Start by marking “Wish You Were Mine” as Want to Read:
Wish You Were Mine

Wish You Were Mine

From the USA Today bestselling author of The Story of Us and Fisher's Light comes a new, standalone novel - a heartwrenching story about second chances that will make you fall in love all over again.
Five years. I would've stayed away longer if I hadn't received the letter. Not a day has gone by that I haven't thought about her, haven't missed her smile, haven't wished that
Published November 14th 2017 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about Wish You Were Mine, please sign up.
Amy No. It's a little too sophisticated for kids that age. Older teens, maybe. But 11 and 12 is too young.

Start your review of Wish You Were Mine
Christy
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it

description

Tara Sivec is a versatile author. She can write books that make you laugh so hard you want to pee yourself, she does an amazing job with romantic suspense, and she can also write emotional reads. I love authors that can write in more than one genre and do it well, and she is definitely one of those. Wish You Were Mine falls more on the emotional side. It’s a beautiful friends to lovers/second chance romance.

Cameron and Everett (along with Aiden) have been friends since they were child
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3 STARS
I hate that I’ve missed Everett so much, that a part of me wants to forgive him for everything. I hate that seeing him again gave me butterflies and made me remember all of the feelings I used to have for him. I hate that he’ll never understand how much his disappearance from my life broke my heart, because I can never tell him. I can never tell him that he always had my heart, and he took it with him when he left, because it will just make me look like a fool. A fool who waited a
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3.5 stars <3

Wish You Were Mine was one of my most anticipated books,I couldn't wait to start reading it.It was an emotional story full of angst and even though I enjoyed most of the story I felt like something was missing.

I couldn't connect 100% with the characters and there were moments it was a little bit slow for my taste.Maybe if I read it another time I will see it differently but for now it was an ok read.

Wil Loves Books!
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, not-yet-released
Oh man, this one was disappointing, and it totally sucks because this is Tara Sivec and I’m a big fan. I love both her funny and her angsty books (Fisher's Light is an all-time favorite!) but this one definitely fell short. It had a great premise, and the beginning and ending were fantastic, but the execution, especially in the middle, I don’t know what happened there.

So, here’s the deal, Cameron, Everett and Aiden have been best friend’s for many years. Cameron has always been in love with Ever
Stacey is Sassy
***DNF at 25%***

Tapping out early on this one. Too much time jumping and a little too depressing. Don't feel connected to the characters. Their guilt is making me feel guilty because I'm struggling to sympathise with them.

I need and want to want to know more by 25%. I need and want to feel their connection. I need and want to be wishing on their star to make everything alright.

Unfortunately, the stars are hidden behind the clouds and I'm too impatient to wait for the storm to pass. I guess I wa
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
3.5 Stars
This was one of those “the big misunderstanding” reads. Full review coming:)

**ARC graciously provided in exchange for an honest review**
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Everett, Cameron and Aiden have been best friends since they were young. They do everything together but most importantly every year they each write a wish on their birthday and put it in their secret hiding place in the tree house. In their own way they are creating time capsules that they will one day be opened and they would remininsce about the hopes they had and if any of it came to fruition.

Cameron knew very early on that she was in love with one of her best friends. She desperately wanted
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

We already met Cameron for a few seconds in her parents' book THE STORY OF US.
Now here's her own story.
She's been best friends with Aiden and Everett since she was a baby.
Once she turned twelve, she developed feelings for Everett. But ten years later something must've happened, because Everett left to be a doctor in third world countries.
Fast forward four years and Everett receives a letter from Aiden, telling him to get back home. Things have happened and he's needed.
But Everett can't deal with
Zoe
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emotional friends-to-more romance that has plenty of touching moments, lots of introspection, and a little suspenseful intrigue. Enjoyable and certainly teary at times!
Amy
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I refuse to let thoughts of Everett Sutherland mess with my head and my heart when I have something much more important to worry about. He’s a part of my past that I need to let go of, no matter how much it hurts. No matter how much my heart breaks that I didn’t just lose one of my best friends, I lost them both. And I’ll never get either one of them back. “

“I learned my lesson a long time ago that loving Everett did nothing but cause me pain, and I’ll be damned if I get sucked down that rabbit
nick (the infinite limits of love)

The pretty cover of Wish You Were Mine immediately reeled me in. Unfortunately, this just wasn't the book for me. I found the story to be incredibly cheesy, but what was worse was the amount of slut-shaming in the story that completely ruined the book for me.

