Start by marking “Romancing the Throne” as Want to Read:
Romancing the Throne

Romancing the Throne

Scandal, secrets, and heartbreak abound in this juicy, modern girl-meets-prince story—perfect for fans of Stephanie Perkins and Jennifer E. Smith. "Maybe sisters aren’t supposed to fall for the same guy, but who can mess with chemistry? A divine romantic comedy" (Brightly.com).

For the first time ever, the Weston sisters are at the same boarding school. After an administrat
Published May 30th 2017 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about Romancing the Throne, please sign up.
Stephanie
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Nadine Courtney Yes, good memory! That was the working title, and it was recently (officially) changed to Romancing the Throne.

Cait • A Page with a View
I wanted to read this the second I saw it was inspired by Kate & Pippa and involved a British boarding school. But oh my goodness... this was definitely one of the most cringeworthy reads I've ever found.

The main character Charlotte is from new money and is preoccupied with her image & status. Prince Edward (William) and her friends at school are from old money. She hangs out with them but doesn't truly feel like she belongs... you know the drill at this point.

It felt like Gossip Girl

“I love you. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But I don’t know what to do – I’ve never felt this way about anybody.”

This was a YA story about two sisters and a prince.

Charlotte was quite loud at times, and didn’t seem to be shy about voicing her opinion, even when it led to embarrassing scenes. I didn’t like how much she held a grudge either, especially against her sister who was like her best f
emi
Buddy reading with Scrill, who'll I'll tag when I'm not lazy. so probably never

I don't care if this is the worst book ever. I'm too in love with the normal girl meets a prince trope to care.
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
[Spanish review at the end]

"It's a great reminder that you can't control what happens to you—but you can control how you react to it".

Romancing the Throne is a very light and fast-paced book I'd definitely recommend if you're trying to get out of a reading slump or if you need to relax a bit in between more complex reads.

Here's the story of two sisters, Charlotte and Libby, who are new money thanks to their mother's emerging business and so they've been attending the greatest schools in the UK.
Jilly Gagnon
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a charming, unique romance for all of us royals-obsessed Americans!

A roman a clef to the Middleton sisters (with the twist that Charlotte (Pippa), the younger sister, dated Edward (Wills) first!), it's juicy, plotty, and delicious FUN.

Perfect beach read, whether or not you have a beach at hand!
Jen Ryland
As a huge Anglophile, I really enjoyed this story about sisters who date the future king of England at boarding school. (Yes, there's technically a triangle, but the prince's relationship with one sister ends before he takes up with the other.)

Charlotte's the younger sister. She's outgoing and obsessed with fashion, make-up, and her phone. Older sister Libby is shyer and more serious. Edward, who is about to take up official duties as a royal. has the weight of the world on his shoulders. (Can y
Christina
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fun, fluffy, flirty romp! Perfect for fans of The Royal We and all things UK!
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
3.5/5 stars

Romancing the Throne is a standalone YA contemporary romance. This is my first book by this author.

I am not sure how to rate this book. I was looking for a cute, quick YA romance that was set in Britain and that featured two sisters and a prince. However, since I hate spoilers I did not read the entire book blurb before reading the book. So I did not know that the book featured a love triangle. I don't dislike love triangles. But the fact that this one featured two sisters did not sit
Scrill
Aug 17, 2017 marked it as dnf
Nope. Nope. Nope. I gave it 3 chapters. I can't read a book about social climbing and superficial stuff, it honestly just made me feel awful.

Buddy read with Emi. Expectations not high, but not everything has to be oh so serious. Hoping this jump starts her out of her reading slump either way.
Amanda Searcy
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun and light—but also with a deep side. Yes, it's about a royal romance, but at its core it's really a story about sisters. This is your summer beach read!
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
This had the potential to be a fun read, reminiscent of The Royal We. Instead it is an aggressively average contemp set in England woth characters who somehow talk like Californians (calling the Crown Prince "dude"?)

The plot is formulaic, the characters stick to their expected roles and easily predicted outcomes. Meh.
Stacee
May 21, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf, read-in-2017
DNF at 23%

I was intrigued by this synopsis, but within the first chapter, I knew it wasn't going to work for me.

I couldn't stand to be in Charlotte's head. She comes across as shallow and her main goal in life is marrying Prince Edward, who goes to her school. Her inner monologue is all about selfies and make up and what heels she needs to wear. It got super old, super fast.

I'm not rating it because I understand that I am not the demographic and maybe teens will be all over this. Plus, I did r
Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
it wasn't amazing, but it was enjoyable fluff. it could have gone deeper especially with the sister issues but i wasn't expecting too much. also i sort of wish (and sort of thought) this was going to be in libby's POV not charlotte's POV before i started it so that threw me off. overall, i liked it.
Gillian Berry
I was so excited for this. I'm trash for sibling love triangles, and I'm trash for the British royal family, so this sounded perfect for me. However, I realized right off the bat I wasn't going to like the voice of the narrator, which veers between comically over-British and weirdly Californian and doesn't feel believable either way. The second strike was when I realized this is NOT dual POV between both sisters, and is instead only from the POV of the one (view spoiler) ...more
Luna
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
The author's attempt to write about these teens were a bit cringey and not the greatest representation of teen's today.
Josie
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 Stars

Do you have royal fever as bad as I do? If so, you'll want to pick up this summery chicklit/Brit-lit by Nadine Courtney, Romancing the Throne. I typically love these royal-type romance novels, and don't get me wrong, I really did enjoy this read, however, for me, this one started off excellent and ended on a fairly high point as well however the middle sort of lost me. Definitely a book that includes themes of family, romance, royals, self discovery, betrayal, etc and what a fun twist
Giselle
Two sisters who are into the same Prince. Meh. I dislike the narration of the main character because she seemed too shallow for me. I also hated how these characters were supposed to be British, but sounded like Americans instead.

