Start by marking “Gabe (Boys of Brighton, #1)” as Want to Read:
Gabe (Boys of Brighton, #1)

Gabe

(Boys of Brighton #1)

Fifth-generation firefighter Gabe Mason saves Johnny from the flames of an office building fire, and Johnny will save Gabe from himself.

UNQUENCHABLE

Gabe Mason is a fifth-generation firefighter unable to move forward with his life after a devastating betrayal two years earlier. Graphic designer Johnny Jeffrey relocated to Brighton, Texas, to flee persecution and fear, and
Published September 8th 2016 by Boroughs Publishing Group (first published September 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Gabe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gabe

Gigi
Sep 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
Spoiler tag for plot points.

(view spoiler)

This wasn't bad, i
Janie
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Total OTT instalove which is perfect for me. It was cute with some lol moments with a bit of suspense thrown in. I will definitely read more by this author.
Leaundra
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I actually really liked this. But of course I love insta-love/lust. So if you don't like it, this book isn't going to be for you. Because it happens really fast. I get it. I met my husband, from the day we met we were inseparable and married 4 1/2 months later and have been married 29 years. Sometimes you just know. I loved the family. I read to escape and this worked for me. I enjoyed the writing.
BWT (Belen)
I wanted to read something sweet and ridiculous. This absolutely fit that bill.

Instant love at first sight to the nth degree. Calling someone else's parents "mom" and "dad" within minutes of meeting them. Huge, glaring, enormous plot holes. Blatantly ridiculous plot points.

Even with all of that...I enjoyed it.

And you know what I liked most? Johnny is seriously injured several times, and he never gets miraculously better. He has scars and lasting damage.

Nothing else in this approached reality, b
Carra
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
For all the fans of insta-love out there, this story was meant for you. The story starts off with a bit of suspense and drama, and amongst it all Gabe sees Johnny and feels an instant connection...one that he immediately latches on to and refuses to let go. Gabe is very alpha, extremely protective and needs to be in control so he knows Johnny is taken care of.

Now, I have to admit--if I was Johnny, I personally would have been more than a bit unnerved with the immediate attention and acceptance o
Candice
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yes this was way over the top and instalove, but I don't care! I liked it and it sucked me in. I guess this sugary goodness was exactly what I needed and there is no shame in my reading game.
Amanda
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Honestly? I really shouldn't have liked this book. It was cliché, dramatic, and sometimes completely over the top. It was also the most epic instant love ever. But I did. Like it that is.

Maybe it is the mood I'm in that I didn't want a deep, profound love. I wanted the soap opera. A cleanse. And this book was definitely the soap opera.

Johnny is trapped in a burning building and helps save the three women he is stuck with before getting pulled out also by a fireman. Gabe is that fireman. Gabe f
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
I didn't love this, but I didn't hate it either.
Only because I liked all the side characters and am hoping for the best for them.

The beginning of this book was very intense and sucked you in, but all the events after seemed overly dramatic. Poor Johnny couldn't catch a break.

All that aside, the one thing that most bothered me was Johnny kept getting lumped in with the women. Just because he is the smaller more submissive one, doesn't mean he's weak or "feminine" As if the men were too manly fo
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I enjoyed getting meet some of the men of the Boys of Brighton series. I found Gabe's bromance to be quick, drama filled, dangerous, and entertaining. It was a fast paced romance that gave and gave and of course sometimes that means insta-love. This was a good read that kept me entertained.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Sep 09, 2017 rated it liked it

Sue bowdley
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So...after reading a quite harsh review I decided to take a chance on this....That's me...I never avoid a book because of the review...Yes this is insta-love...all of the books mainly are in the series.....But....This is also fiction and I loved Gabe and Johnny...Poor Johnny never got a break from Gabe's ex..But Gabe was always there for him...A great short story x
Meggie
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: family, romance
What we have here is a sweet light instant-love romance, between firefighter Gabe Mason and shy graphic desiner Johnny, who is new in Brighton. Relationship between Gabe and Johnny developed to fast and was unrealistic. And that side-story with Chris was simply idiotic.
Morgan  Skye
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, reviewed
This is a series that is best read in order, but you can hop around if certain aspects draw/repel you from one story or another.

In general each book is fairly similar: One very “alpha” male (or 2!) finds himself attracted to a more submissive male and the desire to protect and love and care for him drives him to be super adorable, mushy and overprotective!

