Start by marking “Chasing the High” as Want to Read:
Chasing the High

Chasing the High

A Steamy M/M Contemporary Romance.

They say opposites attract, don't they? After being left at the altar, Sam takes off to Hawaii and meets his match in Drew, the broody, tattooed bad boy who spins his life in a direction he never saw coming...

Left at the altar. Dumped. Abandoned. Jilted.

That only happened in books. Fictional disasters like the kind I wrote. It wasn’t sup
Published October 15th 2016 by Beth Michele

To ask other readers questions about Chasing the High, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing the High

Gigi

This was fucking delightful. Fluffy, fluffy, fluffy! Low angst, feel good, great sex, extremely likable characters.

Drew and Sam are both vacationing in Hawaii, nursing broken hearts. A chance meeting has them spending time together exploring the island. Both men are gay (a nice break from the M/M romance "sexual confusion" books) but are holding that information back from one another, afraid it will upset their tenuous new friendship.

Now, while this book was a fountain of rainbow colore
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

This book is definitely a sweet read; it's all insta love and profound moments while eating lobster and running on the beach. I like Meet Cute books, especially when they also ladle out some sexy.

At the end, there is an excerpt from one of Beth Michele's M/F novels, which, hello, barking up the wrong tree much? But the excerpt made me realize that Chasing the High read a bit like a M/F romance. Drew, especially, was the bitchy, wounded heroine: whiny and depressed one minute, angry and com
Wendy

This was a wonderful, fluffy, sweet and hot story. I enjoyed every single page.

Sam has been left at the altar by his stupid fiancee. Deciding not to wallow in selfpity, he goes to Hawaii by himself.

On the plane is where he first meets Drew, and their first meeting doesn't go as well as expected..

However, they meet again in Hawaii and a new friendship is born.

These men are quite the oppossite of one another. Sam is a bit more reserved, struggles with some anxiety and compulsion. Drew is more ou
dammit, that one chick
Well, this one was unfortunately not for me. I'm pretty picky these days about fluffy tropes, but the concept of this appealed to me. A writer still raw from a breakup meets sexy stranger in Maui? I'm game. Throw in a friends to lovers trope on top of that? Yes please. But as much as I liked where the author was going, it didn't work for me.

There were some important parts of the plot they made no sense to me. Sam is an out gay dude. Yet he keeps his orientation a secret from a random, hot stran
Chris- Bookaddict
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read it. Loved it. Want more of it. No lie add this one to your TBR ladies you are going to want to meet Beth's newest characters in this book. More info to come soon.

Renée
Well that was........fun? Interesting? I don't even know at this point. I think I jinxed myself. Let me explain.

The first 57% of this book was amazeballs. Simply stunning. There were no side plots. There were no pesky exes, interfering friends, or meddling parents. It was nothing but relationship building. And I love it when that happens!

Sam's fiancé is a no-show at their wedding (ruh-roh), but he decides to go on the planned honeymoon to Hawaii anyway. He's hurt, but discovers soon enough (thro
Susan
Oct 20, 2016 marked it as dnf
Shelves: mm
DNF at 40%

I’m just not feeling it.

I love low-angst books, but there has to be something that holds my attention. If I feel a connection to the characters, I love reading about endless conversations about nothing. But in this case their conversations and ‘adventures’ on the island almost put me to sleep.

And I could not get a good image of either Drew or Sam. Drew was an ass one moment, and this hurt, bashful kid the next. One moment he was small and slender in my head, and the next big and muscu
Beth Michele
Sep 23, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: m-m-romance
A M/M Contemporary Romance

Jessica Alcazar
It doesn't matter whether you have ever thought of reading an M/M romance before or you have and you think it's not your thing ... READ THIS BOOK, because everything will change for you! #TRUST

This is by far one of the sweetest, low-angst, sexy M/M reads that I have had the pleasure of reading in quite some time. I am new to the world of Beth Michele and I gotta say ... this author is going places. I know this isn't her first book, but since it is for me, she feels new to me, but I'll be watch
Lennan Adams
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
This is a really hot and sweet M/M romance about two heartbroken guys who find love on vacation in Hawaii. I really liked how caring the guys were with each other, and also how sexy they were together. I also loved feeling like I was in Hawaii with them--the descriptions of everything from food to scenery was great. Of course there was some drama :~) but the angst was just enough to cause a little conflict, and the resolutions were lovely. I don't want to give anything away, but Hawaii is only h ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠
2★'s = it was ok.

