Start by marking “Public Relations” as Want to Read:
Public Relations

Public Relations

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  1,220 Ratings  ·  272 Reviews
Young PR star Rose Reed is thrown into the big leagues when her boss leaves town the day of the firm's meeting with Archie Fox, a young, hot, internationally famous British singer-songwriter. The meeting is going badly until Rose suggests a staged romance with up-and-coming, young indie star Raya. He'll do it, but only if Rose becomes his publicist.

As the faux-mance begin
Published May 9th 2017 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Public Relations, please sign up.
Amy I just finished this last night. One fairly descriptive sex scene and some mentions of sex having happened and bit of fooling around that doesn't lead…moreI just finished this last night. One fairly descriptive sex scene and some mentions of sex having happened and bit of fooling around that doesn't lead much of anywhere. I hope this helps. Sorry it took so long for you to get an answer, you have probably long since moved on. . .(less)

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
3.5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

I love fake relationship stories, especially the ones that involve at least one celebrity. Public Relations took a whole new take on the faux-mance trope. Instead of a couple falling in love while being in a fake relationship, the romance blooms between the client and the publicist. In this case, we have English pop star Archie Fox and PR extraordinaire Rose Reed. It was a breath of fresh air.

For the first time in her PR career, Rose Reed takes the reins and
Stacee
I loved this synopsis and even though the cover is sort of off putting, I couldn't wait to get into this story.

I really liked these characters. Rose is smart and savvy and honestly, a good person. She's polite and for the most part has a great inner monologue. Of course Archie was adorable and blatantly based on Harry Styles. The two of them had chemistry and excellent banter. I wish the authors would have relied on that to carry the story.

For me, the downside to this story was the pages and p
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
This was the perfect dose of Harry Styles fic that I needed in my life and I’m obsessed. SO CUTE.
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
This is a fun and quirky novel about the life and times of an upcoming PR rep. I enjoyed the interaction between her and her best friend – funny and so relateable. As well as the inter-office relationships. Very true to life. In fact, I have seen some of these issues myself! The authors did a great job setting up the unique and interesting characters, so in that aspect it was a pleasurable and in-depth discovery.

But being a midlife wife, the story lands very far into the YA (young adult) categor
Cindy Burnett
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it

Public Relations is a fun beach read. I thoroughly enjoyed the story line and the characters. Rose Reed is a fabulous protagonist, and I loved reading about all of the behind the scenes shenanigans and use of social media to promote young actors’ and singers’ careers. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a light, highly entertaining read.
Jen Ryland
I've been in a bit of an overall life slump and looking for something fun and different to read, so I picked this off Netgalley. The weird, confusing cover is doing this book NO favors at all -- no, this is not a gender-bending remake of the 80s movie Mannequin -- inside is actually a cute and engaging piece of romantic chick lit. (I found it in the New Adult section, where the cover stands out like a sore thumb amidst all the naked, tattooed abs, but there's not a player or a virgin or a whiff ...more
Rebecca
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary-na
This book is exactly what you would expect from two authors who work for Buzzfeed.

There were some good moments in the book but they don't happen until at least 70% into the book. Up until then the book is slow and the characters are boring. I enjoyed reading about Rose's relationship with her boss but her relationship with her best friend fell flat for me. Her relationship with Archie was fun to read but they don't actually get together until about 80% into the book.

One of my complaints is tha
Jane
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the hell out of this.
ambsreads
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
It was interesting to read a book in the profession I’m studying. I really enjoyed how it didn’t act like it’ll be easy. However, it was a new adult contemporary and I did feel it dragged in some places. It was enjoyable though and the writing was funny!

No full review to come.
Stephanie
(***Note: Good Reads is saying I read this book 2 times b/c I accidentally marked it "Read" instead of "Currently Reading" when I started it. Reading this book once was way more than enough.***) I wanted to read this because I thought it sounded a little bit reminiscent or Dating You/Hating You by Christina Lauren and When It's Real by Erin Watt, both of which I loved. However, Public Relations fell far, far short of my expectations. The main character, Rose, was pretty awful. She was incredibly ...more
Danielle H
This book was incredible and everything I want from storytelling and there was a hilarious joke about a ghost amongst the hot, charming British musician exists to create wonderful sexual tension with a normal so I was sold.
Allison (The Allure of Books)
This would make THE BEST movie!
Katie
3.5

This was cute and enjoyable, but also the relationship wasn't built up well enough for me. Amanda called it chick lit and I'd agree with that.

Which is cool! I like chick lit and wish it was more of a thing these days. But it's not what I expected.
Sonja
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this SO MUCH. Yeah, it doesn't fit neatly into any genre (it's not quite contemporary romance, not quite young adult, not quite chick lit to me), but it was everything I never knew I wanted.

Harry Styles Archie Fox was a great hero and I ADORED Rose, and how competent she was at her job, and how she was a Normal, and how they were really into each other, and (view spoiler) I also
alexis
I DNFed at around 12%.

I had a lot of hope going in. I really enjoy heroines that are in public relations. One of my favorite romances, Love On My Mind, has a heroine that is in public relations. Plots with PR reps that are trying to improve their love interests image are a shoe in for me.

