Start by marking “A Hard Day's Night Searcher (Dark-Hunter, #10.5)” as Want to Read:
A Hard Day's Night Searcher (Dark-Hunter, #10.5)

A Hard Day's Night Searcher

(Hunter Legends Series #10.5)

Previously published in the anthologies My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding and Dark Bites, A Hard Day's Night Searcher is now available as a standalone e-novella!

As a Dark-Hunter and an immortal pirate who once intimidated the entire Spanish Main, Rafael Santiago thinks he has it made.

Until his Squire writes a story that threatens to expose their covert world and Celena sho

Published October 4th 2016 by St. Martin's Press (first published October 3rd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about A Hard Day's Night Searcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Hard Day's Night Searcher

Sophia Triad
Rafael Santiago (Dark Hunter and immortal pirate) & Celena (Squire and human)

Rafael really likes Celena, but he is not allowed to touch because she is a Squire. Not his Squire, but it doesn't really matter.
When his Squire, Jeff, gets into trouble and Celena is chosen by their council to find Jeff and bring him in for punishment, Rafael sees the perfect apportunity to approach her and seduce her.

It is not a bad story, but I think it tries too hard to be funny (Jeff's idiocy, Celena' paranoia,
Gavin
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This was a fun novella set in the Dark-Hunter world. It was originally published in the "My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding" anthology, but I listened to the audio version which was recently released in the Dark Bites anthology.

This followed the story of the Dark-Hunter Raphael, a one time pirate. His lazy and generally incompetent current squire Jeff finds his life in danger after he decides to publish a fictional book series that is a barely disguised rip-off of the Dark-Hunters and their war wi
Jessica
Mar 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
This was kind of blah. I have read other short stories from kenyon that were good. This one had no action, no bonding before the I love you. Felt like fanfiction, and not good fanfiction. The last few things I have read by her have been not great, some down right terrible. I know she has a League series also. I may give that a shot because this is not what it used to be.
Thenia
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Short and sweet, this is the story of Rafael, dark-hunter and previous pirate lord, and Celena, squire hell-bent on obeying all the rules.

When the opportunity arises for Rafael to bet Celena into breaking a rule in hopes of spending more time with her and finally managing to seduce her, he is eager to take it, not expecting her to drive him crazy by being excessively protective and micromanaging his whole life.

Thankfully, (view spoiler)
Ivy
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Dark-Hunter verse
5 stars

Vampires and squires getting together seems interesting. Hope Jeff will get out of jail soon. Rafael and Celena were very cute. Thought it was awesome that Rafael used to be a pirate.
Gabriela
Mmmm not bad but defo not necesary , i dont think it gives anything to the main plot .... Kind of good but i did skimed some lines ...
Angela Lover  of all Books No Matter How Horrid They Are ❤❂☠
This is a quick love story about Rafael and Celena. We met Rafael back in Sins of the Night. There really isn't much of a background on him but we do know that he is well was a pirate and that he is currently a Dark-Hunter. Celena is somebody who comes from a long long long family of Squires but she has had a bad go around when it comes to being a Squire for somebody.

She is introduced because Rafael's Squire is writing up 'fiction' but based on the life of Raphael. He isn't supposed to do that
Wayne St.Hill
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is very important to me to get into the book and feel the characters,so when I discover a writer/an author who has the ability to cause me to feel that way I am sure to delve into their novels and thus far Sherrilyn Kenyon has not let me down,this book has been a great journey in reading.

Phenomenal,I saw the characters,felt like I was the atmosphere surrounding them at all times thus knowing everything about them,I am looking forward to traversing through their plain of existence again and ag
M
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a good story but it wasn’t long enough. I felt like things progressed a little to fast and we missed a lot of them getting to know each other. Rafael is a Dark-Hunter, and Celena is a squire assigned to a different Hunter. She has been in love with him for awhile, but they are forbidden to have a relationship. Will they be able to find a way to be together or are they destined to live their lives separately?
BookNerdTori
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn't like how she was just in love with him the whole time. It felt like a cop-out. They could've just had sex and separated but I get that this series is about romance and love and everything, I just felt like it was a cop-out.
Katie Low
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute story about Rafael and Celena. My only critique would be that it could have used a touch more story in order to attach you to the characters before it ended, but otherwise it was short, sweet, and nice to see another Dark-Hunter go free.
Tash
This was a whatever type of read for me...
Romance between a Dark-Hunter Pirate and a Squire; I'm not too familiar with these characters so their story wasn't all that interesting. I did think it was cute but that was it.
Liza Robertson
It's strange hearing a guy's voice play at being a woman's voice. It was a good story, however.
Nyssy
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Pretty quick and painless to read. Now! Onto the next book 📖
Lynne
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish it were an entire novel, but I loved it anyway!
Donna Burns
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I love this series, but this book didn't grab me the way the others do. Still enjoyable, though.
Melissa
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Read as part of the Dark Bites anthology.