This was odd. I don't know if I feel anything about it really either way.

The POV switches seemed to change who the characters were. When we were getting Sam's POV he had a certain way about him, when we we were hearing Sam's voice through Drew it was like he was a different person all together. It read odd to me.

I don't know why the sister was always bouncing.

I don't know why Drew read like he had multiple personalities. He was obviously adjusted enough in his life to be success
Kizzy
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I seriously loved these two. ❤

Once again, Beth has shown me why she is one of my favorite romance authors. This is her first M/M Romance and being a lover of that genre, I was quite surprised. I loved it!!

Sam..poor thing. My heart brakes for him as he is left at the altar waiting to get married. Depressed and devastated, he heads to Hawaii for 2 weeks, which was supposed to be his honeymoon. On his flight, he meets the handsome Drew. It wasn't a great meeting at all..Nothing but attitude.

They
Cheryl McIntyre
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Title: Chasing the High
Author: Beth Michele
Genre: M/M Contemporary Romance/Gay Romance

Beth Michele’s first dabble into M/M romance is a HOMERUN! If you have never read a M/M love story before, let this one be your first. You will not be sorry.

I love these guys! LOVE them! Sam is organized and a little uptight. Drew is adventurous and easygoing. These guys couldn’t be more different, but man-oh-man, do opposites ever attract! Sam calms Drew and teaches him to see what a truly amazing man he has b
Meep
Nov 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Found this odd, it's not sure if it wants to be a light fun romance or something deeper. Emotions are all over the place, back-stories sit awkwardly with the current events with issues you'd think an immediate concern being ignored. Conversations often felt off because of this.
Angsty for a bit of fluff.

Perspectives changed but didn't differ enough or seem consistent so the characters didn't add up for me. The overall feel was very teenage m/f. Neither character felt real enough for me to care or
Leaundra
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. I never use this expression but oh the feels, they were popping. From the beginning I was in the book and liked both MC's. Sam and Drew had some great chemistry from their first meeting. Even though it wasn't the best, you could still tell there was something there. They were so sweet together and damn also so hot together. I believe this in RL that things happen for a reason, Drew was Sam's reason. I can't believe this is the author's first M/M book. I hope there will be ...more
~Kristin~
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it
2.75 Stars
This book was a bit of a miss for me. It felt like something was missing, from the beginning through to the end, and I just didn't connect with these characters. It was so overly sweet and when not sweet it was almost whiny. I know many of my friends have had a completely different experience, but this one just wasn't for me.
MaDoReader
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Me ha terminado aburriendo soberanamente
Pianka *call me PIU*
4.5 Stars

“Chasing the High” by Beth Michele is a combination of a second chance romance and broken/damaged hero romance and I absolutely loved it. It is emotional, sweet and at times a little angsty and everything was blended together to perfection. The MCs really stole my heart. Their journey of finding true love was endearing, hot and sweet. Plus the setting of the story is in the gorgeous Maui islands and it was a fitting background to the tentative romance.

Sam Stone has been left at the alta
Bev
 photo SnoopyHearts_zpsdde64b5d.gif

This is an absolutely delish romance. No, I haven't read anything else by this author, but I damn well will be doing in the future, assuming she writes more M/M. Adored the hell out of it. 5 stars all the way.
Kazza
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Spoiler free (NSFW) review at -
 photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png

description

description

AJ
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it
A sweet and sexy M/M romance

3 stars

Sam’s fiancé has just left him at the altar. For a man who lives a controlled and ordered life, the chaos leaves him feeling hurt and bewildered (rather than completely broken hearted), so he hops a plane to Hawaii, planning on trying to figure out where to from here. On the flight he meets Drew, and they’re both clearly feeling a bit moody and there is snark and sarcasm galore, but it turns out that Drew is staying in the same hotel as Sam, and when they run i
1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even start with this? There’s something so…gratifying – just so deeply satisfying – about two broken men who find each other, heal each other, and learn that their capacity to love each other is fathomless. Something about men learning how to love and be vulnerable with each other – gets me every time.

