Start by marking “Dare Me (The Nocte Trilogy, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Dare Me (The Nocte Trilogy, #3.5)

Dare Me

(The Nocte Trilogy #3.5)

Dare Me is a hotshot novella based on the character Dare DuBray from the Nocte Trilogy.

They say she’s crazy.
She’s not.
They don’t know the truth.
She knows the truth. The problem is, she just doesn’t always remember it.
But I do.
My name is Dare DuBray.
I’m in love with a girl who is is erratic and beautiful, and a little bit mad.
But that’s ok.
We’re all a little mad, ar
Published October 3rd 2016 by Lakehouse Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Dare Me, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Just like with the whole #NOCTE series, you basically have no idea what's happening, and what's what....but you can't help but love Dare & his Calla Lily.

description

I just love those two. They're so in love and so adorable and so broken and it's all so beautifully sad and moving.... I kind of never want this series to end.

And now I will quote something from my review of book #3 LUX:

This is such an amazing series - I never read anything like it before.
I JUST LOVE IT!
Even though I constantly, completely,
Holly Baker
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
While reading this short story, all the thoughts and feelings from the series as a whole came rushing back, and I was constantly asking myself the same question all over again...

Have I gone crazy????

This really was a quick read (especially if you take into account that Dare Me only takes up 60% of the book, the rest is a section of the first book in the series, Nocte), but nevertheless, I enjoyed being back with these characters, even if I did feel like I'd gone insane again.

The Nocte series is
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I just love Dare and Calla. I just love how much these 2 love each other.

Short and sweet but glad we got more :)
Ramya
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Save Me And I'll Save You ❤ ...more
Kathryn
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*sigh* Just when I thought the chapter to the Nocte Trilogy was closed Courtney Cole drags me back in with Dare Me. And being able to read from HIS point of view...I FREAKING love it!!
But if you think this gives you any insight to anything...BAHAHAH!!! Oh goodness I have fallen down the crazy hole once again...Oh but it is so fun to be wrapped up in this insanity...
I cannot wait until the next one..
Jennie Wurtz
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!! THANK YOU Courtney Cole!! So, I am a HUGE die-hard fan of the NOCTE Trilogy (in case you can't tell, and haven't seen all my reviews for that series) and when I found out Dare was getting his own novella I may have screamed with excitement! Dare Me is absolutely AWESOME! I've missed Dare and Calla and spending time with them again, while brief (it is a novella, after all), was so much fun!

In true Courtney Cole fashion, she combines just the perfect amount of awesomeness and
Ana
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series and it was such fun to go back in to learn more about these characters. The story was short, of course, but there was so much emotion packed into these few pages. Which proved to me, once again, that Ms. Cole has a special talent. She has the ability to get to your heart, even with just a few words. If you read the Nocte series, you've got to read this novella. Trust me, you don't want to miss this extra peak into Dare and Calla's story!
Louise Seraphim Reviews
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, read-2016
Very short and very sweet.
It made me want to read right from the start again. I liked reading from Dare's POV. In fact, I think I'd like to read more from his POV, as it actually explains things a little better. I will be eternally confused where this series is concerned. I love it, yet I wish I understood it.
Great small chunk of Dare if you need a dip back in the madness of the Nocte series.
Chris- Bookaddict
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was great to be back with Dare and Calla again for a little bit!! Thanks Courtney for the short Novella!!
Jackie White
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cover-love, my-faves
Oh, how I miss this series! So this novella was just what I needed. Dare and Calla are perfection and the only thing more perfect is Dare's love for Calla. So swoony and mysterious. I need more!
Talon
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love Dare and I love Calla. It was nice go get back into their "crazy" world for a few minutes. Thanks for the little novellas, Courtney!
Maria
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just enough

I am glad Courtney gave us a little trip down memory lane with Calla & Dare. Although this was nothing compared to the trilogy, it did give me the urge to brave a re read. My corner looks lonely.
Georgette
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a cute novella. Really made me miss Dare and Calla.

I'm still in a mind ^%$# over these two!

I wish we could get another book...let us know what was really real and where Calla and Dare ended up!
Karen
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. Very short. I think I'd understand it better if I read Nocte, so I probably will. Even so, there was enough there to show me that Courtney Cole is a really good writer.
Becca
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dare Me is a delicious dose of the Nocte Trilogy that will leave you ready for a series re-read, or get you excited to dive in for the very first time. Dare and Calla are as enthralling as ever, pulling me into their crazy world from the very first page and holding me captive in their riddle of a story. Courtney Cole weaves her magic, bringing this quick read to life with her powerful prose and intriguing imagery, making me fall head over heels with Calla and Dare all over again. Perfectly paced ...more
MJ
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-books
A truly wonderful surprise, Dare Me is a great little addition to the Nocte trilogy. That series was THE most epic mindf**k I have ever read and Dare Me has followed in the very same footsteps.