Of course there is a life threatening danger putting our guys on the line and usually something horrible in the past making them seem even mor
Faye Kennedy
A new author of me.
LOVED IT.💖  I laughed and felt sadness. The fast connection between these two was beautiful with a look of the eyes sparks fly. I loved all of the characters especially Gabe's mum (and there's a lot of them). Written brilliantly includes romance, chemistry and danger. I'm interested in what the next books will be like, hopefully just as great as this.
Johnny (29) and 3 of his employees was stuck in their burning building. He was a talented graphic designer. He was new in town
Epiphany
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-tasia
M. Tasia is a new author for me and I will definitely be reading more from her. I truly enjoyed reading this book. This book is about insta-love or love at first site between alpha firefighter Gabe Mason and shy graphic desiner Johnny Jeffrey. Now everthing that happens between Gabe and Johnny happens very quickly. I love the relationship between Gabe and Johnny and the way Gabe's family is so accepting of Johnny, making him feel like family the moment they meet him. Now this book is not all hea ...more
Chrissie Grey
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, dnf, m-m
The Insta love only bothers me if the rest of the book doesn't have a certain level of quality and believability to it. To be blunt, I found this to be cheesy, cringey and unrealistic. I always imagine books like this to be an animation if ever brought to screen, that's the kinda vibe that I got. The cheesy declarations were really my biggest issue, the sweet affection made me hang around longer but heartfelt speeches forced me to DNF.
Annie Elm
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Easy read

Things happened a little to fast and a little to easy in this book for my taste,.
I don't have anything against love at first sight in general but this book made me feel like Gabe and Johnny met, fell in love and got engaged in a couple of weeks.
There was things I did like about the book, like Gabes family, but it didn't really fit my personal taste.
Anu Vaarama
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Three stars... quite an overwhelming book - too much happening too soon, and too much protective emotions. But I DID finish. I may read some more from this author but sure I’ll first read some heavier books with more realistic plot and characters. Anyway, book was filled with love, and that we can’t get too much!
Ariel
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this well enough...

Was it cliched? Yes. Was it over the top? Definitely.

But I was in the mood for something soap opera-ish so this worked for me. Just don't expect anything too deep or realistic...

3 Stars
Mateo
Feb 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Sorry to say that but really too easy.Not credible, too marshmallow and the characters are too cliche. Everything is predictable, it was like an «ebauche» of another novel. Keep trying and I will come back.
AyoDollFace
This was instalove to the tenth power. I found it a little creepy and borderline stalkerish that Gabe was already moving this guy in and thinking about building a family with him in the first week. It was way too much and way too fast.
Jamie
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Good

This was a good read. Little too short, and the Insta love isn't really for me. The over use of their names makes it hard to read. Other than that it wasn't bad.
jennifer Jensen
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short...but oh so sweet!

This was a fast paced love story with plenty of action and hot men. But no matter the short length of the story, it was a sweet love story with a HEA.
V
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
An unrealistic plot for sure, mushy and instalove. I loved it.
Nicole
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
A good quick uncomplicated, no great thought needed to read bk and series. Enjoyable and Entertaining. Insta Love, Insta Relationship, Insta Connection.
Recommend.
Series best read in order.
Virginia Cantrell
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastically sweet love story. The characters drew me in right away, especially the swoon-worthy, alpha-male Gabe. I have to admit, I'm not an avid reader of M/M, but this highly exceeded my expectations. I couldn't help falling in love with the characters and cheering on their personal growth and blossoming romance.
Isha
Enjoyable

I really enjoyed this book. Loved Gabe and his alphaness. Loved Johnny and his strength. Loved the Masons! Looking forward to book 2.
Cee Brown
.•*)☆♡.•*)☆♡.•*)☆♡
♡☆(.•Was it love at first sight? Who knew? All these men knew was that a building explosion put them in each other's path and there was no detouring.

Welcome to Brighton Texas where the men are hot...alphas...and ready for monogamy.

He was safe, and he felt wanted. Twilight Zone? Maybe. But Johnny, who had been wanting a real family for so long suddenly found himself in one.

Firefighter Gabe rescued Johnny from a burning building and knew the man would be his. The dominant male
Sabella
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the start of a new series and I enjoy the world that is built here. We start the book off with Johnny trapped in a burning building and Gabe coming to his rescue. It is an enjoyable read as we watch Gabe fall for Johnny and instantly recognize him as the one. Johnny is dealing with the repercussions of the fire and is recovering with Gabe. Add in Gabe's ex and you have excitement and fear amid the two falling in love. It is most definitely a great book. You'll get to see glimpses of futu ...more
Karen Lane
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it

A big girly squeal for this book.
Insta-love✔
Sexy alpha men✔
No cheating✔
Possessiveness✔
Sex✔
More to come✔
It was so sweet at times I could feel my teeth ache, but I absolutely loved it, it made my day actually. I'd love to find a Gabe for myself, and now as much as I'm not into ménage, I'm about to tackle book 2 because I'm very curious about it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

Boys of Brighton (10 books)
  • Sam's Soldiers (Boys of Brighton, #2)
  • Rick's Bear (Boys of Brighton, #3)
  • Jesse (The Boys of Brighton, #4)
  • Coop (Boys of Brighton, #5)
  • Travis (Boys of Brighton, #6)
  • Grady (Boys of Brighton #7)
  • Vincent (Boys of Brighton #8)
  • Shadow (Boys of Brighton #9)
  • The Holidays (Boys of Brighton #10)