Start by marking “Three Strikes (Audrey Harte, #3)” as Want to Read:
Three Strikes (Audrey Harte, #3)

Three Strikes

(Audrey Harte #3)

Thanksgiving is approaching, and Audrey Harte has a lot to be thankful for -- her mother has recovered from surgery, her relationship with Jake is solid, her father is relatively sober, and her career is evolving in an exc
Published November 7th 2017 by Redhook

Jaclyn
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not really sure what it is about this series that I like so much. Generally, I'm not much for morally ambiguous characters and Audrey Harte is that. The people of this small town in Maine are truly messed up, but it does make for a suspenseful and engaging storyline.
Tez
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rate this book 4 stars (out of 5), which may not be apparent from the rest of this post. Also, I read this during summer, which is my worst time of year.

Three Strikes is not a thriller, but there are three mysteries to solve:

-Who's Mackenzie Bell's biological father, and who's warning her away from finding out?
-What were the circumstances surrounding Mike LeBlanc's death?
-Who's responsible for the recent dead body?

One of the things I appreciate most about this series is that Audrey Harte kille
Luanne Ollivier
Three Strikes by Kate Kessler is one of my rare DNF's. I tried numerous times to get into the book, but just couldn't. Why, you ask?

I was initially intrigued by the description of the book - "Three Strikes is the new novel in a thriller series where a criminal psychologist uses her own dark past to help law enforcement catch dangerous killers." Sounds like a great premise.

What I should have noted was that this was the third book in a series. Now, some authors make it easy to jump into their seri
Teresa
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another stunning and thrilling read with my favorite psychologist, Audrey Harte.
This one picks up just where the second book ending, and it focuses on Audrey helping Maggie's daughter find her biological father.
What I really love about this book was the growth you see from Audrey and Jake...something that keeps me coming back to this series.
Thanks to Hachette for the ARC!
Mortisha Cassavetes
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
Amazing! This is the third book in the Audrey Harte series and I really loved it. The story follows Audrey as she finds out the town she lives in has secrets that some people would kill to protect. Maggie Jones' daughter comes to town looking for her father so Audrey puts herself in the middle to search for clues. I don't want to go into the story more as to not spoil it. I highly recommend this book as well as the series.
Sarah Melitzer
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This was okay. A positive okay, but still and okay nonetheless.
I loved loved loved the first one in this series; the second was alright, and now this one is alright as well. I can’t quite put my dog eat on what is lacking for me other than to say that I just want more. I like Kessler’s writing; the characters are likeable yet not perfect, the plots are solid, and there’s a few red herrings along the way. However I want more! More suspense and thrills; more of that feeling I had when I read the
L R
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
we need a mini series for Audrey Harte!
Jane
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I pre-ordered this book last year after reading the first two. I seldom buy books but had to have this one. There were some delays with publishing but worth the wait. I love the continuing story of Audrey and the other characters as they evolve. Each book has some mystery, conflict and love in it. I look forward to Four of a Kind when it is published.
Brieanna
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! Such a thrilling and twisting addition to the Audrey Harte series. Kessler knows how to keep her readers on edge and wanting more. I was blown away by every plot in this but and by how I couldn’t predict a thing. This book is just as good, if not better, than its predecessors (and that’s saying something!) I cannot wait for the fourth novel in this thrilling series that has kept me wanting more and more.
Louisa
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so fantastic! There were a lot of threads-Mac's dad, what happened at the Ridge at the time-Mike's death, and some consequences of Scott's death! Such a great book, and I can't wait to read more!
Zelda
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brianna
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was anxiously awaiting this addition in the series for several months after quickly going through the first two books. This is one of, if not, my favorite series of all time. I can’t believe that these are the only three books of Kate Kessler’s with how well written they are in my opinion.

I love Audrey Harte. I believe the set up of this character and her evolution throughout the series could not be any better. There is so much to find interesting about her and sooo many of the other characte
Viva
Jul 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
I found the writing bland and the characters flat. It was difficult to read and I felt that the characters were just names that speech was attached to instead of being fleshed out characters.

I had to read some pages/passages several times in order to understand it and I had to consciously focus to try to stay with the text. This is one of those books I read just to finish instead of enjoying it.

