Start by marking “Where We Left Off (Middle of Somewhere, #3)” as Want to Read:
Where We Left Off (Middle of Somewhere, #3)

Where We Left Off

(Middle of Somewhere #3)

Leo Ware may be young, but he knows what he wants. And what he wants is Will Highland. Snarky, sophisticated, fiercely opinionated Will Highland, who burst into Leo’s unremarkable life like a supernova… and then was gone just as quickly.

For the past miserable year, Leo hasn’t been able to stop thinking about the powerful connection he and Will shared. So, when
Published September 26th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Where We Left Off, please sign up.
Blaine Not yet, but let's all hope that Spencer Goss gets the contract! :)

Start your review of Where We Left Off (Middle of Somewhere, #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~~BR with Jewel~~

You guys, I want to include some disclaimers. Here they are:

- I'm going to try really hard not to be ranty. And I'll probably fail because this book made me crazy.

- I'm not discouraging anyone from reading this book. I admit I hated one of the MCs from the get go, and that colored my perception of the story.

- The comments are full of spoilers!

Moving on:

I really liked book 2, but we don't see Colin and Rafe here at all. Leo is friends with Daniel though, so we get some face-to-face ti
Judith
3.5 Stars.

I've really struggled with my rating here.I did have a few issues with it and it's not a 3 Star so I'm going with 4 Stars overall.

Leo.

Will.

3.5 Stars.

Leo.

Will.

I haven't read book one but absolutely loved book two.I think I'm right in saying Leo and Will feature in book one and I don't know but maybe if I'd read that I would have understood their characters more?

Leo is 19 and has been crushing on Will for years ever since they kissed.He's just started college at NYU and it's maybe no coincidence that's where Will lives.He's a bit out of his depth,initially,struggling with the prospect of making friends and the whole college life and gives into temptation and contacts Will.

After that encounter Will doesn't feature until around 30% (apart from in Leo's head ).
There's a lot of content in the first third about Leo's life in college....fitting in,making friends and I actually think this was an important part in his character development.

Will.....I've got to say,I really didn't like him much......
Now,Will is gorgeous,model good looks but he hates it.Hates people looking at him,hates people not seeing beyond his beauty.I kind of get that but I couldn't understand how he didn't let Leo in more when it's more than obvious that Leo wasn't that shallow.
In Will's defence he makes it perfectly clear on numerous occasions that he doesn't want a relationship,doesn't want monogamy but Leo is a bit obsessed and a hopeless romantic and I thought Will was kind of giving out mixed signals....

They hang out a lot,get on really well,have great sex so I could understand a young guy like Leo thinking it was more than it was.
(view spoiler)

Negatives aside I do admire the Author staying true to the characters.It would have been easy for her to wrap things up with a nice big bow on everything and while they get their HFN it shows that people are flawed,have insecurities and have to work at relationships.

Arc from Author
Gigi
Aug 02, 2016 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me  ·  review of another edition
I've decided not to read this book. I stayed off Goodreads for almost 48 hours (that was hard!) so I wouldn't be inadvertently spoiled but asked a friend who has read it one question: How old is Leo at the end of the book? She said 20. Frankly, that is too young for me in a May/December romance. Two 20 year old's? Not my first preference, but I would read it.

We all have our favorite authors and genres. We also have books that we know won't work for us, or rarely work for us. My list is historical, SciFi,
Rachel Reads Ravenously

"In Zeno's paradox, halving the distance between you and what you sought meant that you would go on forever, always moving closer but never actually reaching it. But maybe if you set your sights on a thing beyond what you sought then you would eventually find yourself smack in the middle of it, having tricked the universe into rendering up exactly what you wanted."

