Start by marking “Chase the Sun (Free Fall #2)” as Want to Read:
Chase the Sun (Free Fall #2)

Chase the Sun

(Free Fall #2)

Jamie Tolland has only ever known his small Oregon town. Same job, same friends, same gay bar. He feels obligated to stay, especially as his mother’s illness progresses. But when a situation presents itself in the form of a vintage sports car, he jumps on the chance to not only repair it, but also drive it to its new owner in LA.

Conner Murphy left Oregon years ago to make
Published September 7th 2016 by Christina Lee and Nyrae Dawn

To ask other readers questions about Chase the Sun, please sign up.
Christina Hi Claire, thanks for asking. Yes, Ezra's book is coming in the next couple of months. It's called Paint the Stars if you want to add it to your TBR.…moreHi Claire, thanks for asking. Yes, Ezra's book is coming in the next couple of months. It's called Paint the Stars if you want to add it to your TBR. :-)(less)

✦❋Arianna✦❋
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

'Chase the Sun' is the second installment in Christina Lee & Nyrae Dawn’s newest m/m series and like the first installment, it was wonderfully written and so very sweet. These two authors know for sure how to deliver an engrossing, wonderful m/m romance and I’m so looking forward for the next installment/s in the series. While this one was not as emotional as the first book, it was well paced, the sweetness and sexiness fantastically blend and overall a really great friends to lover
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Chase the Sun is exactly what I was in the mood for: low angst, friends to lovers, humor, family, sexy times, and a really cool car.

Jamie is stuck living the small-town life and helping his dad take care of his mom who has multiple sclerosis. Conner, raised by hippy parents in an open relationship, jumps from job to job, relationship to relationship.

I loved that Conner wasn't hung up on defining his sexuality. He considered himself fluid and was more than happy to explore Jamie's body. There w
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
DNF @ 37%

My last 3 books have not been good for me. And the only recurring theme I can see is that they are all NA. I think I'm just over the New Adult genre.

Once again I found myself not at all interested in a book. I had no desire to pick it up and read it.

Not much was happening. It just wasn't progressing enough to hold my attention.

Some other reviews said it does pick up. And where I stopped nothing had really happened between Jamie and Conner....so maybe it does.

I just couldn't bring mys
.Lili.
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo image.jpg1_zpstjvdiitm.jpg
Ladies, ladies, ladies: you have hit a home run with Chase the Sun! We have the best of both worlds here: friends to lovers AND opposites attract! Y'all must've had me in mind when you wrote this cause you know I love these type of stories. Lol ;) They did such a great job bringing together two different personalities. They were each other's missing piece.

My highlights:

-Opposites attract. As I mentioned above, they did an excellent job fitting together Conner who is outgoing and Jamie who is al
Shile
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
5 stars for the audiobook

3.75 for the story

Tyler Stevens and Iggy Toma's narration kept me entertained, i was not able to finish book 1, the narration was so bad and could not bring myself to read the book, maybe i will someday. So glad they changed the narrators.

As for the story, it was sweet, cute and angst free, just a simple story about two friends falling in love. The smexy times were good, but i still felt there was something missing.

The Mc's were likable, I adored Jamie he was such a swe
Nyrae Dawn
Aug 10, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Loved, loved, loved writing Conner and Jamie's book!
Dani
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*

I don't know what happened here, but I enjoyed this one more than the first book. Maybe because Connor is more lay-back and funnier than Gabe and Lucas together and Jamie is so damn sweet!

This book definitely goes down a few notch on the angst department, and it makes a big difference between book 1.

We see Connor in the first book as Lucas' work friend. We don't actually get to know him, we just see he's kind of pushy and what he proposes, he does it. For example, become Lucas' frien
Christelle
A feel good and mellowing “friends to lovers” romance, between Conner and Jamie, one at ease and carefree, one shy and so adorable, both trying to figure out what their future can be. Their reconnection leads to awareness, not only about themselves but also about a committed relationship.

To be honest, the beginning felt a bit shallow but then, like a warm sunlight, the story charmed me with the down to earth vulnerabilities and rightful questions from both MCs.

A simple story (and simple is alwa
Ele
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars*

I had a rough start with this book, but the second half made up for it.

Conner's narration felt kinda weird at the beginning and the way he described his sexuality was...didactic, I think that's the right word for it. And, honestly, just the fact that I felt it was an actual description shows that it wasn't smooth at all. You don't have to "convince" or educate your readers about these things. Conner was sexually fluid, period. Lets leave his actions speak for themselves.

