Start by marking “The Four Patriots” as Want to Read:
The Four Patriots

Read Book

The Four Patriots

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  261 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews
If you have ever fallen victim to the system, been humiliated, felt helpless… this book is for you.
Varun, a NRI software engineer, loves Alisha.
Salman, CEO of Coffee Moments, loves Mahi.
Raghav, a virtuous politician, loves Neha.
Aditya, an altruist businessman, is married to Prachi.
Destiny invites them to step out of their comfort zones and fight the devil that holds their
Paperback, First, 306 pages
Published September 29th 2016 by RUPA Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Four Patriots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Four Patriots

Archit Ojha

Well, that was something !

The best book I read this year on patroitism.
A thrilling ride it was!

Four young super excited men who are ready to do anything for their country's sake, take you on an unforgettable journey.
Their willingness to serve the country without any expectations will inspire a loads of people.

Set in the future years, the narration is exciting and keeps you stick to the scene without flinching.
You read a book that is well-researched and ponder to yourself 'where was it till no
Vishnu Chevli
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it
If you are a fan of Movies like 'Nayak' or 'Sivaji', you will love this book. 'The Four Patriots' is a result of a strong patriot nationalist author's imagination. Sumit Agarwal had tried to revamp excitement of movies like Nayak to a country level politics. In the time of demonetisation such book can capture good mass appeal.

Book is divided into two segments. First segment started with four individual characters, Aditya, Varun, Salman, Raghav. Each of them has faced some difficulties directly o
Pooja
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, owns, 100-pages
A true page turner.

I received this book just yesterday. Picked it up in the morning and stopped not until I was at the last pages and my eyes got blood-shot!

The Four Patriots is the story of four young and enthusiastic people who want to bring major changes in India through improving the Indian politics.

It is hard to believe that The Four Patriots is the debut novel by the author. His characters are well articulated, sensible and more than that they look for their country's progress above all.
Shriya
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
As a regular book reviewer, I am always in a Catch 22 situation when it comes to reviewing books that have been personally sent to me.

However, being absolutely fair to the job of reviewing something another might pick up, I have a long review for this one that will delve deeply into the positives and the negatives of this book.

Positives:

1. It's a rather fast paced book, the kind you can read while having a long soak in the tub or on a bus ride.

2. The story, to be very fair, is quite faithful t
Payal Niharika
Apr 01, 2017 rated it liked it
It is a story of patriotism, a story of transformation. It is a story of a country where the common belief is “iss desh ka kuch ni ho sakta”. It is a story of four people, like you and me, whose love for the nation and experiences with the system instigate them to take it through a metamorphosis.
Debut author Sumit Agarwal has penned down a real page turner that would keep you engrossed till the end. The pace is super-fast, the plot is enthralling-weaved meticulously through the pages, where sma
Anuj Tiwari
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read the galley copy. Doesn't seem like the work of a first time author. He is gifted. I thoroughly enjoyed the book as is touches many fragile points of our country’s politics, which nobody today wants to, write on. By the time I finished reading the book, my patriotism was truly ablaze.

I hope this new genre that Sumit has attempted does well and maybe he can write a series on the Four Patriots like we used to have in our childhood.
Anil Nigam
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’m an avid reader and I strongly recommend this book, surely looks like work of an IIT’ian…too idealistic and ambitious at places, thought it all falls in place towards the end. The climax was like a Jeffery Archer novel.
Murali Ryan
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Four Patriots by Sumit Agarwal, an novel of patriotic, politics, friendship, love, heart breaks with visionary thoughts of getting India into a developed country. Novel goes into daily life problems that we faces but we not taken that into care.

Did you ever mocked by the dirty politics? Did you ever stuck in problems that because of careless of government? Did you ever wished to have a developed India? Read The Four Patriots - the author Sumit Agarwal's way to change the India.

The story is
Surabhi Sharma
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
What Would you likely do to see your country in a better state?
Do you want to make a change?
This book raises many questions as such and also suggests a resolution, this is about fighting against odds.

The four dynamic and enthusiastic youths, Varun, an NRI software engineer; Salman, A CEO of coffee moments; Raghav, a virtuous politician; Aditya, an altruistic businessman, they all are doing great in their respective fields but circumstances brings these four lives together to fight against India'
Pulkit Gupta
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A masterpiece by Author Sumit Agarwal. The Four Patriots is one of the rare books capable of catching you off guard. A good political thriller this book provides opportunity for characters to develop on readers and form a connection with them .
Do read till the end to visualize the future, author sees for India.
A light read for people who are fed up with the system and hope to see some changes going forward.One thing i felt is ,This book has potential to be created in a Bollywood movie :).
Saumya
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it

You may also watch a video review of this book on my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uUJd...

