Start by marking “Venus Trines at Midnight: Love Poems from Linda Goodman: Love Poems from Linda Goodman” as Want to Read:

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  114 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Linda Goodman is the world's best-known astrologer. Her three books, Sun Signs, Love Signs, and Star Signs have sold over 40 million copies in many languagaes. Known to her friends as both a poet and a romantic, Linda Goodman's view of the world was influencd by the astrology she understood so well. That unique combination of talents produced this charming and profound boo ...more
Published February 1st 1998 by Hampton Roads Publishing Company (first published 1970)

Ramya (Idea Smith)
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Anybody who read Linda Goodman's 'Love Signs' in their teenage years (and that's when most of us read it, I think) will remember the bits of poetry scattered across its chapters. They were all excerpts from this book and her other, 'Gooberz'. I've been looking for 'Venus trines at Midnight' for many years and only came across it recently.

VTAM is a collection of astrological poetry/essays about the zodiac archetypes and their relationships to each other. But it is also a volume of insights into h
Hazellucia
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: astrology, poetry
A good amount of astrology has to be known to understand this. At the very least, I would have been lost if I didn't know as much as I knew. Linda Goodman is such a magical writer, and it's noticeable through her astrology books. It's good to know she created this gem to go along with the rest of her astrological wisdom.
Feb 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Linda Goodman's poetry caused me to appreciate her even more as a writer. A must-have for any literature-loving astrologer who collects astrology books!
ofwoodsandbone
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I just love these poems. Raw, honest, funny and unflinching.
Caeylin
Dec 09, 2008 rated it liked it
Some really beautiful and revealing poems.
Sheila Kanja
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
A must read!!
Hesione
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
Found this on the free books bookshelf at my library. Eeeh her poems are kind of elementary. But I like the efficiency and condensed writing of poetry, so.
Fishface
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: astrology, poetry
These range from so-so to really good. I have to say some of these read as if Goodman said to herself, Gee, I need to write something about Neptune, too, don't I? Let me see what I can scratch together. Others seem to come right from the heart, though.
Sarb
Aug 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Nice collection of poems with an astrological bent. The good ones are really good (and there are a few that really touched me), but some are probably more open to appreciation by those with a deeper understanding of astrology and sunsign attributes.
Misti Rainwater-Lites
Jan 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I love these poems. I don't own this book but hope to someday. It's hard to find.
Daniel
May 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Overall this was an enjoyable, quirky book of poems. I say more about it at danielshankcruz.com.
Eartha
Mar 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
I had this one then I lost it when I moved overseas. So sorry that I lost it, as it's out of print now.
Shreya Sharma
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Love the poems :))
Joanne Carreon
rated it did not like it
Sep 09, 2016
Nov 29, 2015
Brindha
Oct 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Born on a Rotten Day: Illuminating and Coping with the Dark Side of the Zodiac
  • Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living
  • New Moon Astrology: Using New Moon Power Days to Change and Revitalize Your Life
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • Astrology for Lovers
  • Chart Interpretation Handbook: Guidelines for Understanding the Essentials of the Birth Chart
  • A Practical Guide to the Runes: Their Uses in Divination and Magic
  • Parker's Astrology: The Definitive Guide to Using Astrology in Every Aspect of Your Life (New Edition)
  • The Twelve Houses: Introduction to the Houses in Astrological Interpretation
  • Dancing with Dragons
  • True Magick: A Beginner's Guide
  • A Witch's Guide To Faery Folk: How to Work With the Elemental World
  • The Crystal Bible 2
  • Pluto, Volume I: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul (Llewellyn Modern Astrology Library)
  • Astral Travel for Beginners: Transcend Time and Space with Out-Of-Body Experiences
  • Sex Signs: Every Woman's Astrological and Psychological Guide to Love, Health, Men and More!
  • The Complete Book of Astrology
  • The Truth About Witchcraft Today
Linda Goodman assumed the name Linda during World War II for a popular WCOM radio show in Parkersburg that she hosted called Love Letters from Linda. Each show consisted of Linda reading letters written between soldiers and their loved ones. Each letter was punctuated with a popular song of the day. While working in radio, she met her second husband, Sam O. Goodman, and took his last name. He bega ...more
More about Linda Goodman