Start by marking “A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)

A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3)

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  123,759 Ratings  ·  17,568 Reviews
Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.

Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell do
Published May 2nd 2017 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about A Court of Wings and Ruin, please sign up.
Camille I recommend denial and rebound. Meaning pretend you never read it and deny its existence and read a lot of other books so you don't have any time to…moreI recommend denial and rebound. Meaning pretend you never read it and deny its existence and read a lot of other books so you don't have any time to think about ACOTAR and ACOMAF. It's not great but it beats sitting around and crying while u think about how long a whole freaking year is. I should know seeing as how I was doing just that. (less)

emma
202.

That’s the number of times that the word “mate,” in any of its hellish forms, is used in this book.

TWO.

HUNDRED.

AND.

TWO.

That statistic alone should be enough to justify this one star rating. If you feel satisfied enough to just remove yourself from this review, run with that feeling. Because I have, like. Seven pages of sh*t to complain about.

That’s if I’m efficient.

And I’ve never been an efficient reviewer. Once. In my life. I counted two hundred (and
Cait • A Page with a View
THIS BOOK TOTALLY WRECKED ME. In the best possible way (because I’m thrilled to cry for a day straight? Idk). First of all, the scope of this story is extraordinary. Events from the first half that seemed so important at the time now feel like minuscule details in the face of this EPIC PLOT.

I love how Maas writes such complex characters who have had their lives shattered in a variety of ways, yet still keep fighting for each other and work to create a new life with the family they chose. Feyre’s
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
I have A LOT of things to say, including some rants. They can be found at the bottom of this review. (I have labeled where the spoilers end below, but continue at your own risk)

Ill get this out of the way first though- there are very steamy scenes in this. My opinion is that they can easily be skipped, but just FYI. Also, there are triggers and such in this book that might upset /hurt some people. I'd recommend going in with caution or making yourself aware.

The plot was insane, and I’d expect no
Natalie Monroe

"Rhys stepped off the stairs and took my hand.

Night Triumphant—and the Stars Eternal.

If he was the sweet, terrifying darkness, I was the glittering light that only his shadows could make clear."

It's the worst feeling in the world when finales don't match up to their predecessors. I liked A Court of Thorns and Roses, I loved A Court of Mist and Fury, I am frankly disappointed by A Court of Wings and Ruin.

First, the writing. It's in desperate need of another round of editing. It's u
Emily May
I wish so much that I could tell you I loved this book... but I just didn't.

After thinking A Court of Mist and Fury was such a huge improvement from A Court of Thorns and Roses, I was really excited for this third installment. I even preordered it. But I really struggled to get into the book from the very start. From pacing issues to awkward sex scenes that did nothing for me, it was one disappointment after another.

I've said this before but I really dislike Maas's sex scenes. At her best, she
Mirou
I’m wrecked. Because a Court of Wings and Ruin was the BEST CONCLUSION I could ever hope for.

I want to shout THANK YOU SJM for this incredible adventure. Thank you for letting us dream and travel across the stars if only for a short time.

I have been a massive fan of the ACOTAR series since the first book so I was highly anticipating ACOWAR. I was afraid I wouldn’t like the third book as much as I loved the second one but hell, I was so wrong. I swear, I don't know how many nerve cells this
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Yay! Another one of my books won 2017 GR award ❤

OMG!THIS BOOK!I LOVED IT SO MUCH! AND IT MADE ME CRY! THE FEELS!

I'm NOT even going to hint at any spoilers or go into too much in the book because there are a million people reading it right now.

I must say I loved A Court Of Mist And Fury as my favorite and now this one is my new favorite.

I love Rhys, Feyre, Cassian, Azriel, Lucien, Nesta, Elain, Mor, Amren and some random others.

They all have to fight in the war, trying to defeat King Hybern wh
Chelsea Humphrey
Congratulations-winner of Best Young Adult Fantasy 2017!

Initially I was so wrapped up in needing closure to this part of the story that I was grabby grabby for anything I could get my hands on, but I can’t stop thinking about how many issues I had with this book. Was it enjoyable? Sure! I loved jumping back in with my old friends and seeing what was going on, but after a very lengthy intro I found it wasn’t quite what I had hoped for.