Roan Parrish is easily one of my new favorite authors that I discovered this year. Her writing is spectacular and she
Jewel
~~~~BR with Dani!!~~~~

3.5 Stars

So this series has taken a New Adult/Coming of Age turn. Where We Left Off isn't really what I would call a romance. It does have some romantic elements, but by and large, it just isn't. Now, that isn't at all a deal breaker for me, but I wasn't expecting it, so it took me a bit to settle into the rhythm of the story.

Leo Ware is nineteen (at the start of the story) and finally able to start college at NYU, after being set back a year in his plans becau
Katrina Passick Lumsden
********SPOILERS********

I really wanted to begin this review with a gif. I wanted to convey to you all how upset I am by this...this...literary abortion. This war crime of a book. I want....

Gah. I can't decide what gif to use. Do I go with a table flip? Someone crying? Screaming at the injustice of it all? My feels are all tangled, and not in a good way. Not in a nice, philosophical, "that's so beautiful and profound I'm going to curl up in a sock drawer and sleep for days" kind of way.

No. I'm pissed. And incredulous. And straight
BWT (Belen)
I've been waiting for a story featuring Will and Leo ever since I read In the Middle of Somewhere. I was surprised it ended up being one story featuring the two of them together. Not necessarily because of their age gap, but because they are in such obviously disparate emotional and psychological places in their lives.

anywhere is better than here

Where We Left Off is a New Adult drama that's mostly about Leo finding his wayclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Where
Adam
Anytime a book is set in New York City, I’m automatically a bit more interested. There’s just something captivating about the Big Apple. Seeing the city through Leo’s eyes was a treat.

description

It was easy to love Leo. It would be hard not to! He’s adorable - kind, caring, friendly, and just a tad awkward. He jumps headfirst into his new life in NYC, making friends and enjoying the experience
Parvathy

3 Stars !

I love Roan Parrish’s books. In the Middle of Somewhere and Out of Nowhere are two of my favorite books. And when I read In the Middle of Somewhere, Leo and Will and the chemistry they had fascinated me and made me look forward to their book. But this book turned out in a way I never expected.

I love coming of age stories and they are really good. They show the development of character and shows how they grow but for most part in this book I felt like Leo kept going around
Ele
You guys....I just don't want to rate this book. I won't rate it, actually. It's definitely a divisive and unconventional story, but it's still romance. Just not my kind of romance, and I don't want to give a low rating to something that is very real to some people just because it doesn't agree with my rather traditional views of relationships.

The "coming of age" part of the story was done perfectly, the college students and college life in general was so very realistic, and the sex was smoking
Elsbeth

BR, November 13th with Paul.

*2.5 stars*

I've never been that happy finishing a book. I'm so disappointed.

For the life of me I couldn't understand Leo's attraction to Will. I was begging for Leo to grow the fuck up and find someone else, anyone. I didn't like Will AT ALL. I thought he was an emotionally constipaded asshole that treated people like shit.

If you're wanting to read about a romance, I wouldn't recommend this. It's more of a comi
Dia
3,5 stars

Again I have to mention I couldn't keep my ranting spoiler-free. So there are spoilers ahead:

This is the third book in the Middle of Somewhere series. I couldn't wait to read Will and Leo's story ever since I finished In the Middle of Somewhere. Sassy but romantic 19 years old Leo and beautiful model-looking Will shared a kiss that made Leo fall desperately in love and go all the way to NYU to chase Will. Leo was infatuated with Will even before they got the chance to get to know
Bridie-No excuses. No apologies. No Regrets Jones
Ok, I'm going to break this down, keep everything completely on the level, and give myself a slap full of for reals.

Here goes....

Dear Will,

I don't like you. I don't like your face. I don't like the way you throw out mixed signals when you've clearly lived enough life to know better. And none of that 'but I just can't help myself' rubbish. No. You're a fully grown adult. Just because a nineteen year old freckled cupcake is throwing himself at you doesn't mean y
Karen
I wish I even knew where to begin with this one. This is probably going to be a bit of a rambling rant because I'm honestly at a loss for how to explain this book and how I felt about it. So here goes nothing...or maybe everything...

Let's start at the beginning and by that I mean the cover. I've loved the covers on these books every last one of them without exception.

Ok, moving on to the real issue here...what's between the covers...is the story of Leo and Will. If you've
Vallie
Ok, this settles it. Roan Parrish is one my favourite authors. Her writing just speaks to me. And the third book in the series is just as amazing as the first two.

This is Leo and Will’s story. Leo has the hugest crush on Will, Rex’s friend from book 1, and decides to go to college in New York in the hopes of becoming closer with him. Will is all about the one-night stands, serial non-monogamist, and weirdly endeared to Leo’s teenage ways.

This is a coming-of-age story. Or rather, it is not a romance in the tr
Bev
 photo review audio books_zpstpgogvma.jpg

Well, my wish came true and Spencer Goss narrated the audio book. How did he do?? Read on.....

This is going to be a gushing review, so I make my apologies now [but am NOT sorry in the slightest 😋] in case you have need of tissues [or a bucket]. All the stars….and more, in fact even the one called ‘The Shire’….

photo goldenstars2_zps394c17bc.jpg

A really well-written story from Roan, and as seems to be t
Rafa Brewster
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars
Reviewed for Just Love: Romance
ARC received by publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I flat-out adored Leo from the first book in this series, so to say I was excited about this release is an understatement. The first thing I noticed is that College Edition Leo is less sassy and a little less sure of himself than the kid from In the Middle Of Somewhere. But that’s to be expected; he’s a 19 year old from a small town who’s about to start school in New York City, where his crush (ha!) Will
Gillian
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

Wow. Just...wow.

I wasn't sure if Roan Parrish could improve upon the previous two books in this series, but she really outdid herself here. I couldn't love Will and Leo more if I tried. I honestly think that if things went differently between the two of them, if things had been easier and tied up neatly at the end, I would have been disappointed. And I think anyone who reads this and is still upset that they didn't get the typical paint-by-numbers HEA, is completel