The first half
Chris
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
So beautiful - Jamie and Conner had such perfect chemistry. This story was fun, romantic and made me smile. The journey of two young guys both carrying their own insecurities and vulnerabilities who decided to eventually throw caution to the wind and chase the sun ❤ I really enjoyed this - stress free, heart warming story ...more
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

A feel good, no muss love story.

Conner and Jamie were once friends as teens, and while Conner took his opportunity to leave his small town life in Oregon, Jamie is still stuck there, mostly out of circumstance and habit. Jamie doesn’t hesitate to bring Conner his inheritance, eager to experience something new.

These two quickly fall back into their easy friendship. Jamie is ready to indulge in all that L.A. has to offer, and he dives right in. Conner finds Jamie laid back, endearing, and
Christina
Aug 06, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Conner and Jamie were so much fun to write! They made Nyrae/Riley and me laugh and swoon.

You'll see plenty of Lucas and Gabriel too (from Touch the Sky). <3

A teaser:

Meags
3.5 Stars

This was another beautifully written new adult M/M romance by Dawn and Lee.

This series really nails those uncertain, scary and often overwhelming feelings you experience in your twenties – hell, at any time in your life, really – when you’re trying to find your way in the world; that terrifying uncertainty of what you want to do with the rest of your life, and whether you’re capable enough to achieve your utmost dreams. It’s some heady stuff and I could definitely relate to both Jamie’
haletostilinski
3.5 stars rounded up!

This one wasn't quite as strong as the other books I've read in this series. Now I liked Conner and Jamie, both as individual characters and as a couple.

But that's just it. I liked them, but I didn't love them. They didn't wow me. The chemistry was fine, but it wasn't amazing. It didn't pull me in, they didn't pull me in. I liked them and I liked their scenes, but I didn't love them.

I enjoyed Conner from the first book so I was excited to read his story. Unfortunately his st
Nat
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-loaned, amazon, m-m
Sweet story

I swore I wasn’t going to read more NA but these authors do write some good stories. This was a lovely tale of two young men learning more about themselves, even as they’re learning to fall in love. This was quite angst-free, which I appreciated a lot. It was a portrayal of growing up and spreading new wings, taking the kind of chances in life that many of us pass up. Conner’s self doubt was familiar, even though he was given different motivations for his. It wasn’t even an NA feeling
Jay
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016, mm-romance
4 stars – Anyone who has been reading my reviews for a while knows that, individually, Christina Lee and Nyrae Dawn (Riley Hart) are both authors I enjoy reading. Chase the Sun is their second collaboration together, and though I didn’t enjoy it quite as much as their previous novel, Touch the Sky, that’s a little like saying I don’t like peanut butter fudge quite as much as I like mint fudge. I happen to like them both. A lot.

Jamie Tolland and Conner Murphy were friends who grew up in the same
Joana
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, ebooks
How do I put into words how much I love these kinds of books and how much they mess me up?

I loved Chase the Sun with all my heart. It was different from Touch the Sky, it felt lighter somehow, maybe because it doesn't deal with with such heavy subjects like the previous one did, but it still has his very deep feelings and insecurities that hit home in all that ways that I wish they hadn't.

It always those. Seeing myself in their insecurities and seeing the characters have something that I'll ne
Tammy
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a sweet read and would recommend this to someone looking for a sweet read low on angst. When I first started this book I wasn't to fond of Connor but I understood him better the more I read about his upbringing. All in all great read! ;-)
Elsbeth
Cute and sweet read. Loved it.
Mercedes
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
Eh! Probably won't remember what happened in three days. Nothing memorable about it.
Bella
What a great book! I couldn't stop reading. l9ve Jaime & Connor.

full review to come
Kim
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars

Jamie Tolland is breaking out of his uneventful, smothering life in Riverfall, Oregon to deliver a car he restored to his old friend, Conner Murphy. Conner escaped Riverfall for L.A. and he is happy to have his old friend bring the car he inherited and stay for a visit.

Jamie is a young gay man craving new experiences, adventure, and a vision of life outside of his small town. He's shy, stuck in a rut, and unsure of his own appeal. His life in Riverfall in no way prepares him for the mor
namericanwordcat
Watching Conner and Jamie fall in a love is a joy. They were friends as kids and while Conner has never been with a man he has always had an open sexuality.

