Start by marking “Tempt Me Too” as Want to Read:

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Alternate Cover Edition can be found here.

Sara Hawthorne is a dedicated attorney, a loyal wife, and the mother of two nineteen-year-old girls. When her husband succumbs to cancer, Sara has to battle the grief and also the addiction to which one of her daughters falls prey.

Maximus Tempest is business driven—and family starved. Eager to get his estranged wife to sign the d
Published September 30th 2016 by Nitewolf Novels

To ask other readers questions about Tempt Me Too, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempt Me Too

Danielle Dickson
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a sweet story. A little predictable, but still good. I actually listened to it on audible instead of read it and the male narrators voice was a little irritating, especially when he fake laughed. I love second chance romances and this was great.
Alicia
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Tempt Me Too" by Stacy Eaton

What a truly enjoyable, fun and sweet read that also delves into some major issues in regard to addiction and other life altering situations you won't see coming.

Stacy Eaton really uses her characters well as they are the story. They bring the book to life along many different lines and concepts. They are so strong yet flawed in ways the reader can relate to and empathize with.

The author has a knack for writing in multiple genres, and has proven, once again, that s
Lynn Mullan
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is a fantastic read. It's about a couple who dated in high school, went their own way, met again a few years later...and then don't see each other for twenty odd years.
The blurb explains the outline, and I don't want to give away any spoilers, but if you enjoy a book about first loves reuniting then you need to read this.
There are secrets from the grave, addictions, jealousy, strained friendships, unrequited love, shocks...this book has it all.
I guessed one of the secrets, but was sur
Angela Lover  of all Books No Matter How Horrid They Are ❤❂☠
I received this in exchange for an honest review because I wanted to listen to this book.

This book is just great! The name of the book threw me off a bit because I had no idea what it meant. If I want to be honest I still don't know what it means but that's okay because the book itself is simply smazing. This book is about two people who have had a journey of love and separation over a 25-year span. I do enjoy childhood love stories and I do enjoy second xhances stories so this was just up my al
Kaitlyn
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Unconditional love...... a love like no other. And a love everyone in life wants to have the chance to experience! And experience Max, Sara, Kelsey, and Alexis do! This book! Let me tell you. It blew me out of he water! I couldn't put it down. I so looked forward to my lunch hour today just so I could read it! This is my 4th book read by Stacy and I'm fast becoming addicted!!

When we meet Sara it's a sad day, terrible actually! But also a day where the rest of her life will change course and sta
Patty
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Second chance romance with a few surprise twists sets up for an extraordinary listen. A true to life story , Stacy Eaton has taken the concepts of addiction and finding your future and given them authenticity. Rebuilding your life after the death of a spouse and father is always a hard things to come to terms with and each character in the story has their own way of negotiating their pain. Divorce is another subject approached as Max is divorcing his wife,and it's messy. When Max and Sara finall ...more
Claire
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not the first book by Stacy Eaton that I've read and it won't be the last either.

Max and Sara's story is so emotionally engaging that I could not stop listening. There is so much that happen in this book, just when I thought things were going smoothly something will happen to turn it all on it's head.

Sara is an amazing character, her strength is impressive as is her ability to care.
Max is stubborn and reactive and reminds me way too much of myself (not to self: work on that), but he's al
Ariadna Basulto
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**reviewed from audiobook**

I really enjoyed this story and the theme of beginning and loving again. This book deals with strong themes like addiction, divorce, and death, but the story doesn't feel depressing or negative. Stacy Easton does a great job of making the reader an emotionally active participant in the story. I could feel Sara and Max's pains and struggles and their joy and excitement. The connection with the story and characters helped see me through the difficult subject matter and h
Eniko
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AUDIOBOOK edition

Emotional and heartfelt with an almost real life feel to it, this story deals with many things like young love lost, second chances, addiction, infidelity, and secrets that can have life altering consequences. Loosing her husband, dealing with her twins, then finding her long lost love again, Sara has a lot on her plate. The secrets that her husband kept drops like a bomb and almost destroys the family, but they recover. While Max is dealing with his own problems, his ex is a pi
Vibeke
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A free copy of the audiobook was given to me in exchange for an honest review!!!

