Start by marking “A Rogue by Night (The Devils of Dover, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Rogue by Night (The Devils of Dover, #3)

A Rogue by Night

(The Devils of Dover #3)

From the author who Sarah MacLean calls "a charming, clever, and engaging storyteller" comes the next regency romance in the witty and sexy Devils of Dover series!

Baron. Physician. Smuggler. Sir Harland Hayward is living a double life as an aristocrat by day and a criminal by night. As a doctor, Harland has the perfect cover to appear in odd places in the dead of night, a
Expected publication: May 28th 2019 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about A Rogue by Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rogue by Night

Elena
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, arc, historical, romance
Amy ~ Love At 1st Read
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Kelly Bowen’s books. Within a matter of minutes I’m completely swept away in a beautiful and compelling story with characters that quickly pull me in until I’m lost in their journey and I completely forget the world around me. I’d been anxious for Harland’s story since the start of this series. He was involved in something secretive and I was dying to know more. I knew his story would be outstanding, but I was still amazed at what a thrilling, seductive adventure it turned out to be.

Kat
Debby "Piene Raven"
Although I have not had the opportunity to read books one an two in the series I got bit confused with time period while reading this story. With that being said, I thought the story as a nice read for a Kelly Bowen novel.

It takes place in Dover and Baron Harland Hayward, a doctor meets Katherine, a midwife when a smuggling operation goes bad with her brother Matthew. There were tense moments and danger that started the onset of romance for the H/h. The story was well-written and I enjoyed it.

I
Laurie Gommermann
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Kelly. It was so interesting to learn about smuggling. I finished it in one day. I found Hayward and Kate's lives to be driven by elements beyond their control. Life forced them to make tough decisions and to make hard moral choices. They had to skirt the law to save their families. Luckily they were able to overcome the odds against them and find happiness and true love. I enjoyed Kate's courage and intelligence. Hayward too was a man of honor and integrity and intelli ...more
Em
This cover and his hair style are...distracting and bizarre are the first words that come to mind.

Happily, hidden within is a charming beta-hero and a lovely romance.

AAR review to come.
Shannon Dyer
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc
Round up to 4.5 stars. Bowen rarely disappoints. Review to come at AAR.
MrsMascara
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, especially the way Ms Bowen really allowed the intelligence of Katherine to really shine.

Often in romance novels the heroine is described as intelligent, but we don’t read it on the page, what I really loved in this book was the way we get to see Kate’s competence over and over agin, she is an excellent medic, with a strong strategic mind, and someone who has learnt to control her emotions and think on her feet.

Katherine is the daughter in a family of smugglers, she
Niki
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: priority, arc, steamy
Lord Harland Hayward wears many hats. He's a baron and a doctor but also moonlights as a smuggler at night. His role as a doctor gives him legitimate excuses to pop up in odd places and times when he's bringing in illegal cargo. He's done what he must to save his family's finances but even though his coffers are now full and the family business is thriving, he's stuck in a 20 year contract with a London crime lord known as King with no way out.

Katherine Wright grew up in a family of smugglers an
Amy Alvis
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Harland and Katherine's story!!

Katherine grew up being a smuggler, but left and made another life for herself. Upon returning home, she is once again caught up in the local smuggling ring. When she meets the new doctor, she is intrigued, but can't let him find out what she and her family are apart of. But why does the man keep turning up everywhere she goes?

Harland turned to smuggling to keep his family's struggling business afloat. But he made a bargain with someone who needs him to ke
3.5 stars. Another great title by Kelly Bowen--but not my favorite. She does adventure and suspense really well, though.
Jean A
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of romance all wrapped up with lots of action. A nod also to the author's use of real history - first romance I've read with French POWs being smuggled out of England. Recommended read!
Pgchuis
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, netgalley
I received a copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley.

