Start by marking “The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 7” as Want to Read:
The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 7

The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 7

(The Ancient Magus' Bride #7)

Lullaby, and Good Night...

After mistakenly putting Elias under a sleeping spell, Chise can't find a way to wake him up! She turns to Angie for help, and brews a potion meant to undo the spell--but the process is so exhausting, Chise ends up falling asleep herself. Upon entering a dream world, she crosses paths with the person she least expected: Cartaphilus. But something'
Published July 3rd 2017 by Seven Seas (first published March 10th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 7, please sign up.
doctor The 8th book has not been released in Japan yet (still being published tho!) 7 releases July 4th in America, 8 in Japan mid-September... 8 in America…moreThe 8th book has not been released in Japan yet (still being published tho!) 7 releases July 4th in America, 8 in Japan mid-September... 8 in America will probably be next year :C(less)

Shannon
I absolutely adore this series. It's full of just the right mix of fantasy, romance, mystery, comedy ... I can't sing its praises enough. And I'd be lying if I didn't say some of the lessons Chise and others learn didn't make me think about myself and my world.

I just want this to go on forever.
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
The Ancient Magus, Vol. 7 continues where Vol. 6 left off on it's cliffhanger.

As always the artwork is superb and in classic Yamazaki style we're kept guessing in this installment. This volume centers on the alchemist college and meeting some of Renfred's colleagues there. The dragons are pulled in and so is Chise's past. It's a whole tangled mess of excitement and unexpected twists by the end.

This was enjoyable.

Rated: 3 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more manga and graphic novel reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

We first meet Chise, chained by the neck and wrists being passed over to her new owner, a bone-headed mage whose name she learns later is Elias. A penniless orphan sold on the black market she learns about herself, the magical world filled with fairies and other fantastical creatures as well as what it means to be a part of a family. Her new life as a mage's apprentice is just the beginning as it comes with the secondary
Lauren
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
How I love old Bonehead and Chise! <3

This volume read like two separate halves - the first half I found to be quite slow and a bit pointless really but the second half was full of action and that cliffhanger!! Damn it...I’m going to have to pick up vol. 8 now.

RTC
Shawna (BacchusVines)
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
WHAT THE HECK WAS WITH THAT ENDING?!!?!

NEED VOLUME 8 NOW!
Iryna *Book and Sword*
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, manga-app
Still good, but kind of cluttered?
All of the alchemists talking about magic and alchemy differences feels very info dumpy. And it's making me a tad bored.

I prefer Elias' house setting, and nature - calmer times. But we will see where it goes.

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG
Kitkat
Mar 30, 2019 added it
FREAKING CLIFF HANGERS!
Brandon
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Just kinda meh, sadly. The real detriment to manga is their over-reliance on cliffhanger chapters to keep you coming back. I understand that most of these are published in magazines originally, but it's still kind of frustrating to come back to a series and have to think "wait...what's happening?"

This series continues to be little more than an exposition dump with characters. Although this time around you did get some fairly interesting character interactions and they finally seem to be laying g
BumfuzzledNerd
Die Beziehung zwischen Elias und Chise ist in diesem Band irgendwie seltsam. Vor allem am Anfang ist es etwas seltsam und creepy.
Miriam
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, graphic
We learn more about the alchemists and their College.
Viviana Almendra Rehbein
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
DEFINITIVAMENTE MI NUEVA AMBICION!!!
Sam
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
WTF with that ending?! Ruth is my absolute favorite and I want one!!! This series is quickly finding its way to the top of my favorite manga series list. There is so much happening and it's original and magical and new to me. I want it to never stop. Also, who do we have to wait nearly a YEAR for the next one?!?! NOT HAPPY!!!
Annie (Putt)
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Solid 3.5/3.74 star read.

This review applies to most of my current Ancient Magus' Bride reads, so prepare for a copy and paste to each.

While the story started off with a lot of explanation to the world and the magic, this series has delved into the confusion of itself, whether that be due to the story writing styles of Japan or translations, as this is a feature I notice in many manga.

There is an emphasis on unnamed issues, feelings, and peoples which can leave the reader confused and distanced
Douglas Cootey
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrowed, fantasy, manga
Slow, fractured beginning; dramatic ending. This volume disappointed me at first. I realize I read the last volume months ago, but the beginning fifth or so of this volume was confusing with frequent flashbacks interspersed with vague descriptors and exposition. Only after the dream sequence did the volume begin to have a driving focus. Then the widened cast of characters were no longer confusing or distracting, but all dedicated to moving the plot forward. Yamazaki successfully tied most of the ...more
Katja
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The series is awesome but I didn't like this volume as much as the last one. There's a conclusion to the cliffhanger of the vol. 6 but it's a bit of let-down because although Chise says some wise things and so on, it felt a bit non-resolve. Maybe they come back to it later, dunno.