This is a beautiful story of a second chance of first love. At the same time, it looks into addiction, drunk driving and infidelity without telling all the warnings. Instead, you get a real life story with all its consequences but not told with a lot of drama - it's told in a very calm and clear way focusing on the second chance of the first love of Sara and Max.

I really enjoyed listening to the audiobook even though
Monica
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book from Stacy.
If you’re looking for a real hearted story this is great.
Although a very emocional one, that deals with alcohol, drugs, infidelity and what can you ask more, life changing secrets...

Just a few chapters in, you already care about what happens to the characters. It is very real.
It can be your neighbor story, it can be yours.

It seems to concentrate on second chances, after tragedies, after wrong that seemed right then decisions.

First love, true love and tough lov
April
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
: Stacy Eaton

This second chance romance deals with many issues. Some of them are death, addiction, unknown family and others I won't mention because of spoilers. The listener will get to know the characters and their particular issues. You will either love them or want to slap some sense into them. I was held captive as I listened.

The narration was well done. The characters were well portrayed. The team of Marie Rose and Chris Chamberlain were very enjoyable to hear. Plenty of emoti
Victoria Schwimley
Sarah and Max meet in high school and fall in love, only they are too young to recognize that intense relationship. Then they move apart and are re -united years later, only by then, they aren't free to love each other. Then Sarah's husband dies, and fate brings them together one more time. Are they ready now? There are still complications to work through? Can they do it? What will her daughter's think? How will they accept this new man in Mom's life? It's a secret you'll have to find our for yo ...more
Ddkmc95
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m beginning to think that this author enjoys torturing me...ripping my heart out! Max and Sara knew each other many years ago but went onto separate paths and married different ppl. Now, several years later, they each have to deal w tragedy and drama. When they meet again, the chemistry between them resurfaces...will they grab this second chance?
Another great book by this author and fantastic narration team.
I voluntarily accepted a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased
Tjm
Nov 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book has waaay too much going on. Spoilers, Spoilers, Spoilers

Her husband dies and we find out her first true love (Max) was her husband's brother and the wife had a one night stand with Max after she was married. And, of course, Max is really the father of her twins. Too much. Pick one story line - death of her husband, drug addiction, unknown adoption, unknown baby daddy - or even pick two but it was ridiculous the amount of stuff thrown together in this book.
Jaime
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for a good second chance romance, but this one was so much more. The characters were flawed and real, the plot drew me in from the beginning and I loved how fate kept bringing Max and Sara back together.

The story has you feeling all the emotions, going from laughing to crying to anger and back again. I really enjoyed this story.
Ashley Hedden
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tempt Me Too was another great read by Stacy Eaton. When Sara's husband dies she thinks that everything has changed and she will never be happy again. That is until a love from her past has come back. I loved reading Sara and Maximus' story. I can't wait to read more by Stacy Eaton.
Nancy Stopper
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Tempt Me Too is a wonderful second chance at first love story. The author had this reader reaching for the tissues early as I was fully invested with Sara's relationship with her husband early. After his death, the chapters alternate between Sara and Max, each time drawing them a bit closer together, making this reader turn the pages faster, wanting to find the time when they find each other again. Sara and Max's reunion is explosive but it takes no time before real life interrupts them and thei ...more
judy
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
This book has everyting that you look for in a romance. Second chance love of first loves meeting after 20 years, secrets and suprises that are unexpected. Teen age daughters in real life situations, a touch of plolice procedures and a family pulling together after a loved one dies from cancer. Stacy writes from the heart and you can feel it in her stories.
Candy Hernandez
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is a heart-warming, romantic story about a childhood sweetheart who was separated due to some circumstances but somehow fate brought them back together. The story begins with Sara Hawthorne’s husband on his deathbed due to cancer. He made her promise to find love again when he’s gone. When Sara said yes, Chester slept and never woke up. Several months after, Sara, her twin daughters and her friend were having snacks, she men
Becky Claxon
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sara and Max met when they were just pre teens and liked each other. They met up again when they were teenagers and were together. Sara came back to Florida when she was in her early twenties, ran into Max and had an affair with him but went back to her husband.