Jamie leaves his small town and gets to experience LA. This book is a little love note to Los Angles which is always a treat because it is a great unrated city.

Conner is open hearted and kind and sunny but he has layers and complexities. The family lives of our heroes add textures to this love story as do the circle of friends.

Then, we get
Ashley
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, friends-to-lovers
This is a sweet, low angst, feel good story.. I loved Conner and Jamie. I liked watching Jamie start to feel comfortable with himself and really find out who he was and could be while visiting Conner. Can't wait for Ezra's story!
Shannon
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, audible, m-m
4.5*- I don't normally listen to books that I haven't read already, but I took a chance with this one and now I really want to go back and read it!

Audible review:
Overall 4*
Performance 4*
Story 5*

"Opposites attract in the best way!"
What did you love best about Chase the Sun?
I loved the story! I loved how both Conner and Jamie really "found" themselves during the course of the book. I loved their easy friendship and the way they were able to pick right up with each other, even without having seen e
UltraMeital
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, new-adult
This was a sweet "coming of age" novel. I liked both Jaime and Conner, they sound different when we first get to know them, but as the plot unfolds, it's easy to see they are perfect for one another, and the past they shared together only make it more clear why being together is the only thing that could make sense mostly to Conner but also to Jaime.

Jaime and Conner grew up together in a small town, their knew each other from small age since Conner used to stay a lot at his uncle's house which
Sue bowdley
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've really enjoyed this series....In this one we have Lucas' friend Conner and his friend Jamie who drives his uncles car down to him and spends a couple of weeks.....Conner being fairly fluid in his sexuality soon gets close to Jamie...They spend some seriously hot time together and I quickly fell in love with Jamie..He is so sweet and adorable....Conner too is amazing and they fitted together so well....A nice slow read and a lot less angsty than the last but just as hot......I'm looking forw ...more
Zuzu
Sep 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this one but not as much as the first one. I really liked Jamie more than Conner but they were good together. I am a bit tired of "I'm not good enough for you" or "I'm afraid I can't be who you need." That's the main reason his book wasn't 4 stars for me.
iam
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun read that isn't really anything special but enjoyable nevertheless.

Content warnings include: sex on-page, very cis-normative language with some statements that may be harmful to trans readers

Now this kinda wasn't what I expected from the blurb. I thought the main plot would focus on a road trip with the characters instantly having sex with each other. That's really not what happens, but the book is still a romance so it's wasn't like this was an unpleasant surprise- there just wasn't a roa
Santy
This was boooorrriiinnggg. :(

Nothing really happened and I didn't really connect to any of the characters; be it major or minor. We did get a glimpse of Lucas and Gabriel from book 1 which was good but overall, this book was very bland. :(
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Stuff (The Bristol Collection, #2)
  • A Hundred Thousand Words
  • Taboo For You (Love And Family, #1)
  • It Was Always You
  • A Kind of Romance (A Kind of Stories, #2)
  • Deep Edge (Harrisburg Railers, #3)
  • Counting Daisies (Counting #1)
  • Trailer Trash
  • Right Hand Red
  • Out of Frame (In Focus #3)
  • Unmasking Zach (Ellery College, #2)
  • House of Cards (Porthkennack, #4)
  • Tender with a Twist (Rainbow Cove, #2)
  • When Forever Ended  (Camassia Cove, #2)
  • Skater Boy (Hot Off the Ice, #4)
  • Married for a Month
  • Candy Man (Candy Man #1)
Mother, wife, reader, dreamer. Christina lives in the Midwest with her husband and son--her two favorite guys. She's addicted to lip balm, coffee, and kissing. Because everything is better with kissing.

She writes MM Contemporary as well as Adult and New Adult Romance. She believes in happily-ever-afters for all, so reading and writing romance for everybody under the rainbow helps quench her soul.

Free Fall (4 books)
  • Touch the Sky (Free Fall #1)
  • Paint the Stars (Free Fall #3)
  • Living Out Loud (Free Fall #4)
“It’s cool to be excited about things. People aren’t excited about nearly enough. We love to find things to be pissed about or offended by. It’s easier to be angry…or hell, to settle than it is to be happy. We need to spend more time finding joy in things.” 0 likes
“Life is meant to be lived, to be enjoyed, and to have so many fucking experiences you have no regrets. That’s my motto, anyway. “He’s” 0 likes