows on me more and more with each volume.
Angie
This is not quite as good as the first volume and parts of it were confusing but once we finally get some answers in future volumes I'm hoping it will all make sense. Some of the panels were also super dark so it was hard to make out what exactly was going on in some scenes but overall I still enjoyed it and am look forward to what comes next. My favorite bit had to be the Outsider who gets his head chopped off and spends the rest of the book carrying it around. A perfect blend of funny and cree ...more
Reija
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I liked this volume, but it does suffer a bit from second book syndrome.
There's a lot of set up for the mystery of the curse and the book ends in a cliffhanger.

The middle part of the book is pretty much just the two main characters mulling about and not really talking about anything important, because that might advance the story.
Their shenanigans are really cute and Shiva is a cinnamon roll, but at times I just wanted to smack Teacher on the head, because at some point you just want him to fess
Maria Maier
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-2017
See also ながべ.

The Girl From the Other Side (7 books)
  • The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 1 (The Girl from the Other Side, #1)
  • The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 3 (The Girl from the Other Side, #3)
  • とつくにの少女 4 [Totsukuni no Shoujo 4] (The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún, #4)
  • とつくにの少女 5 [Totsukuni no Shoujo 5] (The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún, #5)
  • とつくにの少女 6 [Totsukuni no Shoujo 6] (The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún, #6)
  • The Girl From The Other Side: Siúil A Rún Vol. 7