Twenty years later her husband has died of cancer and Sara and her two twin daughters are trying to come to terms. Her husband was an architect and was building a car dealership for one of his college friends. Little does Sara know that t
Barbara
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is another great, well written easy read by Stacy Eaton. It’s refreshing to read a clean, sweet romance and this is a good one.

The story is about Sara Hawthorne who loses her husband to cancer leaving her with twin 19-year old daughters. She’s an attorney who not only grieves for her husband but has to deal with one of her daughters filling the void of losing her father by drinking and going the wrong way. The other main character is Maximus Tempest the good-looking man who is miserable in
Jimnlori
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this second chance romance by Stacy Eaton!
Max has watched Sara walk out of his life three times already so when they find each other again he swears that he won't let her go again, but secrets from the past threaten their relationship along with Sara and her daughters struggling with the death of her husband and their father. Max has his own issues with his soon to be ex-wife not signing the divorce papers and dealing with an addiction.
Max and Sara believe they've found each other again
Janet
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
read as a beta read

Following the death of her husband Sara has to deal with her own grief . Her two daughters are handling their grief differently , one resorts to self destruction.
Max, is waiting for his estranged wife to sign the divorce papers ..

When Sara and Max's lives intertwine ....

''When Sara and Max see each other after twenty years, old feelings spring to life, but with the whirlwind of problems that surround them, how could it possibly work? Secrets are revealed from the grave that c
Nikki
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Like Stacy Eaton always does, she knocked this one out of the park! What a story that screams all the feels, love, loss, second chances, friendship, parenting, addictions, and finding a way to make your life whole again. I could get enough of this flowing story. Such a heartfelt must read romance! I hope your heart is ready for this book because it's abut to take a beating, in a good way of course! ;)

Sarah and Max are two of my favorite characters Stay Eaton has every written. And their story n
KimberlyDawn
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was one of the best books I have read in a long time. Sara is dealing with the grief of losing her husband to cancer, and her twin daughters are dealing with it in their own way. When one of them becomes withdrawn, Sara knows there is more to it. Then she sees Max again after many years. The chemistry between them is amazing. Max still has feelings for Sara, as does Sara for him. Can they work through the secrets that rise from the grave? Oh, this book was so very good, and I was sad f ...more
Coral Mitchell
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sara and Maximus met when they were young and encountered each other several times as they grew older. Their love was always instantaneous and hot, but they were young. By the time Maximus realized his love for Sara, she had married another man. Twenty years later, Maximus and Sara meet again and their circumstances are very different. Maximus still wants Sara and is determined to not let her get away a third time. Many twists in this second chance love and life story.

I received a copy in exchan
Kate
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of book for an honest review but bought a copy also to reread. What a story - this is a book with a good pace with real people as characters and real situations. I really like this author's style. I like that it is a contemporary story with characters who are real and flawed and far from perfect. I like that it is a story with passion, excitement, angst, drama and it is all in real life. Real life is an adventure and this story reminds you of this fact. If you want a book that ...more
Dianne
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story of first loves reunited. A story that will tug at the heart strings from the off but has a number of twists and turns to keep you on your toes. Some of these twists you will see coming, others will catch you completely off guard.

The story also tackles a number of issues like addiction and grief in a realistic and sensitive manner that everyone will be able to relate to.

Another great read from Stacy Eaton.
suze joyce
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stacy-eaton
A love story made up of the rollercoaster called life. Fate has a way of playing it's hand over and over until we get it right and Sara and Max sure take the long way round. Stacey always has a way to tell some hard realities in life that we need to face up to. Enjoy the rollercoaster - you won't want to put this book down.
Goodreads Librari...: Updated book Cover Please 2 12 Jan 14, 2018 08:22AM
Stacy Eaton is a USA Today Best Selling author and began her writing career in October of 2010. Stacy took an early retirement from law enforcement after over fifteen years of service in 2016, with her last three years in investigations and crime scene investigation to write full time.

Stacy resides in southeastern Pennsylvania with her husband, who works in law enforcement, and her teen daughter w
More about Stacy Eaton