Start by marking “Where It All Began (Heartbeats #1)” as Want to Read:
Where It All Began (Heartbeats #1)

Where It All Began

(Heartbeats #1)

Can a wrong choice have a happy ending?

Sandra Baker thought her life was on the right track until she ended up pregnant. Her boyfriend, not wanting the baby, pushes her to have an abortion.

After the procedure, Sandra's life falls apart, and she turns to alcohol. Her relationship ends, and she struggles to find meaning in her life.

When she meets Henry Dobbs, a strong Chri

Kindle Edition, Heartbeats #2, 238 pages
Published September 7th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Where It All Began, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where It All Began

J.E. Grace
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where It All Began was a story built around the topic of abortion and the consequences of that decision.

Lorena weaved a story that at times was hard to read as a Christian, but it's a topic that needs to be addressed in our present society. Her characters of Sandra and Henry were well-developed and were very different from each other. Sandra was not a Christian and didn't know about Gods forgiveness. Henry was a Christian and tried to expose her to God's truths.

Through a series of events, Sandra
C. Gonzales
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, christian
Both of the characters were highly likeable and you are just pulled right into the story. The premise of the story is one that we see often but I really enjoyed the author’s twist on it.

Even though this is a Christian romance and a clean novel, there is so much depth of feelings between two main characters. There is plenty of sweet romance, endearing with longing love. You really get a sense of how much these two mean to each other. I may or may not have shed a few tears over this story!

The aut
Jean Fauble
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book. I love the way it flowed. Great Christian read. So nice to read a book that has a content that is relevant and important issues.
Cloe Michaels Reads
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
BOOK REVIEW: Where it all Began By Lorana Hoopes
I loved the way this author showed the ugly side of abortion, how Sandra did not want the abortion but did it because her boyfriend Peter pressured her to do and refused to discuss the chance of keeping the baby. It is only after Sandra has the procedure and their relationship breaks down doe her boyfriend realises what he has done.
Throughout this book you feel each emotion that Sandra goes through as you watch battle with depression and turning to
Julia
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where It All Began by Lorana Hoopes is a powerful contemporary Christian family novel. At its heart is a God who loves us no matter what we have done. "God meets you where you are and changes you from there."
God is the God of restoration. He can restore the lost years and give us new hopes and dreams for our futures.
The novel surrounds the painful subject of abortion and its aftermath. The trauma may well have long reaching arms.
Guilt links in. "Would I ever be able to forgive him?... Would I ev
Timothy Hendricks
I enjoyed this book but in some ways it was hard to read; because it is a book about a very serious subject. It is about abortion and the impact it can have on many lives. There is some romance in this principally between Claire and Henry. But it is more about abortion and it’s affects and aftermath. Claire gets pregnant from her live-in boyfriend who at time is, Peter. He doesn’t want the baby and pushes Claire into getting an abortion. Actually every time she tries to discuss the baby with him ...more
Just another reader
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, fiction
Life, they say for some, flips 180 degrees overnight. For others, it might be a slow agonising topple. There may be many moments in the topple when you feel you can almost get back up before your grip slips again, until you hit rock bottom. It's hard to decipher which kind of fall is worse, but it's not so hard to spot the actual winners. The ones who bounce back from the dump.

Sandra Baker starts off seemingly as one of the many girls who presume they have life under control - all until they fi
Marie Pinkham
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A story you won't soon forget

This story will stay with you long after you finish reading it. Sandra and Henry's story is at times both heartbreaking and heartwarming. You'll see the consequences of choices made, and the loving redemption of God in the aftermath. I started this book and couldn't put it down. It had my attention from the first page, and kept it til the very end. The story had a bit of an abrupt ending, but I know that it is a continuing series. It was just a story that I hated to
Linda Fore
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story of sin, heartbreak, love and redemption! Sandra, a nursing student, discovers she is pregnant. Her boyfriend, Peter, doesn’t want to talk about it, then decides she must abort. They don’t have time for a baby right now. Knowing it is not right, Sandra still has an abortion anyway. But this “simple procedure” leads to very strong emotional and physical complications.
This book is a wonderful story of how God’s love can forgive and restore the lives and dreams of the people w
Joan Arning
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well-written book dealing with premarital sex, abortion, foster parenting, adoption and honesty in marriage! God loves us all and nothing is too bad for Him to forgive if we only ask and accept His forgiveness! Lorana Hoopes brings tears of sorrow and of joy to your eyes through this story. I recommend Where It All Began to others who enjoy contemporary fiction. I received a complimentary e-book from the author. This is my honest opinion.
Bailey Ember
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
It's rare to find a book in which the characters can relate so much to every day life. It's even more rare to find those characters in which you can think of them like friends while you read. The characters suffer with every day, real problems, which makes them very tangible.

Everyone needs a bit of inspiration from time to time and Where it All Began is the perfect story to fall into for not only great entertainments, but for a blessing and reminder to have faith.
Patricia
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this is a heart wrenching book about abortion & the long range pain it gives people. But it is also a book that shows that GOD makes good things come out of the bad! He never leaves us or forsakes us! He is a healer that loves us as much as He loves our Savior Messiah! that love never changes! He is love! Wrong choices can be very devestating. That is why He hates sin! So if you are young I hope you will read this book & that it might help you make better choices!
Sara Glancy
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heartache, Sadness, Forgiveness, Happiness, Love, Anxiety you name it this book has it. I listened to the audiobook and it was narrated pretty good. There are a few spots where the narrator seems to read a little too fast but it doesn't affect the storyline at all. Lorana Hoopes nailed the emotions in this story. She is a terrific author! I look forward to reading & listening to more of her stories!!!
Roger
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My seventh read from amazing author Lorana Hoopes. I read 507 books last year and this author is the very best of the lot and this is another amazing Christian read, God's hand is shown throughout the book, I spent a Sunday afternoon letting my Kindle read this book to my wife & I, much better than TV. *Spoiler* AS adoptive parents for five kids the book hit especially close to home!
Sharon Hughson
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the message in this book. It earns four out of five stars from me. It felt like some parts dragged a little, but I wanted to know how things ended for this couple. I shed a couple tears, but I predicted the happy ending.
If you don’t mind a taste of realistic humanity in your Christian stories, this is the author you want to read.
Lori R
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has some very serious topics in it. There is abortion, not being able to have children after an abortion, drinking, a tragic accident, fostering children and accepting God into your life. If you are looking for a carefree, happy, romance book I would recommend other books by Lorana Hoopes. I did enjoy reading this book and its serious topics.
Frances Batson
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Abortion

This is a very good book. It addresses the pain and guilt faced by women after an abortion and how God can forgive and guide women to a fulfilling life and use her to help others.
Grace Randol
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reality

This book was sad and happy. It shows how there are consequences to every choice we make. I loved Sandra and Henry and felt everything with them, good and bad. Now they both love God and He will see them through life.
Bernadette Cinkoske
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing story about the agonizing pain experienced by women who have abortions. Some of this is difficult to read, but God's forgiveness in boundless. This story is also about the beauty of the Almighty's forgiveness.
Continent78yahoo.Com
Pearl Meaker
Jun 11, 2017
Lori Bowers
Oct 28, 2016
Lorana Hoopes is an inspirational romance and children’s author originally from Texas. She now lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and three children. When not writing, she can be found singing or acting on stage or kickboxing at her gym. You can also find her hosting her show Write the World where she interviews authors and writers.

Heartbeats (4 books)
  • The Power of Prayer (Heartbeats #2)
  • When Hearts Collide
  • A Father's Love (Heartbeats #4)