Start by marking “Making It Right (Most Likely To #3)” as Want to Read:
Making It Right (Most Likely To #3)

Making It Right

(Most Likely To #3)

In the final book in bestselling author Catherine Bybee’s Most Likely To trilogy, River Bend’s rebel follows in her father’s footsteps to become sheriff. But it might be time to forge her own path…

Some kids inherit a family business; Jo Ward inherited a badge. Once voted Most Likely to End Up in Jail, the town wild child has become sheriff—hell-bent on uncovering the t

Published May 9th 2017 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Making It Right, please sign up.
Sharon Ryan I agree I loved this series and would like to keep following this series! What happened to Shauna and do Gill and Jo move away or do they stay in Rive…moreI agree I loved this series and would like to keep following this series! What happened to Shauna and do Gill and Jo move away or do they stay in River Bend? (less)

Start your review of Making It Right (Most Likely To #3)
Stacie
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Solid 4 "Small town/ Free at last!" Stars!!

A very nice conclusion to the series! Joe and Gill are perfect for each other. I see great things in the future. I enjoy this kind of "small town" series setting. Add in the close friendships and you've got me hooked. This one had a touch of scandal thrown in. Somewhat unexpected and I liked it. I haven't read any Catherine Bybee books I haven't liked. I'm looking forward to what she comes up with next. Happy reading!
Carvanz
Catherine Bybee’s writing is clear, sharp and precise and it draws me in every time. Making it Right was no exception.

Jo made mistakes in her past that she was never able to correct which set her on a path in life that may or may not be what she really wanted for herself. Either way, sheriff of a small town is where she is. She has no personal life to speak of and definitely no relationships of the romantic kind. Despite all the small town issues that she is required to solve there is a larger
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, steamy, romance
While this is third (and last?) in a series, you don't have to read the others first. It'll enhance your experience if you do, though, so I recommend reading them in order.

Jo has been on the edges of the other stories and the crime/drama/suspense of the others felt forced. You'd think that Jo's profession would make that element more natural in this story, but you'd be wrong. So while I still liked Jo and Gill is made of win this story didn't rise above the ordinary. I dunno, but I think we just
Kate

3.5 big and mmmm Stars.

Making It Right got off to a rocky start. Our heroine JoAnne Ward came off too reserved.

Throughout the other books I just wasn’t interested in her as a character but gave her a chance in this book. The beginning as mentioned was tough going for me but once the ball started to get rolling it improved a lot.

Jo rebel child has been trying to redeem herself for the past ten years. So after her father’s accidental murder. Yeah that didn’t happen. She went to the Academy and
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**My thanks to NetGalley and Montlake Romance, for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This series has continued to get better and better with each book and holy hell, where do i find me an Agent Gill Clausen!!

We get to see a slightly wilder side to Jo along with the other personalities that we know that she has to foster. Jo like her friends finds herself in danger, but this time she has someone else apart from her friends who want to help.

Gill Clausen is a man who has a little
A Klue
Jo (JoAnne) Ward’s character had me at hello, folks. Every since I was first introduced to her in the previous books of this series, I couldn’t wait to see this tough, small town, wishes she could redo the past/carries the weight of the world on her shoulders female sheriff get her own HEA. Well, I’m here to give my sworn statement it was well worth the wait. As usual, Ms. Bybee did not disappoint.

Gill Clausen, Jo’s FBI agent love interest, was her perfect match. He was the whole package, folks,
Marleen
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
The third and so far last book in the Most Likely To series centers around JoAnne Ward, the sheriff of River Bend, who stepped in her father’s footsteps after his sudden “accidental” death. Jo has always suspected that there was nothing accidental about her father’s death and she’s determined to proof it. When she attends an FBI training course, she connects with FBI agent Gill Clausen, a tattooed, shaven head bear of a man, who’s totally her type. They both enter into a tentative relationship t ...more
Mindy Lou's Book Review
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The more I read from this author, the more I want to devour all her books. Not only can she draw me in with her main characters, she also draws me in with her side characters. They make just as much of an impact as the MC's.