Wish You Were Mine opened up with an emotional letter written by Aiden to his friend, Everett, after his passing. It was devastating, and broke my heart, but it also built up my hopes that this book would be profound and amazing. While there
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wish You Were Mine by Tara Sivec ~ 4.5 Stars

Oh man! Tara makes me cry buckets again. Wish You Were Mine is another emotional, angsty and heartfelt friends-to-lovers romance. The story is about three childhood best friends Cameron, Aiden and Everett growing up and sharing every moment together. They were inseparable until Everett left town to pursue his dreams, not realizing he left a shattered heart behind.
Five years has past and their lives have changed drastically. Everett received a letter f
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: November 14, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance. Friends to Lovers

Tara Sivec is a talented author. She can write books with the type of humor that will make you giggle snort and pee as well as books with so much heart that your chest swells. In this case, Wish You Were Mine is a heartfelt and emotional read. It's a beautiful story about missed opportunities and second chances. But most of all, it's a book about taking a chance on love and finally going after what you have always w
AJ
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

An emotional, angsty and heartfelt friends-to-lovers story as childhood best friends finally get their chance at first love.

Cameron, Everett and Aiden met as children and became instant best friends when they met at the summer camp run by Cameron’s parents. (In a gorgeous twist, Cameron is the daughter of Shelby and Eli from The Story of Us. You don’t need to have read that book first, but it is a great little tie in for fans of that book to see what became of them and their family). Th
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
3.5 Stars

photo 6CD63B6C-32BA-4A21-9FF1-5A75064C6F9C_zpspibyuo2o.gif

Wish You Were Mine is a 'sweetsy' second-chance type romance. The story of the 'Three Musketeers'- Aiden, Everett, and Cameron- turned into two. The book flip flops from the past years (childhood, teens) to present and what transpired to break up the three close friends. Always vowing to be there for each other, life happened, actions misconstrued, years pass without communication. Until they're reunited. Can they bury the past and clear up the false impressions that have kept each
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Three best friends until a misunderstanding had one making the decision to follow his dreams.

I loved that is it was a second chance love story with your first love but I really wanted to smack some sense into Everett!! He felt something for Cameron the first time he saw her and yes even though Aiden had a crush on her Everett never acted on it.

Fast forward a couple of years and seeing how everyone tells Everett that Cameron and Aiden are perfect for each other he chooses to stay quiet and not p
Kim
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
Everett, Aiden,and Cameron have been friend since they were kids. The two boys were 3 years older than their tomboy counterpart, Cameron, but they swore to be best friends forever...and they were for many years.

As young adults, Everett Southerland made a choice...to follow his dreams of becoming an international Doctor, but he left his friends behind with only sporadic contact with Aiden and cutting off the girl he could never have. He had loved her for years, but never felt good enough
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

We already met Cameron for a few seconds in her parents' book THE STORY OF US.
Now here's her own story.
She's been best friends with Aiden and Everett since she was a baby.
But Everett can't deal with
E-Reader Addict
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Try as I might, I find it difficult to go into each book by a favorite author without expectations. With Tara Sivec, whose book Fisher’s Light is one of my all time favorites (and her Playing With Fire series is a favorite series), the bar is high. Really high. But it happens, so when I don’t connect well with a favorite author’s book, the disappointment is also high. Really high…

Before I begin what will probably look like me ripping this book to shreds, I want to say that had this been a book b
Jessica
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Believe it or not, I have never read a Tara Sivec novel until now. I have seen so many good things about her books, so when I had the chance to review her newest release, I knew it was my time to finally pick one up!

Everett has been gone for five years. And for five years, he hasn't spoken one word to Cameron James, the girl who stole his heart when they first met as kids, but also the girl he knows he can never be good enough for. Cameron is angry. For five years, she hasn't seen or heard from
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

When I saw a new release from Tara Sivec, I jumped all over it. I was all set for a hilarious romp complete with sex toys, inappropriate t-shirts and ridiculous situations. I got none of these, but I’m far from disappointed. Instead of the utter absurdity of her Chocoholic series, I saw the more tender and serious side to Tara Sivec’s writing. I saw characters that broke my heart, frustrated the crap out of me, and ultimately made me adore them.

Wish You Were Mine contains one of my fav
Stacie
Oct 12, 2019 rated it liked it
2 3/4 "Say what you mean to say." Stars!