I won’t rehash everything in detail; there are enough reviews
Lexie
In these early days after the release, I'll say little and spoil nothing. This is wholly because I'm considerate and benevolent and not at all because I'm sobbing and incoherent at the end of a favorite trilogy.

Suffice it to say, however, that after all the sentiment holds true:

ACOTAR 3 cover

Welcome to A Court of Pain And Feels.

Review to home when I deem hints acceptable and gather my wits and reason about me. In the meantime, you can (try to) find me in Velaris.
Andreea Pop
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Glorious, thrilling and completely enthralling -- ACOWAR was everything I hoped for and then some. This is how you end a series -- with love and hope and happiness painting the grand finale. Maas deserves thunderous applause yet again.

Review to come.
Simona Bartolotta
*Do I need to remind you to be civil? No, I don’t. Good kids.

“You High Lords really do love your melodrama, don’t you?”

(As if I hadn't enough ammo already.)

For honesty's sake, the last two thirds of the book I could only bring myself to skim through (and I'm quite proud of myself for managing even that). The first third had accurately enlightened me as to what I was to expect, and my (abysmally low) expectations were met point by point.

We girls of the SmutClub weren't able to do a proper buddy
Em
Apr 29, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
I need a black silk robe and a balcony to wear it on because if I’m gonna drag myself around my house still being disappointed, I at least wanna look good.

full disclosure❗ there will be so many bad vibes around this review, it's like in the prisoner of azkaban you’ll need to charge all the negativity away with a stag bc there's just so much salt and bitterness seeping through my follicles I'm literally just a bottomless pit of negativity right now.

*raises my arms to sensually embrace the metap
Caitlin
"And will you come with me? On this adventure - and all the rest?"
"Always."

I have died

I finished. 13 hours. I'm in hell.

You think you know pain? YOU DONT. This. This is pain. I have honestly not stopped sobbing for hours. I am broken. I woke up this morning (the day after finishing) and reread the last few chapters and I cried all over again.

I am broken and healing but every piece of my heart belongs to these books. (if you don't get that reference please get out of my life)

Let's discuss s
destini mia
Jun 21, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
When the book you're highly anticipating has no cover, no title, and no synopsis:

And a May 2017 release date:

Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
BIBLIOBABBLE- https://youtu.be/y5UVdj8avvs (review & discussion)

4.5*

I DID THE THINGGGGG!!!
Essie (Midknight.traveller)

I. CAN'T. HANDLE. THIS. WHAT???

RTC

------------------------------

May 3rd 2016

Step 1: DENIAL

It can't be a year there must be some mistake. Maybe it will come out before that .....

Step 2: ANGER

A year? WHY UNIVERSE WHY? A friggin year! I'm being punished.

Step 3: BARGAINING

Is there a land where it is possible for me to read it beforehand?

Step 4: DEPRESSION

Step 5: Acceptance
SCREW ACCEPTANCE!!

Warda
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reread x 2.
My heart is in pain and full of love for this series.

I don't know what else to say, other than I had the BEST time reading this with my partner in crime, Lena!
We're obsessed with this series and it doesn't get better than fangirling with someone about a book/author you both equally love as much. ❤

And now I'm in this mess where my heart feels hollow, drained and I cannot stop replaying the scenes of this book in my mind.

I'm so happy, so goddamn happy that we're getting more of this
Aurora
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know you're a dedicated fan when you mark an untitled book set to release in 2017 as a "want to read". Who cares if it doesn't come out another 2-3 years anyways?

EDIT 1/28/17: ahh that cover is so beautiful! Not much longer now!
emi
4.25/5 stars

"Remember that you are a wolf. And you cannot be caged."

I want to print off a picture of this cover and keep it in my wallet. Just in case anyone asks me if I have children, I can just show them this.

Because all these assholes are my children.

I don’t even know where to start with this review. I’ve been writing things and then deleting them for weeks. Every combination of words just isn’t the right combination I need to right the perfect review. Sarah J. Maas always releases n
Melanie
1.) A Court of Thorns and Roses ★★★★
2.) A Court of Mist and Fury ★★★★★

“A nightmare, I’d told Tamlin. I was the nightmare.”

