Start by marking “Edge of Recovery (Love on the Edge #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Edge of Recovery (Love on the Edge #1.5)

Edge of Recovery

(Love on the Edge #1.5)

I thought second chances only happened to good, decent people.
Not the broken and damaged monsters like me.
But it did.
And I can’t control it.
But I need to.
Charlie is my sponsor, the one person I’m not supposed to touch, but my heart has locked on to her and is finally beating after years of barely moving.
I’m in over my head in more ways than one, and as I try to
Published September 9th 2016 by Molly E. Lee

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Recovery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Recovery

Start your review of Edge of Recovery (Love on the Edge #1.5)
Jacqueline
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: author-arcs
I was really out of my comfort zone with this one. It was a hard read for me.

This is Justin's story and should be read after Edge of Chaos. Justin was Blake's abusive first boyfriend before Dash. We know he's violent, manipulative, controlling oh and an alcoholic. So yeah, I started this book hating him. It's kind of hard to come back from that.

Justin tells his story in first person and it's a new story, this isn't a retelling of Edge of Chaos.. He hates himself and he's haunted by the way he
Ashley
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017

I was apprehensive to read Edge of Recovery, as anyone who has read Edge of Chaos could imagine. Justin was easy to hate, an all around horrible character. I didn't feel as if he had any redeeming qualities, so why would I want to read a novella with him as the main character?

Edge of Chaos gave us Justin from Blake's perspective, but we never were able to fully hear his voice like could here. Learning what made Justin tick in this novella opened my heart to him.

Justin's problems come
Brina (Brina and the Books)
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, 2016
4 Stars
Read full review on https://5171milesbookblog.wordpress.com/

Edge of Recovery is the companion novella to Edge of Chaos and Molly surprised us with its surprise-release only a few weeks ago. :) Edge of Recovery is Justin’s story who we first meet in Edge of Chaos.
After hearing about the surprise-release, I was torn between reading it ASAP and never picking it up all. You see, when you’ve read Edge of Chaos you know what kind of person Justin is. I absolutely HATED him. But I gave him the
Ashley
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I forgot to review this!!!

This is a definite game changer. I didn't know I could fall in love with the "villain" until Molly showed me it was not only possible, but he is now one of my favorite book boyfriends.
No spoilers here, but I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes from the novel.

"That is the beauty of broken things, they can be reworked, adjusted to build something even more beautiful than the original."

So, if you were on he fence about Edge Of Recovery, just
Christy  (CaptainReadsALot
Shelves: 2016
This book should be read after reading Edge of Chaos. If you haven't read EoC, you can still read this book, but there will be questions. There are no loose ends to this story and it wraps up nicely, but you'll still want to read Edge of Chaos. Because it's that good.

Man. I did not want to like Justin. I did not like him in Edge of Chaos. I wanted to kick him in the balls more times than I care to count. He was a cold, callused, selfish bastard. After what he did in EoC, I would have been happy
Marisela Chavez
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it!

I just fell in love with Justin in this one. I'm so glad that he finally got the help that he needed. That he was able work out his demons and I was glad Charlie was the person to dig deep. I'm so glad he got the ending he deserves.
Marissa Chavez
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy that Justin got his own book. I saw different side of him which made me a fan. I was rooting for him to get his life back on track. I'm so glad he met Charlie they were a perfect fit. I loved that she didn't go easy him. She knew him so well. I just loved getting to them.
Liz's Book Bucket List
I absolutely love this series! It is fast-paced, exciting and full of romance. I always look forward to the next release and don’t even need to read the synopsis to know that I am going to buy it. If you love contemporary romance books with a unique edge, this is defiantly the series for you.

Just like the previous books, Lee’s writing is great and entertaining! I was surprised at how well Lee was able to develop this book with how short it is. We were introduced to Justin in book one, Edge of
Liv
I have always been a fan of Justin no matter what he'd done, and now I like him even more. I've read the first book a while ago so I may have a different view than those who haven't read it at all since I guess this book could be read as a standalone.
‘Black filled my eyes, the thick kind that refused to clear no matter how many times I asked it to.’