Pick this book up if you are looking for a thrilling page turner with a patriotic flavour. The Four Patriots is the story of four honest and selfless men named Raghav, Aditya, Varun and Salman who want nothing more than making their country great.

These four people happen to be from different walks of life but each one of them tries to contribute towards the betterment of the so
Manpreet Kaur
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
story of patriotism? I won't call it. A great political thriller... YES!
The book is just awesome. I hadn't expected much from the book but I have never felt so good to not get what I expected.
the characters, storyline and writing is brilliant. The way the author plays with your thoughts is mind blowing. I seriously felt like punching the author at times... out of love, of course.
The book has so many characters and I have never seen an Indian author give ample space to each of them. Even that s
Dipanshu Rawal
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
The talented Sumit Agarwal has left his mark in yet another field. This book certainly doesn't look like written by a debut author.

The story at times might look like the screen plots of movies like Nayak. We all must have watched the movie a couple of times, cause you know Zee Cinema had bought the rights and used to play the movie a lot. Anyway, so the story is an optimistic portrayal of what can happen in the country if the youth cares to take harsh steps.

The novel deals with patriotism and
Vinay Johari
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not just for the heck of saying it but indeed a great read for Indian audience, I would appreciate if Mr. Sumit can get it translated to Hindi as well as there are many who would like to read it but might find language as a barrier. For me its a must-must read.

The minor use of Hindi at placed in the book has greatly increased its flavour.

A totally new style of writing, simple yet engrossing. I also liked the way the personal lives of the four heroes have been touched; there is a lot of depth. T
Ashish Rai
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love the way sumit has used difficult situations and later giving resolutions for the same coz we find often find our politicians being puzzled and struggling in every little situation…. The book really shows that nothing in this world is impossible….all you need is the ZEAL to bring a change.

The inter-linking of incidents is amazing. The research is also good I would say the way the problems have been brought up and their gravity conveyed.

The only negative point is too many characters, which
Amit
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book is new genre off course; the author has also used humor at appropriate places which makes it distinct.

The characters are beautifully developed and the episodes in between have new twist every now n then.

Overall it was a joy reading the book. I wish the author great success as I can sense great caliber in him. Waiting for the next one to arrive….thumbs up for this one…KYA BAAT..!!
Kaushal Gupta
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Please visit http://www.guptakaushal.in/2016/11/bo... to read the complete review of the book.

Should the display of patriotism, compulsorily, be restricted or expected from certain people only? Shouldn't everyone be responsible? This book tries to answer these questions.

The Four Patriots to me was like an ambition, both personal and public, written down with positive choice of words. As a country, India has a long standing relationship with corruption and politics, which everyone expects to end.
Satyendra Sahu
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We need heroes like there in the novel, who take rapid fire decisions…its high time people… we cant just sit quietly and let these old wolves eat our generations like they have been doing for ages… a miraculous book.
Why don't we have more people writing on this genre - patriotic fiction?

Well done Sumit!
Sunil Lyall
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just now done with reading a book with a very profound vision. The author has made some very nice twist in the book revealing them towards the end which makes your interest going. I must say the author’s vision is very audacious. I hope we can bring the changes to Indian politics soon.
Jaspreet Singh
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The story is simple yet interesting. I couldn't resist reading the entire book in one sitting. I fell in love with the characters while reading the book. No use of heavy words, no complicated plot, yet each page leaves you craving for more. The drama and twists are like a bollywood movie though.
Rajan
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Review:
Is India a world power? No. Then can India become world power? This book have some fantastic ideas to make India a world power.

Varun, Salman, Raghav and Aditya are four persons from different walks of life who have the same dream. Varun, an NRI software engineer; Salman, CEO of Coffee Moments; Raghav, a virtuous politician and Aditya, an altruistic businessman. The first part of book gives the background stories of these four persons and second half gives details of their thrilling journ
Ritesh Kukrety
May 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
The book was given as a review copy in exchange of an honest review. I have tried to be as honest and constructive as possible. A full, in-depth review will be published in the May issue of Telegram.

