Start by marking “Wake to Dream” as Want to Read:
Wake to Dream

Wake to Dream

Alice Beaumont is running out of time…

Plagued by sleep disorders since her childhood, Alice had grown accustomed to the nightly dreams that terrorized her. She woke up in strange places. She was paralyzed by fear and hallucinations. She screamed each night at unseen specters and evil faces.

When her sister, Delilah, goes missing, Alice’s dreams take on new meaning. A link b
Published October 12th 2016 by Melissa/Willis (first published October 11th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Wake to Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wake to Dream

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦

description

Every time I get my hands on Lily’s books I know exactly what to expect – a dark, intense, gripping read with many psychological elements that for sure, at some point, will f@cked with my head. Her stories are always brilliant, twisted and hold me at the edge of my seat which I absolutely love. But what I love the most about her stories is the originality behind them. 'Wake to Dream' was addictive and so fantastically written, a great blend of dark, suspenseful and mystery elements that will blo
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 13, 2016 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
4 Stars

description

Lily White delivers one twisty, mind melding read. She had me questioning every memory while gathering clues throughout this well written story. The heroine, Alice Beaumont meets with Dr. Chance to wade through her dreams/nightmares in order to help save her sister, Delilah.

”You can’t help me until I find her. It’s that simple.”

description

The writing is stellar from the first to last page. The continuous feelings of confusion that I had right along with Alice had me on edge, trying to figure out
warhawke
Oct 20, 2016 warhawke rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mind benders
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Type: Standalone
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Alice Beaumont suffered from a multitude of sleep disorder since she was a child, being lost within the fine line of waking and dreaming. With her sister missing, she was running out of time to figure out her sister's whereabouts by distinguishing what's real and what's dream with the help of her therapist, Dr. Chance. In her quest, she found connection with Maximilian Frost, but she never realized how deep she gotten herself
sana  °¤°
Let me tell you, that Lily White knows how to have you completely fucked in the brains and absolutely confused and mind fucked with her stories.

I don't even know how to fucking review this.

TW: Abuse and rape

------
I have just experienced the biggest mind fuck of my life through this fucking book.

I need ten years to process this.

Bye.
Snow

5 "mindfuck" stars

Alice Beaumont is frequently seeing Dr. Chance, a psychologist to resolve the problems of her „dreams“ – night terrors, sleep walking, sleep paralysis – nightmares of the worst kind, that cripple her into „non-functioning“ basically since she was a young girl. Abusive, dysfunctional environment can only scar so much...there's only so much one can take...and never to be able to escape it...but Alice did. Or she tried...
But these nightmares of lately really mess with her existenc
CC
description

As a young girl, Alice Beaumont started to suffer with violent sleep disorders causing her family to keep her isolated as a safety precaution. Into adulthood, the nightmares continued and to reconcile the fears, she tried to take responsibility on her own. Upon meeting a certain man, he seemed to silence her worst terrors but Alice cannot stop her thoughts.

“Maybe one monster is just scarier than the other,” she mused aloud.”

Maximilian “Max” Frost is a distinguished man of means with his own
Elle
4.5* your time is up STARS!!

description

A psychological thriller by Lily White. Of course. For any newbie around the world, just be careful around this woman. She unleashed the devil power to entrapped us in her book. That's why she's my top author for this kind of sh*t.

Alice Beaumont has been suffered with sleeping disorder since a very young age. Her meeting with Dr. Chase regularly to getting back her memories is only way to find her missing sister, Delilah. Session after session finally brings Alice clo
Michelle
Sep 24, 2016 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
BETA READ

Lily White has been missing for the past year but believe me when I tell you she has come back better than ever !

Wake to Dream is 5*++++++++

A book that will pull you in to this twisted tale from the very start and mash your head throughout.

I am not going to go into great details about the story line because anything I refer to will give the game away and trust me you will want to experience this one for yourself.

Remember: Lily White is named The Queen of Darkness for a reason and she ha
Di - Twisted Book Reviews
4.5 Stars!

This book totally fucked me. I'm still scratching my head. If you love mind-trips, you are definitely going to love this one. It's hard to write a review for this book. I mean, I'm not sure I can. I'm not entirely sure I've absorbed all the bits and pieces accurately. I LOVE stories that make you think, make you scramble to figure out the twists. Lily White had the last laugh with this one. I'm pretty sure she laughed like a lunatic when writing the end.

I sat there staring at my kind
Christine
Feb 25, 2017 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Really enjoyed this total mindf*ck.
All the way through I was battling with myself trying to figure out what the hell was going on.
It sunk in but not fully.
Finally in the end the good Doctor explains all, but still left me bloomin confused.
This is the sort of book to go on my read again pile.

