Start by marking “Sanity & Tallulah” as Want to Read:
Sanity & Tallulah

Sanity & Tallulah

Sanity Jones and Tallulah Vega are best friends on Wilnick, the dilapidated space station they call home at the end of the galaxy. So naturally, when gifted scientist Sanity uses her lab skills and energy allowance to create a definitely-illegal-but-impossibly-cute three-headed kitten, she has to show Tallulah. But Princess, Sparkle, Destroyer of Worlds is a bit of a handf ...more
Published October 16th 2018 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Sanity & Tallulah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sanity & Tallulah

La Coccinelle
Sanity & Tallulah seemed like it should check all the boxes for me. But, due to a number of factors, I ended up not enjoying this one very much at all.

First, this is a graphic novel that really needs to be read in a larger format. I read the e-book on my laptop, and even then, I couldn't clearly see some of the pictures or read all the text without zooming in. This would be impossible to read on something like a Kindle. It doesn't help that the actual innards of the book only use a couple of
orangerful
This book is adorable! Two BFFs that live in a space station that get into trouble when one's science experiment gets a little out of hand. The experiment? Well, I won't spoil that for you, but it is both cute and terrifying.

It reminded me of an episode of 'Star Trek' but for kids. I can't wait to read the further adventures of these two girls.
Dan
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: has-art, young-adult
So delightful! Two best friends on a space station try to prevent the entire thing from falling apart, which may or may not be their own fault. There are hints at a larger, unexplored universe of space station-type activities going on, which I really enjoyed. What is all this science for? What are they protecting themselves against? Who built the station originally, and why? Of course, there's also great character moments and humor.

I would have devoured this when I was younger -- ok, I still dev
Dena (Batch of Books)
Anyone that tells you that graphic novels are not sophisticated should read this book. It's a science fiction story about two girls that live on a space station. Sanity has "grown" her own three-headed kitten, but when her pet escapes, the station starts malfunctioning. She and Tallulah put on their sleuthing hats to find the kitten and determine what is causing all the trouble.

I was a little surprised at the turn this book took. I thought it was going to be the outer-space equivalent of Ellie E
Zayda (Babybibliophile)
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sanity and Tallulah are best friends living on a satelite in space. Without permisson they create a life form that gets loose aboard the ship. It ends up causing chaos and the two best friends must find it before it's too late!

I loved the illustrations in this book and how well they went with the story. This book was a wonderful, fun read and I highly recommend it!
Sam (she_who_reads_)
This is one of the cutest graphic novels I’ve read all year! Packed full of adventure, danger, and a lot of laughs- I enjoyed every minute of reading this! Sanity and Tallulah are great characters, and I loved that Tallulah was a total badass scientist! Also this graphic novel is super diverse, which is always appreciated. I would absolutely recommend this to any graphic novel reader, regardless of age!
Jess (freaks over books)
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bbdecember
This was a cute little comic, the two main characters are very adorable and I enjoyed the setting, the story itself was just ok for me, but I can appreciate it for what it was. The sci-fi/mystery aspect set in Space was fun, and I liked the illustrations as well.
Carrie
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
The most endearing element of Sanity and Tallulah’s adventures that I’ve enjoyed from them before their big book debut is that these girls always save the day and I’m glad to report that very theme has transitioned over from the zine format to graphic novel format without losing any of that awesome message–not that I had any doubt!

Best Friends, Mad Science

The girls remain curious, bright inquiring minds that are growing up in a place that’s unfamiliar to most of us: a space station yet they are
This is a fun book.

Sanity, who is advanced in her understanding of science, and Tallulah, her best friend, who is not quite as in to science, have created a three headed cat, despite the fact that no animals other than humans are allowed on the space station that they live on.

Here is the three headed cat, below.

The world building is well done. The adults are not stupid to Sanity’s smarts. Everyone has a personality, and background, and although we don’t know all of it yet. It appears as though

Mish
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very cute story about a small science project gone wrong...in space. Sanity and Tallulah are smart for their age, one in science and the other in mischief. This is, of course, a combination often seen on earth but man, these gals are in Space! So, of course, the science project is found out and then everything keeps on getting worse. And it is up to the girls to figure out how to save the day.
I really liked this story. Very cute, smart, and on point. Sciency but not too hard to follow and well
Kales
I got this ARC at BookExpo and I am so happy it exists. This is a great addition to the exploding genre of middle grade graphic novels. These two best friends are a riot and I am happy to have read this book. It features intelligent young girls who are also funny and mischievous. Their caring nature and desire to do good drove the story. I honestly didn't know what I was getting into with this story but I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a science fiction graphic novel. It had a very "Zen ...more
Leanne Jones
Ugh this was so cute! I loved it! I did get a bit lost with all the science talk, because I'm not great with science, but it was such an enjoyable book. The art is adorable, all the characters were well written and relatable, and I was surprised by the twist! I didn't see that coming! I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a cute, easy read.
Heather
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adorable
Lmhoyer
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
I didn't know really what was happening!😐
USOM
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This graphic novel will charm the socks off of you. I want posters of this, pins, and sequels. Not in that order though because I need to know there will be more before I lose my mind over the merchandise for this. Seriously new mega fan here. Where do I even begin? Do I start with the adorable friendship between our main characters? Or the diversity in the details? Or the fact that this middle grade graphic novel celebrates strong families, intelligent female scientists, and imagination?