Justin struggled with his addiction but the force behind it, what drove him to reach for the bottle was much darker than what it seemed. What
Teri
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ugh I wanted to continue hating Justin after every freaking thing he did to Blake and for a minute in this book I was able to. This one has a lot more angst than the first read in the series but dang it there's plenty of reason for that. Justin truly hates the person he's become. The self absorbed abusive inconsiderate twat. But that being said he does try to make some changes thanks to a blast from the past. I almost gave this one 5 stars as well but there's too much I needed more from that ...more
Jenn
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I saw that Molly Lee released a book about Justin, I was intrigued with how she would take a character that we were meant to hate in Edge of Chaos and turn him into a character we actually could feel we cared about and felt that he could be redeemed. Let me tell you......... she freaking did it, and did it beautifully!

We know what Justin did in Edge of Chaos, and now, 6 months later he's to his breaking point. After getting into a drunken bar fight, Justin is arrested and is sent to jail.
Shawn
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book with a chip on my shoulder. I knew what Justin had done to Blake and I wanted to continue to hate him. However, Charlie is instrumental in changing his life and my opinion.

I also realized is that there is always another side to every story and not everything is always rainbows and butterflies. Life gets ugly!

Molly does an excellent job writing someone so broken. She pulls you into his nightmare and makes you want to help him find his way out. Charlie and Justin's story
Sara Miller
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think Molly did a pretty excellent job at turning someone who I felt was the villian into something worth redeeming! while I do wish this story was a little bit longer so we could enjoy the character Justin was at the end I thought the pacing of the story works really well. you get an up close and personal look on the ripple effect of addiction and how it does not just affect the user but those around them too. there is no magic cure and the only person that can make the decision to stop is ...more
Destini Newburn
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was hesitate to read this book. Simply for the fact I completely depised Justin,the main character. If you've read edge of chaos you understand why. Second chances and those who are given them I thought I had a good idea that I didn't want that for Justin. After reading this book that is my complete opposite opinion. Justin story and his journey needs to be told. How can you truly form an opinion on someone without knowing the past. definitely an eye opener that hits close to home!
Jennifer Jones
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Stars

I would love to give this book 4, even 5, stars because everything that's wrong about it is what makes it a great story. However, there are a lot of things wrong. I understand this isn't real life, but I encourage anyone who's going to write a book involving rehab and recovery to do your research. There are things that happen that are hugely against program recommendations and would never happen in a rehab facility.
Jeanette
Ugh! Why did she have to give Justin a second chance? He's an ass and will stay that way in my head. Yes, I'm being stubborn. I'm don't care. Justin should have rotted in his own misery for a while longer in my opinion. But, Charlie! She is way too good & too cute for his ass. Now I'm wondering if they're going to pop up in any more of the books in the series? Because I wouldn't mind seeing more of HER! I'm really enjoying this series so far and already started on the next one...
Jenn
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is Justin's story, told completely in his POV. This book could be read as a standalone but to fully appreciate the story, I strongly recommend reading EOC. I hated him in the previous book but I did enjoy his story and happy for what he gained by the end. It was interesting to see his perspective on his relationship with Blake and watch him grow while in recovery.
Stacey Mcphilomy
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Surprised

I came into this book with hatred for the main character . By the end of this book, I had changed my mind about him. By the end i was cheering for him. This story surprised me.
Jennifer Momjian
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfectly written

I loved being able to read Justin's story and hearing his side of things. The struggles he goes through are struggles people face every day and this story was beautifully written.
Ronny
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love reading what happen to the bad guy stories. I was so into this book. I'm glad I had the opportunity to read it. I look forward to finishing this series.
Lindsay Thompson-Sublett
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!

I loved that she wrote this book. That Justin got redemption. Not only in this story but with us readers.

Molly did an excellent job with this book too. Words can't explain how well executed it was. The struggles people have. It's around us more than we realize.

One thing is for sure, Molly is destined to be a writer. She does an excellent job and she knocks them out so quickly too. Thank you once again for a splendid read.
Deanna
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-book
The second book for the Love on the Edge Series by Molly E. Lee. The second book is Justin Story from Edge of Chaos! I hated Justin character is the first book just because he a bad guy. But this book I have turned out to love Justin's character. You get more inside his mind... I love this author, how much detail she puts in all her characters and her storyline.
Imani Blake (Enamored Reads)
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 "The Recovery of a Lost Heart and Soul" Stars!

If you've read Molly Lee's Edge of Chaos, then you know that's where we get our first glance at what we thought was the "real" Justin. So naturally going into this book, I was terrified of how I would feel by the end because there are just some things that were unforgivable when "Justin" came to mind.
I've never been more wrong about having a character pegged as I was with Justin.
I went in with a cold heart towards him and came out more in love
Arousa
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 absolutely beautiful stars.

