Start by marking “Red Snow (A Loose Cannon Novel)” as Want to Read:

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
My name is Detective Jarrod Granger, and you can say what you want about me. Call me arrogant, call me cocky, call me a man-whore, call me a renegade, call me a loose cannon. But one thing you can never say about me is that I don't get the job done.

I've dedicated my entire rocky, sex-fueled, tumultuous life to bringing down bad guys. I may not be able to keep a relationsh
ebook
Published December 5th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Red Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Snow

Natalie The Biblioholic
I have to say that W.S. Greer has grown remarkably as a writer. When I read Kingpin, I knew that he would become an incredible resource and blessing to the romantic suspense genre, and this book has proven me right! Now I think classifying this story as really romantic is a bit of a stretch, but this man sure banged out one hell of a suspenseful thriller!

This story was part Criminal Minds meets CSI meets "a show involving a guy who can't resist sex because he's dealing with a broken heart" LOL!!
KFForever
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it
kfforever

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse

2.5 Stars

I really like this author’s writing and couldn’t wait to get my hands on Red Snow. And I have to say that the author’s been very adventurous with his latest offering. Why? Well, he’s really gone to town with the character and plot development in such a way that I wasn’t sure if I was reading a book written by him! The title. It couldn’t have been more fitting. And I can’t dispute that the book is really well written; however, the detailed account of
Amy
Nov 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Red Snow
WS Greer

So this one is a little on the violent side to say the least. If you are looking for a happy holiday read this is NOT the book. LOL!

Detective Jarrod Granger and his partner Marcus on trying to find a serial killer before anyone else loses their life. Women are being brutally murdered and put on display for all to see. Desperate to get to the bottom of the case and keep him from striking again Jarrod comes head to head with his own thoughts and feelings he has shoved to
Expresso
Will post rating and review after release week
Ann Walker
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! What a read this is!! I loved it!! I read this book before reading Frozen Secrets which is the first Loose Cannon book (but both are standalones) so I hadn't met Jarrod and the other characters until now but it certainly didn't spoil reading this book first (I did go on to read Frozen Secrets straight after as I loved Red Snow soooo much!!) which is credit to WS's writing as he was able to explain and describe the characters well without me thinking I was missing something.
This book has lo
Kizzy
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Every book that WS writes, I cant wait to see what he comes up with next. I had no idea where this was going, but after reading the prologue, I was hooked!!

There's a serial killer on the loose and its up to Jarrod and Marcus to catch this maniac. Jarrod..what a beast!! He is bad ass and doesn't give a damn. His main goal as the detective along with Marcus, is to get cases solved while being a force to be reckoned with. We get his POV and what a POV it is. He is dealing with some unresolved feel
Jan
A good read with crime & suspense

Detective Jarrod Granger and his partner are on a case to find a serial killer & sycopath.

Red Snow is a steady going read told in Jarrod's pov. Jarrod shares his personal life including hot moments from his hook ups and feelings for his ex Stacey along with his thoughts and feelings on the case he is trying to solve as more women are found dead, women who are victims of brutal crimes and Jarrod desperately wants to find the killer.

A plot with a differe
Tonya
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I give this a 3.5 stars

This is the second book about Detective Jarrod Granger. The first book, I couldn’t stand him. I can sort of tolerate him now. You don’t have to read Frozen Secrets first. These do stand alone. But you will get background on Jarrod and Stacy if you do read it. Each book is about a different case he is working on.

The storyline is good. I liked getting random chapters in the killer’s point of view. He is one sick and messed up dude.