Wow! Did these two frustrate me! My goodness, every single decision both these main characters made was based in fear. I seriously wanted to knock their heads together and tell them to, "Just talk! Say what's in your heart! Please." Because as frustrating as they both were, I also loved them both and desperately wanted them to FINALLY be together. They loved each other so much.

If you like high angst based all on lack and miscommunication, but with very li
Up All Night Book Addict
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, read-2017
I think Cam and Everett are now on my top list of favorite book couples! Holy moly, these two. The love is strong. The angst is thick. The attraction is heavy.

I fell right into this book from the first page. I definitely did not expect all of the angst and sexual frustration. And let me tell you, it had me in knots. I found myself right in the book with these characters. I wanted for them what they were afraid to achieve.

If you are a Tara Sivec fan, please know this isn't one of her funny books
Rejane
Taking in consideration the age: 30 years old
Miscommunication, slut shaming, adults incapable of talking. Just enough for me.

And again the slut shaming

Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"You can't change the past...you can only move forward and make different choices."

For many readers, this author's name is associated with her very popular romantic comedy series. I wasn't expecting to have my mind blown by this very emotional, beautiful story. It took me to a place that I hadn't gone before and broke my heart, opening my eyes to a situation that I hadn't experienced or been aware of previously. It gave me all the 'feels' and made me fall even more in love with Tara Sivi
Shawna (what.shawna.reads)
4.5 Stars.

Wish You Were Mine by Tara Sivec is the story of Everett returning home and reconnecting with Cameron after the death of their mutual best friend, Aiden. (Please read the synopsis because I’m not actually doing this book justice.)⁣

My favorite tropes are friends to lovers, second chance romances, and fake relationships so I felt like this book was made for me.⁣

I love messy characters who don’t have their shit together and struggle with communication so I loved seeing Cameron and Evere
Kim
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really cannot say enough about Wish You Were Mine. This book is EVERYTHING and I’ll never forget it. Five stars are not nearly enough for the journey Tara Sivec took me on.

The bond between Everett, Cameron and Aiden was magical. Friends for life that are put into a situation which they never could have even imagined.

I absolutely want to delve into every single piece of this book, but you need to be as surprised, heartbroken and in love as I was. I was destroyed, all my pieces were put back to
books are love
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought the Story of Us by Tara Sivec slayed me and pulled me in from the beginning and kept me a beautiful emotional mess but the story of Everett and Cameron took the crown there. From the prologue letter from Aiden that will have you in tears. Like balling beautiful messy fat tears to the first thoughts of Everett and how he is struggling you are captured heart and soul by the characters and their story and the writing of Tara Sivec

Everett and Cameron bring you on an emotional angst filled
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
5 Wish Came True Stars!

Wish you were Mine is one of the best books I've read in 2017. I found myself reading this book extremely slow because I just didn't want this story to end. Wish you were mine had me laughing, wanting to slap Cameron and Everett, and crying right along with them.

Cameron and Everett were best friends growing up until Everett went way to work with Doctors Without Borders. During the 5 long years Everett was gone he had not contact with Cameron. All of that changed when the
Stephanie
3.5 Stars. I loved the way this started out with the past and present timelines and the dual 1st person POVs. I felt like when the past timeline ended, though, it went a little bit downhill for me. I felt like the main characters just kept repeating themselves over and over. The main issue in the story is based on a miscommunication, as well, which always kind of bugs me. I also didn't love Cameron and her short temper all the time. However, there were lots of good moments in the book and I did ...more

• Teaching Roman (Good Girls Don't, #2)
  • First Comes Love (First Comes Love, #1)
  • Limonadentage
  • Ein Augenblick für immer (Die Bücher der Lügenwahrheit, #2)
  • Nebenan funkeln die Sterne
  • Summer on Moonlight Bay / Then There Was You
  • Worn Me Down (Playing with Fire, #3)
  • Imaginary Lines (New York Leopards, #3)
  • Closer to the Edge (Playing with Fire, #4)
  • Halte mich. Hier (Finde-mich-Reihe #2)
  • Strange Bedpersons
  • Das Licht in meiner Dämmerung
  • Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1)
  • Limonadenträume
  • Betting the Bad Boy (Destiny, #2)
  • Cursed Kiss (Gods of Ivy Hall, #1)
  • Sunset Beach - Liebe einen Sommer lang
  • Unexpected (Start Up in the City, #1)
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of