Start by marking “Restless Sea Lord (Legendary Bastards of the Crown, #1)” as Want to Read:
Restless Sea Lord (Legendary Bastards of the Crown, #1)

Restless Sea Lord

(Legendary Bastards of the Crown #1)

Book 1

Rowen the Restless is one of the bastard triplets of King Edward III. At birth, the king ordered them killed, fearing the superstitions of triplets being evil spawns of the devil who would only bring him bad luck. However, someone didn't want the babies to die, and the boys' lives were saved in secret.

Now, over two decades later, Rowen and his brothers, Rook and Re
Published October 3rd 2016 by RoseScribe Media Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Restless Sea Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restless Sea Lord

Lynn
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Fine, but not great. Well, the title...Legendary Bastards...it sorta says it all, right?
Lori D
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Imagine being a triplet and finding out at 12 that you were the bastard son's of the king. Three brothers now grown up only seek revenge against their Sire. But as this pirate tale goes, Rowan and his brothers, Rook and Reed, were split up by forces prevailing in their homeland of Scotland. Rowan our hero, is now commanding his own ship and working with his brothers who he found. Stealing from the king and bringing the riches back to Scotland, they are termed the Demon Thief.. Nobody knows that ...more
Lesley
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had no idea that children of multiple births were considered cursed during the Middle Ages and so it was fascinating to read a story about a set of triplets; bastard sons of the King of England. The prologue sets the scene for the 12 year old boys to find out the truth of their lineage and how they come to be separated. It would have been interesting to have had a couple of chapters about Rowan's life as a pirate in the intervening years between the prologue and chapter 1 and how the triplets ...more
Sydney
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Martha
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical-fic
Very up and down, started off with excitement then dwindled, that is about the way the whole book went, up down up down...
Diana Aden
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Restless Sea Lord is an exciting first book in the series Legendary Bastards of the Crown by Elizabeth Rose. Before I read this book I reread again Destiny's Kiss, which is a prequel novella to this series. While it is not necessary to read it before Restless Sea Lord, it does help lay the groundwork for the series.
In the prologue for Restless Sea Lord, 12-year old triplets, Rowen, Rook, and Reed, survive a bloodthirsty attack on Scotland by King Edward of England. That is the night the boys dis
Susan Harrowa
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book one in a fantastic new series!!

Elizabeth Rose has once again written the first book in a new series that will have wishing the other books were already written!!

Restless is Rowen's story. He is the first born of a set of triplets in time when superstition feared twins, let alone triplets. If that wasn't cursed enough, they we're the bastard sons of a king. A king who ordered them killed at birth.

Rowen and his brothers are raised to hate the king not knowing he is their father. Finding tha
Roslyn Stillman
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great start to another great series. Restless Sea Lord is the first in the series of Legendary Bastards of the Crown. This books gets you interested from page1. It starts when the 3 boys are 12yrs old and find out who they really are.
Even though they have all had very different lives, they find each other and work together to do right even though everyone thinks they are no good.
As usual I love the way Ms Rose has written this book, with adventure, suspense and romance. One that will kee
Rosemary Hughes
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The eldest triplet, Rowan, ends up kidnapping the Lady Cordelia from Whitehaven, because she had listen to the discussion between the three triplets, and if left alone, may have given away the secret surrounding the identity of the Restless Pirate.
This turn of events pushed these two together, on board the pirate vessel. He had promised to protect her from his crew, thus forcing them in close proximity to each other. The initial attraction only grew.
I feel that I would not give too much of this
Lauralee Wiltsie
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: medieval
I really loved Cordelia and Rowen's story. I felt that the king was doing the triplets a very big disservice by not legitimizing them. I also believe that Rook and Reed shouldn't have Bland Rowen for accepting an alliance with the King, particularly since he really didn't have a choice. He should never have been put in a position where he had to choose between his family and the woman he loved. This is part of a boxed set that's called legendary Bastards of the crown. I still have to read the ot ...more
Bettye McKee
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rowen the Restless, firstborn of the triplets

The triplets are scattered at age 12 when King Edward III invades their homeland. They run to a monastery for sanctuary, but pirates come in to loot the place. Rowen is captured by the pirates and pressed into service aboard their ship.