A nice quick read. Had some funny moments.
Jayda H
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought having the squire as the character with the most trauma was great, usually it's their DH. Good short story.
TinaMarie
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Claudia
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A good short Dark Hunter story!
Debra Meyer
already listened to it in dark bites
Angel Padillo
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novella centers around Dark-Hunter Rafael and Squire Celena.
Anne Long
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good quick read

Right along with her other books. Just wishing for Savitar's book...that will be a great one, right up there with Styxx and Acheron.
Annette
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Breaking the rules.

A delightful short story from the Dark Hunter series. This is the story of ex-pirate, turned Dark Hunter, Rafael and Celena. Celena, whom Rafael has lusted about for some time, comes looking for his squire Jeff. Jeff has committed the worse crime imaginable against the Dark Hunters and Celena has been sent to bring him in. Trying to help out his squire, pain in the butt though Jeff is, Rafael makes a bargain with Celena to try and save him. I really enjoyed this novella. It wa
Courtney
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is a short story in the Dark Hunter series.

A former pirate, Rafael Santiago has no trouble bucking the rules. When his squire writes a "fictional" story that reveals a number of secrets about the world of the Dark Hunters, Rafael has no problem breaking the rules to keep his squire alive. Celena knows what happens when rules are not followed, and in her experience it usually involves pain and death. When she is tasked with punishing Jeff for his violations of the squire code, she is not int
D.R.Slater
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Hard Day's Night Searcher

We readers need more like these short novellas to keep us pacified There is sometimes to much of a gap between the Dark Hunters novels. These stories help the diehard followers a reprieve. When a series have as many novels as Dark Hunters series. I know it's hard for a author to come up with fresh storylines. But, these novellas are worthy read and hold there own excitement. Sherrilyn, please continue adding short stories and keep the humorous flow of dialogue between
Jen
Sep 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Rafe, former pirate turned Dark Hunter has a problem with his Squire. Jeff has decided to become a novelist and he's written the story of the Dark Hunters that even though he's changed the names, is obviously true to anyone who knows the world. Celena is the Squire assigned to take Jeff in for breaking the rules. Rafe is determined to protect Jeff and makes a deal with rule abiding Celena to spend a week with him. Celena has been in love with Rafe since she met him and it doesn't take long for h ...more
Serena
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-mf
My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding (There Be Pirates, #1; Kit and Olivia, #2; Nightcreature, #5.5; Sookie Stackhouse, #6.1; The Dresden Files, #7.5; Dark-Hunter, #6.25) by P.N. Elrod

My Rating System:
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
300 year old pirate, also was a chosen warrior for Freya to be in her harem but he took revenge deal with Artemis instead. Now with a Squire that wants to write a version of the DH stories with Nick G. instead of his duties Rafe will have to do some skeeming to get a certain exotic beauty Celena to break the Squire rules within one week. I did read this on a different book but never did leave a review, it's a good short story I would have love to seen more of.these two in other books like a reun ...more
Kristen
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stars-5
A Hard Day's Searcher was first published in the anthology My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding, then later in Dark Bites. Features main characters pirate Rafael Santiago and Celena. This one was fantastic. What a surprising little short story added to the Dark-Hunter series. Even though it was a short instant connection for the characters I enjoyed it.

• The Flame (Desire Exchange #0.5; 1001 Dark Nights #11)
  • Strangers In The Night (Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Quick Fix (Ciel Halligan, #2)
  • Breath of Iron (Clockwork Agents, #3)
  • Trial and Temptation (Mandrake Company, #2)
  • Bend Me, Break Me
  • Five Alarm Alphas: Eight Sexy All New Romances
  • Hidden Passions (Hidden, #7)
  • Journey to Lobster Cove (Cattle Valley #32)
  • Dark Angel (Bound in Darkness, #3)
  • Coercing Quinn (A Paranormal's Love #16)
  • Darkness Eternal (Guardians of Eternity, #7.6)
  • I Need You (Learning to Let Go, #2)
  • Covens and Cocktails
  • Dominic (A Vampire Biker Series) Season 1 Episode 1 (Disciples of the Damned)
  • Creatures: A Limited Edition Collection of Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance
  • Angel & Faith: A Tale of Two Families (Season 10, Volume 5)
  • Three Times Lucky: Five Sizzling Tales of Three-Way Love
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny

Hunter Legends Series (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Fantasy Lover (Hunter Legends Series #1)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Sword of Darkness  (Lords of Avalon Graphic Novels #1)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)