Start by marking “If The Hat Fits” as Want to Read:
If The Hat Fits

If The Hat Fits

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The hats tell the story...
And I wear them all.
The widow hat.
The single-mother hat.
The overworked-woman hat.

I spend my days trying to adjust and fit them all.
Without ever dropping one.
Or worse:
Losing one.

And then he comes along.
Offering another hat.
One I haven't seen in a long time.

Love.

And, sure, it's tempting and intriguing.
Because he's tempting and intriguing.
Yet he's fo
Published September 28th 2016 by Patchwork Press

To ask other readers questions about If The Hat Fits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If The Hat Fits

Molli Moran
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read IF THE HAT FITS in a spellbound state of mind, seriously pouting any time I had to look away if even for an hour. Eliza has a way of writing books that tug at your heartstrings and leave you changed. Diana and Jake's story is tender, raw, swoon-worthy, and emotional in all the best ways. It's a story of growth and loss and new beginnings. There's a palpable tension thrumming in the pages. There are moments that left me breathless, on the edge of my seat. There are moments that left me wit ...more
Tiffany Willams
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Are you sure about this? With your past and all?"
Are you sure about this? With your future and all?"

You know those books that seem to grab you right from the synopsis?
The ones that capture you from the first page?
The storylines that immerse you into a world that you never want to leave?

That's what you get when reading this amazing story from Eliza Boyd!

"Allowing him to be this close might be my downfall.
Or my best mistake. Only time will tell."

Diana is a character that you really pull for right
Jessica
See more of my reviews on my blog Thoughts At One In The Morning.

My Thoughts:

I'd been hearing the buzz about this story from several of the early readers, everyone kept going off about Jake. And I was like I MUST KNOW what it is about Jake! When I started reading, I was surprised with something I never even anticipated. But let me start from the beginning...

Diana is widowed with a daughter named Carissa. She's stretched thin with life--dealing with the grief of losing her husband, the questions
Dina Littner
FIVE Stars!!! ~ If the Hat Fits ~ Has it ALL

Eliza Boyd tells If the Hat Fits like a seasoned writer. The fact that this is only her second full-length book speaks worlds about her extreme talent for story-telling and character development.

Okay, enough with the technical stuff. Let's get to the angsty, emotional, most wonderful why-I-read stuff.

If the Hat Fits has it all. A worn out single mom pulled in so many directions she doesn't know who she is anymore. A young man who finds a way to help he
Azusa
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star's
Becky Burciaga
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
A touching story that had a way of speaking to me about Diana, a woman, a mother, and a lover...something that we woman can relate to on many levels. What set this story about, making it more than just a story about an older woman, younger man was Jake. It's difficult to explain him and his many layers, reading their story together is what brings out the goodness in his story.

This only the second book by this author is amazing in its depth and complexity written superbly, with such intelligence
Starr Waddell
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it

I cannot deny that I was a bit taken aback at the beginning, but I kept going and I am glad I did. So much of this story resonated with me. I loved the characters. They became so real to me and I found myself thinking about them even when I wasn't reading. The end was fabulous.
Reckless Readers
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This novel is inspiring. It's about choosing love and what makes you happy, no matter what. I fell in love with Jake and Diana from the first encounter, which by the way was just a glimpse. She's been through so much and has lost her husband, that she loses sight on taking care of herself. You want her to choose happy which is a young guy that is really amazing. Jake falls fast for her daughter and gives her hope. Single parents or any parent will love this book because it gives you hope. Everyo ...more
Will2pear95
Copy provided by NetGalley for honest review
**Review to follow**
Bianca
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book full of hope. This story challenges love, it’s rules, and all it can endure. It pushes the envelope. It engaged me as a reader. You expect a forbidden romance, yet you get so much more. Something deeper.

Diana has been through a lot in her young life. The death of her husband has left her in the role of wearing many hats. Including single mom. Overwhelmed and unhappy, she runs into a young man. Jake. He becomes the light in her dark world. She breathes easier around him. Ove
Christie Cote
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Diana never expected to be a widow and single mother, but she works incredibly hard to be the best mother she can be and also a successful career woman. She works so hard trying to be perfect at these things that she doesn’t have time for anything else, especially when the possibility of love finds her. Her routine and everything she thinks she knows about herself and her life is tested once she meets Jake. Her life will never be the same again.

If the Hat Fits was surprising and jammed pack full
Flirtatiously Fictitious Reads
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
A struggling, widowed 28-year-old mom, and an 18-year-old high school senior... whats not to like? ;)

This story was sweet and one that hasn't been told before.
I love when characters take life at face value and forget about the rest of the world. It's not an easy thing to do. Loved the little surprise at the end.
This was a first for me from this author, and I'll definitely come back for more!
Tenille
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wish I had realised this was going to be a teenager/older woman scenario before I started this book. It is quite a sweet story but I just couldn't get behind the massive age difference. It would have been okay if Jake was very mature but he was moody and that just made him seem even more immature. I couldn't look past it and it still didn't feel justified to me by the end of the story. Also the Angie character was overly involved in Diane’s life, she really got on my nerves.
Heather Carver
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book blind and I'm so happy that I did. I may not have read it otherwise and I would have missed out on one of my top reads this year!! This book was amazing and I LOVED Jake!!! He isn't your typical book boyfriend! You MUST read this book!!!
Eliza Blackwood
Denise
Dec 14, 2016
poppy
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A well written beautiful story a great tale of second chance love a good read
Celine
rated it it was ok
Oct 20, 2016
Maggie
Oct 02, 2016
Cassandra
Mar 22, 2018
Eliza Boyd
Sep 10, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Patricia
Jenna Gregory
May 13, 2017
Lira
Jun 11, 2017
Eliza Boyd is a contemporary women's fiction and romance author. Also an avid reader, she writes novels, short stories, poetry, and whatever else strikes her fancy. Born and raised in Northern Illinois, she now lives in sunny Arizona with her husband and her plethora of animals. When she's not reading, writing, or working, she can be found walking around her neighborhood (for exercise, not for sta ...more
More about Eliza Boyd