I gave this one star as per GR's 5 star rating system because I didn't like it. It does not necessar
Crystal
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book series has become one of my favorites, not because of intensely great writing or incredibly complex plots, but because the continuity between the books is very satisfying; you really feel like you know and understand almost all of the characters and you have almost a rapport with them.
I think the series is well-written, but it's somewhat repetitive with the "murderer" theme, however, it is probable that anyone that had the life experiences Audrey has had would feel the way she does. A
Sharon
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good psychological thriller and this book is brilliant. I’ve never read anything by this author before, so I wasn’t completely sure what to expect. I’m so glad I chose to read this book. Audrey, the heroine in the story is a wonderful character and I do like how she has a sense of humor, makes her a lot more real. I love the mystery of this plot and it held my attention from the get-go. This is a great book and a wonderful way to spend a few hours, it’s a page-turner and not a book that ...more
Jeanine
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my kind of series with people I care about. Not for everyone, for sure. Audrey continues to battle her ghosts and begins to find meaning in the past she wants to forget but won't leave her alone. This time she is helping a teenager find out who her bio parents are and then the bodies start to pile up. More than one mystery to unravel...plus life goes on for Audrey ,her boyfriend, Jake, and all those crazy family members! There is another one coming! Thank you, Kate Kessler!
Andrea
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I am enjoying this series. Audrey has an interesting background in that she was in a juvenile detention center for killing her best friend's father. That time in her life shapes her current decisions and has changed her profoundly. The books are mysteries and thrillers, with characters that I really like. This one has a surprise ending. I'll continue reading this series that takes place in Maine.
Tameka
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I didn't think things couldn't any more convoluted. I was so very wrong. At least this time there was no attempt on Audrey's life by a psycho killer obsessed with her this time. Just when she thought moving on was possible Maggie's daughter pops up which creates a whole different kind of situation.
It's nice to see that his family will take up for him and that they have his back when things get harry. Glad that the older brother is getting his shit together.
Arden
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
So...I’m currently on page 109 and debating on whether or not to continue reading. I’m really disappointed in the plot of the third book. I fell in love with Kate within the second chapter of “it takes one”. I finished “two can play” in less than two days with a full time job. As soon as I finished the second book I got the third one IMMEDIATELY. But “three strikes” has taken me a week to read because I find it...bland, very boring. I honestly don’t even know if I’ll finish it.
Sally
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received this as an advance read from Goodreads. I first went back and read Audrey Harte #1 and #2. I give this book 3.5. I am really enjoying the characters and the small town setting. I believe this book would be hard to follow if you hadn't read one or both of the earlier ones. A good series - a "goodread"!
ME
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This book seems like the filling in a sandwich cookie. Not that it was bad... it wasn't. It just seemed like Kessler needed a bridge between book two and book four to move the characters along in the larger plot. Not much suspense here. Not much mortal combat. But a good story (if HIGHLY predictable) that serves its purpose.
Sherrie
Pretty good plot snd characters—and they’ve improved since the first in the series—but the writing is pretty amateurish. And GET AN EDITOR. If I read “arched a brow” or “back the Ridge” one more time I was going to throw the book through a window. Seriously.
Teresa
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

This is my new favorite series. Loved this book and would have given it 5 stars, but the resolution of the murder seemed like an afterthought (oh yeah, I better resolve this...). Otherwise, an outstanding book and can't wait for #4.
Neeuqdrazil
I'm kind of loving Audrey.
Kellie
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Ehhh .. not as exciting as the first two. It did not get exciting until toward the end of the book.
Sierra W.
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars.
Donna
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these books. I am reading the fourth in the series now. The plots are full of twists and turns. Excellent read!!
Megan Gaskill
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is phenomenal!!! I absolutely love the the way this book tied things up in the end. I don’t think I’ll even be able to wait for the library to open, I’ll rent the ebook right now!
Bethel
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The twisted tale continues criminal psychologist Audrey Harte. But she didn't kill anyone !!
Sarah Ramsey
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm getting better at predicting, but still love the way she writes. Definitely preordering book 4.

• Sacrificial Muse (Sabrina Vaughn #2)
  • Charmed Circle (A Cass Shipton Mystery, #2)
  • Charade: Her Billionaire - Paris (Her Billionaire, #1)
  • Chasin' Mason
  • Fatal Reckoning (Fatal, #14)
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • Gone to Her Death (Lloyd & Hill, #3)
  • A Very English Christmas (Gay Amish Romance, #3.5)
  • Familiar Angel (Familiar Love #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Forever (Six Pack Ranch #12; Rocky Mountain House #17)
  • In Time for Christmas (Out of Time, #10.5)
  • The Marrying Kind
  • Waves Break My Fall
  • Analyzing Emory
  • Christmas in Destiny (Destiny, #7)
  • Death in a Darkening Mist (Lane Winslow #2)
  • Love and Other Games (A Very Sexy Short Story Collection)
  • Piece of My Heart (Rough Riders Legacy, #2)
As a child Kate Kessler seemed to have a knack for finding trouble, and for it finding her. A former delinquent, Kate now prefers to write about trouble rather than cause it, and spends her day writing about why people do the things they do. She lives in New England with her husband. - See more at: http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titl...

Audrey Harte (5 books)
  • It Takes One (Audrey Harte, #1)
  • Two Can Play (Audrey Harte, #2)
  • Four of a Kind (Audrey Harte #4)
  • Zero Hour (Audrey Harte #5)