Once it was figured out who the Snowman Kill
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jarrod Granger is the one of the best homicide detectives around, and it helps that he's married to his job. However, it destroyed the one serious relationship he had, so now he tries to numb his pain with alcohol, and a revolving door of random hood ups. Most would call him a loose cannon, but he rarely fails at catching the bad guys. Things take a very serious turn when a woman is found brutally murdered, with her decapitated head on top of a snow man, in front of an elementary school. As he s ...more
Laura- BookBistroBlog

By W.S. Greer

Jarrod Granger is a man that we’ve all been warned about…A tough one to love but so good in bed!!! Aside from his great talent of knowing how to take care of his lady friends, he is a Detective. A very arrogant, do it my way or the highway type of detective. But you know what? He gets results working this way. Now his talents as a great detective are being called upon because there is a serial murder walking around town.
What this murderer is doing is
Anne OK
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
Bah humbug! I should have known better just from reading the book blurb. Not the time of year for a brutal read such as this. Far more gritty and grim than I expected. And to also be a first time read from this author. I totally chose wrong. My bad! Might give this one another chance later down the line. I love a good dark, gritty and hard-to-read criminal suspense. But the timing must be right. And I've been much too busy Hohoho-ing that this one took the zing and bling out of the season.

Wendy Livingstone
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Detective Jarrod Granger is a bad boy cop, who with his partner Marcus, is on the trail of a serial killer. This is told in Jarrod’s POV, and details his emotions and feeling regarding this search, as well as for his ex Stacey.
This plot is detailed in ways that are intriguing and enthralling from the very beginning. I enjoy this author’s work, and I recommend for all readers.
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book!
Karie Gibson
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you like a mystery with hot sex combined this is the one for you. Detective Jarrod was so focused on his work he let the love of his life slip through his fingers.
This book will keep you turning the pages. It's full of angst and a psycho. It will take Jarrod and his partners mind and hard work to solve the case. But don't worry Jarrod still takes time to play.
I highly recommend this book.
Maria Angie Mendoza
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Suspenseful, explosive and gritty, this murder mystery is worth the read.
Detective Jarrod and his partner Marcus are on the hunt for a serial killer and psychopath who is brutally killing women.
As they search for the killer, a glimpse of who these men are and what makes them tick.
The psychopath's own POV added another interesting dimension to this twisted crime thriller!
Kia Bunby
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was suspenseful and intriguing. WS Greer has captured me again with his writing!!
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I must say I am very intrigued by the brash and detailed writing style Greer engaged in this book. I am new to this author and went in hoping for brilliance, and I was not let down. I know part of the straight-forward, brash and something lewd writing was based round the main character, as that was his personality. In my mind that made the story! I liked that the author went the extra mile to really pop the characters main characteristics. It felt as though we were connecting with the person and ...more
Michelle Austin
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description

Red Snow by W.S. Greer was a thrilling 5 star read.

Detective Jarrod Granger is what I would like to call a bad boy cop who loves his job and knows exactly how to please a woman.
“Jarrod Granger, you are a monster,” she says, breathing heavily. All I do is smile and try to catch my breath.

When Jarrod and his partner Marcus get a call for a homicide they are definitely shocked with what they see. It is horrifying and Jarrod and Marcus are determined to fin
Lisa Marie / Words We Love By
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jarrod Granger is a homicide detective in Anchorage Alaska. He is great at his job, great in bed, but he doesn't have much of a love life. His devotion is to the job and it lost him the love of his life. This story is about Jarrod's hunt for the Snowman Killer and, hopefully, the return of his ex - Stacey.

Red Snow is an overall good read. There are some violent parts but that is to be expected with a serial killer/murder story. WS Greer paints a vivid picture whether he is describing Jarrod's se
Mary Baird
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Red Snow was one twisted murder mystery. But it also packed some pretty hot heat with hot as hell homicide detective Jarrod Granger. Set in Anchorage Alaska there is a crazed killer has just left his victim on the lawn of the schoolyard she works at.

Jarrod and his partner, Marcus, are lead detectives assigned to this case. Jarrod is the arrogant, cocky and pretty much the bravado of the team, Marcus’s style is more patient, diplomatic and probably keeps them out of trouble as they work their ca
Cheri
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Homicide Detectives Jarred and Marcus are assigned to a gruesome new homicide case. A tortured body left in front of an elementary school. They've made their bones by solving a serial killer case and are immediately called on for this one. If you are looking for humor and a light story line, this is not for you. However, if you are looking for a gritty murder mystery, finding the killer is always a mystery, right, then this is for you. These guys are a great team as far as their techniques go. E ...more
Sarah Dale
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by WS Greer and i totally loved it. Greer is a phenomenal writer weaving a brilliant tale of a murder suspense mixed with hot alpha-ness. This book is raw, intense, graphic in violence but the characters also give it sex appeal with sizzling chemistry.