Seemingly taking place after the end of Lux, Dare Me is told in Dare Dubray's POV and yet, I'm still not sure what is real and what is not. He is with Calla, his love, and together they 'meet each other' again and talk about being free. Dare always seemed to be the sensible one, the one who would release C
Resch Reads
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh Dare, I don't even know if this is reality or not. I thought I left this sort of inner madness when I complete Lux. Does this pick up where Lux left off or is this before Nocte...does it even matter? The answer is no, it doesn't. What matters is the fact that I am getting more Dare and more Calla. When I found out that Courtney was write not 1 but 3 novellas based on Dare...I internally died from the excitement.

Dare is drop dead swoon-worthy...exhibit A, that cover! DAMN, girl lets just take
Courtney
Shelves: arc
This was a great quick dose of Dare and Calla!! Loved it!

I do highly recommend reading this after you read the entire series because I feel this will take away from the whole premise of the Nocte trilogy.

Courtney does a superb job of giving us a novella from Dare's POV and what he went through with Calla. You want to see how powerful and true Dare's love for Calla is - read this!

I love the mystery that still surrounds this and their story. Courtney keeps it quick yet still mysterious and intrigu
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
Shelves: read-in-2016
It didn't take long for this little novella to remind me of how much I loved the Nocte Trilogy by Courtney Cole. In Dare Me, Calla is struggling with memory loss and while Dare knows what they shared, he has to be very careful with her delicate mind.

That doesn't keep him away from her, it brings them closer together. There are some lovely and steamy moments between Calla and Dare in this novella and it was a great addition to this series.

Perfectly sized for when you want a quick read!
Kylie
Oct 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm kind of disappointed, because I'm left with missing pieces and it only goes to 50% and switches to a preview of Nocte (which is incredible by the way- totes worth the read!)

I can't give you details about WHAT made me feel this way, without ruining the story for you. (Which is good if you've read the trilogy) so if you read this story and want my reasoning behind my choice, feel free to message me!
Kristin
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
▪Her gaze meets mine, and we're connected.
They can't keep us apart.
I hope she knows that.
I didn’t realize till Courtney wrote this book and I read it that I realized how much I wanted this book! Dare is one of my favorites and despite how short it was I still loved it. I hope she considers writing more books like Nocte. Excellent read!
Rachel
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how dark and twisted things are with this couple. You never really know what is up and right, and what is crazy and wrong. This was too short, because I love this couple and story, so I always want more! Thanks for the teaser Courtney, I love me some Dare!
Caro Richard
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dare Dubray...need I say more?

I loved the Nocte trilogy and ate up every bit of info that was given out so my grabby hands needed this 'hotshot'.

Dare's love for Calla gets me in the heart every time. So beautiful!
Tina
Oct 03, 2016 rated it liked it
it was ok. nothing exciting
Amy
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Dare and Calla.. It's time for a Nocte reread
Katherine
I love Dare, so there's that, but I wish the author did a better job of explaining where this fits into thr timeline of the other books.
Ade
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
The timeline is a little bit confusing since its's been a year that I read nocte trilogy
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short. Steaming. Hot.
Review to post tomorrow.
Konica
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This series is so confusing..... It's frustrating to read, but pulls you in to find out what's real or not and who's crazy or isn't.
Patricia Sarmiento
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads, blogged
This is a short and sweet visit with Dare and Calla. If you have been a fan and followed their crazy minds, here's a sweet treat for us all.

• Gluttony (Sinful Secrets, #4)
  • Sinner Sinner
  • Crush (Love the Way You Lie, #2)
  • Forty Nights of Raine
  • To Murder Matt
  • Corkscrewed
  • Untitled (Unlikely, #2)
  • Into the Crossfire (First Force, #1)
  • Fearless (Soulshifter, #1)
  • Tide (Wake Family, #2)
  • Inflict (The Muse, #2)
  • Break Me Open (Desert Wraiths MC)
  • Beasts & Bastards
  • Rosemary & Mistletoe
  • Tempted by a Rogue
  • The Fallen (Crow City, #1.5)
  • Abattoir
  • Fury of the Six (The Preston Six, #5)
Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.

She loves giving advice, loving on her kids, red lipstick and blonde hair dye.

Courtney was born and raised in rural Kansas, but has since migrated south. She now lives in Florida and writes beneath palm trees.

Learn more about Courtney and her books at www.courtneycolewrites.co

The Nocte Trilogy (4 books)
  • Nocte (The Nocte Trilogy, #1)
  • Verum (The Nocte Trilogy, #2)
  • Lux (The Nocte Trilogy, #3)