This was all substance from what I read, and I'm not wasting any more time on something I'm not enjoying.

----

So I have this thing where I can't let a book go wondering if it'll get better, soooo I picked it back up and skim read. It got sooooo much better. Better devel
Bookevin
Apr 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF at page 145.

I just can't take it anymore. The writing is sub-par and the characters—who border on vapid—seem like they only know the words "hot" and "awesome".

And don't get me started on how AMERICAN this book sounds, especially when it's set in England and the characters are English. Girl.
Wellness Kids
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling ride amongst the elite! would highly recommend!!! A page turner for sure
Katie
Another "almost" kind of book. I really appreciated that for once the book was from the point of view of the sister who likes makeup and fashion instead of the "bookish" sister. I also really liked that said makeup/fashion was allowed to like and be good at sports. AND she (view spoiler) In other words, not a cliche!

I also thought the prince was the right balance of seeming like a real guy, with some unusual pressures on him.

But the execution just wasn't great. Th
Amanda (Fandomly Bookish)
Apr 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
If you're craving for royals infused with sisters type of drama, then this book is definitely right up your alley. I was really hoping that I would like this one since I'm into Princes, Princesses, Royalty, Throne and all that. But sadly this book...wasn't for me.

Even though, there were a couple of redeeming elements towards the end part of the book and Charlotte's character really changed... One of the situations that happened early on just left a very bad taste in my mouth. I couldn't get pass
Nia
May 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars, contemporary
I was hoping this would be fun but there were too many YA cliches so that took the joy out of it.I mean, a prince and socialites (who are sisters) and love the same guy, talk about the obvious plot.

I was excited to read it because this sounded like a cute YA but it turned out to be boring and honestly I didn't care about the plot that much or the characters.
Kathy
Aug 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great beach read! The story is engaging and fun. I finished it in a few days. And as someone who has a sister, I definitely appreciated and related to the struggles in the sibling relationship. Can't wait to devour the author's next book.
Anna Bright
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, contemporary
Well, that was just impossibly charming. Sweet and flirty romance-- but a sister story at the bottom of things.
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
The fact that it's inspired by Kate and Pippa is fantastic.
Kayla (Kayla's Book Nook)
*3.5 Stars*

Once I saw the synopsis of this book, I was sold. I love light, fun, modern stories about royalty and family ties, so I had a feeling I'd love Romancing the Throne.

I did really enjoy certain aspects of it, but overall, with all of its aspects tied together, this book just wasn't a favourite of mine. It was for sure fluffy and cute, but there were still major flaws that I couldn't really overlook.

To synopsize, this story follows a teen girl named Charlotte, who is competing with her si
Marie
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I expected this to be a fun, quick and cute read and it was. A bit of unnecessary drama at times, but I still had a good time reading this :)
Also, I'm late at reviewing this, because I keep forgetting to and my memory is blanking at the moment. Will recover soon with a full review (or, will try to).
Amber
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Nothing mind-boggling in terms of royal-romances
Chelsea
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it
The Royal We it was not.
Becki
May 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Well this was just an utter disappointment. Here is was expecting a fluffy read in the vein of The Prince and I and instead I got a taste of insufferable whining and a book pretty much solely focused on vanity and social climbing.

Being in Charlottes head was excruciating. Her inner monologues on looks and social behaviours was nauseating. Ok I get it I was a teenager once we do focus on societies ideals and less on individuality but we did not focus our every waking moment on it and we certainl
  • Wicked Like a Wildfire (Hibiscus Daughter, #1)
  • Empress of a Thousand Skies (Empress of a Thousand Skies, #1)
  • Poison's Kiss (Poison's Kiss, #1)
  • Sea Witch (Sea Witch, #1)
  • Royal Bastards (Royal Bastards, #1)
  • Beast: A Tale of Love and Revenge
  • Here Lies Daniel Tate
  • Given to the Sea (Given Duet, #1)
  • These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1)
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
  • When Dimple Met Rishi
  • Shimmer and Burn (Shimmer and Burn, #1)
  • The Black Witch (The Black Witch Chronicles, #1)
  • #famous
  • Heart of Thorns (Heart of Thorns, #1)
  • Letters to the Lost (Letters to the Lost, #1)
  • The Freemason's Daughter
  • League of American Traitors
Nadine Jolie Courtney is the author of ROMANCING THE THRONE and the forthcoming ALL-AMERICAN MUSLIM GIRL (FSG/2019). Under her maiden name Nadine Haobsh, she is also author of BEAUTY CONFIDENTIAL and CONFESSIONS OF A BEAUTY ADDICT.

Nadine is a Circassian-American, a Muslim, and a believer that compassion and education can make the world a better place.

An avowed Anglophile, Nadine has worked for Sar