And, in case there was any doubt, Ms. Michele nailed it here. Out of the park. There wasn’t a single moment in this entire book when I wasn’t fully invested and hungry for more. I spent
Tina K
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tina by: Gigi
This was so, so sweet. And hot. Just the way I like them.

Yes, I had to suspend disbelief a few times and the last question was the wrong question. But I really liked the book. Both characters were, for the most part, likable. While there was a hurt/comfort aspect it wasn't dripping with angst.

Thank you SS!
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“I don’t just love pieces of you. I love the whole of you.”

Yes! This! This is exactly how I feel about Beth Michele’s Chasing the High. I loved it—the whole of it.

Gathering my thoughts is proving to be a challenge, so forgive me. But… This book, y'all. It's so beautiful. It's this gentle, sensual, soft, gorgeous romance. It’s fluttering butterfly feelings, and aches deep within for characters that are just wonderful.

Sam and Drew are simply perfect. From their meet-cute to their banter, from
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
*copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement*

After being left at the altar, Sam takes off for two weeks to Hawaii. On the plane he sits next Drew, and to say they get off on the wrong foot is an understatement. Once they get to Hawaii they meet again and spend time together. Will this just be an Hawaiian fling, or will they continue once they head back home?

I've never asked for an ARC or any bo
A.J. Warner
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Being my first M/M book, I was skeptical. I knew without a doubt I could read the Love story. But, I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle sexual scenes. Beth proved me wrong.
This book is a beautifully written love story. From beginning to end it captivated me, tugged at my thin heart strings. The sexual aspect of it was far more than I expected. In a good way! Beth captured love, lust, angst, heartbreak and so much more.
Love is Love!
Natosha Wilson
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book about losing where you thought your life was heading only to find out that life had something even better in store for you.

Sam was heartbroken when he got to Hawaii because his fiancé left him at the alter. Sam knew he needed to get over it and move on with his life and then he met Drew.

Sam and Drew did not get off on the right foot. They both judged the other before anything left the others mouth and the sad thing is both men could not have been more wrong about the othe
Daphne
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-read, 2016-books
A whole lot of sweetness in this one. I'm not sure if I'm biased because I read that the author originally wrote M/F but some bits of this felt like it was a M/F couple. Drew morphed a bit in this story. I liked it but didn't love it.

Lucy
Oct 19, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars on this one. It certainly had some really great moments. Just as a whole, it was insta-lovey dovey.
JoAnna G
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one go. I simply could not put it down.

Sam is left at the altar by Glenn and wants to get away. Drew is also coming in from a break up and needed to take a vacation. They meet on a flight to hawaii. This book, my heart was hurt for these two men. One feels like he isn’t good enough and the other feels the same but for a different reason. Sam is an established author and has a great family circle. Drew has one person that he loves like a father and that is Joe.

When they meet
Kindle Unlimited ...: Steamy M/M Contemporary Romance FREE in KU! 1 6 Jun 22, 2018 11:02AM
  • Verismo (Magnum Opus, #1)
  • Never Too Early: The Beginning  (Never Too Early, #1)
  • Be Fairy Game (Starfig Investigations, #2)
  • The Hardest Fall (Roadmap to Your Heart #3)
  • Second to None (The Breakfast Club, #3)
  • The Sergeant: A Christmas Story (Cuffs, Collars, and Love #2.5)
  • First Frost (Neighborly Affection, #3.5; Dino Martini, #2.5; Highlander Heat, #0.5)
  • To Touch You (Mates, #4)
  • Unjustified Claims (Hidden Wolves #3)
  • A Right Royal Affair
  • Under a Sky of Ash
  • A Love Song for the Sad Man in the White Coat
  • A Way with Words (Memories with The Breakfast Club)
  • Raining Men (Chaser, #2)
  • On Solid Ground (On Solid Ground, #1)
  • Hearsay (Bylaws, #1)
  • Noah
  • Here For You (Sunshine and Happiness #1)
Beth Michele is a bestselling author of M/F and M/M Contemporary Romance who writes sweet, funny, and sexy (sometimes dirty) stories with heart...and snark. She can often be spotted hiding out with her laptop or kindle somewhere quiet, preferably on a bench overlooking the ocean. Swedish Fish and Twizzlers are her jam, and she makes a mean hot chocolate every day of the year.