Start by marking “Guarded by the Warrior (Conquered Bride Series Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Guarded by the Warrior (Conquered Bride Series Book 5)

Guarded by the Warrior

(Conquered Bride #5)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  139 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
A lady in need of protection...

Suffering through a short marriage to an enemy of Scotland, Lady Emilia MacCulloch manages to escape just before her husband dies. But the Ross Clan will stop at nothing to get her back, for she plays a big part in their plans to thwart Robert the Bruce. She fears not only for her life, but for her family who will be labeled traitors. Placed
Published November 29th 2016 by Knight Media, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Guarded by the Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guarded by the Warrior

The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Can you sit and say that you don’t want a man that is passionate, has charisma, loyal and the strength to shake the foundation built around your heart? I think not. I have that intense desire to climb right in to one of Knights book and allow myself to be totally seduced by the hero.

Emilia was feisty, fierce, stubborn, determined and a survivalist. She was strong when needed and devoted. She never expected to be betrayed. Let alone by her own family. Life takes her in a new direction once she e
Clarice
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Escaping a marriage just before her husband, which she never wanted dies. Lady Emilia MacCulloch flees to Robert the Bruce, her king. The Ross Clan will stop at nothing to get her back, she fears for herself and her family. When Emilia is placed in a household with a handsome devastating warrior, in need of help with his father's bastard children. His passion, charisma, loyalty, and strength shakes the very core of Emilia's foundation. Emilia has never met a man like Ian before. Ian Matheson has ...more
Helen White
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Guarded By The Warrior

Book 5 is another hit in the series. Eliza Knight has again written a series worthy of reading from the beginning.
In this novel Ian and Emilia fall deeply in love after she has been brought to Ian by The Bruce for protection. She escaped from The Ross clan who were evil and only wanted her to produce a child for Ina and Marmaduke . The man that her father gave her to was Padrig who was crippled and paralyzed and could not bed her. Ina wanted her husband to get her with chi
Donna Nealey
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emily's and Ian - Book 5

Please read this book, it's different than any of the others. Very seldom do I cry or laugh, especially reading a book, but this one had me crying at the end and laughing at Ian's wit throughout the book. I read several books a week and this book raised my emotions to the surface. Ms Knight certainly ended this series on a very high note! Best book in the series and I think you'll agree when you read it. At the first, some things were mentioned that I didn't understand, b
Lily
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining story of Highland Romance. A few surprises sprinkled in and strong main characters make this a novel you won't want to put down. Ian and Emilia made a wonderful couple and their past pain united them in an understanding relationship. It took time for them to get to know each other but their attraction started from the moment they met. The erotic scenes were very steamy! Eliza Knight never disappoints.
Jackie Stice
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Good, but not my favorite book.

Even though the storyline wasn't completely believable, I was okay with it. I wasn't thrilled with the way the ending was just to quick of a turn around, because the beginning took to much time. If felt more like a square peg being forced into a round hole. Still, Eliza Knight is a very good writer and it would not have worked if she wasn't so experienced.
Layne
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Traitors, betrayal and live

A woman betrayed by her father and sold in marriage to traitors of Scotland. A man newly made Laird of his clan. Both have insecurities about who they are but both have hearts full of live that needs sharing. Robert the Bruce brings these two together amid dangers and an enemy determined to kill. How these two find love amid the dangers is thrilling. I could not put this down until I finished.
Ann Gonzalez
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wonderful

This book was a delightful addition to the series. It was full of humour, intrigue, and emotions. I have really enjoyed the characters. This story was interesting, entertaining, and different. Eliza is an exceptional author.
Sara Reads (mostly) LOTS of Romance
OMG THIS SO CYUUTTE
Eileen Dandashi
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Meet your perfect man in Ian Matheson!

The prologue introduces us to a nasty piece of goods – Ina Ross, whose mind is demented, yet cunning. One night her cousin, Padrig, was brought to her door, more dead than alive. Ina and husband were schemers. Unfortunate , Padrig was one of their pawns. Lady Emilia, used as payment for the debt her family found themselves, is another pawn upon the chess board these two are placed.

After three months of marriage to the bed-ridden, emancipated Padrig, he surpr
April
Guarded by the Warrior (Conquered Bride Series Book 5) by Eliza Knight was a fantastic Medieval Scottish Romance. While, Book 5, it can be read as a stand alone, with no issues.
This story draw me in, within the first chapter and held my attention throughout, to the very end.
Ian and Emilia were such great characters! Ian was sexy, protective and fiercely loyal. He also felt unworthy of his position as new Laird, after his father's death.
Emilia was feisty, felt betrayed by her family and determi
Natalie Hayden
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The story of Guarded by a Warrior is interesting because Emilia is married off to the enemy of all of the other bride books (Conquered Series as well as Stolen Bride Series). She is married off to Padrig who is the cousin of Ina Ross who has plagued the entire series with her disastrous antics against Scotland and the heroes within these series. Laird Ian Matheson has newly become laird after his father’s passing and finds himself caring for his 12 half-brothers and sisters. Lady Emilia is broug ...more
Barbara Literski
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Eliza Knight weaves a great story in this book. Ian is the Laird of Clan Matheson but he has to prove to his clan the he can take care of them and his fathers illegitimate children! If that isn't enough stress Robert the Bruce brings his "cousin" to be a governess to the 12 children. Lady Emilia doesn't even know if she likes children. She is there to be protected from Ina Ross and her husband. When you read this book you know why she needs the protection and a few other surprises.
Marie Staton
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!!! Great read.

Loved Ian's tender heart, fierce loyalty., and sexy. Emilie great heroine. Story of how life can change for the better in a blink. True love prevails. Like the guest spot of Robert the Bruce. Hate this is the last book of the series.
Gail L. Zanzig
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

I so thoroughly loved reading this book. I love reading books based on the time of Robert the Bruce. Love stories of Scott's also. Love, hate, betrayal and joy. A fine book.
Cindy Larson
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read and incredible story!

Absolutely loved this! Ian Matheson is a hero for the ages; Emilia was a great match. The story was a page turner and an easy read. A little suspense; a few surprises; lots of chivalry & flirtatiousness...another hit by Eliza Knight!!!
Yolanda
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
a fantastic read one of my favourite authors

A great addition to the series but you can read it as a stand alone beautifully written taking you back in time absolutely loved it
naomi hoover
Jun 01, 2017
Donna Sarjeant
Dec 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Eliza Knight is a USA Today bestselling and award-winning author of sizzling historical romance and erotic romance. Writing as E. Knight, she pens riveting tales of Tudor fiction. Eliza grew up playing in castle ruins and traipsing the halls of Versailles when visiting her grandparents during the summer, which instilled a love of history at an early age. While not reading, writing or researching f ...more

Conquered Bride (5 books)
  • Conquered by the Highlander (Conquered Bride, #1)
  • Seduced by the Laird (Conquered Bride, #2)
  • Claimed by the Warrior (Conquered Bride, #3)
  • Stolen by the Laird (Conquered Bride, #4)