Ten years later, Rowen is captain of the pirate ship and stealing as much as he can from King Edward on land and sea. He is joined by his brothers, Rook and Reed, to steal a shipment going to King Edward. In the melee,
Maggie Whitworth
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
❤❤❤❤
💋💋
Being separated from his family , his brothers Reed and Rook , Rowen is taken aboard ship , much against his will , forced into a crew , no care or love just hard work .
He swears he will come back and someone will pay .
Years later Rowen the Restless as he’s now known is back partly reunited with his brothers and looking for vengeance retribution and payback from his blood father King Edward .
A great book and beginning to this series . Loved it .
I read an advanced copy of this book and ch
Amanda Geard
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Have had this in my Kindle for while now but never felt drawn to it. However, being ill and stuck in bed and wanting a light read I thought i'd give it a go and was pleasantly surprised. The book is well paced with some interesting (although not completely accurate!) historical ideas and some good likeable characters.
Enjoyed the (totally unbelievable) HEA and have decided to try the next in the series.
Cheryl
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fast paced story full of adventure and action. It focuses on Rowan, one of the king’s triplet bastards and his meeting with Lady Cordelia. They have an attraction but think nothing can come of it as she is a noble and he is a pirate. It also explains how the triplets were separated and what they have been doing since being reunited. This was an entertaining read.
Meg
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok

I had a problem with the female character in this book. She just seemed selfish through most of the book. Especially at the end. It was all about what she wanted and it didn’t seem like she cared that he would be giving up everything for her. Even his honor.

So what is basically an all right read just disgusted me in the end.
Kat Green
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous beginning of an exciting trilogy filled with romance, humor and suspense. I also bought the audio books for this series (be sure to read the prequel) and give 5*s to the narrator for bringing these wonderful characters to life.
Kbee
Audible Romance Package

AUDIOBOOK: Read March 29 2018
7hrs 31min

Narrator: Brian J Gill does a great job.
Do not judge this book by its cover! Which as a pretty ugly guy on it in my opinion sure they could've done better.
It's a great story! Love how the brothers have each others back even though they don't always see things the same way.
Cynthia Houser
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Restless

This was a good book. I wasn't ready for it to end. I like Rowan as a pirate. I hope the characters show up in the following books. I recommend this book. Look forward to the next book.
Janice Smith-gentry
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A good read.

I guess my mother would have been shunned because she is a twin and left handed. I never knew that to be a curse on medieval times. I love all the characters. On to book two.
Mari
Meh , wasn’t that into it .
Barbara R. Cady
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A twist

This sea captain book is a bit different from a lot in it's plot which made it pleasant to read.
Sonya
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Very interesting and kept my interest from the start. It also makes me want to continue the series. Thanks Ms. Rose for a good mind escape!!
Patricia
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bastard son of a king turned pirate - widow determined her next marriage will be for love. Good story.
Elaine Gumbs
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a tale.

I was so absorbed in this story I seriously could not put it down. Loved it and now want to read book two.
kattie
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Restless Sea Lord

I loved this story, I recommend everyone to read this book, I look forward to reading more of her books. Kattie
Faye
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Interesting history about superstitions about twins and triplets in the time period, but failed to pull me in. Queen Phillipa's rose was a nice surprise.
Christine Smith
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
A good story. But too much sexual detail!

It is a plausible story, sometimes thrilling. The story is
spoiled by so much sexual detail. I do not think it is necessary!
Amanda
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good story

It was great historical romance. It took some liberties with history but that is the fun of historical romance. Bravo.
Mervin Barrett
Jul 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Erotic

I just couldn't handle the sexual part of this book. I'm not sure if there is a real story other than sexual overtures. Uck!!
Barbara
May 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
It was OK. Not enough character development and just could not feel for them.

• Conquering William (Sir Arthur's Legacy,  #3)
  • Taming a Savage Gentleman (Taming the Heart, #5)
  • Guarded by the Warrior (Conquered Bride Series Book 5)
  • The Gentle Knight (The Norman Conquest, #2)
  • She Walks in Power (Protectors of the Spear #1)
  • Ghost of the Highlands: Tales of the Isles - 1 (Highland Legends Book 6)
  • When a Laird Finds a Lass (A Highland Fairy Tale, #2)
  • Pirate Heiress
  • A Warrior's Pledge (Highland Bodyguards #3)
  • The Knight's Scarred Maiden (Lovers and Legends #5)
  • The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree (A Whisper of Scandal #5)
  • Captain's Captive
  • Stolen by a Highland Rogue (Scottish Treasure Book 1)
  • A Spring Deception (Seasons #2)
  • Virtue (Sons of Scotland, #1)
  • The Earl’s Unexpected Journey Of Love (The Fairbanks Series - Love & Hearts)
  • Alec Halsey Mysteries Books 1 - 3 (Alec Halsey Mystery Book 0)
  • No Other Highlander (The McKennas, #2)
Full name: Elizabeth Rose Krejcik

Elizabeth Rose is the author of medieval, paranormal, fantasy and contemporary novels. While based on romance, her novels have complex plots, action and suspense. She loves writing bad boy tortured heroes and empowered feisty heroines.

Her books have won rave reviews, and been seen on The History Channel as well as Wild Chicago. She has been a Sapphire Award finalis

Legendary Bastards of the Crown (4 books)
  • Destiny's Kiss: Prequel to the Legendary Bastards of the Crown Series
  • Ruthless Knight (Legendary Bastards of the Crown, #2)
  • Reckless Highlander (Legendary Bastards of the Crown, #3)