As a fan of Criminal Minds I loved this murder/mystery. Detective Jarrod Granger is a cocky, arrogant, self proclaimed manwhore, who is also an amazing detective that gets results.

His latest case is a sick killer who displays
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚
** 3.5 - 4 Stars***

A suspenseful thriller full of mystery and crime.
A who done it novel!

Red Snow by W.S. Greer was a dark, raw and very intense! The twists and turns in this book left me stunned beyond belief. This is not a hearts and flowers romance, its quite the opposite. Raunchy, demented, and mind blowing!

Red Snow is told through the hero's eyes, Detective Jarrod Granger. What's going on in his life, and how his new case is affecting him emotionally. Women are being brutally murdered, hi
Heather Packer
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow, what a way to start a book! This book will grab you from the very first page and keep those pages turning until the very end! There is plenty of action and drama to keep you going.
Jarrod Granger is an ass. He is hurting from the break up of his relationship and he treats people the way he has been treated. There is no quarter for clingy women and no second chances given to anyone. Can anyone break down his hard, cold shell? Is he destined to end up alone with his work?
When his best friend i
Ali Mason
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Red Snow by WS Greer
3 Stars

This was my first novel by Greer and a step outside my typical genre. That being said I truly enjoyed this story once I accepted that this was not a romance. I felt that Detective Jarrod Granger was a character who was easy to hate to love. Brash, arrogant, and unapologetic Granger was the main voice telling the story with small chapters interspersed by the antagonist. This story kept me on my toes and excited to follow along and problem solve with the detective. As a
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Such a suspenseful book, I loved Jarrod. He was brash and just plain upfront with his feelings and he did not care who he hurt. We get this story from his point of view, we see his feelings about the serial killer case he is working, as well as, his thoughts about his ex-girlfriend. There are a lot of twist and turns to this story, which made this book amazing. Just when I thought I had something figured out, something new would turn up. This is no where near a romance and I loved it. I certainl ...more
Aundrea Mielke
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a suspenceful read!! It had me hooked right from the beginning and just kept going. WS Greer gave just enough pause between each thrilling moment to profess what I rear. Jarrod is one amazing cop, that gut instinct and passion is what makes this story. The sex is hot and raw but it is not the fluff that makes it a romance novel. It helps show the pasion that Jarrow expresses in all he does. It is his coping mechanism to process some of the most horrific images of his career. I look forward ...more
Sana Siddiqui
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
The plot and the writing was good, but I didn't like the H at all. There's a fine line between being cocky and straight asshole. Sadly Jarrod falls in the latter lines. For someone who proclaims to be an alpha he is passive about winning back his ex even though he claims to be in love with her. Although not sure if he does considering he sleeps with other women all the time.
(view spoiler)
Niccisbookblog higginson
This is one intense twisted murder mystery of a story. There is a great plot threaded with crime and suspense, but along side that there is some heat and romance. It's not sweet hearts and flowers romance so if that's what your looking for in a read this book will not tick those boxes.
I found some scenes disturbing but they fit in with the plot.
The book is told from Jarrod's POV, i like to get more than one POV but I found that I enjoyed the read all the same.
This is a dark engaging read.
Helen Simpson
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
FIRST BOOK I HAVE READ FROM THIS AUTHOR AND I LOVED IT, AN AMAZING STORYLINE THAT KEEPS YOU GUESSING ALONGSIDE THE DETECTIVES. I LOVED THE DUAL POV WITH THE DETECTIVES AND CRIMINAL. IT WAS GOOD TO GET AN INSIGHT INTO THE MIND OF THE KILLER. CANT WAIT TO READ MORE FROM THIS AUTHOR.
Melissa
Dec 10, 2016
WS Greer is an international bestselling author, and an active duty military member with the US Air Force. He's been serving his country since 2004, and has been an author since his debut novel, Frozen Secrets, was released in 2013.

WS was born to military parents in San Antonio, Texas, and bounced around the world as a child before settling in New Mexico in 1994, where he met his high school swee
More about W.S. Greer...