Start by marking “Scientific Facts in the Bible: 100 Reasons to Believe the Bible is Supernatural in Origin” as Want to Read:

An elderly lady once left $20,000 and "my Bible and all it contains" to her nephew. The young man knew what the Bible contained so he didn't bother to open it. He merely picked it up and put it on a high shelf in his house, and headed for Las Vegas. It wasn't long until all his money was gone. He lived the next 60 years as a pauper, scraping for every meal and barely havin ...more
Published October 1st 2001 by Bridge-Logos

To ask other readers questions about Scientific Facts in the Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scientific Facts in the Bible

Rodney Alejandro
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the facts given that relates the Bible with science. In fact, the facts of science was already present in the Bible before mankind discovered them. This should make unbelievers reconsider their unbelief in the Bible or God.
Dan Martinez
May 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Ray Comfort opens by declaring his hope that the reader is skeptical. A skeptic might might take note of the book’s very title: “Scientific Facts In The Bible”, and ask what constitutes a “scientific fact”, and whether it can be easily distinguished from other kinds of fact. Is the fact that water exhibits surface tension a scientific one? Is the fact that gravity accelerates object at the rate of 9.8 meters per second per second a scientific one?

This may seem like a fastidious quibble, but I po
Kymberly
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Book and great tool for juvie center. I really think some were listening to tonight and left this book for them to borrow. Praying God will open hearts and eyes to His true.
Robyn
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I had to also look up the verse references to see the context & see if it really stated some of those facts (as well as how those facts were phrased). Some of the time I wish the book could've gone into more detail. I had also heard that nuclear war was mentioned in the Bible, but wasn't sure how people saw that information in how the Bible phrased it. I bought it as reading material for a plane trip from Houston to Managua (Nicaragua), & I finished it. I think it's wonderful when I ...more
Karen
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For those looking for scientific proof that God exists and that the Bible is true, then this is the book for you. Highly interesting and fact filled.
Janet Mueller
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
This is a wonderful book to remind oneself of the God we serve. I enjoy looking up the scriptures that are referenced with each scientific fact that is not understood by man until centuries after they were recorded. The book is an excellent reference for Facebook posts or teaching grandchildren. I keep it nearby for easy access.
Jeremy Herrera
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good book that went through various books of the Bible and showed how science and the Bible are connected. It shows that the Bible had inside it the answers that even many of the greatest scientist recognized as being true in the Bible before science discovered them.
Ronan Conroy
Nov 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
What a dangerous load of old claptrap.
I saw this on sale in a whole shelf of similar balderdash in an airport in Florida and just could not resist it. After it, it’s a small book, and only 100 pages, and pretty simple-minded, so it wasn’t going to be too taxing to read.
Its capacity to annoy, however, is vastly out of proportion to its size.
Full of gibberish and muddle-headed quasi-thoughts couched in proud confident phrasing, this is a good expose of the clouded mind of the Bible believer.
“If th
Les Wolf
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An amazing compilation of facts that describe scientific discoveries that won't be confirmed by modern scientists until centuries have passed. If anybody needed proof that the bible is the inspired word of God, this book should provide a good starting point.
Helen
This is more a booklet than a book, and consequently I got through this in one sitting very quickly. It's 101 small pages, and large font make it an easy read. It is interesting but like many "proof" books covering a lot of topics it only skims and might be suited to someone without a scientific background.

There are some really amazing paragraphs where the author cites Bible verses that highlight principals that were not accepted scientific thought for, in some cases, over 2,000 years since writ
Jackie Krasuski
Jul 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I was so excited when I saw this book on the shelf. As a Christian and a science teacher who teaches at a very conservative rural public school, I was fully ready for some back-up that I could reference when those questions came firing. There is a lot of good information in the first and middle portion of this book that helps to point out a lot of science that we understand to be true today in the Bible.