I had really high hopes for this, like really high, and I did enjoy it, but I can't help being reminded that this was nothing close to the perfection that ACOMAF was. My reading experience was honestly reminiscent to Harry Potter, because I was fangirling every other page, while squealing and giggling and rolling around on my bed like I was twelve again! And when I saw th
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
I'd sell a body part ─ or two ─ or three... or ALL OF THEM if I could HAVE THIS BOOK IN MY HANDS RIGHT NOW.

I was hesitant as heck picking up A Court of Mist and Fury but I'm diving headfirst in full speed for this book.

FUCK. ME. UP.

JUST PLEASE DON'T HARM ANY OF MY BABIES.
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
4 Stars

Before I say anything, I must say this:

What the fuck is this "vulgar gesture" that has been mentioned over and over and a-FUCKING-over again throughout all this series, which all the characters seem to gift each other with?

No for real, I would love to know.

Are they all giving each other a different "vulgar gesture" every time, or is it ONE single gesture.
And if so, which one?

This one?

This one?

How about this one?

description

How about the ever tried and true?

Or, perhaps, MY personal favorite:

We
Khurram
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Words fail me. I have always been more of a fan of Sarah J Mass fan, but more towards her Thrown of Glass series. I think this is her best book so far. This book just has everything. Great characters, great story, secrets, betrayal, redemptions, ACTION!!!! You name it is here. 700 pages and not a line wasted. Hell I would have been happy with another 700 pages of this standard. The character are great but there is such great character development no one is one dimensional the character are confl ...more
Kai
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, owned
“One life may change the world.”

Nothing has changed. This book wasn't any better or worse than the other two in the series. Maybe slightly more exciting. But Sarah J. Maas is Sarah J. Maas and while her stories and her writing often excite me, they also annoy me. A lot.
Since so many (sooo many) people have read this book and written reviews about it, I'll keep mine short. (Well, okay. I now realize this is far from short, but it was worth a try.)

Overdramatic, exaggerated and cheesy are the best
P
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Be happy, Feyre,” he said quietly.

Actually it's not a 5-star rating, more like 4.5678-star for me. But this book, this blessed book brought me to tears and my heart nearly exploded through it. RHYS. I breathe him in and don't want to let him out. I longed for ACOWAR since it didn't even have the title and promised myself that I couldn't die before I got my hands on it. I can't gather the words to express how I am feeling right now. Everything is just right. EPIC. PERFECT. EXQUISITE. RHYS I lo
Jacqueline
May 3rd, 2017

Video Review: Coming soon!!

GOOD FUCKING BYE WORLD I AM SO LOST BECAUSE OF THIS BOOK!

Yes, that is dramatic but I don't even care because this book gave me everything I wanted and more. This is a guilty pleasure for me but not so guilty since I will always admit my love for this book/series.

THE CHARACTERS MY GOD.
THE ROMANCE HELL YES.
THE PLOT HAD ME HOOKED.

I'm just overall very happy with my reading experience even though I yet again got no sleep from reading this beast of a book (I
Emma
FULL REVIEW POSTED

If you're reading this, please be warned that you're in for one hell of a rant. There will be quite a lot of swearing and some minor spoilers. (Major spoilers will be marked.) Also, if you liked this book and have a problem with me trashing everything you've ever loved, you may want to turn back now.

I’m giving you one more chance. This is actually the worst book rant I’ve ever written.

No? You really want to read this review?

Move right the fuck along, then. Don’t say I didn’
Tweebs♥️ (hiatus)
HOLY MOTHER OF VELVET SOFTNESS !!!

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Okay okay.

I'm aware that I've taken about 74829101918281 days to complete this book. Trust me, I have my reasons.

Review to come!!!

******************

Buddy read with my local hospital ❤

I have to give them a shoutout because they were kind enough to offer me a room to stay in. It's like they already know I would require medical assistance to deal with THEM FEELS I'M ABOUT TO ENDURE.!!!