full re
Alicea
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sanity & Tallulah by Molly Brooks is a middle grade graphic novel about two little girls living on a space station on the fringes of populated space. These two best friends are polar opposites. Sanity is a gifted scientist who is more often than not working diligently at her homework or brainstorming her newest lab project. Tallulah, on the other hand, is a mediocre student (at best) and a champion mischief maker (the best). After Sanity's latest science project (a three-headed creature) get ...more
Fenja
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finished this in nearly one sitting. It was my first ever Graphic Novel and the absolute cutest thing I've read in a while.
Not only was it super cute, it was also really adventurous and exciting and a real page turner! I LOVED all of the science and the jokes and diversity of the characters! It was just perfect!
My favourite thing about this had to be the parents/kids representations. That was just so amazing and I think I need a reread to write down all of the important life lessons this book co
Kristy
I skimmed this, because not quite in my wheel house. But it is a great choice for another reader — it’s a cute, science infused graphic lovely about two teenage girls who bioengineer a kitten with three heads who gets loose and wreaks havoc on the space ship where they live ! Best for older elementary and middle school because it’s very science-y.
Meredith Spidel
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This books captivates kiddos because it has such an incredible creative plot! Life on a space station and conducting your own scientific experiments as a kid? How could my son not love this?! Thanks to Disney for sending us an ARC for review. It's tricky to find books that grab his attention, so this was a win!
Liz
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Very cute sci-fi story of two girls making mischief and solving mysteries on their space station home. I like that it is just set in the space station with no backstory. I love the color scheme and adorable art. It has a bit of a slow start but picks up in the middle and the resulting conflict is quite fun.
Lynn
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Science fiction graphic novel that has fun with science, creates some interesting characters, both kids and adults and tells an interesting and story. Excellent visual story telling that works well with the text. A real charmer.
Melinda Beatty
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Honest to goodness one of the most fun MG graphics I've read this year. Tech-whizz Sanity and her not so savvy bestie Tallulah have a grand adventure aboard their space station home when a science project goes disastrously wrong.
Meg
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 I loved the two-tone coloring style!
Nicole Coxon
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This came in our last Owl Crate Jr box. It was a super cute story about 2 girls and a pet kitten (with 3 heads). It was so much fun to read!!
Cort
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mini Me Rating & Review: one of my favorite books this year.
Sarah Nelson
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little story with a little bit of a mystery! My daughter really enjoyed this one!
Laura (bbliophile)
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was so so cute! I loved the art style, the plot, the setting and the characters so much, and I can't wait to see more of Sanity and Tallulah in the future.
Gina
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Pretty cute, but one half of a duo always getting into trouble with the other always having to pull back is one of my less preferred tropes.
Bridget
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the families so much (also, obvs, Princess Sparkle Destroyer of Worlds)!
Leslie
The tagline: Best Friends. Mad Science.

With the idea of “science fiction teen girl detectives” in mind, Sanity & Tallulah was born first in a zine. And if you think the idea meant merely relocating Nancy Drew to a space station, you’re in for a surprise.

Despite a strict “no domestic mammal” policy on their dilapidated, out-of-the-way space station, Wilnick, Sanity bioengineers a carnivorous vertebrate. The three-headed kitten’s name, courtesy of Tallulah? Princess. Sparkle. Destroyer of Worl
  • Star Scouts
  • The Cardboard Kingdom
  • Space Battle Lunchtime Vol. 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion
  • Peter & Ernesto: A Tale of Two Sloths
  • One Trick Pony
  • The Sand Warrior (5 Worlds, #1)
  • CatStronauts: Mission Moon
  • All's Faire in Middle School
  • All Summer Long
  • Red's Planet (Red's Planet #1)
  • Mighty Jack (Mighty Jack, #1)
  • Sparks!
  • Tiger vs. Nightmare
  • Dragons Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #2)
  • New Shoes
  • Hippopotamister
  • Written and Drawn by Henrietta
  • Waking the Monsters (Hilo, #4)