It's rare for me to not have at least one complaint about a book, but I can't really come up with anything that I would have wanted differently. It was fast paced, a thrilling plot and a romance that I love to read about. There was no other women/men drama to interfere with
Chris Conley
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a powerful end to this series. I will miss these characters. It would be fun if there were later books to see how Jo, Mel and Zoe and their families are doing.
Amy
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2-review
I was provided an advanced copy of this book by NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Making it Right is the third and final book in the Most Likely To series by Catherine Bybee. Although it can be read as a standalone, the series focuses on three best friends reuniting for their ten year high school reunion and I highly suggest you go back to read Mel and Zoe’s stories. While I am sad to say goodbye to this series because I have so enjoyed the town and the characters, I ha
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author/Publisher via NetGalley***

4.5 Stars

Catherine Bybee is a go to author for me. And, books like this one are the reason. I really enjoyed Jo's story, which was a surprise for me as her story was the one I wasn't looking forward to of the 3.

Jo was interesting. And, I loved the exploration of the idea that she was living her life possibly for someone else rather than for her. I think a lot of us are in the position of doing things, or acting in certain ways, because of t
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Oh my gosh. Catherine Bybee has done it again. I don't know how she does it, but she does.

Making it Right is the third and final book in the Likely To series, and is a standalone read. The series focuses on three best friends reuniting for their ten year high school reunion. This is the story of JoAnne Ward, who was the daughter of the town Sheriff and known as a wild child in high school. She was voted Mostly Likely to End Up in Jail.

Twelve years after graduating, Jo has turned her life around
Sandy Bartles
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In high school, Jo Ward was once named Most Likely To End Up in Jail. Today, she is the sheriff of River Bend, a small town where not much happens. She inherited this job from her father after his death sometime after her high school graduation. His death was declared accidental, but Jo doesn't believe it. She believes he was murdered. Jo is getting antsy that she hasn't been able to find any clues and decides to attend a law enforcement training course in Washington, DC. One of her instructors ...more
Teresa
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
This was probably my favorite of the three but still, this series was a letdown overall. The attempts at suspense didn’t work for me in any of them and kept me from getting into the stories.
Marlene Shofner-Daves
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent.

Surprised by who the killer was? Had several in mind but not them. C.Bybee is a fantastic author. Can't wait for the next book.!
MsChris1161
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, ebook, reviewed, netgalley
I loved MAKING IT RIGHT, the third and final book and Catherine Bybee's Most Likely To series. I have really liked this series and I'm sad to know this is the last book. I really enjoyed getting to know Mel, Zoe, and Jo as well as the rest of the River Bend gang.

As the town Sheriff, Jo has had to keep her love life on the down low. Always sticking with out of town lovers. Her trip to DC for field training from the FBI at Quantico is the perfect opportunity for her to cut loose and hook-up. Her
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

This book right here is what I have been waiting for! Since the series started, I have been wanting Jo's story, and it was everything I wanted.

And more.

Well, Mr McHottie Gill is more.

Throughout the series, I have felt that Jo was missing out. Missing out on love, missing out on life.

From "most likely to end up in jail" to town Sheriff, Jo's story has been full of heartbreak - and she's not up for any more of that.

However, after an encounter with Gill, Jo's life i
Trish R.
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it

The first half of this book was just filler: Jo going to DC and going to a dive bar and picking up Rocco and having sex with him, a complete stranger. Then meeting that stranger (Gill) the next day at the place where she’s going to learn shooting, hand-to-hand combat, driving instructions and negotiations. Just what the sheriff of a town of a few hundred would need when the worst going on there is a pothole and too many dogs at one old woman’s house. Then Gill show up in town and all the gossip
Vikki Vaught
Catherine Bybee is fast becoming one of my auto-buy authors. This is the third book in the Most Likely to series and completes the stories of three best friends. When I received an invitation from the publisher, via Net-Galley, to read and review, I immediately accepted.

Jo Ward is sheriff of River Bend. Her father was sheriff before his untimely death, and Jo believes his death was no accident. Although many years have passed, she is not willing to let it go.

