Start by marking “Almost Everybody Farts” as Want to Read:
Almost Everybody Farts

Almost Everybody Farts

Grandmas fart. Teachers fart. Terrifying creatures fart. But . . . is there someone who DOESN’T fart?

With sly humor, this fun picture book looks at a subject that’s sure to make children laugh: farting. With silent farts, farts like horns, and rainbow farts from unicorns, Almost Everybody Farts comically captures the gassy scene. And only one person insists she’s
Published April 4th 2017 by Sterling Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Almost Everybody Farts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Almost Everybody Farts

Start your review of Almost Everybody Farts
Amanda Brooke
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
My son announced at the library that books are boring. All the kids around him were asking parents to read to them. He just wanted to jump the magic ice cream truck off the train table in the play area. As we got into the car to go home I asked him if he wanted a book to read. He said, No. Books are boring.

Even books about farts?

What? Let me see that.

Almost everyone farts saves the day.
Ericka Hall
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's about farting and how everyone does it...except maybe your mom. Good stuff.
Rebecca Skane
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
This put my kid into a hysterical laughing fit! She was laughing so hard! She's bringing it in for show-and-tell. I'm letting her. Hope I don't get "a call".
Alicia
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great fart humor! The pages have great illustrations and short narration that makes it fun and easy for read-alouds. Know your audience though--the whole book really is just about farting =] Even one of my fart-joke-hating coworkers was cracking up!
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
"Hahahahahahahaha" - actual quote from the children as we read this book.
Elisabeth
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I laughed until I snorted (it WAS a SNORT).
SallyTheLibrarian
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rose W. and I want to thank Glynis for reading it out loud to us.
Andy
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing!
Karen
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Husband and I found this amusing. 2-year-old was bored and wanted to move on to a different book.
Mama Bibliosoph
Almost Everybody Farts is rhyming, rhythmic silliness at its best. We learn synonyms and euphemisms for farting (toot, SBD, passing gas, etc.), mythical creatures (rainbow-farting unicorns, fire-farting dragons!) get into the mix, and we also hear about the one person who insists she doesn't fart: mother.

The paneled illustrations are amazingly active considering the subject matter is invisible gas. Legs raise, skirts blow, papers rustle, bubbles form, and positional victims clench their faces in
Ben Truong
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am babysitting my nieces tonight and it is the eldest turn to choose the book for their bedtime story and she chosen this one. Almost Everybody Fart is a children's picture book written and illustrated by Marty Kelley, which is a book about how everyone real and imagine produce flatulence.

The text is simplistic, straightforward, and poetic. It is a humorous story about flatulence and how everyone is capable of it – even mothers. It is a rhyming story, but it is not overtly so – I did not
Doug
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
This book is a great, fun read with the kids. Mom isn't so happy that Dad was primed and ready to give examples to illustrate what farts sounded like -- because the constant repetition of the word in the book has taught them that when funny noises come out of someone's butt, it's called a fart. And they are happy to let everyone in earshot know that :) So proud of my girls.

Seriously, though, I really enjoyed the illustrations while reading it and the rhythm in the rhyme worked really well (Ninja
Cat
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was pretty funny! So many taboo things are now being spoken- and written- about! I still remember when the Everybody Poops book came out and older folks nearly fell over! Us younger ones thought it was great! Well this one is right up there with that one and kids are going to have a reading it! Who doesn't fart? Only thing I object to, is people letting it loose anywhere! That's what the bathrooms for, people!! Still, funny book with humorous illustrations!
Autumn Araujo
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahh a classic in my house.

The first time we read this my husband, twelve year old, and new five year old all scrambled onto a twin size bed while I gathering myself into my favorite reading chair.

I made noises, I acted out the words. To the giggles and laughter of my loved ones, I found out that mothers do not fart. (Someone forgot to give me the message)

Anyway, the book is too darn cute. I loved it.
A Allen
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I generally don't find bathroom humor or farting funny, but this book had a unicorn farting a rainbow on the cover so I gave it a chance. I wouldn't exclude this book from my classroom, but I'm not going to run out and buy it either. I like that the book includes different ages and professions, as well as mythical creatures.
Taren
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Humor about bodily functions. What's not to love about this book?! Whether you're 8, 38, or 78, a book about farts just doesn't stop being funny!

Age recommendation: all ages

On a scale of 1-10 stars, I give it 8.
Cat Fithian
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: humorous
Funny, rhyming text. Some of the rhymes are forced, which makes it a little weird. However, in a book about farting, that's probably not the first thing that makes it weird. It's fun and I like the punch line.
Mary
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Just like everybody poops, everybody farts, too. This book rhymes, has delightful characters and illustrations, and even has rainbow farts from a unicorn. What's not to love? Unless you don't love talking about farting, this book is a good one for a laugh.
Taarna
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I loved this book, not just for the fart humor (although that's always fun) but because I could actually imagine several mothers making the claim that they would never do such a thing (even if we all know it's not true).
Jennybeast
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Hilarious, from the farting unicorn on the cover (such glee!) to the facial expressions of the interior fart victims. Good scans on the language (I was going to say rhymes, but it's not exactly rhyming when most of the lines end in fart.) and an amusing argument for who doesn't fart.
Angelica
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I saw this on the shelf at our local library on a recent visit with my 4 year-old. The cover has a unicorn farting a rainbow, of course we grabbed it. The whole family thinks this is a hilarious read. The ninja was our favorite.
Amy
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Doesn't everyone fart from time to time? Even moms? This book is silly and will be GREAT for reluctant readers. The rhyming text is clever ("Breaking wind/Cut the cheese/Ninja farts are SBDs"). Marty Kelley's artwork reminds me of Tomie DePaola's style. A sure-fire hit.
Susanna Hargreaves
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is truly hilarious. I was fortunate to experience Marty Kelley read this hysterical book to a bunch of kindergartners. He is a funny, dynamic, captivating speaker. The children were enthralled and giggling, and the staff were, too. What a joy!
Sarah Buchmann
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: youngsters
Hilarious! A topic few adults want to talk about even though it's an unavoidable fact of life: most creatures fart. Children in or around potty training will appreciate and enjoy this sometimes smelly piece of wisdom.
Liaken
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children
So much missed opportunity for good comedy in this book. It felt like someone had an idea of "a book about farts!" and came up with an "almost everybody" exception and then just filled in the pages from there. Underdeveloped and not nearly as funny as it could have been.
Theresa Grissom
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hysterical! Not sure if I'll purchase for my elementary library. I may have some teachers frowning upon my choice of books there but I personally loved this and was laughing like a lunatic in the bookstore while reading it. Bought it for myself! Kids will love this.
Eme87
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Kristan
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
You know what you’re getting into when you read the title. Save this one for when your kid needs a laugh. My boys thought it was hysterical.
Marissa Elera
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could not love a gross book more. The facial expressions of the characters are PRICELESS!
Laura Haske
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Farts are funny, especially to kids. I wish rainbow farts were real.
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Stone Sat Still
  • Spencer's New Pet
  • Don't Call Me Bear!
  • I Am a Wolf
  • At the Mountain's Base
  • Who Wet My Pants?
  • The Good Egg (The Bad Seed, #2)
  • Our Favorite Day
  • Saturday
  • Harold & Hog Pretend For Real! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #6)
  • Misunderstood Shark