Susan65
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved books one and two....yet barely finished this one.

First off, this book is absolutely nothing like the first two, it felt almost as if a different author wrote it.
Secondly, it was so boring dealing with Leo and his classes, Leo and his friends, Leo growing up and learning to be an adult.

This truly was not a romance, in my opinion, just a kid who fell for a man who told him from jump street that he was not "love" or "relationship" material, but pushed the issue anyway. Leo g
MishyJo
I'm pausing at 50%. I love Leo. I find Will confusing. I have a feeling I am going to end up crying on Leo's behalf and I can't deal with that right now.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Man, I put reading this book off for what feels like forever. It had a lot going against it. Mostly my friends reviews; they weren’t all that great or well, all over the place. I was nervous and then I just kept putting it off and now it is years later.

I finally jumped in and I did everything I could to put aside any preconceived notions I may have had and just tried to fall into the story. It was not easy. Weekends are shit for reading time and I started and then didn’t pick it back
Chris
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Frustrating as all hell !!! I loved Leo and applauded his persistence, he was gold ❤ Will took a while - his closed off vulnerability wore on me a bit but I guess that was the nature of his character. Certainly enjoyed it, but some parts were a bit harder to slog through ...more
Mel
I’ve been a little burned out on contemporary romance but took a chance on this series at the beginning of the year and was totally blown away because it just feels different to me than the same old, same old, and because I really dig Roan’s writing style and her use of language. All three books in the series are now 5 star reads for me and the first and this one are going on my favourite shelf for this year. Um, not many books make it there, so.

Basically, reading these books is like
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

First thing first: It's a little bit of Will & Leo in all of us.

I just had to get that out. Let's just be honest friends, Monogamy isn't for everyone. There I said it. Initially, I had a feeling that this was going to be the one people didn't connect to. I mean, everyone wants to read the grand love story. They want the magic of finding someone and falling in love. They want to read about love, need, wants, and passion. I'm one of those people as well. But I do live in the real world, where
Fabi
More! I want more!

I loved it! I held my breath waiting for it and it didn't disappoint. Incredible, original, beautiful, modern love story.

I'll review in a sec, when I catch my breath.

OK...so,

I love coming of age stories. This is a coming of age story.
I love characters who stay true to themselves even when it hurts or worse, hurts other people. These characters are solid. There are no nice little bows with one of them doing an abrupt turnabout.
Erika
There are 61 "um"s in this book. Yep. 61, all mostly spoken by the main character, Leo.

I DNF-ed this book primarily because first thing out of the main character's mouth is almost always “Um...”. This would bother me regardless, but it especially bothers me because every protagonist in this series speaks the Exact. Same. Way.

Because of the way my brain works, once I notice something like that, I cannot unsee or un-notice it, and it becomes AN ISSUE.

Please see my status updates for the other reasons wh
G.
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unlike a lot of GR people, I wasn't a huge fan of the first book. In fact, I even skipped the second book. For some reason, though, I decided to give this one a try. The protagonists, Leo and Will, were side characters in the first book, and, I think, I was interested to see what Roan Parrish would do with them.

Anyway, the writing is much stronger here. Compared to the first book, at least. I liked that this book is as much a coming-of-age story as a romance. The conflict was interesting, too.
WhatAStrangeDuck
Huh. One part of me loved it. I loved Leo, and I loved Will (prickly arsehole that he is) through Leo's eyes. I loved the circle of friends around Leo. There is a lot of funny banter, and a whole cast of mostly well fleshed-out side characters (I'm not in love with Leo's room-mate, Charles - not because he is not likeable - he isn't - but because that boy has got issues and I don't like to see that exploited for comic relief but that may be just me). So there were a lot of "aww" moments and in gener ...more
Amy
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
(Audiobook) 4.5 stars *** Okay, I can kind of understand why Where We Left Off isn't getting the same amount of love as the previous books. It is different than the first two. I'm not sure I would even call it a romance since Will spends 80% of the book saying he doesn't want a relationship. I would say this is more of a "coming of age" story for Leo. And I love "coming of age" stories!

And I really really loved Leo! My heart hurt for him over and over again as he pursued Will. I was alm
Cassandra
I feel awful for saying this, but it was just such a disappointment. Parrish's writing is superb, like the other two books in the series. But the story? Egh.

Unlike most people, I actually loved all the random college/friends bits, though a little frustrated it didn't lead anywhere. The relationship however wasn't at all what I wanted for them! I didn't expect it to be all fluffy from the start, but I wanted a little more romance and a lot more closure. Non-monogamy isn't usually a thing I object to as lon
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
  • Last Man Standing (Southern Scrimmage, #5)
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
  • Brave & Beautiful (Sassy Boyz, #3)
  • Rescue Me
  • First and First (Five Boroughs, #3)
  • A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2)
  • Resistance
  • A Prior Engagement (Special Forces, #4)
  • Uncovering Ray (Ellery College, #1)
  • Blindness
  • Lily of the Valley (Flowering, #1.5)
  • Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)
  • Noah
  • No Apologies
  • Playing by Heart (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #1)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles #2)
  • One Step Too Close: Coffin Nails MC Louisiana (Sex & Mayhem, #6)
Roan Parrish lives in Philadelphia, where she is gradually attempting to write love stories in every genre.

When not writing, she can usually be found cutting her friends’ hair, meandering through whatever city she’s in while listening to torch songs and melodic death metal, or cooking overly elaborate meals. She loves bonfires, winter beaches, minor chord harmonies, and self-tattooing.

Middle of Somewhere (3 books)
  • In the Middle of Somewhere (Middle of Somewhere, #1)
  • Out of Nowhere (Middle of Somewhere #2)