While attending a law enforcement sem
Dirty Dayna
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
before reading : omg I am seriously fangirling so hard right now. I have loved reading all Catherine Bybee books.. and after ALLLL This time I got an ARC!!! im diving right into this and I cant wait ..

after reading:
how sweet is this book! Rocco and Anne :P
I love that it was so real, you felt the pain, you got excited during the "girl talk" and you wanted to be a part of the Most Likely Crew. It is sad to hear this is the end of the series. The book will be well received if you enjoy Catherine
Momma
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I possibly say that I haven't already said about one of Catherine's books? The last sure knows how to write!

Making It Right is the last book in the trilogy (although it reads just fine as a standalone )! Endings, especially in great series, always make me a little sad. I have grown to love Mel, Zoe & Jo and I hate to see the go. However, I was pretty anxious to see what Ms Bybee would so with Jo's story!

Jo is the former wild child, turned sheriff when her father (the former sheriff) w
Ed Davis
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I put off reading this book because Jo was my least favorite of the three heroines staring in this trilogy. What a delightful surprise this book was for me. All the things I love. A beautiful independent woman who meets an incredible man. A little intrigue thrown in to spice things up. I love your books Catherine Bybee.
Kristina
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This would make a great murder mystery movie (my favourite kind).

I liked both Gill and Jo but what kept me reading wasn't so much their "romance" but as another reviewer already noted, it was the suspense in this book that kept me reading and kept me interested. I also developed a soft spot for Jo's dad and kept hoping he was in witness protection. I did kind of work out who the suspect was but not their motivation so it was still enjoyable.
Susan
Great.... sexy and steamy .... final in the series!
Perrin Larton
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From being voted ‘Most likely to land in Jail’ by her high school class, to overseeing law enforcement in River Bend, Jo Ward takes all of her choices seriously. Jo’s ‘6th sense’ has been in overdrive for more than a year. When the opportunity presents itself, she makes arrangements to attend an FBI sponsored training program at Quantico. Meeting one of her instructors, Gill Clausen, prior to the class, makes for an interesting first day.

Jo is a not an ‘ever after’ person. She’s been left by ev
Janeiowa
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great characters and story line make this romantic suspense a wonderful read. JoAnne Ward, Dheriff of River Bend, and FBI Agent Gill Clausen are well-developed characters. There are characters included from previous books in this series.
Maribel Novoa
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!!!!!!

Love this book so sad it's the last one. I truly loved it and recommend it to everyone. I wish it wasn't the end
Megan
GR sort your app out.

I loved this final book in this series. It was just everything I wanted. I am sad this is over to be honest its sad but series have to end.
Rebecca
Nov 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads, audio, audible
This was my least favorite book of the trilogy. I wanted more of the friendships/small town details and less drama. There was too much "mystery", and this author does romance much better than suspense. ...more
Sharon Guillarmod
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Again Catherine has hit a home run. I loved Jo and Gill's story. I was so happy to see her get all the answers and the the happily ever after that she deserved. I love all of Catherine's book and would highly recommend that everyone read a least one. You will be hooked. Great book! ...more

• The Daydream Cabin
  • Miss Janie's Girls
  • After All (Cape Harbor, #1)
  • Temptation on Ocean Drive (The Sunshine Sisters, #2)
  • Saltwater Cove (Westcott Bay, #1)
  • The Banty House
  • The Wonder of Now (Sanctuary Sound, #3)
  • Saltwater Secrets (Westcott Bay, #3)
  • Saltwater Studios (Westcott Bay, #2)
  • Until Then (Cape Harbor, #2)
  • Saltwater Crossing (Wescott Bay, #4)
  • When You Knew (The Cabots, #3)
  • The Shop on Main Street (The Cadillac Series #2)
  • The Promise of Us (Sanctuary Sound #2)
  • An Unfinished Story
  • The Sisters Café (The Cadillac Series #1)
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
  • Unexpectedly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #3)
New York Times Bestselling Author

Finalist RT Award in Contemporary Romance
Fiance by Friday

New York Tim

Most Likely To (3 books)
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)