#PrayforTweebs 🙏🏼

K Thanks bye ✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼

Alrighty all jokes asid
may ❀
How do you write a review for a fantasy book that you’ve been waiting an entire year for??? And kinda disappoints you ??? I don’t know, so if you’re here for a review you better leave while you can. :)))

So, if you hadn’t noticed, my rating dropped dramatically since I read it and that’s not bc I am an impressionable child without an opinion but its bc I rated it at 1am while I was sleep deprived and my mind wasn’t functioning 100%

And now after taking some time to think about the book and my true
Christine Delilah (Maramochabooks)
Here's some pretty Nesta/Cassian + Lucien/Elain art
././
|by:meabhd|

Feyre and Rhysand art:
|by:bloodydammit|

Everyone's talking about Azriel and Mor possibly being mates because of this line:
I'm hoping for a couple in the series that aren't mates, though. It's odd, but I want that represented. Like even though you're "meant" to be with someone, you can still fall in love and be happy with another.
(Still, I think Azriel deserves a mate)

My main ship is Lucien and Elaine. (of course I like Feysand, but
Collecting Books: A Court Of Wings and Ruin 3 3 Jul 12, 2018 11:18AM
Age? 2 5 Jul 08, 2018 04:02PM
Songs that go with ACOWAR 1 4 Jul 08, 2018 03:06AM
What’s gonna happen next in the series?? 5 94 Jul 07, 2018 07:54PM
Tamlin's future 4 22 Jul 07, 2018 07:50PM
Nothing But Readi...: Maas, J Sarah-- A Court of Wings And Ruin informal buddy read starts July 2, 2018 11 157 Jul 02, 2018 08:38PM
Do you ship Elain with... or with... ? 76 947 Jun 30, 2018 08:20PM
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
  • Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)
  • Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)
  • Reign the Earth (The Elementae, #1)
  • Legion (Talon, #4)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
  • Warcross (Warcross, #1)
  • The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer, #3)
  • Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)
  • Dawn Study (Soulfinders, #3; Study, #6)
  • Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons, #1)
  • Seeker (Riders, #2)
  • Given to the Sea (Given Duet, #1)
  • Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
  • Freedom's Slave (Dark Caravan Cycle, #3)
Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too
More about Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Thorns and Roses (6 books)
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #5)
  • Untitled (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #6)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • That Hideous Strength: (Space Trilogy, Book Three) (The Space Trilogy 3)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dark Tower: And Other Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • The Terranauts
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Hellboy Volume 1: Seed of Destruction
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Part One
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Annihilation (Southern Reach, #1)
    $9.94 $3.99
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Volume 1
    $5.99 $1.99
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • Life of Pi
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow, Part 1 (Smoke and Shadow, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 1 (The Promise, #1)
  • Impulse (Jumper, #3)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • City
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“Only you can decide what breaks you, Cursebreaker. Only you.” 667 likes
“I believe everything happens for a reason. Whether it is decided by the Mother, or the Cauldron, or some sort of tapestry of Fate, I don't know. I don't really care. But I am grateful for it, whatever it is. Grateful that it brought you all into my life. If it hadn't... I might have become as awful as that prick we're going to face today. If I had not met an Illyrian warrior-in-training," he said to Cassian, "I would not have known the true depths of strength, of resilience, of honor and loyalty." Cassian's eyes gleamed bright. Rhys said to Azriel, "If I had not met a shadowsinger, I would not have known that it is the family you make, not the one you are born into, that matters. I would not have known what it is to truly hope, even when the world tells you to despair." Azriel bowed his head in thanks.
Mor was already crying when Rhys spoke to her. "If I had not met my cousin, I would neer have learned that light can be found in even the darkest of hells. That kidness can thrive even amongst cruelty." She wiped away her teas as she nodded.
I waited for Amren to offer a retort. But she was only waiting.
Rhys bowed his head to her. "If I had not met a tiny monster who hoards jewels more fiercely than a firedrake..." A quite laugh from all of us at that. Rhys smiled softly. "My own power would have consumed me long ago."
Rhys squeezed my hand as he looked to me at last. "And if I had not met my mate..." His words failed him as silver lined his eyes.
He said down the bond, I would have waited five hundred more years for you. A thousand years. And if this was all the time we were allowed to have... The wait was worth it.
He wiped away the tears sliding down my face. "I believe that everything happened, exactly the way it had to... so I could find you." He kissed another tear away.”
479 likes