Unfortunately, Public Relations was extremely tedious. Reading to the point that I got to, which wasn't even the half way point, was a difficulty. The characters did not grab me, and there were also a lot of p
Carmel
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I am like 95% sure that this is just some Harry Styles fan fiction.

Is the book well written? Not really. Is the story that exciting? Not really. Is the book a bit bland and predictable? Yes, definitely.
Meg
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 50-in-17
The most predictable, delightful book I've read all year!
Nicole
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book made literally no effort whatsoever to file the serial numbers off of Harry Styles, and I am better because of it.
Emily
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sexy, sweet and funny. I'd watch the hell outta this movie, and I adored this book.
Rachel Solomon
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-favorites
Soooooo good. I'm a sucker for twentysomething girl in NYC career-focused books, and I was pleasantly surprised by how feminist this one was. Some books like this heavily feature needless girl hate and blatant stereotyping (for some reason a LOT of similar girl in NYC books are fat-phobic), but there was absolutely none of that here. Just all around refreshing.
Sophie Brookover
This is a perfectly executed self-insert longform fanfiction about a gifted but under-confident young PR flack who devises a brilliant strategy for and then falls for charming, dimpled, floppy-haired British singer Harry Styles Archie Fox.

Public Relations is a great companion read for Grace and The Fever, and would also suit a lot of readers of Meg Cabot's office romances from the early-to-mid-oughts. I loved this book, and if you relish pondering what goes on behind the scenes in celebrityland
Jess
Sep 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I would have liked a teeeeensy bit more romance, but overall this was pretty cute.
Moon Love
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Workplace romances, especially when taboo, are some of my favorite books to read. They just have an oomph other books in a similar setting don't. So I was expecting lots of hot, smoldering glances and fireworks from the get go, but that wasn't what I got. Instead, I got a story that slowly developed, and then a third of the way in, became really interesting and exciting, and not because I got the glances and fireworks I was expecting.

Allow me to elaborate. Rose Reed finds herself publicist afte
Cyndi Becker
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This smart, funny and romantic read will lighten and lift your spirits. Public Relations is the first collaboration between author's Katie Heaney and Arianna Rebolini and I'm certainly hoping for more. This was just a such an enjoyable read, the perfect balance of hope and angst. In it the authors capture the world of marketing and impact of social media. This serves as a great reminder that what we see is often fed to us with cunning calculation.

Rose is an endearing character. A young woman wo
Helen Dunn
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Another kindle sale book. Hits all the right notes in a kind of mash up between something like Devil Wears Prada and a traditional fluffy romance.

Our main character Rose is hired to do PR for a pop star and while engineering a "romance" for him with another up and coming star he decides he only had eyes for Rose.

I found it cute and quite funny - especially Rose's relationship with her best friend. Kept me up past my bedtime.

Note: I'm reading now that the pop star is very obviously Harry Styles
Beth
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended for: Basic Bitches who know it

This book looks great. I love the cover. I love the premise. I even like that the authors, both with Buzzfeed bylines and addresses in Brooklyn, teamed up to give readers a look at the world of Public Relations and trying not to fangirl too hard over your own clients.

Rose Reed is a junior level PR exec who falls into main-staging the upcoming album release of a major British pop-star/songwriter, Archie Fox. Archie needs a bit of a re-brand, and a love st
Kerry
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love "regular girl falls in love with a celebrity" romances and this one was PERFECT. The dialogue was funny and real, the characters were complicated and interesting, and Archie Fox was (imagine the fire emoji here). Honestly, I kind of want to read this book again already. So sweet and funny and full of GREAT romantic tension. Also HARRY STYLES.
caren
Love, love, loved this.
Three Chicks
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Review by Trinette Dungee

Rose Read stubbles onto the project of a lifetime in the PR Firm she works for. Who knew offering a simple suggestion regarding the image of their newest client would have her up close and personal in his life. When Rose’s feelings toward Archie start to take a very unprofessional turn she’s not so sure how lucky this project was.

I had a very hard time connecting with these characters. I’m not sure what it was but I just couldn’t get into story. I liked the story line a
Sionna
*I received this book through Netgallet in exchange for an honest review*

Oh my word, I'm in love with this book.

I went into it with some anticipation, but didn't want to make myself too excited, in case I hated it and then never wanted to try New Adult fiction again lol.
I will say, it isn't the deepest book in the world, but it isn't supposed to be. This is a fun, easy read, that spoke about things I KNOW! I was able to relate to book for the first time in a loooooong time.
True, I don't use Ti
Katie Heaney is the author of Public Relations, Dear Emma, and Never Have I Ever, as well as the forthcoming memoir Would You Rather? (Penguin Random House, February 2018). Her writing has also appeared in New York magazine online, Cosmopolitan, The Atlantic, Racked, and The Hairpin, among other places. She lives in Brooklyn.
More about Katie Heaney

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Before we get started, do you have any questions or concerns you want to go over?" I asked. Joanna had always said it was important to give celebrity clients the opportunity to complain about what you're doing before you even do anything. It makes them feel heard.” 1 likes
“Roger that," he said. "No tweets, no grams, no carrier pigeons.” 1 likes