Review to follow on 14 May 2019.
Alessandra
Apr 06, 2019
Andreajanel
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is exactly why Kelly Bowen is on my auto-buy list. The hero and heroine are unconventional, but not so unconventional that their characters seem unrealistic for the historical setting. Katherine is the shrewd daughter of a smuggler who has acquired and honed medical expertise not commonly found in a woman. Harland is a titled lord who rescued his family from the brink of financial ruin and is now bound in a web of obligation he can't escape. Sweat, stealth and blood throw them together ...more
Stephanie Lunsford panach
as with the other two Devils of Dover books - this book features a woman beyond her time, but unlike the other books she is joined with a very accepting and forward thinking male. I love books with beta heroes. Truly - is there anything better than a man who isn't threatened by a woman and lets her stand up and be herself? In this book - not only does Katherine save the day but she does it in pants while holding the respect of all the otehr males around her. Its no wonder Harland immediately fal ...more
Laura J.
Apr 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
The story takes place in Dover a few years after Waterloo. Dr. Harland Hayward is a doctor, ex-field surgeon and a Baron. He meets Katherine, a midwife and surgeon, when a smuggling operation goes bad. The respect, admiration and desire between the two was honest and refreshing. The dialogue was smart, the tense moments when danger was near and the romance were well written.

This is the third book in this series and a big improvement over #2. My only objection was the off kilter time period. At t
Cheryl
Apr 02, 2019
Kezz
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelly Bowen takes the third book up a notch in her Devils of Dover series. I enjoyed the first two in this series, but A Rogue by Night is my favourite of the three. Dr Harland Hayward (Lord Strathmore) feels responsible to the smugglers on the coast whose network he has to use to honour his deal with King. He provides medical care to the smugglers, who risk injury or worse from an increasingly aggressive Captain Buhler and his armed forces. The daughter of a smuggler, Katherine Wright has recen ...more
Alana
rated it it was ok
Feb 15, 2019
Cher
Apr 02, 2019
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
I received a digital ARC of this novel courtesy of NetGalley and Forever in exchange for an honest and voluntary review. Will post full review closer to publication date of May 28, 2019.
CynnieRose
Mar 17, 2019
Pamela
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katherine Wright is sick of the smuggling business. It has nearly cost her brother and father their lives and she wants them out of it for good. But, how can she convince them to leave it behind. That is where Harland Hayward enters the picture.

Unbeknownst to Katherine, Harland is also in the smuggling business. He uses his connections as a baron and a physician to get away with it. Harland is just in it until he repays a debt to someone. When that someone demands he rescue four foreign prisone
Meccalynette
Nita
Mar 22, 2019
Jane
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*****A Rogue by Night is a captivating period story about a peer of the British realm who despite society’s mores is a practicing surgeon, and a female midwife/healer raised by a family of smugglers. This pair, however, have more in common than healing. Fate brings them together for a dangerous rescue mission. That alone should keep the reader turning pages, but Ms. Bowen is most adept at painting word pictures that draw the reader into the exciting story of intrigue and seduction. The plot is a ...more
Ana Serrano
Sep 28, 2018
  • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
  • Ten Things I Hate About the Duke (Difficult Dukes, #2)
  • A Dark and Stormy Knight (Victorian Rebels, #7)
  • The Scoundrel in Her Bed (Sins for All Seasons, #3)
  • The Devil Comes Courting (The Worth Saga #3)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • No Other Duke But You (Playful Brides, #11)
  • When a Duchess Says I Do (Rogues to Riches #2)
  • Say No to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #4)
  • This Scot of Mine (The Rogue Files, #4)
  • A Duke in Disguise (Regency Imposters, #2)
  • The Art of Theft (Lady Sherlock, #4)
  • When a Rogue Meets His Match (Greycourt, #2)
  • Lady Derring Takes a Lover (The Palace of Rogues #1)
  • The Bluestocking (Wicked Wallflowers, #4)
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
  • Never Deny a Duke (Decadent Dukes Society, #3)
Kelly Bowen grew up in Manitoba, Canada. She worked her way through her teenage years as a back country trail guide and ranch hand. She attended the University of Manitoba and earned a Master of Science degree in veterinary physiology and endocrinology.

But it was Kelly's infatuation with history and a weakness for a good love story that led her down the path of historical romance. When she is not

The Devils of Dover (4 books)
  • A Duke in the Night (The Devils of Dover, #1)
  • Last Night with the Earl (The Devils of Dover, #2)
  • Night of the Scoundrel (The Devils of Dover, #3.5)