Start by marking “The Amazing Spider-Man: Hooky” as Want to Read:
The Amazing Spider-Man: Hooky

The Amazing Spider-Man: Hooky (Marvel Graphic Novel #22)

3.35  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Spider-Man is swept away from his everyday troubles into a fantasy world by an eternally 12-year-old sorceress who needs his encouragement that she has matured enough to advance in her profession.
Hardcover, Graphic Novel, 64 pages
Published April 1st 1986 by Marvel Comics (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Amazing Spider-Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Amazing Spider-Man

Dan Schwent
After meeting a twelve year old girl that knows his secret identity, Spider-Man is whisked away to another dimension to help her fight the Tordenkakerlakk.

A twelve year old sorceress takes Spidey on an adventure across dimensions to face a shapeshifting horror. My first reaction was "What the fuck was that?" Mandi Spindrifter is a girl who delivered newspapers to the Parker house when Peter was a lad. She's perpetually twelve years old, a sorceress, and her archnemesis is the Tordenkakerlakk, al
Gianfranco Mancini

RIP Bernie Wrightson (October 27, 1948 - March 19, 2017)

Not your usual friendly neighborhood spidey's storyline (more a Dr Strange one), but Bernie Wrightson's art is a wonderful lovecraftian nightmare that let you not care at all about the story.
Robert Marsh
Aug 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Artwork - phenomenal. Story - meh.
Reyel2107
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
the art alone is a bomb !!!!
Antonio de la Mano
Sacado de una mente enferma, esta historia del paso de la niñez a la madurez parece creada por la Mike Mignola noventera. La reflexión del paso del paso de niños a jóvenes no llega hasta la penúltima página, con la excusa de meter al Hombre Araña de por medio y así ayudar a la chica con su catarsis. Con un dibujo espectacular y lleno de monstruos, este cómic era uno de los que más me aterraba de chico. En serio, los dibujos de las criaturas que pueden verse son para provocar semanas de pesadilla ...more
Christina
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Maybe 5 stars is a bit heavy for this one, but everything just worked out for me. I haven't really read any Spidey before this one and I liked everything about it; the color & artwork, the dialogue, and the characters. This seems to be a great stand-alone piece that offers a complete story in a quick read.
Nuno Vargas
Dec 27, 2014 rated it liked it
A simple tale, but effective and illustrated in a beautiful way.
Michael
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The first Graphic Novel I ever purchased. A great fun fantasy story starring everyone's favorite Web-head. Beautifully drawn by Bernie Wrightson- this was also my introduction to his amazing art.
Robert
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really love the art for this book. It feels more like a Dr. Strange book though.
Timothy Boyd
Feb 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Good Spider-man story. Good Art and Plot. Recommended

Marvel Graphic Novel (1 - 10 of 75 books)
  • The Death of Captain Marvel
  • Elric: The Dreaming City
  • Dreadstar
  • The New Mutants
  • X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills
  • Star Slammers
  • Killraven: Warrior of the Worlds
  • Super Boxers
  • The Futurians (The Futurians, #1)
  • Heartburst