The new arc starts somewhat confusingly but looks to be interesting case with good chances for characters to grow. Chise keeps taking herself to the limits of her strength despite everybody warning her against it and I
Chelsea Gouin
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Elias is in his crazy demon form and has Chise locked in his grip, refusing to let go. This is a great moment for Chise's character as she is mature enough to assess how Elias is feeling, even if he can't. She's able to summon her staff and save herself, just as Ruth shows up to help. She also brews a potion to help a sick Elias but over exerts herself...again...and then is connected in the Dreamscape with the Alchemist for a bit of uncomfortable background. Also, some dragons get kidnapped and ...more
Rod Brown
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I spent the first half of this volume trying to remember who the hell all these dozens of characters are and what's going on. By the time the dragon auction began, I felt myself getting drawn in again, but just barely. Maybe I should wait until I can read two or three volumes at a time before continuing with this series.
DonutKnow
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Jessica (HighFantasyFanatic)
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, manga, 2017
Oh Damn! I can't believe i have to wait till february to find out what happens next.
Teresa Sporrer
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was ist das nur für ein Ende O_O
Lavonia Reid
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga, fantasy
I love the progress that all the characters are making. Elias and Chise's relationship is really helping them develop as "people".
Shala
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The direction of this series intrigues me so much! I can't stop reading it! Sadly there is only one more volume out right now!
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
A volume of action and drama that shows how much the characters, especially Chise, have grown and developed. The art continues to be top notch, and the pacing was brisk and riveting. Remains a favorite ongoing manga.
Katy
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fantasy manga fans
Shelves: manga-comics
Although the plot does progress a bit in this volume, it feels very much like a filler installment. The first half of the volume is wrapping up the storyline from volume 6 and not much else. The second half has a new plot development, but I don't know, it felt very slow and not as much fun. Still, the art is exquisite and the characters are fun. I'm hoping that volume 8 will be more fun, making this just a typical bridge volume--not great, but not bad.
Olivia Im
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, 2017-reads
An excellent read, am eagerly anticipating more!
Kate
With each new volume of this series, I am again amazed at the beautiful artwork and lovely storytelling. My only complaint is that these volumes don't come out soon enough! Highly recommended.
Karissa
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the seventh volume in the Ancient Magus Bride series. This was another very well done volume in this series. I continue to enjoy this series a lot.

In this volume Chise works a potion to help wake Elias up after she accidentally spells him to sleep. Then Chise and Elias receive word that Cartaphilus has stolen some dragon hatchlings. Chise calls on contacts from her past to find out where the hatchlings are being auctioned off. However things get out of control when the dragon steals magi
honeybean
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
:( Chise's continual drain of energy continues... leaving with a cliffhanger for Vol 8! I thought the tie-back to Chise's personal auction was interesting (although sad; I really felt for the little dragon) but I think having all the mages was a bit confusing. I'm also not super keen on one of them being named Adolf - with the other names so carefully crafted and interestingly tied to the Holocaust (the main horrible mage is Josef) it seems odd now that a supposed positive character is named Ado ...more
Lula Lavender
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read my full review over on The Purrfect Yarn.

Kore Yamazaki's mystical manga is absolutely spellbinding, and this volume is no exception.

As I've found with the previous volumes, my favourite moments are the sweet, everyday interactions between the characters so I really enjoyed the section where Chise met up with Angelica and her family.

While the artwork is beautiful, it's the strong thread of story and the developing relationship between Chise and Elias that keeps me coming back to this seri
Schnekk
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ion
I like this series so much, I decided I really wanted to support the English language publishers and so this is the first volume in the series that I've actually bought rather than gotten from the public library.

It feels like a very in-between volume, starting in the middle of one story and ending in the middle of a new story. I do like that it brought back the auctioneer character from volume 1 and he wasn't a villian, but just another character in the story.

I'm not sure how keen I am on the

• The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 3 (The Girl from the Other Side, #3)
  • The Demon Prince of Momochi House, Vol. 11
  • Cross Game 5 (Cross Game, #10-11)
  • 乙嫁語り 8 [Otoyomegatari 8] (A Bride's Story, #8)
  • Fruits Basket Collector's Edition, Vol. 3
  • Sweetness and Lightning 1
  • ノラガミ 19 (Noragami: Stray God, #19)
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Vol. 15
  • The Earl and The Fairy, Volume 04
Name (in native language) : ヤマザキコレ

Also known as Yamao Mitsu.

The Ancient Magus' Bride (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 1
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 2
  • 魔法使いの嫁 3 [Mahou Tsukai No Yome 3] (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #3)
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 4 (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #4)
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 5
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 6
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 8
  • 特装版 魔法使いの嫁 9 [Mahou Tsukai No Yome 9: Limited Edition] (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #9)
  • 魔法使いの嫁 10 [Mahou Tsukai no Yome 10] (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #10)
  • 魔法使いの嫁 11 [Mahou Tsukai no Yome 11] (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #11)