Start by marking “Fit for Life: Not Fat for Life” as Want to Read:
Fit for Life: Not Fat for Life

Fit for Life: Not Fat for Life

There is only one concept to grasp and only one action to take: Eat more living food than dead food. The simplicity of this message has eluded people up to now. In fact, it may seem oversimplified. Because of past frustrations and disappointments, people have come to believe that losing weight is complicated, difficult and expensive. Truth be told, all that is required to ...more
Published December 15th 2003 by Health Communications

To ask other readers questions about Fit for Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fit for Life

Charlotte Dauphin
May 10, 2012 rated it did not like it
I read this hoping to learn something about nutrition and the raw food movement. Instead I ended up wading through CHAPTERS of rhetoric waiting for him to make a point. When he finally did make a point, he backed it up with so much ignorance and pseudo science that I actually got mad. at a book. Like spitting mad. Anyway, it gave me a good smoothie recipe...
Jane Ryan
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent health advice through the true source of nutrition

Mr. Diamond earned his voice through hard work and research., and shares his knowledge enthusiastically and unselfishly. A great edition to one's Truth Library.
Hilary Roberts
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
I learned a lot from this book. I've tried implementing some of the suggestions and have noticed an energy increase. The author talks a lot about when to eat various foods to help your body use them correctly and get the most out of them. For example - fruit for breakfast without anything else so your stomach can digest it and get immediate energy from it. This is one of those books that is full of very useful information, but I will need to apply the information a little at a time.
Sylwia
Mar 05, 2008 rated it liked it
Interesting point of view and he has a lot of knowledge. Some of the facts are too contradictory to my believs for me to fully accept plus I don't want to follow blindly every new book i read so i need to digest all this for some time. But he has some points and even taking just the grain from it may proove to be beneficial.
Ruth
Apr 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: not anyone
Recommended to Ruth by: original book fit for life
That one should eat 50% raw food and 50% cooked food. Avoid animal products and cut down or out the hard cheeses. Very informative on nutrition uplifting and renewing desire to stick with this program on a consistant basis.
Danielle
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love with this book. It's all about food combining which.... MAY.... free me from having to do fasting cleanses twice a year. I'm gonna give it a try and see.
Lorie
May 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very interesting book. Really made me think about the foods I eat and in the ways that I eat them. So far I have discover a few things true for myself.
Mick
Aida Hernandez
Nov 27, 2018
May 01, 2018
Beegee Agup
rated it did not like it
Apr 26, 2013
Nov 20, 2016
Andy Hoang
Oct 31, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Harvey Diamond is the co-author of the #1 New York Times bestseller, Fit for Life, which has sold over 12 million copies worldwide and been translated into 33 languages. Internationally known as an author, teacher, and health consultant, he has appeared on hundreds of radio and TV programs including Larry King Live, Oprah!, Nightline, and Good Morning America. He lives in Sarasota, Florida.