Unfortunately, the part that I was most excited about, the evolution, was exactly the OPPOSIT
Elizabeth
While there were some interesting facts in this book at times it seemed as though the author was grasping at straws. Perhaps those topics just needed to be delved into a bit more deeply to make the fact more sound and less coincidence. I particulary enjoyed the third chapter about medical science. It was very interesting to see how much information people gathered of the medical field without actually knowing how everything worked. However, I was still disappointed in the obvious religious bias ...more
Jenna
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this book. being a christian and liking science , this book was satisfying... i read a prior review on the fact that ray comfort manipulated the bible to fit scientific facts.... however i think God purposely mystifies his words so that we decipher them ourselves. we also have to think about the dialect and diction the authors of the bible spoke in, their words can definitly mean the same as our modern slang.. so i feel as if his points proved accurate. Being that ray comfort is not ...more
Tracey
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Wow! This was an amazing booklet! I will be using this in my youth group lessons. All scientific discoveries are in the Bible, but that is ok! It is great we are proving the Bible to be full of facts! Every Christian student and teacher should read this book!!!
Phillip
Jul 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very good. Why not share this one with a scientist, or those that love Science and may be unaware of the science in the Bible.
Central
Oct 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Easy read that shows God's Word is fact
Zakir
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Black Holes fortold in the BIBLE! Book of Enoch is a very good example (Proof of Pre Space Travel)
Josh
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Good book for my kids to help us discuss their questions between science and what they’re learning in church. I think it would be best read as a study book, where you read it in conjunction with the scriptures referenced (which are not always quoted and not alway given context) as well as some simple google researching of some of the people and historical references discussed as some of this assumes the reader already knows some of them, and I doubt my children are aware.
Walter Herrera
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For anyone who mistakenly believes that the Bible has no scientific Creedence. THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU. The author does a great job of finding biblical verses that back up the scientific evidence of today. Proving once and for all that the Bible and science do not fight, but are actually in agreement with each other.
Salai Hormmay
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Best book for people who are interested in proven facts and Christians who have doubt in Bible. I personally like it. Very heart warming to see such book among the other ones who are eager to point out Contradictions rather than facts.
Kale Mosley
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
As a believer with a relatively strong scientific background, I was disappointed. I found little that would persuade me to belief, if I wasn’t already there. And as a believer, I found little new science to back me up.
Sara Richardson
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
It covers a lot of topics, but just skims the surface. There is more to learn outside this book, but it's a great start to more digging and truth!
Adam Kovynia
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It makes a great gift because its small and not everyone might like to read a longer book. The format is very good listing the 100 reasons.
Captherine ✪
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christians/creationists, and atheists/evolutionists
Recommended to Captherine ✪ by: My dad
This thing is absolutely brilliant. I was very pleased by it, not only because it answered all of my questions in clear, understandable, but scientific ways, but also because in doing that it made me finally feel that I can adequately defend my beliefs on this subject. Everyone needs to read this; be you Christian/creationist, or atheist/evolutionist.

Something I wrote after reading this book that I feel sums up some of what I learned:

One common belief about the theory of evolution is that as l
Melissa
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Some parts were good and interesting and then some fall short. The book needs to be updated and focus more on facts then just quotes.
Jay Brand
Excellent reminder of the historical, scientific & contemporary accuracy of the Bible. Careful students of science might quibble with one or two interpretations of texts in the Bible purportedly referring to modern scientific discoveries, but it would be very difficult if not impossible to ignore or dismiss every one. Similarly, careful students of the Bible can quibble with two or three of the claims made regarding prophecy--particularly involving the continuing significance of the modern ( ...more
A.C. Bauch
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Per the usual, I didn't agree with all of the author's theology (especially some of the information regarding prophecy). And one feature confused me was the section of quotations from famous historical figures about the Bible. I failed to see how those could be classified as "scientific facts." Regardless, I did learn some new things from this book, so considering what a quick read it was, I feel it was a worthy investment of my time.
Elizabeth
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Small book I saw in the store months ago i havent bought it dont know why but i already read alot of it in the store. I will go back and buy! Really interesting facts. Some can be found online more detailed ones. These are broad facts but really interesting

Read it and loved it, a bit repetitive at one point but makes up for it on the way that its written, like explaininh it to a non believer :)
Hannah
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Finally, an answer to the age-old dinosaur question!!... AMAZING book!
Eileen Carter
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Good short book only 101 pages not long at all. But had lots of interesting facts in it that shows that God is in charge of it all. I found many quotes that I liked as well in this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The New Answers Book 2: Over 30 Questions on Evolution/Creation and the Bible
  • The Kingdom of the Occult
  • Discover Your Spiritual Gifts: The Easy-To-Use, Self-Guided Questionnaire That Helps You Identify and Understand Your Various God-Given Spiritual Gifts
  • Bones of Contention: A Creationist Assessment of the Human Fossils
  • The God Makers: A Shocking Expose of What the Mormon Church Really Believes
  • The Design Revolution: Answering the Toughest Questions about Intelligent Design
  • The Second Coming: Signs of Christ's Return and the End of the Age
  • God: The Evidence: The Reconciliation of Faith and Reason in a Postsecular World
  • Share Jesus Without Fear
  • Reason in the Balance: The Case Against Naturalism in Science, Law Education
  • Belief in God in an Age of Science
  • Out of America: A Black Man Confronts Africa
  • Belief: Readings on the Reason for Faith
  • The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos Is Designed for Discovery
  • Secrets from Beyond The Grave A Biblical Guide to the Mystery of Heaven, Hell and Eternity
  • 52 Things Kids Need from a Mom: What Mothers Can Do to Make a Lifelong Difference
  • Not a Chance: God, Science, and the Revolt Against Reason
  • The Hidden Face of God: Science Reveals the Ultimate Truth
Ray is the Founder and CEO of Living Waters and the best–selling author of more than 80 books, including, Hell's Best Kept Secret, Scientific Facts in the Bible, and The Evidence Bible. He co–hosts (with actor Kirk Cameron) the award–winning television program "The Way of the Master," seen in 200 countries. He is also the Executive Producer on the movies "Audacity," "180," "Evolution vs. God," and ...more