Shabby- BookBistroBlog
Oct 15, 2016 Shabby- BookBistroBlog rated it it was amazing
Apparently Lily had been ill for the most of this year. Getting treatment. Whatever the hell she took......it tuned her already devious brain to absolute razor sharpness. And she's conjured this masterpiece.
I'm astounded !
All through the book, I highlighted lines, passages, instances.
They're all for nothing. Zero. Zilch !
The story of Maximillian Frost and Alice Beaumont turned on its axis 4 times .
Four. Whopping. Times!!!. It's completely what you would NEVER EVER guess!. Alice's brain plays
'Q' aka CoCo
Oct 25, 2016 'Q' aka CoCo rated it really liked it
Alice is an interesting character. Plagued by a multitude of sleep disorders, her mind is an absolute mess, unable to distinguish between nightmare and reality.

The book goes back and forth between her therapy sessions with Dr. Chance and flashback scenes in RL time, at least from Alice's POV and how she remembers it. This is where it gets tricky. She is telling Dr. Chance about her dreams, but those dreams are really memories. We just don't know how reliable those memories are because her mind
Romance Readers Retreat
Oct 13, 2016 Romance Readers Retreat rated it it was amazing
Words fail to describe the excitement I felt when I found out Lily White was back in the writing game and publishing a new book after a year. She has been missed and with Wake to Dream, she confirms the fact that she continues to be one of the queens of the dark genre.

Wake to Dream is the stuff fans of dark psychological suspense dream of. Alice has suffered from sleep disorders her whole life. Over time, she has become as used to, as possible, to the fear and terror they brought along with them
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Oct 04, 2016 Charlie ✰ WLTB Blog ✰ rated it it was amazing
ARC Provided and Reviewed by We’ve Licked that book blog

This one will be short review because I am not real sure how to review without spoilers.

Alice Beaumont is a woman who lives with sleep disorders since she was a child.

When her sister goes missing, Alice dreams take on a whole new meaning, Alice believes her dreams are the key to her missing sister.

In this book we live through Alice talking to a Doctor about her dreams and what they really mean.

I was hooked from the start trying to work eve
Pearl Reads
Oct 12, 2016 Pearl Reads rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
WTF just happened? Lily White, is absolutely hands down one of the best at writting psychological thrillers. I mean, holy freakin shit. I'm literally speechless. I have so much to say but I cant seem to find the right words to do this book justice.

Definitely deserves 10 stars.

First off, I must say, I love the way this book is written. It is the first time, I have ever had an author write in this particular style of back and forth and it was brilliant. I was captivated from the very beginning.
Kira
Alice was in therapy for her disturbing dreams. Aside from those she was too lost in her own head to know what was going on in her life. It was obvious that the dreams were sprinkled with truth, and her amnesia and mental issues were preventing her from seeing the truth. It wasn't easy to figure out exactly what was going on. Once I thought I had things figured out, it would get twisted into something different.

It was suspenseful. I didn't want to put it down because I wanted to know what was go
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 19, 2016 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it it was amazing
I've tried a few times to write this review and I'm flummoxed. I don't want to spoil anything so I'm not going to talk about the storyline. As I said to my friend if you want a book that will mess with your head then grab this quick.

So I'm going to tell you how I felt while reading this. Heck how can I even put that into words. It was a total mess with my head omg what am I reading kinda read. Yep that's probably sums it up. This really is a must read for anyone that wants a mind f**k. I didn't
Maria Angie Mendoza
Oct 11, 2016 Maria Angie Mendoza rated it it was amazing
A gripping, emotional, brilliantly written psychological crime thriller. A total, all consuming mindf$@k❣
I was on pins and needles about what was real and what was a dream until the very end!!!!
Every page unfolded another piece of an intricate piece of a puzzle, and when you get to the end, you're left with a masterpiece you had no idea was going to end up the way it did.
What can I say I to describe this book except, it's "phenomenalicious"!!
The monsters that haunt us in our dreams come out to
ConnieMarie Need Epic Reads
Oct 21, 2016 ConnieMarie Need Epic Reads rated it it was amazing
Go in Blind! Go in with patience, go in ready to savor the words!

This review will have no spoilers.

This review will have nothing, but a go in blind, be patient, be ready for anything, and enjoy this marvelous, brilliant ride.
Marie- Naughty Mom Story Time
Oh, how I've missed delving into the curious mind of Lily White. I have been such a fan of her storytelling since reading Her Master's Courtesan. She has the knack of painting a picture of one subject and me, as the reader, seeing something else entirely. I never know how or what I feel at the end of the tunnel and there isn't always light on the other side.

