Start by marking “The Beautiful Balance” as Want to Read:
The Beautiful Balance

The Beautiful Balance

Whether in your family, your ward, or your community, you’ve observed them: those noble individuals who are strong, patient, and stalwart in the face of adversity. When times are tough, how do they manage the challenging shift from victim to victor? Chances are they have figured out the balance of control—what they have charge of and what is in the Lord’s hands.

Trying to
Published August 1st 2016 by Covenant Communications, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Beautiful Balance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beautiful Balance

Start your review of The Beautiful Balance
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
The Beautiful Balance is an inspiring and helpful book written with LDS (Mormon) readers in mind, but other Christian faiths can definitely appreciate the insight and wisdom the author shares. I found myself highlighting several passages and quotes that resonated with me. I highly recommend his book and plan to refer to it over and over as I continue to seek a more balanced life.

The book is written in two parts: claiming personal control, and giving the rest to God. She breaks down the concept
Katie W
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'll be honest. I wasn't sure that I wanted to read this book right now because I'm so busy and so stressed. Life is tough, with so many unknowns, and I'm wallowing around, wondering how in the world I'll muddle through and gain control over everything in my life. And then I picked this book up and my outlook and attitude changed drastically.

This book is written in a way that really touched my soul. Scriptural references, humorous antidotes, fantastic quotes, and pep talks fill these pages and I
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds-non-fiction
Sydney
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Wilson’s The Beautiful Balance is about finding a balance in one’s personal life between trying to be in control, what you do not have control over, and leaning on the Lord. Life is full of ups and downs that we do and do not expect. This book inspires readers to be an influence for good and to try to let go of some of that control that we all feel we so desperately need! I would recommend this book to readers that need a bit of inspiration in their lives.

Genre: non-fiction; LDS
Bonnie
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have loved this book from the very beginning. I had the priveledge of reading through several of the first writings of this book and it has been so much fun to see it evolve and grow into what it currently is. Michelle shares such a beautiful message in a fun, approachable way. It is a great reminder of where one can and should be in their relationship with God. Even this time as I read it, I was again brought to see more improvements that I can make in my life. Lavinda and Carol's stories are ...more
Melanie
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Michelle Wilson's first book, "Does This Insecurity Make Me Look Fat?," so I had high hopes for this one, too. I'm glad to say that it delivered! This book is a fantastic reminder that there are just some things in life we don't have control over.

In the first part of her book, she focuses on claiming personal control. She breaks it down into four areas we do have control over and then shares examples, quotes and scriptures in each of those areas. I especially loved the section titled
Shauna
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Michelle reminds us that we can only control ourselves--
All else needs to be turned over to God.
You will find so much inspiration in each story told.
EVERY woman needs to read this book!!!
LOVED. LOVED. LOVED. IT!
Tarah
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had just gone to Stake Conference where the talks were about balance, and then the next day this book showed up in my mailbox. I figured that was pretty serendipitous, or really a tender mercy from the Lord.

Who couldn't use more balance in their lives? You know, put first things first, and letting go of the rest. Wilson explains this beautifully, and fills one with hope. We hear often in the church about perfection, but I loved this that she says, "We mustn't feel bad that we can't do it all
Cathy
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book was a really good reminder for me that I can't control really anything but myself. I have a tendency to expect perfection from everything and everybody around me and that's something about myself that I really need to work on being better at not doing.

I loved this book. I love Michelle Wilson's writing style. She includes plenty of personal anecdotes and her takes on scripture stories. I love that she is able to write about difficult subjects like this and not sound overly
Charissa
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, non-fiction
It’s difficult to balance everything we have to do each day. We want to do the best we can while wearing the various hats of parent, employer, friend, and neighbor, but it can be exhausting and overwhelming trying to do it all. In Michelle Wilson’s new book, she reminds us that we don’t have to do it all. She gives examples and teachings to inspire, tutor and comfort us in finding the beautiful balance in life. The key to this is to claim personal control over what we can—ourselves--and then ...more
Natalie Hardman
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
My favorite line from this book was, "...God knows what experiences we need to have to fulfill our potential."

There were a lot of good thoughts in here, but nothing that I hadn't really heard before. My favorite part was actually the author relating stories of a few women who had gone through hard times and how they maintained their relationship with God. I would recommend if you are going through hard things and want to get ideas of how to strengthen yourself to their effects.
Sharon
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't read self-help books like this too often and especially not when they might be "faith-promoting", but this is a little gem. It's easy to read, well-written and I laughed a few times too. It was recommended by my friend and fellow controller Jill. It gave me some good ideas for letting go and a new favorite quote: We think we want control, but what we really want is peace.
Tezra
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great reminder that there are things in life that no matter how much you try you have 0 control over. He has the rest just worry about yourself. Breathing a sigh of relief after this much needed read.
Michelle Wilson
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm not only the author of this book, but I've read and reread it a hundred times. The lessons inside feel more for me than anyone else--the balance of control is something I've struggled with my entire life. I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to write this book, and hope you enjoy it too.
Jane
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Michelle discovered and wrote about things it took me decades to discover! Loved it.
Dani Dennis
Bruce Madsen
Feb 12, 2018
Sharleen
Oct 25, 2017
MICHELLE WILSON is a wife, mom, and popular inspirational author and speaker. She loves family, faith, and food, and admittedly has a bad habit of laughing at the wrong times. Through her published books and years of speaking to groups large and small, Michelle has helped thousands of women build stronger relationships with themselves, others, and Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. She believes in ...more