Start by marking “The Binds That Tie (Steel Door, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Binds That Tie (Steel Door, #1)

The Binds That Tie

(Steel Door #1)

A barista by day and a drag queen by night, Joaquin Emerald loves his careers. It’s the rest of his life that bothers him. When he finds himself in danger, trapped with no way out, he’s rescued by Dr. Kalen Moor.

When they run into one another again, this time at the BDSM club Steel Door, their attraction is intense, their passion is over the top, and their kinks are in ali
Published September 22nd 2016 by ATT Press

To ask other readers questions about The Binds That Tie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Binds That Tie

Line
This book is a nice steamy, BDSM, sort-of-mystery.

So Joaquin is a barista-by-day-drag-queen-by-night. He's sort of timid, when he's 'himself', but he's a NICE guy, no thanks to his family though.
One night his ex-brother-in-law (Gerald) seeks him out and blackmails J. into performing at a 'drag-night' in a Gentleman's Club.
Let us just agree that what J. is promised will happen at the club, is NOT what happens.
Luckily Kalen saves J. from an almost-rape, and helps him away from the club.
Kalen is
Line
There are two versions of this book here at GR, I have no clue how to combine them since I am not a GR wizard, but will probably leave my review at both versions, just because I can.

Let us just agree that what J. is promised
Gigi
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-bdsm

I'm on the fence with this one, but I'm sure of my rating. Review shortly.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Jan 20, 2017 rated it liked it

Ruth Laureano
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
First time I read a book and the milk in the latte is not milk lol different but I enjoy it a lot
Theresa
Mar 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not easy to read. The story was abrupt and jarring.
Lidia
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
3,5 Stars
First book of series and first book that I read by this author and I liked It very much. I liked all the protagonists as the main characters and I liked like it speaks about BDSM lifestyle; it's light and not dense or morbid , a different way to live own sexuality but healthy the same. I would have read more about Joaquin as drag queen, but I hope to know more in the next book. I enjoyed the reading and the plot was very good, Kalen is a beautiful character and I loved as he was with Jo
Linda
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing and intense love story.

This was an intriguing and intense love story. I couldn't put it down.
The BDSM was done in such a way that even though it was cringe worthy (to someone who isn't into that lifestyle) it was handled seamlessly with the loving connection between the characters.
This is a book that will definitely be on my read again list. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in this well written series.
Tammy
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
There is just something about this story that I loved!
Joaquin and Kalen just fit so perfectly. They are both nice guys! I do wish a bit more was told about Joaquin's drag persona. Joaquin's family was just written a little over the top. The BDSM aspect of this book was nicely done also. Going to check out Austin's book now. Going to check out Austin's book now.
Lara
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot and sweet

Just the MCs like their coffee, with a little something extra. Great scenes for BDSM, some mystery and a truly nasty family to contend with make another great story by Thianna Durston.
Vicki
Nerissa Peterson
Nov 02, 2016
Jamie
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it

I liked this book, but wish the "big event" didn't go down as it did ... it felt unrealistic. Other than that I really enjoyed Kalen and Joaquin, and would have gladly taken 50 more pages of their relationship blooming.

(I also liked that this didn't read like a BDSM instruction manual, as too many books in this genre do.)
Brenda Mueller