What was I expecting from Wake To Dream? Honestly, I don't know. I didn't even read the blurb. Being the first from Lily White in months, t
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
...I'm 40% in and I just had to share my thoughts. Alice is aptly named as this is very reminiscent of that off kilter feeling you have when reading Alice Through the Looking Glass. She wanders somewhere that takes her to a whole new place with her last before memory being that house...that man...I'm intrigued. I'm puzzled. I feel that nothing is as it seems and I will be in for a few shocks along way! It's gripping and thrilling, I'm excited to see where this story takes me. I'm going down the ...more
Jacque
If Lily White is good for one thing, it is coming up with books that are darn near impossible to write reviews for without giving away the plot. Wake to Dream is her latest creation that yes, fits that very mold. However, I will do my best to give a honest review without revealing the secrets I have discovered.

I'm not going to lie and say I loved this book. In fact I spent the first 60% hating it. Not the plot, no the plot was completely diabolical. Alice is quite the character. Her story lures
Agnese
Oct 04, 2016 Agnese rated it it was amazing
Oh here i go.....Well Well well,Welcome back author Lily White and of the chart here wanna say also what a ride i had last night with Wake To Dream...I had no sleep after finished it due i was still thinking of it,how it messed up my head from the beginning to the end trying to figure it out and never happened and it pulled me in all the way/kept going to know how the tale was gonna end/play to the end...After the finished line like i said was wild awake due my mind was blowing hot and talking t ...more
Thai Holman
Oct 05, 2016 Thai Holman rated it it was amazing
One of the BEST TWISTED DARK READS THIS YEAR. 5 MIND BLOWN STARS.
what just happened to me after this book.

Omg lily white is brilliant. I can't write anything without giving things away. So just read the blurb and know you're in for a ride like no other with this fantastic twisted book. Warning dark may cause triggers.

I couldn't put down and so very very unpredictable and will blow your mind. Unbelievable and well mind blown like I said. I am in daze and a high after this.

Highly recommend thi
Jennifer Gauthier
Oct 06, 2016 Jennifer Gauthier rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-books
Where do I begin......I loved this book.

Lily had me second guessing myself throughout this whole book. This was Lily at her finest.

Mind completely blown. The story kept my attention throughout.

Very interesting plot, just when you think you have it all figured out BAM!!!!

I have gone back and read that ending three times. Amazing book, Welcome back Lily. We have missed you
Kim BookJunkie
I absolutely loved Lily White's MASTER'S series so I requested and received a free ARC of this e-book in exchange for my honest opinion. Right away I knew this book was not going to be anything like the Masters books; this book is extremely detailed and in my opinion, the first 50% was at times quite confusing. Actually, I initially read to chapter 6 when I decided to start from the beginning to see if I could get a better grasp on what was happening in the story. Basically, I couldn't decipher ...more
Rosemary
Title: Wake to Dream
Author: Lily White
Series: standalone
Genre: dark psychological suspense
Themes: abduction, amnesia, mental health
Heat: 2/5
Rating: 4/5

"I'm not crazy, you know? I'm not. I just know things, dark things, sick things...really bad things."

This is an extraordinarily difficult review to write, because there is very little I can really discuss without giving away spoilers - though you should know, it's an absolute mindfuck, right to the very end. Every time I thought I had it figured o
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog and Reviews
I will firstly say, welcome back Lily White. After being out of the writing scene for approximately a year it is so good to have one of your books to read. I just love your dark mind.

In Wake To Dream I recommend that you read this book slowly and obsurb every word and take in every detail that is written because this story is going to mess with your head so much you will not know if you are coming or going.

'When we dream are we really asleep, or awake and dreaming that we are asleep'. This is o
Erin McFarland
I am so happy that Lily White is back!
This book is one big mess with your mind, thriller. You think you know where Lily is going to take you, then you don't know anything. you think you have it figured out, only to have everything you thought thrown out the window.
I took my time with this book because I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. Lily takes you on a psychological journey that will have you questioning what is reality and what is fiction. I had no idea with this one. None. You
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Lily White is a dark writer who likes to dabble on the taboo side of eroticism. She is most known for her Masters Series (Her Master’s Courtesan and Her Master’s Teacher), Target This, Hard Roads, and Asylum. She’s co-authored Serial (a four part serial series). When she isn’t writing as Lily White you can find other books by her under M.S. Willis where she has penned the Control Series, the Estat ...more
More about Lily White...