We meet Justin in the first book in this series which is, Edge of Chaos, and he is pretty much a bastard. A real effin' bastard. And I was like good riddance but than Molly E. Lee springs a story about this a*hole who almost destroyed Blake. At first, I really, really, didn't want to know his story because how can what he did to someone be justifiable?

BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT I GOT.

I got something entirely different. Something so heartbreaking, absolutely wrenching. I
Amy
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was really hesitant to read this book. I wasn't sure how I'd feel after seeing the way Justin acted in Edge of Chaos. After finishing that book I just wanted to hate his guts and leave it at that. But another part of me wanted to see if he'd really change and where the journey of change would take him. There was a lot about this book that I completely disagreed with. Like for example an addict isn't suppose to be romantically involved with anyone until they are at least a year sober. Another ...more
Samantha
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I heard Justin was getting his own book, I grimaced. After reading Molly E. Lee's AMAZING debut, Edge of Chaos, I was pretty much done with Justin. I had made up my mind about him. And nothing could change it.

Except Molly Lee somehow did.

Justin's story isn't pretty. It's dark and gritty, like Justin himself. Edge of Recovery takes place a little after Edge of Chaos (I strongly suggest reading that one first. Not because this one can't be read on it's own, but you will seriously spoil EOC if
Tabatha
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Justin was a complete and utter tool in Edge of Chaos, and I couldn't stand him, and part of that was you loved Blake so much. You see what the abusive relationship is doing to her, and you can't understand how Justin could do that to her. Now, if I am honest with myself, I read this book simply because Molly E. Lee put it out, not because I cared about Justin. Her books are emotional, real, and I always seem to have a genuine connection with the characters, so even though it was about Justin, I ...more
Heather Packer
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the other books in this series but wasn't expecting this to be Justin's story, I went in blind without reading the blurb .. as per usual. I wasn't sure where this was going to go and at what point we were joining in the story so I have to say I started off a bit nervous!
There was absolutely nothing to be nervous about, what a fantastic story! I literally read this in one day, absolutely flew through it. The story flows beautifully, the characters are flawed and fantastic. This
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was unsure if I wanted to read Justin's story. In Edge of Chaos I had detested everything about him and didn't know how I'd see anything redeeming in his character. I completely changed my mind a few chapters into this book. He was a definite villain, but this villain is deeply regretful for what he has done and may get a happily ever after anyways! I loved how he got a chance to fall for someone else and have her love be the reason to stay sober. He wants to be a better man for Charlie. I ...more
Jackie Nolan
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so surprised when I learned that Justin was getting his own book. I really didn't think there was any way possible that he could be redeemed after reading what he had done in Edge of Chaos. I was very intrigued though and had to know what happened in this book. What Molly did in Edge of Recovery was amazing. She took this absolute villain, broke him down, tore him up, and let us see the man that he really was inside...who he used to be before everything went wrong. The things in this book ...more

• The Last Letter
  • Ryan's Love (Sawyer Brothers, #1)
  • Breakaway
  • MVP
  • Accidental Triplets (San Bravado Billionaires' Club, #4)
  • Beast
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Dr. OB (St. Luke's Docuseries, #1)
  • Claimed (Love Seekers #3)
  • Exposed (Love Seekers #1)
  • Redeemed (Love Seekers #2)
  • Rustic Hearts (Poplar Falls, #1)
  • P.S. I Miss You (P.S. #2)
  • Undeniably His
  • Sweet Reunion
  • P.S. I Dare You
  • Jasper (Northern Grizzlies MC 1)
  • Bride in Trouble (Bay of Islands Brides, #1)
Molly E. Lee is an author best known for her romance novels, the Grad Night series and the Love on the Edge series. Molly writes Adult and Young Adult contemporary featuring strong female heroines who are unafraid to challenge their male counterparts, yet still vulnerable enough to have love sneak up on them. In addition to being a military spouse and mother of two + one stubborn English Bulldog, ...more

Love on the Edge (7 books)
  • Edge of Chaos (Love on the Edge #1)
  • Edge of Bliss (Love on the Edge #2)
  • East of Redemption (Love on the Edge #3)
  • Depths of Salvation (Love on the Edge #4)
  • Edge of Brotherhood (Love on the Edge #5)
  • Edge of Regret (Love on the Edge #6)