If you've seen Anil Kapoor's Nayak, you know what this book is about. It is a feel-good, larger-than-life story of common men taking on the 'system' and trying to overhaul it from the top down. The idea was nice, the execution less so. Some of the ideas of revamping the nation were intriguing, some
Swapna Peri
Printed Price: INR 65
ISBN-10: 812914204X
ISBN-13: 978-8129142047

Book Title:
The title of the book 'The Four' is very interesting and maintains the plot of the story a great twist story

Book Cover :
A very colorful, mysterious and interesting book cover. The image of four young men wearing different type of apparel depicts the different roles t
Vismay
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sumit Agarwal is prescient. The recent events in the country - be it the ‘Surgical Strike’ against Pakistan or the ‘Demonetization Drive’ finds its way in the novel ‘The Four Patriots’, way before they actually happened. Even if you don’t take this book as a blueprint for the development of the nation, it is a clarion call to all the youngsters out there that change is possible. If one man’s imagination can predict so much that’s happening in the country, think what can the collective minds of t ...more
Malvika Pradhan
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
The Four Patriots follows 4 young Indian men who, during their everyday lives come up against the ‘System’ with consequences ranging from humiliating to heartbreaking.

Instead of taking things lying down, they decide to do something about it and that is where Sumit Agarwal’s debut novel gets interesting – because instead of rebelling, the protagonists decide to become a part of the system to change things from within. It is this idea and the way the author has managed to seamlessly fit almost ev
Shilpi Chaklanobis
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Four Patriots is a book with a fresh and novel concept that revolves and talks about the choices that one makes and how difficult it is to stay true to them. The book holds very contemporary and true to the current scenario and situation of the country and is a must read for everyone especially the youth. Many times we find ourselves discussing about patriotism but the big question is; should the display of patriotism compulsorily or it should be expected from certain people only. Shouldn't ...more
Ronil
Nov 29, 2016 added it
Stars, let's not get to that directly, let me review it first!

There are four unique, distinguishing personalities with their own traits and charms, as protagonists of the novel.
Their past and their personalities had been shown in detailed manner. Also, they are portrayed as victims of the great Indian system as one or the other way!

The author has tried really hard to make it as connecting as possible with the current situations and trends of India. In this effort to make it remarkably Dan Browni
Saurabh Tiwari
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know from where should I start first of all I wanna congratulate sumit for writing on a topic which is our country’s utmost need at the moment.
Today each one of us is working hard to crack IIM’s entrance or to be top notch in the leading IT firm and all of us are well aware that our political system is deeply engrossed in corruption, even then none of us is making an effort to do anything about it, on top of it most of us don’t even bother to go to the polling booth to vote, thinking it’
Ramandeep Kaur
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i'm an avid reader...since school days i have been reading chetan bhagat and ravinder singh but when a friend suggested me to read THE FOUR PATRIOTS, at first i was not sure if i would like to read this....but m glad he forced me to pick this up....First of all the author shd be appreciated to have chosen a topic which is much needed for our youth....who somewhat like me have bounded them selves to read just a single genre ROMANCE with different flavors.....

The book talks about Making a better I
Avishek Gupta
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I needed time to get into the skin of this book. There are a lot of characters. Most are youth of today's India who want to bring a change to the existing system. The idea is good and instead of mindless romance, it's refreshing to read a story that is different and inspires the youth of the nation to do something useful.
Bloggers/Book Lov...: Do you consider yourself a patriot? 2 12 Sep 11, 2016 11:28PM
Bookworms: Do you consider yourself a patriot? 1 15 Sep 09, 2016 04:51AM
Indian Readers: Do you consider yourself a patriot? 1 9 Sep 09, 2016 04:48AM
Sumit Agarwal, MD, MLA Group of Industries, Kanpur was born in 1975. After completing his five year integrated course in Chemistry and a minor in management from IIT Kanpur, MBA-Marketing from NM Institute, he is now managing a group of chemical manufacturing industries in Kanpur (www.mlagroup.com )

A strong nationalist at heart, he is running an NGO, PRERNA (www.prernaa.org ), which is dedicated t
“Patriotism means to stand by the people, not to stand by the party.” 4 likes
“Jee Utha'

Sanson mein jo samaye wo,
Ragon mein ghul jaaye jo,
Haan issi se hai chalta ye jahan,
Ishq ka hai wo jalwa bepanah.

Rok sake no koi jo,
Pyaar hai sailaab wo,
Jee utha jo pada iskaa saya,
Khoya jo dil sab kuch hai paya.”
2 likes